Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:57:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701024 times)
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 02:09:20 PM

SRBMiner exit is graceful as in the miner exits after shutting down the miner threads.
Can u forward proper exit commands to TeamRedMiner as well, cause the miner is abruptly killed without allowing it to shutdown the miner threads.

Feature Request:
Miner fee -> most benchmarks and hashrates are before the miner fee is deducted, is there a way in which u can add the miner fee to the hashrate chart for accuracy.
Eg. miner A has 100mh @ 0% fee => 100mh, but miner B has 101 mh @ 5% fee => 95.95mh, Awesome miner selects B as the better miner cause miner fee is not taken into account.

In my profit profiles, i have manually adjusted the hashrate with different fee for each miner, would be nice to see awesome miner natively support this.

using the profit of the currency, if a pool charges 2% you change the 1, by 0.98 and you have already removed the commission.

I recommend that you measure all the pools and coins, because many times you send 100MHS but the Pool receives 92 MHS, and that has an impact on the profit.

The best way is to mine the currency against the pool for 3 or 4 hours. Take day currency estimates in AW, get the average, get the estimate of 4 hours, and then see how much the pool actually gave. With those two figures and a simple calculation, you can know what the EXACT profit is. You will be surprised to see that in many currencies the profit is 0.85 or less, some 0.60. If you do not make these measurements you go blind, believing in the numbers they give you.

By the way, I use NEthash, difficulty, reward, etc .. all dynamic data searched in the explorer, is the most accurate way to measure a currency / pool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 02:13:48 PM

Hello Patrike, I would like to remind you to see if you could make a dark theme for the desktop version of the program.

I'm very busy at night with the computer, I have the MAC with a dark theme, I have Chrome with an extension to see everything in the dark, but when I enter the remote machine and see AM I burn my eyes with so much white at 5 a.m. morning...

I know that this function is for WEB because it is easier, but I hope you have it in consideration to make a darker or gray option with less white.

ALREADY willing to remember. in Statistics that we see what was mined yesterday, in several days, etc ... I would like to know in 24 hours if a SOMETHING has been 50% of the time, to know how many changes it has made and the average time it is mining in each change.
This will help a lot to know which are annoying coins that enter a moment and fall fast.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 09:25:20 AM

SRBMiner exit is graceful as in the miner exits after shutting down the miner threads.
Can u forward proper exit commands to TeamRedMiner as well, cause the miner is abruptly killed without allowing it to shutdown the miner threads.

Feature Request:
Miner fee -> most benchmarks and hashrates are before the miner fee is deducted, is there a way in which u can add the miner fee to the hashrate chart for accuracy.
Eg. miner A has 100mh @ 0% fee => 100mh, but miner B has 101 mh @ 5% fee => 95.95mh, Awesome miner selects B as the better miner cause miner fee is not taken into account.

In my profit profiles, i have manually adjusted the hashrate with different fee for each miner, would be nice to see awesome miner natively support this.
Awesome Miner is sending the same close events to all mining software.

Are you running TeamRedMiner as Administrator? That's a scenario where it can be more difficult to get the mining software to terminate in a nice way. I will investigate that a bit more.

Is this miner fee you are referring to a dev fee for mining software/firmware or more of a hosting fee for your miners? I assume it's specific to the miner and not to the pool.
In the Profit Profile Properties, Power and cost section, you can configure additional costs per miner, but it's currently only a fixed fee or additional power usage - not a percentage.

Thanks for all feedback!

No, running the miner without admin privilages.

Yes, im referring to the dev fee for using the miner.
eg, SRBMiner and TeamRedMiner have many common algos, but the dev fee for SRB is 0.85%, for TRM is 2.5% huge selection difference.
Saving the TRM hashrate as 100kh/s for an algo makes less logic, when the actual is 97.5kh/s.

When I stop TeamRedMiner via Awesome Miner, the console window of TeamRedMiner says "Shutting down..." and then it will exit right away. Don't you get any console message at all?

Awesome Miner do have a behavior to kill the mining process if it didn't resond to the first request to shutdown. Maybe you can increase the time Awesome Miner will wait to see if TeamRedMiner just needed a bit more time to close down in a nice manner? Increase the value of: Options -> Mining Settings -> Wait for process before terminating.

Thanks for describing the case about dev fee as well. Awesome Miner doesn't have any feature today to do this on a mining software basis. Some mining software also have different dev fee depending on algorithm.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 09:31:44 AM

Hello Patrike, I would like to remind you to see if you could make a dark theme for the desktop version of the program.

I'm very busy at night with the computer, I have the MAC with a dark theme, I have Chrome with an extension to see everything in the dark, but when I enter the remote machine and see AM I burn my eyes with so much white at 5 a.m. morning...

I know that this function is for WEB because it is easier, but I hope you have it in consideration to make a darker or gray option with less white.

ALREADY willing to remember. in Statistics that we see what was mined yesterday, in several days, etc ... I would like to know in 24 hours if a SOMETHING has been 50% of the time, to know how many changes it has made and the average time it is mining in each change.
This will help a lot to know which are annoying coins that enter a moment and fall fast.
I fully understand your point about a dark theme for the Windows app as well. I've received a few requests about this so it has not been forgotten and the plan is to make it happen in a not too distant future. It will first of all be the Miners tab, Coins tab and so on that will get a darker theme - not every single dialog you can find in the application.

I also have a number of notes about improved statistics as well, including the points you bring up. Thanks for all feedback!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
geck

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 10:56:41 AM

Hi Patrike,

Is there a way to give more details for "dead device detection" for gpu mining rigs? I'd like to know which gpu died. Thanks.
GoRdiE

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 12:34:12 PM

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/releases/tag/v3.9.1

Fixed AVX2 version of anime algo.

Added sonoa algo.

Added "-DRYZEN_" compile option for Ryzen to override 4-way hashing when algo
contains sha256 and use SHA instead
GKumaran

Activity: 204

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 02:28:42 PM

When I stop TeamRedMiner via Awesome Miner, the console window of TeamRedMiner says "Shutting down..." and then it will exit right away. Don't you get any console message at all?

Awesome Miner do have a behavior to kill the mining process if it didn't resond to the first request to shutdown. Maybe you can increase the time Awesome Miner will wait to see if TeamRedMiner just needed a bit more time to close down in a nice manner? Increase the value of: Options -> Mining Settings -> Wait for process before terminating.

Thanks for describing the case about dev fee as well. Awesome Miner doesn't have any feature today to do this on a mining software basis. Some mining software also have different dev fee depending on algorithm.

Yeah in my case, awesome miner does an insta-kill, i tried the timeout but no avail.
I tried closing TRM with a ctrl+c, works normally, the thread shudown and miner closes
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 04:44:48 PM

Hi Patrike,

Is there a way to give more details for "dead device detection" for gpu mining rigs? I'd like to know which gpu died. Thanks.
Hi,
The dead device detection feature is mainly supported by ASIC miners and only a few GPU mining software can actually report to Awesome Miner if there is a GPU issue. So it's unfortunately not possible for Awesome Miner to automatically figure out which GPU that caused the problem.

For GPU mining you can use triggers like "Device Count" to detect for example if the number of GPU's goes from 6 to 5 all of a sudden.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 04:45:12 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2019, 05:40:09 PM by patrike

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/releases/tag/v3.9.1

Fixed AVX2 version of anime algo.

Added sonoa algo.

Added "-DRYZEN_" compile option for Ryzen to override 4-way hashing when algo
contains sha256 and use SHA instead
I will soon make a new release where I will include the latest CpuMiner-Opt as well. Thanks!

Update: I noticed v3.9.1.1 was just released as well

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 04:49:02 PM

Yeah in my case, awesome miner does an insta-kill, i tried the timeout but no avail.
I tried closing TRM with a ctrl+c, works normally, the thread shudown and miner closes
I'm not able to reproduce the problem - although I do see that TeamRedMiner terminate very fast, it says "Shutting down" for a very show moment before doing so. Not easy to see that message because the process is so fast.

The fact that TeamRedMiner terminates very fast in your case as welll indicates that it did respond to the friendly Window close message from Awesome Miner. If it didn't respond, the close process would have taken about 5 seconds (configurable) before Awesome Miner took the next action where the process is killed.

To compare with SrbMiner, it says "Releasing GPU resources", but it takes 2 seconds so it's easier to see that message.

Awesome Miner is first sending a friendly request to close the mining window to the mining software - and this is the same for all mining software. You can try the same behavior by closing the mining software with the X-button in the  mining window. When you click X to close the window, it should be the same concept as when Awesome Miner requests to close the mining window. When I try this with TeamRedMiner and SrbMiner, I do get the exact same behavior as when Awesome Miner do it. Could you compare with this as well?

Binary100100

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:45:05 PM

Thanks for the frequent updates. I'm sure that it is a lot of work and I hope that you're open to ideas for improvement.

I had idea that I had is very unlikely that you will (or even can) implement but I don't see why it would be impossible.

Is there any way that you can configure a tool that will "auto-tune" OC settings based on efficiency or hashpower or balanced between the two?
I've spent the last two days trying to fine tune my OC settings for my RX 570 cards running the latest Claymore and rxboost enabled. I found that I pretty much have to start over because the OC settings that worked for PhoenixMiner doesn't work well with Claymore. It would run for about half an hour and then reboot which needless to say is frustrating. Currently I have about 30 different test profiles and as I'm halfway down the list I'm only finding four to be capable of running for more than an hour.
If only there was a way that I could select if I want my rig to run for most optimal settings based on benchmarks. Basically, if it crashes then the benchmark automatically would lower the OC setting applied by a preset integral then try again. This would continue until a stable OC setting is found then prompt the user to save it as a new profile.

I know that it's a lot to ask to an already jam packed program but it would make some users lives a tad bit easier.

Thanks.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 06:45:30 PM

Awesome Miner version 6.5.1

User interface
  - GPU Clocking Profiles can be applied via the context menu in the miner list
  - Display number of selected miners in the Miners tab
  - Display number of selected miners and number of successful and failed operations in the Antminer Control dialog (for operations like Configure API Access and Default Pools)
 Mining software
  - Added NbMiner support on Linux
  - CpuMiner-Opt 3.9.1.1
 Corrections
  - Corrected hashrate unit displayed in the Mining History dialog

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 06:59:45 PM

Thanks for the frequent updates. I'm sure that it is a lot of work and I hope that you're open to ideas for improvement.

I had idea that I had is very unlikely that you will (or even can) implement but I don't see why it would be impossible.

Is there any way that you can configure a tool that will "auto-tune" OC settings based on efficiency or hashpower or balanced between the two?
I've spent the last two days trying to fine tune my OC settings for my RX 570 cards running the latest Claymore and rxboost enabled. I found that I pretty much have to start over because the OC settings that worked for PhoenixMiner doesn't work well with Claymore. It would run for about half an hour and then reboot which needless to say is frustrating. Currently I have about 30 different test profiles and as I'm halfway down the list I'm only finding four to be capable of running for more than an hour.
If only there was a way that I could select if I want my rig to run for most optimal settings based on benchmarks. Basically, if it crashes then the benchmark automatically would lower the OC setting applied by a preset integral then try again. This would continue until a stable OC setting is found then prompt the user to save it as a new profile.

I know that it's a lot to ask to an already jam packed program but it would make some users lives a tad bit easier.

Thanks.
Thanks for the feature suggestion. It's always appreciated with these kind of requests and I do take note of all requests here.

You are correct that this request may not be a quick feature to implement, but it's still interesting. I had a similar request from another user in the past as well. As Awesome Miner can do both clocking and measure power usage, it would be possible to implement a feature that balance the overclocking and power usage to get optimized settings.

The complexity is to handle and recover from crashes if the overclocking is too high, where the computer might have to reboot and the benchmark should continue and adjust the clocking in a smart way.

This feature will probably not be implemented in the near future, but I do like the concept and it's for sure a candidate for future improvements.

Anamorphic

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 08:23:37 PM

Hey Patrike,
Is there a way to set the Global Electricity Price (per kWh) via HTTP API?
Thank you!
https://imgur.com/s27p4vJ
Binary100100

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 10:43:28 PM

Thanks.
Thanks for the feature suggestion. It's always appreciated with these kind of requests and I do take note of all requests here.

You are correct that this request may not be a quick feature to implement, but it's still interesting. I had a similar request from another user in the past as well. As Awesome Miner can do both clocking and measure power usage, it would be possible to implement a feature that balance the overclocking and power usage to get optimized settings.

The complexity is to handle and recover from crashes if the overclocking is too high, where the computer might have to reboot and the benchmark should continue and adjust the clocking in a smart way.

This feature will probably not be implemented in the near future, but I do like the concept and it's for sure a candidate for future improvements.

I'm glad that you're open to it. I do know that it would be a lot of work but it would definitely find a practical use in your already feature packed program. I actually had the idea from oberclocking my i7 CPU with my Asus motherboard. With a simple click it automatically set me at +19% clock speeds. It basically ran through stress tests while slowly oberclocking until it crashed. Upon reboot it simply restored the last good clock setting. So I was basically hoping the same might be possible for GPU cards based on an algorithm as a stress test.
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 07:16:37 AM

Great update, I was wondering can you add feature to send keystrokes on console window on GPU miners?

(for example a Z command in claymor to initiate automatic drci)

This can come handy when doing diagnostics on rigs without a need to leave AM
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 08:58:59 AM

Think there is a bug on tool "default pools via web"

When ever i apply a new default pool on reboot of S9 it activates ELPM
The most recent development versions of Awesome Miner has some internal changes to how the default pools are set on the Antminer via the web interface. It should also be a bit better at avoiding these kind of side effects. Can you please try if version 6.4.4 works better?

Got the latest version, still the same issue

Also it looks like its filling pool 3 config file with some part of command

I guess there is no chance to implement for the latest s9 firmware change pool option in AM?
joseph32

Activity: 413
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 06:53:36 PM

Hey Patrik,

I think I already asked this sometime before, but couldnt show a picture and details because this happens very rare.

- One or more cards are crashed. The mining window is still open, but isnt mining anymore.
- In AM it still shows "mining", but without any informations. AM will not restart that miner.
- The "GPU" tab is empty, also the "Pools" tab.

Is it possible to setup a rule to catch this? Or maybe AM can handle this automatically? I already tried some rules, but none works. Neither a single rule, or combined rules. For example:

- The trigger "Detect Miner State -> Mining" doesnt work.
- "Detect Device Count -> 0" doesnt work.
- "Power Usage -> 0" doesnt work.

I think because there is no miner API established because of the crash, even if the mining window is still open?

s3c70r

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:01:17 AM

Hi

It's currently only ASIC miners running the custom firmware AsicFW that can report power usage to Awesome Miner.

is there a way to see the total for each ASIC ?

I only see power for each board but no total for all three boards.

Thank you
cryptotamer01

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:05:09 AM

Thank you for adding SINOVATE X25X algorithm.

Keep up the good work, you are doing great Patrike.
Pages: « 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: