Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701013 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 08:37:05 AM

Small bug fix, it seems as though the 'add to worker name' tick box is not inherited sometimes from templates. You have to manually go to the miner and change it. It'll even show up as ticked or unticked regardless of what it's actually doing.
In the Properties of a Managed Template, you will find a section called Template settings. On this page you can configure if the template should include "Add to worker name" or not when it's being used. Can you please check how this one is configured for the templates you use?

As you can have cases where you don't want the worker name part to change when applying a template, it's configurable per template if the "Add to worker name" checkbox and value of the miner should be modified or not.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 10:36:17 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2019, 11:02:49 AM by moppidoo

My managed profit miners are going "offline" now and then, this seem to happen when pools fail (seen it on nicehash and zpool so far, with bminer, gminer and z-enemy). Even that the miner is flagged as offline, it is still connected to awesome miner manager and I can just start it again. Is there a way to force the miner to not stop/go to the next pool/algo, or any ideas on how should I troubleshoot this?

On options->Profit switching I have this:
Ignore pools with no accepted shares in minutes: checked 6
Ignore minutes: 50
Ignore pools after too many failed miner restart attemps: checked

Thanks
Is the scenario that once you run into this problem, even after > 6 minutes, Awesome Miner has still not marked the pool as failed and moved on to the next pool? It just keeps running the same mining software that is unable to do its work - while it display "Interface offline"?

I usually can't remote to the computers very fast so when I remote to them they are just not doing anything, I can confirm the "Interface offline" only for Equihash 150.5+NiceHash+Gminer CUDA Equihash Miner (it happens more often, I'm not 100% sure about the others).

Edit: If I go to right click->view details (even after a few hours) I have several timestamps (as if the mining didn't stop) and when I click the timestamp after the error (i.e. 12 minutes after the error), it shows the message that some pool is being ignored and the button to reset. If I click a more recent timestamp there isn't any ignored pool message.
Thanks for the update.

The fact that you do see the "Failed" for some pool in the View Details dialog indicates that Awesome Miner did detect this pool failure. The profit switcher will then not use this pool for a while, but the profit switching decision might be made a number of minutes later, depending on how often the profit switcher is configured to run.

Right now you have an ignore time of only 50 minutes, so Awesome Miner will start using the pool a while later and this is why you no longer see the "Failed" indicator. If the pool fails again a little later, Awesome Miner will again mark it as failed and ignore it.

The idea is that Awesome Miner shouldn't be stuck on a failed pool for many hours or days, but a number of minutes of mining will always be lost before Awesome Miner will consider it to be a failure. For this reason it can be good to ignore the pool for a longer period of time after a failure.

If the specific combination for Eq150,5 + Nicehash + Gminer causes these issues frequently, it could be time to consider if this combination should be removed from the profit switcher.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the miners stop working until I manually start them, the other day I went to sleep and it failed after 1-2 hours, I received the offline email but it didn't wake me up(that's ok). Another day the same thing happened, I didn't see/check my email until noon, miners were idle for around 11 hours until I started them.
I just wanted to know if there was a way to troubleshoot this because it started happening with more than 1 algo/pool/software. It doesn't happen that often but I'd rather it kept mining by itself.
When you find the miners in this start, they are showing as "Interface offline" as you pointed out earlier? Not "Service Offline"? And when you look at the miner console window, the mining software is running but do nothing because of pool connection failure?

The Offline e-mail you received, was it from the Offline Detection rule?

Sorry for asking all these questions, I'm just trying to get as detailed understanding as possible of the scenario.
I remember the message being "Interface offline" but now I'm not so sure because I found a screenshot with the miners just saying "Stopped" in red.
I rarely use the console window, I just vnc to the miner and see there isn't any console/mining software running, so I start the miner again.
Yes, the email is from the offline detection rules.

I understand the info I'm giving is probably not good enough, I'll be sure to document it better the next time this happens.
Thanks

Hi danielocdh,

sorry for not reading through all the messages in detail (i'm easily distracted), but if your miner tend to became stopped, you could try setup a rule to start the miners automatically.

I had something that simply starts the miners with the following trigger for example:

Code:
Profile Profit(configured for miner) Greater than or equals 0.05 Dollar per day (Trigger if true for 30s)

Actions:
Code:
Start Miner

Sometimes miner programs such as BMiner, GMiner if not explicitly configured, will only retry to restart so many times (edit: the amount of restart depends on your settings in Options -> Mining Settings -> Restart attempts on process crash) before it stopped trying in case of failure to initialize hardware or establish mining with pool. After so many tries, it'll just stop and with no auto start rules after a stop is in place, AM simply takes that stop action as final and won't start your miner anymore in automatic fashion.

Just a thought if this might be a workaround for your case.

PS. if this indeed helps, just keep in mind, that sometimes when the above scenario happens and AM auto restarts your miners, you could end up with multiple instances (usually 2) of mining software running (yes, even with explicit command to turn miner watchdogs off) and API port conflict will occur, when this occurs, you'll get the Green "Interface Offline" situation and need to manually terminate the mining processes. This happens alot with BMiner, GMiner and CryptoDredge in my experience.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 10:55:13 AM

Awesome Miner version 6.2.3

GPU mining
  - Native overclocking: Improved detection of AMD cards
  - Benchmark can run with a specific pool
  - Added algorithm CryptoNightV4, to prepare for Monero fork
 Rules
  - Each rule can be configurd with a limit on how often the actions can be triggered, to make it easier to prevent too frequent executions of the actions if the trigger conditions are true for a longer period of time
  - Minor user interface updates to the Edit Rule dialog
 User interface
  - Added additional coin images
  - Save the horizontal splitter position on the Balance tab when closing the application
 Mining software
  - CastXMR 1.8.0
  - XMRig 2.13
 Corrections
  - Corrected ASIC device count for Hyperbit BWL21 ASIC miners
  - Modified calculation for Aeternity coin

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 03:22:40 PM

Hello Patrike, I usually suggest new features, today I have a complaint.

The benchmark section has been losing its functions over the months. There are very few Al-Gos that I can benchmark directly. This forces me to create a test pool and select the auto-exchanges and do the manual miner mining test.

Suggestion. If I have all the Autoexchanges activated, but I have them as they do not automatically enter autoprofit unless I choose it. Because the benchmark is not able to use those algos from the auto exchanges? I mean nicehash, zpool, ahaspool, etc ... On Saturday I teach a 3 day course of Awesome miner and it will be tedious to explain to people that the benchmark system is almost useless and that they have to create a pool of test, activate the Auto exchanges and select only one Al-GO and try different miners.

I think the benchmark if it detects that I have activated the auto exchanges, should use those algos. I'm not going to lose money, but I think it would be the logical thing to do, because now the benchmark is almost completely useless, and it's giving me a lot of work to measure the new AL-GOS and find the best miner by hand. This needs to be improved soon, it's my personal opinion.

Thanks in advance.
I agree that that usability for the benchmark can be improved and I know other users had similar suggestion in the past.

What I've been planning for is to make it possible to select any pool from a list to be used for the benchmark. At least you would't have to go in and add it to the profit switcher all the time.

However, you still need a pool to do the benchmark for most mining software - it's only a few of them that supports offline benchmark without a pool.

I'm thinking of two or three selections that could be used to improve the benchmark dialog
1) Benchmark using pools available to the profit switcher (this is the only way you can benchmark today)
2) Benchmark using a specific pool (the user select a pool from a list, it doesn't need to be part of the profit switcher)
3) Maybe also: Benchmark by manually entering pool detils (the user need to enter pool URL, worker name, wallet and so on)

Can you please give your view on how you want to tell the benchmark dialog which pool to use? Would #2 above solve most of your scenarios?dialog?

Edit: The new version 6.2.3 allows you to select a specific pool to be used for benchmark

the solution for the banchmark seems very logical, I have to try it, but it is a good idea to choose a pool that we already have to be able to test that currency at the same time in different miners. Now it will be less tedious to make the measurements. Thanks Patrike

trucobit

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 03:33:10 PM

A suggestion. When choosing the preferred exchange in the currency, only the exchanges of which there is a price could appear in the list.

For example, if you have only 4 exchanges of a currency, when displaying the list that only the exchanges appear in bold where that currency has a price, and so it would be easier to change from one to another or know if it is only in one or several.

The function is very useful, but right now to know which exchange to use, I have to go to the ANN and investigate what the exchange is in the currency.

You take the data directly from CTM, I think it would not be difficult when you display the list, mark in bold or otherwise the exchanges where that currency is, it would make things much easier.

As always it is a suggestion to make the program more complete and easier to use.
TheDOdblG

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 05:25:01 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2019, 05:44:59 PM by TheDOdblG

The latest update messed some GPU monitoring with my Sapphire RX580's. The GPU Name / Clock / Fan / Performance in particular.  Also, the Progress for each individual card isn't working, but maybe that's just the nature of Phoenix Miner?  The hash rates are correct.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPiDbxYTSAiJMWJM6qft4aDUGMjjWz4tWNmcliE
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 06:08:33 PM

A suggestion. When choosing the preferred exchange in the currency, only the exchanges of which there is a price could appear in the list.

For example, if you have only 4 exchanges of a currency, when displaying the list that only the exchanges appear in bold where that currency has a price, and so it would be easier to change from one to another or know if it is only in one or several.

The function is very useful, but right now to know which exchange to use, I have to go to the ANN and investigate what the exchange is in the currency.

You take the data directly from CTM, I think it would not be difficult when you display the list, mark in bold or otherwise the exchanges where that currency is, it would make things much easier.

As always it is a suggestion to make the program more complete and easier to use.
Thanks for the suggustion - I understand your point.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 06:17:13 PM

The latest update messed some GPU monitoring with my Sapphire RX580's. The GPU Name / Clock / Fan / Performance in particular.  Also, the Progress for each individual card isn't working, but maybe that's just the nature of Phoenix Miner?  The hash rates are correct.

Thahnks for letting me know. Is "Map to system monitoring" enabled on the GPU tab? Are all GPU's listed in this dialog, but the order is changed from the previous version?

I was unable to access the screenshot link, so I wasn't able to get a full understanding of the issue.

Phoenix Miner doesn't report accepted/rejected shares per GPU, only a total value.

TheDOdblG

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 07:28:45 PM

Thahnks for letting me know. Is "Map to system monitoring" enabled on the GPU tab? Are all GPU's listed in this dialog, but the order is changed from the previous version?

Yes it's enabled, but when I click on "map to system monitoring" it just displays the first two GPU's out 6.  That's all it shows.  The previous version listed them all.

Here's another attempt at adding a screenshot (for whatever reason, I can't embed photos): https://pasteboard.co/I3rIYoR.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqja260rsemy8c9/Annotation%202019-03-01%20121303.png?dl=0
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 10:16:45 PM

Yes it's enabled, but when I click on "map to system monitoring" it just displays the first two GPU's out 6.  That's all it shows.  The previous version listed them all.

Here's another attempt at adding a screenshot (for whatever reason, I can't embed photos):
Thanks for the information.

There was a small change in v6.2.3 to not include AMD GPU's where the system report that the GPU no longer is present in the system - indicating it's a card that has been removed from the system but Windows still keeps an entry for it. It looks like it wasn't possible to detect that in a reliable way so I will revert this change.

I will also send you a PM in a short while.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 01:15:25 AM

Small bug fix, it seems as though the 'add to worker name' tick box is not inherited sometimes from templates. You have to manually go to the miner and change it. It'll even show up as ticked or unticked regardless of what it's actually doing.
In the Properties of a Managed Template, you will find a section called Template settings. On this page you can configure if the template should include "Add to worker name" or not when it's being used. Can you please check how this one is configured for the templates you use?

As you can have cases where you don't want the worker name part to change when applying a template, it's configurable per template if the "Add to worker name" checkbox and value of the miner should be modified or not.

Yup, this setting sometimes works and doesn't. The template wont apply consistently across all miners. Sometimes toggling the add worker in the template settings fixes it, other time you have to toggle that on the miner itself on and off and then the template works like normal.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2019, 10:12:09 AM

Yup, this setting sometimes works and doesn't. The template wont apply consistently across all miners. Sometimes toggling the add worker in the template settings fixes it, other time you have to toggle that on the miner itself on and off and then the template works like normal.
I'm trying to isolate the scenario. Have you noticed the same behavior for the other two properties in the Template settings of a Managed Template?

trucobit

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 03:08:28 PM

Here's another attempt at adding a screenshot (for whatever reason, I can't embed photos):

hello friend, it is very easy to add photos from Dropbos, you just have to remove the end after? included, and change the domain by dl.dropboxusercontent.com

With which your link to be seen in the forum would be
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nqja260rsemy8c9/Annotation%202019-03-01%20121303.png
That url will look perfectly, you just have to make those two changes, I'll stick it here so it looks.

TheDOdblG

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 10:55:22 PM

Thanks for the tip!
Burnie

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 08:47:22 AM

I agree that that usability for the benchmark can be improved and I know other users had similar suggestion in the past.

Speaking of benchmarking, I have a suggestion:

In the benchmarking window - would it be possible to select an algo/miner (and pool) and hit a button "Diagnostic".

I think this would make it easier to find problems, Often the profit switcher has changed to another algo
(or the pool is disabled for no accepted) and it could be a hassle to make sure the diagnostic will start with
the correct algo/miner.

BTW: Have you considered making benchmarks run in parallel? (on multi-gpu rigs)
Like running X16r with 3-4 different miners (exe) simultaneously to get more accurate speed comparison
- or just speeding up the benchmarking in total.
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 11:23:14 AM

Hi patrike,

any plans for reading CPU temp?

is it possible to add the actions button to the context menu, like the reboot and restart button.

lolminer 0.7 stable is out with lower devfee, can you update?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4724735.0
NBminer v20 is out. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5099379.0

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 11:03:09 PM
Merited by trucobit (1)

Speaking of benchmarking, I have a suggestion:

In the benchmarking window - would it be possible to select an algo/miner (and pool) and hit a button "Diagnostic".

I think this would make it easier to find problems, Often the profit switcher has changed to another algo
(or the pool is disabled for no accepted) and it could be a hassle to make sure the diagnostic will start with
the correct algo/miner.

BTW: Have you considered making benchmarks run in parallel? (on multi-gpu rigs)
Like running X16r with 3-4 different miners (exe) simultaneously to get more accurate speed comparison
- or just speeding up the benchmarking in total.

Good point about the Diagnostics for a specific algorithm - I agree that it would make sense to have. It's noted.

The idea of running in parallel is also interesting, but it would require Awesome Miner to understand which GPU's are identical in terms of memory and clock to make it fair.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 11:13:26 PM

Hi patrike,

any plans for reading CPU temp?

is it possible to add the actions button to the context menu, like the reboot and restart button.

lolminer 0.7 stable is out with lower devfee, can you update?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4724735.0
NBminer v20 is out. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5099379.0

Thanks for all feedback and suggestions!

Awesome Miner can only read CPU temperatures when running as Administrator. The temperatures are however currently only displayed on the System tab, not in in the Miners list, so I agree that there are room for improvements here. The same goes for CPU Power Usage - it's currently only displayed on the System tab but not part of the miner list and not in the profit calculations.

Adding the Actions button to the context menu should be possible.

lolMiner 0.7 had some compatibility issues with Nicehash for some algorithms that used to work fine with 0.6. For that reason I didn't include it yet. It's a balance between including the latest/greatest and not introducing new issues to those running a previous version.

NBMiner 20.0 is already included since a week ago.

Burnie

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:17:03 AM

The idea of running in parallel is also interesting, but it would require Awesome Miner to understand which GPU's are identical in terms of memory and clock to make it fair.

Fair point.
Maybe you could leave that up to the user.

Simplest solution: Run X parallel benchmarks on GPU 1 to X. (where you somehow select X)

More advanced: select specific GPUs to run the benchmark.
Maybe instead of having a "ComboBox" to select a single GPU (or all), make it more like a "CheckBoxComboBox" to allow multiple selections.
This could also allow the user to run "normal" benchmarks on several specific GPUs.

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 08:07:38 AM

Awesome Miner can only read CPU temperatures when running as Administrator. The temperatures are however currently only displayed on the System tab, not in in the Miners list, so I agree that there are room for improvements here. The same goes for CPU Power Usage - it's currently only displayed on the System tab but not part of the miner list and not in the profit calculations.

I have checked it on a rig, on this rig is awesomeminer running as an admin and yes i see the cpu temperature in the system tab. Thanks this helps a little bit, but i hope you can improve this in the future.

Adding the Actions button to the context menu should be possible.

I think it would be very useful.

lolMiner 0.7 had some compatibility issues with Nicehash for some algorithms that used to work fine with 0.6. For that reason I didn't include it yet. It's a balance between including the latest/greatest and not introducing new issues to those running a previous version.

Ok i understand and i update it manually, nicehash is no option for me and so not so interesting for me but others will use it.

NBMiner 20.0 is already included since a week ago.

My fault  Cheesy

Patrike can i add or delete a specifie tag to a specifie miner via api? I use the api to stop and start the miners for zilliqa mining. It works very good without any errors, but i want to add a tag for the moment of zilliqa mining and want to delete it when the main miner starts.

If needed i can make a description for other guys for mining Zilliqa with Aweseomeminer.
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: