Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:39:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:28:26 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 12:26:32 PM by iantunc

- The actual chances of winning depends on the number of tickets. The more tickets, the less chances of winning so the less new HYP you'll get, which is how HYP controls inflation
When I first read the bolded I took it to mean the number of tickets a person has since that is the perspective of the other points.  Obviously this can't be correct and being that I am familiar with HYP I know this and was only confused for a short time.  May I suggest you clarify the point and say something like "The actual chances of winning depends on the total number of tickets everybody has.".
Yes, the last point should be slightly elaborated. Your personal daily chances of winning depend on the proportion of the total number of your tickets to the total number of all active tickets, i.e. blocks in all wallets that are actively staking. If you have a fixed number of tickets, and the total number of all active tickets rises, your chances decrease. If the total number of all active tickets remains fixed, but you have got more tickets, your chances go up (you'll get a bigger number of wins respectively). It's also important to emphasize that this lottery guarantees you a win (up to 1000 HYP) sooner or later, if you have an appropriate (for a given moment) block size.
I changed for this:
- Your actual chances of winning depends on the ratio of tickets you have compared to the total number of tickets everybody has. If you keep staking and bon't buy or sell, you "run for standing still", that is your chances are always the same. But if you stop staking or sell, you have less chance to get win, because the coin production continues whilst you have relatively less tickets. On the opposite side, if you buy, you increase your chance of winning, since you increase your ratio.
Better? Notice I removed the inflation control part, I did not know how to place it.

Yes, a detailed explanation in a newbie-readable form) Just few little corrections (in bold):

Your actual chances of winning depends on the ratio of tickets you have compared to the total number of tickets everybody has. If you keep staking and don't buy or sell, you "run for standing still", that is your chances are always the same (slowly increasing in time). But if you stop staking or start to sell more than recommended percent of your stakes, you have less and less chance to get win (that is how the inflation control works), because the coin production continues whilst you have relatively less tickets. On the opposite side, if you buy, you increase your chance of winning, since you increase your ratio.

I think this explanation is enough, because the inflation control is the next level of knowledge, and it either needs some separate attention or is already covered in our wiki.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LuckyAlt

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:04:53 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2014, 09:50:05 PM by LuckyAlt

HyperStake Dice with Investment option has been added. https://luckyalt.com/hyperstake

Here are the details on how the investment option works. If you need more info feel free to hop in our chat on site and ask away, their are always a couple mods online to help.

When you invest you are helping fulfill the bankroll of the site.
Based on the % of bankroll that you fulfill you will be paid on all site earnings.
Your cut of the site earning is 90%.
Which means you will split 90% of all earnings between all the investors and yourself.
The amount you receive out of that 90% is based on the % of bankroll that you are fulfilling.
The more you invest the higher your % of the bankroll that you fill.

You can see what % of the bankroll you are fulfilling on the 'Invest' tab.
It is displayed as 'You are supplying 20%' or whatever % you are supplying.

If you have nothing invested it will display as you are supplying 0%.

Although we have a 2% house edge, and in the long run will earn a profit of 2% of the wagered amount, in the short to medium term we can still lose money. In times when we are lucky, we win many bets and earn a larger-than-expected profit, and in unlucky times we earn less than expected, and can even lose out. This is especially so if someone comes in and makes a large number of massive bets; we can either gain a lot or lose a lot. If you believe that the potential gains do not outweigh the potential losses, please do not invest.

I also setup another block explorer that is a little cleaner. It is indexing right now so give it a good hour before the Rich List is live. http://blocks.luckyalt.com:3006
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 11:07:35 PM

HyperStake Dice with Investment option has been added. https://luckyalt.com/hyperstake

Here are the details on how the investment option works. If you need more info feel free to hop in our chat on site and ask away, their are always a couple mods online to help.

Based on the % of bankroll that you fulfill you will be paid on all site earnings.
Which means you will split 90% of all earnings between all the investors and yourself.
The amount you receive out of that 90% is based on the % of bankroll that you are fulfilling.

Although we have a 2% house edge, and in the long run will earn a profit of 2% of the wagered amount, in the short to medium term we can still lose money. In times when we are lucky, we win many bets and earn a larger-than-expected profit, and in unlucky times we earn less than expected, and can even lose out. This is especially so if someone comes in and makes a large number of massive bets; we can either gain a lot or lose a lot. If you believe that the potential gains do not outweigh the potential losses, please do not invest.

I also setup another block explorer that is a little cleaner. It is indexing right now so give it a good hour before the Rich List is live. http://blocks.luckyalt.com:3006

This is really cool!  Deposit got through quickly, and having block explorers is a cool addition. Good work and thanks for adding HYP Smiley

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
kingpin69

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:41:49 AM

nice work on adding HYP to the dice site. Been trying it out and invested 10k, sitting at profit = -14 just now, lets hope that gets to a plus soon lol.
YoungJesus

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:41:37 AM

How do i upgrade my wallet? I've got version 1.0.7.1 and i'm not sure how to install the new one
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:36:12 PM

How do i upgrade my wallet? I've got version 1.0.7.1 and i'm not sure how to install the new one

Download the new .exe from the OP, then simply start HyperStake with the new exe and everything should be ready to go.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
YoungJesus

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:12:29 AM

Download the new .exe from the OP, then simply start HyperStake with the new exe and everything should be ready to go.

Thanks Presstab, i didn't think it would be that easy to install.

In regards to new features etc how close to completing something new are you?
mtwelve
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 03:33:58 AM

Difficulty hitting double digits, new meta is 6k blocks?

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:40:39 AM

my staking has slowed alot.might see price rise slowly now Cheesy
i am currently using 6 to 7 k blocks.going to make 10 k blocks i think once they stake

rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:49:53 AM

i am currently using 6 to 7 k blocks.going to make 10 k blocks i think once they stake

That is something I don't understand,  if all of our staking is slowing down..
how is it that we still will be getting 750% ?

Somehow the math doesn't seem right,  difficulty seems to have not been factored in?

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:53:39 AM

Somehow the math doesn't seem right,  difficulty seems to have not been factored in?

Actually it has. I think the wiki addresses this, and we've discussed it in depth, height and breadth here and in IRC Cheesy The conclusion is that the inflation control works, but we ain't sure how it's gonna roll in the future. The max subsidy makes it so that eventually, you'll either be waiting a long time to stake smaller blocks or sacrifice some of the gained interest for speed.

That's the short form. The long form is still being discussed/debated/derided...
dennislevy

Activity: 300

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:07:46 AM

@Presstab now might be a good time to ask Richie to list us on Bittrex. Worst he can say is no.

Vegas

There is only on average 4-10BTC volume on Polo.  Hardly any on Cryptsy.  Nothing good will happen getting on another exchange it just thins the volume.  Spread the volume around too thin and the life goes away.

Got That Right! HYP starting moving down in value after it got listed on Cryptsy.

Peace!
Dennis

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:41:23 PM

@Presstab now might be a good time to ask Richie to list us on Bittrex. Worst he can say is no.

Vegas

There is only on average 4-10BTC volume on Polo.  Hardly any on Cryptsy.  Nothing good will happen getting on another exchange it just thins the volume.  Spread the volume around too thin and the life goes away.

Got That Right! HYP starting moving down in value after it got listed on Cryptsy.

Peace!
Dennis

If you want a coin to be doomed list it on Craptsy

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:03:52 PM

Actually it has. I think the wiki addresses this, and we've discussed it in depth, height and breadth here and in IRC Cheesy The conclusion is that the inflation control works, but we ain't sure how it's gonna roll in the future. The max subsidy makes it so that eventually, you'll either be waiting a long time to stake smaller blocks or sacrifice some of the gained interest for speed.

That's the short form. The long form is still being discussed/debated/derided...

Well numbers don't lie, and there are only so many days in a year. 
So I guess we'll see...

breakbeater

Activity: 444

Life is a bitch, get used to it...

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:59:00 PM

I said it some time ago....

F*ck NO, you don't want HYP on Bittrex or Craptsy !! Because those f*ckers are staking POS coins from user deposits !!
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:33:32 AM

F*ck NO, you don't want HYP on Bittrex or Craptsy !! Because those f*ckers are staking POS coins from user deposits !!

Life is a bitch, get used to it...   Wink
dennislevy

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:40:52 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 03:55:05 AM by dennislevy

That is something I don't understand,  if all of our staking is slowing down..

Somehow the math doesn't seem right,  difficulty seems to have not been factored in?

Well numbers don't lie, and there are only so many days in a year.  
So I guess we'll see...

Well, I am in the same camp as some of us. I had a couple of coin blocks more than a hundred days old, that still did not stake. One was a 100 coins and
the other was 400 coins. Still said I had estimated time of a 121 days to stake. I have most of my blocks in 2k blocks and they are taking 30 days to
stake. I messed around with coin control and I made different size blocks and the lowest days to staking was a 40k block in 10 days. I made some 1.5k blocks and they were 40 days to stake. 10k blocks were 20 days and 5k blocks were 25 days. So I do not see how I am actually getting 750%? I know it is only a guestimate as to the real percentage as there are variables involved. I have had 1.5k blocks hit the wall, due to staking in a 40 days period. So from my observations you have to decide on time vs. weight. So I have been trying the middle of the road between time and weight. My best guess is about 2k blocks in 30 days. Will have to see how it actually works out. Since smaller blocks take more time to increase in weight and still hit the wall. I have a few 750-800 blocks that have hit the wall already and still have not staked in 60 days. According to the coin controls new features. Will find out when they actually stake. Several POS coins are not delivering the stated percentage, though I already knew it was pretty much a guestimation due to variables in the equation.

Peace!
Dennis

dennislevy

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:50:21 AM

If you want a coin to be doomed list it on Craptsy!

Not really sure Cryptsy had anything to do with the price dropping. Though it did spread the volume out. I have seen at least 50 different coins
that got listed, shoot up in value as soon as they were listed. Then drop in value shortly there after, I suspect it has to due with everyone wanting
to get a piece of the action. And my observation is this happens at other exchanges as well. I usually wait for the hype to die down and if I see if I like it has some potential, then I buy some.

As to whether or not Bittrex or Cryptsy stake the POS coins, I do not know? If so you should put them in your wallet and stake them yourself!
Some exchanges take some of the coins for themselves as fees, not much difference to me. They have to make money to pay for the infrastructure, maintenance, help, and other overhead. Some I buy are strictly for trading aka non POS coins. I buy POS coins because the average
person can mine aka stake coins on their computer without having to buy mining equipment, which gets outdated quite quickly, sometimes in just a few months. Plus hope the mining pool they joined, don't take off with their coins they mined. I hear that happens alot! I have several POS coins.
Community, Mint, Zeit, Hobo Nickels, Bottle Caps, Truck, HyperStake and TEK. I bought into TEK at 25k, I could have dumped them when the price dropped. Instead, I bought more! Same thing I do when the others dip in price too. With TEK at 3.5-4k, now I can buy 5 coins at what I paid for 1.
I am not in this for the short term, I am in for the long run. Every time my coins stake, my cost average goes down. WORKS FOR ME! When HYP went up in October I sold 10k for between 8k-10k. Worked for me as I had bought them back in July for 375 satoshi. Paid for a lot of coins in my HYP wallet. Moral of the story do not put all of your coins in one wallet and have some patience! HyperStake has an excellent community! I think I will hang around for a while! I have been learning a lot about alt coins, wallets and POS staking.

Peace!
Dennis

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:59:48 PM

Well, I am in the same camp as some of us. I had a couple of coin blocks more than a hundred days old, that still did not stake. One was a 100 coins and
the other was 400 coins. Still said I had estimated time of a 121 days to stake. I have most of my blocks in 2k blocks and they are taking 30 days to
stake. I messed around with coin control and I made different size blocks and the lowest days to staking was a 40k block in 10 days. I made some 1.5k blocks and they were 40 days to stake. 10k blocks were 20 days and 5k blocks were 25 days. So I do not see how I am actually getting 750%? I know it is only a guestimate as to the real percentage as there are variables involved. I have had 1.5k blocks hit the wall, due to staking in a 40 days period. So from my observations you have to decide on time vs. weight. So I have been trying the middle of the road between time and weight. My best guess is about 2k blocks in 30 days. Will have to see how it actually works out. Since smaller blocks take more time to increase in weight and still hit the wall. I have a few 750-800 blocks that have hit the wall already and still have not staked in 60 days. According to the coin controls new features. Will find out when they actually stake. Several POS coins are not delivering the stated percentage, though I already knew it was pretty much a guestimation due to variables in the equation.

Peace!
Dennis

From the OP.............

Recommended Block Size - 1,000-4,000 HYP (see tutorial for splitting blocks)

BLOCKS LESS THAN 1000 HYP WILL TAKE MUCH LONGER TO STAKE BECAUSE OF HIGH DIFFICULTY
For small blocks, consider joining our staking pool, HyperPool

_______________________________________________________________________________ __

The smallest block that will max out at 1000 HYP at 30 days is 1623.  I see no reason to have blocks smaller than that.  Even with the recent increase in difficulty 2 of my smaller blocks of ~1700 staked in the last few days at ages of 15 and 17 days.  My oldest block was 3000 HYP and staked in 32 days after maxing at 1000 HYP in ~17 days.  Obviously there is variance and any one person's experience is not indicative of what to expect.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 07:44:04 PM

Recommended Block Size - 1,000-4,000 HYP (see tutorial for splitting blocks)

BLOCKS LESS THAN 1000 HYP WILL TAKE MUCH LONGER TO STAKE BECAUSE OF HIGH DIFFICULTY
For small blocks, consider joining our staking pool, HyperPool

_______________________________________________________________________________ __

The smallest block that will max out at 1000 HYP at 30 days is 1623.  I see no reason to have blocks smaller than that.  Even with the recent increase in difficulty 2 of my smaller blocks of ~1700 staked in the last few days at ages of 15 and 17 days.  My oldest block was 3000 HYP and staked in 32 days after maxing at 1000 HYP in ~17 days.  Obviously there is variance and any one person's experience is not indicative of what to expect.
https://bit.ly/hypsize
No reason to have less than 1600 - you can't hit the wall at this blocksize in 30 days. And after 30 days, you stop accumulating weight anyway so if you did not hit the wall at day 30, you never will.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: