Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:41:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701093 times)
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:35:00 PM

Is there any way to prevent switching different pools on the same algo?  I find that sometimes pools play ping-pong with each other on the same algo, which results in more miner downtime. I can mitigate the problem a bit by setting a higher switching threshold %, but I find this still happens fairly often.

Are you talking about switching pools/coins on the same algo that happens on Yiimp pools like Zerg, zpool, ahash...etc?

if so, there's nothing you can do, Yiimp choses the coin to mine and converts the coin to coins specified in your password parameter c=XXX

Mining on multiport means giving away your freedom of choice, yes, the mc=XXX on zergpool doesn't work (least a month ago when I used it), that's how Yiimp works. Setting individual pools on multiport Yiimps also don't work, the Online Services reported metrics overrides your custom coin stats even if you have disabled it.

For example, instead of using online services, you have GoByte setup on zPool, you set the parameter c=GBX and thought everything was okay, you did the same for INN, now, their profitability gets override by zPool's Profit (current, 24h estimate, 24 actual) and regardless what your coins tab is reporting correct figure say, GoByte @ $1.5 a day, INN at $1.0 a day, your details tab tells you both @ $1.5 a day, which is derived from zPool's figure and not Coins Tab figure...

While I love to see more pools added as predefined pools, this issue remains my biggest problem, and a problem for all coin collectors, it's perfect for ppl who just want to set and forget and let pool do all the auto exchange. But not if you want to HODL and unload as you see fit yourself. So in the end, you need to just find pools with individual ports to avoid situation such as the above from happening, and there are compromises you have to make, due to less (noob) miners, hashrates are lower and blocks takes longer (if not forever if you really chose a ghost pool) to find, that takes a good hit on profit.

I'd strongly advocate against adding more pools to predefined Online Services unless we users have a choice on which metric (Coins Individual, or Yiimp-Pool reported) takes precedence over each other when determining profit (to me, it's a clear bug, since how can you have different coins such as GBX and INN, DSR, NYX, TZC, VIVO...etc. all having the same exact profit? you can't! Resulting in 2 miners mining this, 3 miners running another...etc. It's quite a sight to see, but a truely miners gone nuts when you looked at the AM window when such thing happens) . Or just skip Yiimp pools altogether as they are added to AM by default. Luckily, only those Yiimp pools with autoexchange are added to AM and not the ones that have disabled it (please don't add those, I'll be forced to migrate like a nomad).

sorry about the rant, but I deem totally relevant and just telling you my experience that if your problem is how I understands it, hope it saves you time not to fiddle around with these multiport auto-exchange yiimps cause it would at current stage, be wasted effort.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moppidoo

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:53:15 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 12:19:54 AM by moppidoo

Just a pol how many of the profit switching pools do you use? We have 9 Pre-configured.

Does anyone use them all set and forget kinda?

Is there any statistical best practices?

If not using a particular one why?

Im not using Mining Dutch Ive had alot of issue like shares not found for extended periods and once i enabled "adjust reported revenue for actual payout performance".  All my rigs were showing less than $1 per card or about 6-8 per day  on 1070 1080 and 1070ti . Yet the profit profile still showed most profitable.  I guess Id like to just use as few as possible for simpler management and reporting but also dont want to leave money on the table.

Nicehash a little with older PC
Zpool yes
MPH only for some specific coins without convert
Ahaspool yes
Hash Refinery NOT
ZergPool NOT
Mining Dutch Absolutely NOT
Blazepool and Block Masters ... I have not tried them

Yiimp.eu, BSOD... and some more for especific coins.

in addition, the more you enable, the more hashrate you distribute among them, means longer wait for payout ...etc, of course, it's not a problem if you have enough hashpower to mitigate that. But a hobby miner, forget about it.

Your problem with mining dutch is probably the predefined used high diff ports (some nicehash ports even) in the online services, so...naturally, you don't find shares as often...you can manually change them to the vardiff ports or even low diff if you have mid-tier hardware/rigs setup.

**Just a hobby Miner**
< 10 GPU (Statistics, 24h actual, adjust checked, switch interval threshold as you see fit but probably 10m/3~5%)

stick with your favourite auto-exchange pools, GorDiE gives a good choice

**Imagining you're a surfer, riding difficulty waves and get the most out of it, not for tech faint hearted**
Personally for non-autoexchangers only and ppl with >10 GPU (hashrate of GTX 1060 or GTX 1070 on average) (statistics, Current, no Adjust, 5m/5~15%)(User Defined pool groups recommended, avoid PPLNT, PPLNS, most yiimps are PROP, must use soothaa's plugin or similar, must use rule to manual profit switch based on revenue/profit)

NiceHash - Yes (it's PPS, and works well with occassional dual mine Ethash coins, less hassel to setup those 2nd tier dual algos, you hash slow one 2ndary, no need to try accumulate them fast as they don't for small time miners)
Everything Else - No (Use pool groups)

**imagining you're occasional adventurous type who likes to gamble your luck a bit**
Auto-Exchangers and minimal effort > 20 GPU (hashrate of GTX 1060 or GTX 1070 on average) (just hypothesising, I don't fit in here, 24h estimate, adjust uncheck, switch 10m/3~5%)

Hash on any predefined pools you like since reaching minimum payout isn't an issue and stick with ones that works for you in terms of how much you trust them (in simple words, if you reckon pools are scamming your or stealing your hashrate and doing dishonest payout conversions, just avoid them, due to variation of mining luck/difficulty, ppl tends to have quite a varying opionions about which one is the best..so best that you take them with a grain of salt and decide for yourself after trying them out personally)

hunterd13

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:57:38 PM

Just a pol how many of the profit switching pools do you use? We have 9 Pre-configured.

Im not using Mining Dutch Ive had alot of issue like shares not found for extended periods and once i enabled "adjust reported revenue for actual payout performance".  All my rigs were showing less than $1 per card or about 6-8 per day  on 1070 1080 and 1070ti . Yet the profit profile still showed most profitable.  I guess Id like to just use as few as possible for simpler management and reporting but also dont want to leave money on the table.

i think if your hashing power is low your better off sticking to 1 or 2 pools to enable yourself to get payouts without having to wait forever. ive had the best luck with zergpool and mining pool hub getting paid out in LTC. i have 2 1070 and a 1050 ti making about $3.50 a day which is what online services says i should when set to 24 hour actual.
textb0ok

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:28:07 AM

Im not using Mining Dutch Ive had alot of issue like shares not found for extended periods and once i enabled "adjust reported revenue for actual payout performance".  All my rigs were showing less than $1 per card or about 6-8 per day  on 1070 1080 and 1070ti . Yet the profit profile still showed most profitable.  I guess Id like to just use as few as possible for simpler management and reporting but also dont want to leave money on the table.

I have had a lot of different issues, but the one issue that continues to cause problems is only with Mining Dutch. I have completely abandoned Mining Dutch for this reason. They have a decent site, but a lot of javascript on your site does not make up for poor mining and low profit.

I personally don't see the issue people have with hash refinery. I had an issue with them in the past, but it was easily solved with good advice from this forum. Hash Refinery is one of the easiest sites to reach a payout.

Currently my favorite pools offered by default from Awesome Miner are Blazepool, hash refinery, zpool, and mining pool hub.

Ahashpool and zergpool are both good sites and I have received payments from both, but I only use them with my more serious hardware because they seem to take much longer to reach payout even when Awesome Miner is reporting them to be the most profitable. At least zergpool offers Litecoin payments now...

I recommend that you do as much experimenting as you can.
O-Coin

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:43:24 AM

Zpool yes
Ahaspool yes
Hash Refinery NOT
ZergPool NOT

in addition, the more you enable, the more hashrate you distribute among them, means longer wait for payout ...etc, of course, it's not a problem if you have enough hashpower to mitigate that. But a hobby miner, forget about it.

Your problem with mining dutch is probably the predefined used high diff ports (some nicehash ports even) in the online services, so...naturally, you don't find shares as often...you can manually change them to the vardiff ports or even low diff if you have mid-tier hardware/rigs setup.

**Just a hobby Miner**
< 10 GPU (Statistics, 24h actual, adjust checked, switch interval threshold as you see fit but probably 10m/3~5%)

**Imagining you're a surfer, riding difficulty waves and get the most out of it, not for tech faint hearted**
Personally for non-autoexchangers only and ppl with >10 GPU (hashrate of GTX 1060 or GTX 1070 on average) (statistics, Current, no Adjust, 5m/5~15%)(User Defined pool groups recommended, avoid PPLNT, PPLNS, most yiimps are PROP, must use soothaa's plugin or similar, must use rule to manual profit switch based on revenue/profit)

NiceHash - Yes (it's PPS, and works well with occassional dual mine Ethash coins, less hassel to setup those 2nd tier dual algos, you hash slow one 2ndary, no need to try accumulate them fast as they don't for small time miners)

**imagining you're occasional adventurous type who likes to gamble your luck a bit**
Auto-Exchangers and minimal effort > 20 GPU (hashrate of GTX 1060 or GTX 1070 on average) (just hypothesising, I don't fit in here, 24h estimate, adjust uncheck, switch 10m/3~5%)

Hash on any predefined pools you like since reaching minimum payout isn't an issue and stick with ones that works for you in terms of how much you trust them (in simple words, if you reckon pools are scamming your or stealing your hashrate and doing dishonest payout conversions, just avoid them, due to variation of mining luck/difficulty, ppl tends to have quite a varying opionions about which one is the best..so best that you take them with a grain of salt and decide for yourself after trying them out personally)

I Actually Have 68 GPUs 8 Rigs
20XRX 580 2 Rigs
16X1070 2 Rigs
8X1070ti
8X1080ti
8X1080
8XVEGA 56

I just Checked the Adjust today i am on switch 10m/5%.  Im looking to keep it as simple and as possible even if its a little more to congfig initially.  What I have going on now seems like a shit show thats impossible to really track.  Gonna start by disabling a few.  
I appreciate the insight and experience

DrHookMcracken

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:12:10 AM

Is there any way to prevent switching different pools on the same algo?  I find that sometimes pools play ping-pong with each other on the same algo, which results in more miner downtime. I can mitigate the problem a bit by setting a higher switching threshold %, but I find this still happens fairly often.

Are you talking about switching pools/coins on the same algo that happens on Yiimp pools like Zerg, zpool, ahash...etc?

if so, there's nothing you can do, Yiimp choses the coin to mine and converts the coin to coins specified in your password parameter c=XXX

Mining on multiport means giving away your freedom of choice, yes, the mc=XXX on zergpool doesn't work (least a month ago when I used it), that's how Yiimp works. Setting individual pools on multiport Yiimps also don't work, the Online Services reported metrics overrides your custom coin stats even if you have disabled it.

For example, instead of using online services, you have GoByte setup on zPool, you set the parameter c=GBX and thought everything was okay, you did the same for INN, now, their profitability gets override by zPool's Profit (current, 24h estimate, 24 actual) and regardless what your coins tab is reporting correct figure say, GoByte @ $1.5 a day, INN at $1.0 a day, your details tab tells you both @ $1.5 a day, which is derived from zPool's figure and not Coins Tab figure...

While I love to see more pools added as predefined pools, this issue remains my biggest problem, and a problem for all coin collectors, it's perfect for ppl who just want to set and forget and let pool do all the auto exchange. But not if you want to HODL and unload as you see fit yourself. So in the end, you need to just find pools with individual ports to avoid situation such as the above from happening, and there are compromises you have to make, due to less (noob) miners, hashrates are lower and blocks takes longer (if not forever if you really chose a ghost pool) to find, that takes a good hit on profit.

I'd strongly advocate against adding more pools to predefined Online Services unless we users have a choice on which metric (Coins Individual, or Yiimp-Pool reported) takes precedence over each other when determining profit (to me, it's a clear bug, since how can you have different coins such as GBX and INN, DSR, NYX, TZC, VIVO...etc. all having the same exact profit? you can't! Resulting in 2 miners mining this, 3 miners running another...etc. It's quite a sight to see, but a truely miners gone nuts when you looked at the AM window when such thing happens) . Or just skip Yiimp pools altogether as they are added to AM by default. Luckily, only those Yiimp pools with autoexchange are added to AM and not the ones that have disabled it (please don't add those, I'll be forced to migrate like a nomad).

sorry about the rant, but I deem totally relevant and just telling you my experience that if your problem is how I understands it, hope it saves you time not to fiddle around with these multiport auto-exchange yiimps cause it would at current stage, be wasted effort.

Thanks - that's sort of what I'm talking about.  I actually don't mind using auto-exchange to BTC, but it's really not even perfect for that because there's still down time and ramp-up time with the miner.  For example, I watched earlier today where I was mining X17 on ahash, then it switched to X17 Zerg, then back to X17 on ahash all within 5 min. 

It would be really nice if there was a checkbox in the Profit Switching tab that said something like "Don't switch pools on same algorithm".  Doesn't seem to me like it would be that difficult to implement.
moppidoo

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:51:00 AM

Zpool yes
Ahaspool yes
Hash Refinery NOT
ZergPool NOT

**Just a hobby Miner**

20XRX 580 2 Rigs
16X1070 2 Rigs
8X1070ti
8X1080ti
8X1080
8XVEGA 56

I just Checked the Adjust today i am on switch 10m/5%.  Im looking to keep it as simple and as possible even if its a little more to congfig initially.  What I have going on now seems like a shit show thats impossible to really track.  Gonna start by disabling a few.  

If I have your equipments and wish for simplicity, I would do the following:
Use 24h Actual, check Adjust, Use NiceHash (especially for your VEGA rig), there are almost no cryptonight autoexchange pools, so unless you want to get messy in the current foreseeable fork mania on the CN coins then check out https://cryptoknight.cc/ (I'm not endorsing them, in fact haven't used them but planning to include when I gets the chance, they seem pretty active tracking the
CN coins situation), else, MPH only does XMR which doesn't leave much room for optimization, but stable enough income should be generated from the VEGAs. Again, MPH and NiceHash for Ethash if you don't want to go through the hassle of getting messy with the different coins out there (and no AutoExchange)

you'll not have much problems reaching payout on any of the other predefined pools, so depends on how much you like each and everyone of them...zpool at least offer Equihash pool, I had issues with MPH (along with some other users) on Equihash that they sometimes block a few of my machines from their equihash pools ending up with wasted mining effort, some misconfigured connection/DDoS protection maybe.
moppidoo

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:03:26 AM

Thanks - that's sort of what I'm talking about.  I actually don't mind using auto-exchange to BTC, but it's really not even perfect for that because there's still down time and ramp-up time with the miner.  For example, I watched earlier today where I was mining X17 on ahash, then it switched to X17 Zerg, then back to X17 on ahash all within 5 min. 

It would be really nice if there was a checkbox in the Profit Switching tab that said something like "Don't switch pools on same algorithm".  Doesn't seem to me like it would be that difficult to implement.

Ahh, so you're meaning same algo but between different multipools. This is harder, but to mitigate the issue, make sure you use 24h actual for statistics. I personally found that both 24h Estimate and of course, Current, skews the profit/MH figure, and ended up with unnecessary switching.

Most Yiimp pools, depend on if they can normalize and if the normalization is applied optimally. they base the 24 Estimate on the recently found blocks, so if they got lucky and hit 2 blocks in a row in a relatively short time, that is usually enough to skew the reported profit to AM and cause you to switch. By the time you switched to them, you usually ended up on the unlucky round(s) as per Murphy's Law...and as a result, not earning as much as you would've expected according to what is being reported.

at least the 24h actual uses much longer period for averaging the reported profit and hence, less swing on the profit rate and less unnecessary switching.
DrHookMcracken

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:23:14 AM

Ahh, so you're meaning same algo but between different multipools. This is harder, but to mitigate the issue, make sure you use 24h actual for statistics. I personally found that both 24h Estimate and of course, Current, skews the profit/MH figure, and ended up with unnecessary switching.

Most Yiimp pools, depend on if they can normalize and if the normalization is applied optimally. they base the 24 Estimate on the recently found blocks, so if they got lucky and hit 2 blocks in a row in a relatively short time, that is usually enough to skew the reported profit to AM and cause you to switch. By the time you switched to them, you usually ended up on the unlucky round(s) as per Murphy's Law...and as a result, not earning as much as you would've expected according to what is being reported.

at least the 24h actual uses much longer period for averaging the reported profit and hence, less swing on the profit rate and less unnecessary switching.

Yeah the 24 hr actual will switch less, but I want to ride the difficulty dips.  Sometimes it works great if the pool finds a few blocks during those dips, and sometimes it doesn't if the dip is short-lived, but I've generally had good results if I keep my switching % threshold high enough.  Some other tools have interesting compromises:
- NemosMiner Plus uses a trust mechanism that combines the 24 hr actual with current estimates
- Crypto GUI Miner seems to store avg difficulties over different time thresholds (i.e. 1 hr, 3 hr, 6 hr, etc.), although their calculator has other problems

I would love it if AM could incorporate one of these ideas, or even just add that "Don't switch pools on same algorithm" checkbox Smiley
moppidoo

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:07:22 AM

Yeah the 24 hr actual will switch less, but I want to ride the difficulty dips.  Sometimes it works great if the pool finds a few blocks during those dips, and sometimes it doesn't if the dip is short-lived, but I've generally had good results if I keep my switching % threshold high enough.  Some other tools have interesting compromises:
- NemosMiner Plus uses a trust mechanism that combines the 24 hr actual with current estimates
- Crypto GUI Miner seems to store avg difficulties over different time thresholds (i.e. 1 hr, 3 hr, 6 hr, etc.), although their calculator has other problems

I would love it if AM could incorporate one of these ideas, or even just add that "Don't switch pools on same algorithm" checkbox Smiley

That's complicated lol, luckily, Patrike already is laying the foundation by collecting hourly profit data from the Yiimp pools, current form probably only eases out spikes, but surely it can be expanded based on the same dataset (not sure needed more regular collection interval though) and implement something similar to Nemos or the likes. Give it time, I'm sure Patrike can comeup with something surprisingly good (already, there's almost no doubt he's working on it! IMHO)

The difficult thing to achieve in your case is that you wants to ride the difficulty dips, but the profit reported by the pools have a majority factor based on already achieved luck + difficulty which gets oversimplified before it gets fed into AM as just a simple profit/hashpower figure. so agreed with you that a workaround like you suggested could possibly be in place until something awesome could be implemented
Dragstar

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:27:47 AM

Yeah the 24 hr actual will switch less, but I want to ride the difficulty dips.  Sometimes it works great if the pool finds a few blocks during those dips, and sometimes it doesn't if the dip is short-lived, but I've generally had good results if I keep my switching % threshold high enough.  Some other tools have interesting compromises:

That's complicated lol, luckily, Patrike already is laying the foundation by collecting hourly profit data from the Yiimp pools, current form probably only eases out spikes, but surely it can be expanded based on the same dataset (not sure needed more regular collection interval though) and implement something similar to Nemos or the likes. Give it time, I'm sure Patrike can comeup with something surprisingly good (already, there's almost no doubt he's working on it! IMHO)

The difficult thing to achieve in your case is that you wants to ride the difficulty dips, but the profit reported by the pools have a majority factor based on already achieved luck + difficulty which gets oversimplified before it gets fed into AM as just a simple profit/hashpower figure. so agreed with you that a workaround like you suggested could possibly be in place until something awesome could be implemented
i see you experiment many types.I have 15x1060 (2 of them are 3gb) and 9x1070 rigs, what will be your advise to me?Should i select 24 hour estimate ,uncheck adjust and switch 10m %5?
moppidoo

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:33:45 AM

i see you experiment many types.I have 15x1060 (2 of them are 3gb) and 9x1070 rigs, what will be your advise to me?Should i select 24 hour estimate ,uncheck adjust and switch 10m %5?

I guess it depends on what your mining habit/goal is and whether you are more into micro-managing/risk taking. If all is just for simplicity and just like NiceHash, where all your coins are converted to a few currency of your choice, then I believe the above setting would be a good starting point, using 24h Actual will provide perhaps most stable coin-flow of course, the statistics from the pool gets even more accurate especially the pool itself has found many blocks across the coins it supports (but whether that's good for decentralization, is another matter lol).

However, if you are a coin collector/speculative miner and you don't mind the initial setup process + a bit more of ongoing micromanagement, then definitely use Yiimp pools other than the ones in the predefined online services in conjunction with @soothaa's plugin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494.0) and setup your own pool groups for profit switching. I have detailed reason to stay away from pre-defined pools in posts in the previous page if you wish to go down this track, I do not know if that's going to be fixed or it is remain to be working as intended.

Just remember if you are the latter type, you need to make sure either you run nodes/wallets yourself or you are able to find exchanges that can accept direct mining to exchange wallet from pool. and a few points to look out, most importantly, if PPLNS/PPLNT pools, you need to check the pool's average block extraction time vs PPLNS/PPLNT window, if the window is > time to find block, no problems, you will get credited for most if not all the shares you submitted. Otherwise, you'd be better mining on pools with PROP, RBPPS type of payout scheme even if fees are 1 percent or 2 higher. Note, most Yiimp pools are PROP, Mining-Dutch is PROP (if you setup miner there, watch out for the port, use vardiff normal diff port, not the high diff port), cryptoknight.cc is PROP (but most of your GPU won't need to mine cryptonight coins for extended time as they yield less than AMD counterparts). Minerpool gives lots of ethash PoW coins and uses PPSW (dunno what that is, I assume a form of PPS), good to setup there since your cards won't mine ETH/ETC with much profit and the 2 3GB cards are troublesome too with current epoch > 170...even with Claymore's -eres workaround. However, other coins like UBIQ, PIRL, ELLA can still be profitable at times. Also minerpool have good hashrate so finding blocks is regular thing. I haven't found good PROP Equihash pool...so staying with AikaPool, they are PROP but hashrate is low on many coins (though much better than Pool.Sexy) so it could be a few days to find block on unpopular coins there, same goes for Equipool.1ds.us, which is also PROP.

Regardless what you use, just remember to use AM's rule to avoid getting caught by sudden spikes in profitability in all cases so minimal time are wasted mining temporary super profitable coins that aren't profitable at all.
somaton

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:33:42 PM

patrike: is it by design that appearance -> miner view -> list is not saved when miner is in Performance mode?
Dragstar

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:08:58 PM

I guess it depends on what your mining habit/goal is and whether you are more into micro-managing/risk taking. If all is just for simplicity and just like NiceHash, where all your coins are converted to a few currency of your choice, then I believe the above setting would be a good starting point, using 24h Actual will provide perhaps most stable coin-flow of course, the statistics from the pool gets even more accurate especially the pool itself has found many blocks across the coins it supports (but whether that's good for decentralization, is another matter lol).

However, if you are a coin collector/speculative miner and you don't mind the initial setup process + a bit more of ongoing micromanagement, then definitely use Yiimp pools other than the ones in the predefined online services in conjunction with @soothaa's plugin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494.0) and setup your own pool groups for profit switching. I have detailed reason to stay away from pre-defined pools in posts in the previous page if you wish to go down this track, I do not know if that's going to be fixed or it is remain to be working as intended.

Just remember if you are the latter type, you need to make sure either you run nodes/wallets yourself or you are able to find exchanges that can accept direct mining to exchange wallet from pool. and a few points to look out, most importantly, if PPLNS/PPLNT pools, you need to check the pool's average block extraction time vs PPLNS/PPLNT window, if the window is > time to find block, no problems, you will get credited for most if not all the shares you submitted. Otherwise, you'd be better mining on pools with PROP, RBPPS type of payout scheme even if fees are 1 percent or 2 higher. Note, most Yiimp pools are PROP, Mining-Dutch is PROP (if you setup miner there, watch out for the port, use vardiff normal diff port, not the high diff port), cryptoknight.cc is PROP (but most of your GPU won't need to mine cryptonight coins for extended time as they yield less than AMD counterparts). Minerpool gives lots of ethash PoW coins and uses PPSW (dunno what that is, I assume a form of PPS), good to setup there since your cards won't mine ETH/ETC with much profit and the 2 3GB cards are troublesome too with current epoch > 170...even with Claymore's -eres workaround. However, other coins like UBIQ, PIRL, ELLA can still be profitable at times. Also minerpool have good hashrate so finding blocks is regular thing. I haven't found good PROP Equihash pool...so staying with AikaPool, they are PROP but hashrate is low on many coins (though much better than Pool.Sexy) so it could be a few days to find block on unpopular coins there, same goes for Equipool.1ds.us, which is also PROP.

Regardless what you use, just remember to use AM's rule to avoid getting caught by sudden spikes in profitability in all cases so minimal time are wasted mining temporary super profitable coins that aren't profitable at all.

Well thanks for the long explanation i still dont know if its worth upgrading tonthe professional version
moppidoo

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:23:03 PM

Well thanks for the long explanation i still dont know if its worth upgrading tonthe professional version

If just for the API, right now may not be the good time. But you can get around this with Yiimp pools that offer dedicated stratum ports for each coin. By setting up user defined Online Services, this works great at pools such as BSOD.pw...that way it grabs profit data exactly same as how it does with zpool and the likes but only focuses on the one coin. This is also much simpler while you still can diversify your holdings from mining.

For example, I'm doing this with SHIELD (XSH) x17 sand blake2s on BSOD, since it's multi algo and the coins plugin by @soothaa don't work with it due to inability to identify individual algo's difficulty from block explorers.

You simply need to extend this method to coins that interests you, remember this only works when the coin has its own dedicated stratum port at the Yiimp pool.
O-Coin

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:18:47 PM

Zpool yes
Ahaspool yes
Hash Refinery NOT
ZergPool NOT

**Just a hobby Miner**

20XRX 580 2 Rigs
16X1070 2 Rigs
8X1070ti
8X1080ti
8X1080
8XVEGA 56

If I have your equipments and wish for simplicity, I would do the following:
Use 24h Actual, check Adjust, Use NiceHash (especially for your VEGA rig), there are almost no cryptonight autoexchange pools, so unless you want to get messy in the current foreseeable fork mania on the CN coins then check out https://cryptoknight.cc/ (I'm not endorsing them, in fact haven't used them but planning to include when I gets the chance, they seem pretty active tracking the
CN coins situation), else, MPH only does XMR which doesn't leave much room for optimization, but stable enough income should be generated from the VEGAs. Again, MPH and NiceHash for Ethash if you don't want to go through the hassle of getting messy with the different coins out there (and no AutoExchange)

you'll not have much problems reaching payout on any of the other predefined pools, so depends on how much you like each and everyone of them...zpool at least offer Equihash pool, I had issues with MPH (along with some other users) on Equihash that they sometimes block a few of my machines from their equihash pools ending up with wasted mining effort, some misconfigured connection/DDoS protection maybe.

@moppidoo  Would I add pools from https://cryptoknight.cc/ to online services? Or just add all the pools i want and create a group then add group in profit switching.   looks like i also have to add some coins since for instance SUMO not showing in AM.
rbrcpa
Copper Member

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:52:25 PM

Help!

I've been using Awesome Miner for months.  All of a sudden, after the latest update, I can't get cast xmr to start on any of my Vega rigs.

The window pops up briefly & disappears.  If it I run it manually, it works fine, but something is killing it in awesome miner.

is there any way to go back to the previous version to see if that fixes?  nothing else has changed.

Diagnostics mentions app may have incorrect config.
moppidoo

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:54:33 PM

@moppidoo  Would I add pools from https://cryptoknight.cc/ to online services? Or just add all the pools i want and create a group then add group in profit switching.   looks like i also have to add some coins since for instance SUMO not showing in AM.

Have to go with the latter, the Online Services for user defined are confined to what AM has in the list of supported pools, and custom ones are limited to Yiimp pools at least for now.

For sumo, somehow while listed in the main json on WTM, it doesn't seem to get parsed to the coins list, I guess just have to add this manually into AM via:
http://whattomine.com/coins/196.json

other less known coins you'll still have to use the coins plugin since there are no source of data that's compatible with AM for automatically update profitability.
moppidoo

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:58:17 PM

Help!

I've been using Awesome Miner for months.  All of a sudden, after the latest update, I can't get cast xmr to start on any of my Vega rigs.

The window pops up briefly & disappears.  If it I run it manually, it works fine, but something is killing it in awesome miner.

is there any way to go back to the previous version to see if that fixes?  nothing else has changed.

Diagnostics mentions app may have incorrect config.

can you paste the diagnostics please? AM v4.7.4 updated CastXMR to 0.9.5, and with all the CN variants messing around, likely some parameters were parsed incorrectly.
asmoranomar

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:32:17 AM

Just wanted to toss another request in, I asked a few days ago but it looks like it might have gotten buried.

Can an option in the 'detect pool' rule be added to only check the 'current pool' rather than 'all pools'?

Can we also get a detect (current) algorithm rule?

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: