Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:07:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 09:01:35 AM

hi guys
i read and found that hyperstake only pay 1000hyp max stake bounty so if i purchase a coin from someone and put it on stake but he has already got 1000hyp on that coin so will i get bounty again or not on that particular coin??
if i get bounty again than inflation is not controlled i think and if i am not getting bounty on my coin than i guess its not fair!!
hoping to hear from you soon!
You get max 1000 per cycle. When you move your coin to your wallet, you initiate a new cycle, so you'll get your bounty. Make sure to purchase at least 1600 HYP (you may stake after 35 days with a 1600 block or get lucky and stake after 10 days. The higher the amount of HYP in your block, the better https://bit.ly/hypsize

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:06:48 AM

hi guys
i read and found that hyperstake only pay 1000hyp max stake bounty so if i purchase a coin from someone and put it on stake but he has already got 1000hyp on that coin so will i get bounty again or not on that particular coin??
if i get bounty again than inflation is not controlled i think and if i am not getting bounty on my coin than i guess its not fair!!

You'll get up to 1000 HYP from your coins again and again. Inflation is controlled because there are thousands of people like you willing to get the reward, but only ~1000 winning chances per day, it's like a lottery where more lucky holders (with bigger block sizes) win. So this coin has steady emission of  700 000-900 000 HYP per day, just not to be unfair)

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:34:26 PM

Dear Presstab, do you have a hammer handy?  I have a block with an age of 28 days that maxed out at 1000 HYP 12 days ago.  I have no older blocks and 19 blocks that are younger and small have minted, most in ~half the time.  Thank you.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:56:54 PM

Dear Presstab, do you have a hammer handy?  I have a block with an age of 28 days that maxed out at 1000 HYP 12 days ago.  I have no older blocks and 19 blocks that are younger and small have minted, most in ~half the time.  Thank you.

With difficulty going up quickly, you are going to have to start rethinking how you size your blocks. Either size them larger so that the stake quicker at the expense of hitting the max, or size them smaller so that they don't hit the max at the expense of more time.

PS - my oldest is 78 days  Cheesy

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:19:49 PM

These difficulty charts that iDunk makes are awesome. https://mega.co.nz/#F!HEcnQCCb!AjoHFQebVHLTo9peEUXoAg

The 1,000 block time frame is really fun to look at.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:08:53 PM

Dear Presstab, do you have a hammer handy?  I have a block with an age of 28 days that maxed out at 1000 HYP 12 days ago.  I have no older blocks and 19 blocks that are younger and small have minted, most in ~half the time.  Thank you.

With difficulty going up quickly, you are going to have to start rethinking how you size your blocks. Either size them larger so that the stake quicker at the expense of hitting the max, or size them smaller so that they don't hit the max at the expense of more time.

How is that possible if max coin age is 30 days ?
Do you have a "special" wallet for yourself ?  Grin
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:54:17 PM

Double your Hyperstake with CryptoDouble in 100 Hours!

1. 100% Profit after 100 Hours
2. 200+ cryptocurrencies available
3. Automatic payouts
4. Dedicated Server
5. Strong DDoS Protection

And it begins... Lol
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:03:09 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 09:01:36 PM by billotronic

Double your Hyperstake with CryptoDouble in 100 Hours!

1. 100% Profit after 100 Hours
2. 200+ cryptocurrencies available
3. Automatic payouts
4. Dedicated Server
5. Strong DDoS Protection

http://cryptodouble.com

THIS IS A PONZI!!!

That being said, there is nothing wrong with gambling, just don't get pissed if you are the person without a chair when the music stops.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
nioc
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:06:39 PM

Blocks no longer gain weight after 30 days but they can still stake.

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:09:28 PM

Dear Presstab, do you have a hammer handy?  I have a block with an age of 28 days that maxed out at 1000 HYP 12 days ago.  I have no older blocks and 19 blocks that are younger and small have minted, most in ~half the time.  Thank you.

Blocks no longer gain weight after 30 days but they can still stake.

Then at that time it will be more valuable.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:09:35 PM

Deleted that post, no referral spam here please.

vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:23:47 PM

Deleted that post, no referral spam here please.

May still be something good to comment on in the OP... just as a warning...

With that said, I sent 3k HYP there... if it spits out 6k then I'll be pleasantly surprised... if it doesn't I didn't lose that much and can recover it very quickly.

This space not for rent...
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 06:54:34 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2014, 04:09:17 PM by David Latapie

hi guys

You'll get up to 1000 HYP from your coins again and again. Inflation is controlled because there are thousands of people like you willing to get the reward, but only ~1000 winning chances per day, it's like a lottery where more lucky holders (with bigger block sizes) win. So this coin has steady emission of  700 000-900 000 HYP per day, just not to be unfair)
I like the analogy, I think it will help newcomer understand better how HYP works (and thus, make the more interested into it and thus increase the visibility and hopefully the volume). So let me improve on your already nice writing:

See HYP staking as a lottery with 960 winning chances per day (one every 90 seconds). With this particular rules
- Each of your "tickets" (blocks) have one chance to win every 90 seconds
- If it wins, it cannot win again for 9 days
- If it wins, you get up to 1000 more HYP
- If it loses, it increases its chances to win the next time
- The more "expensive" the ticket (the bigger the block), the more chances to win
- Your actual chances of winning depends on the ratio of tickets you have compared to the total number of tickets everybody has. If you keep staking and bon't buy or sell, you "run for standing still", that is your chances are always the same. But if you stop staking or sell, you have less chance to get win, because the coin production continues whilst you have relatively less tickets. On the opposite side, if you buy, you increase your chance of winning, since you increase your ratio.

This presentation voluntarily avoids any details about chances of winning, and amount of HYP rewarded. If someone wants to know this, this person is already hooked. It also avoids any explanation on how it secures the network (this is here: Network security and why it matters).

Please mention any oversight;

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
nioc
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:54:40 PM

hi guys

I like the analogy, I think it will help newcomer understand better how HYP works (and thus, make the more interested into it and thus increase the visibility and hopefully the volume). So let me improve on your already nice writing:

See HYP staking as a lottery with 960 winning chances per day (one every 90 seconds). With this particular rules
- The more "expensive" the ticket (the bigger the block), the more chances to win
- The actual chances of winning depends on the number of tickets. The more tickets, the less chances of winning so the less new HYP you'll get, which is how HYP controls inflation

This presentation voluntarily avoids any details about chances of winning, and amount of HYP rewarded. If someone wants to know this, this person is already hooked. It also avoids any explanation on how it secures the network (this is here: Network security and why it matters).

When I first read the bolded I took it to mean the number of tickets a person has since that is the perspective of the other points.  Obviously this can't be correct and being that I am familiar with HYP I know this and was only confused for a short time.  May I suggest you clarify the point and say something like "The actual chances of winning depends on the total number of tickets everybody has.".
kawa900jc

Activity: 721
Merit: 500

StakeChain Community leader

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:24:31 PM

- The actual chances of winning depends on the number of tickets. The more tickets, the less chances of winning so the less new HYP you'll get, which is how HYP controls inflation

Nice metaphor of HyerStake a lottery ticket

rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:31:21 PM

Compiled Version 1.0.7.3 from git on Ubuntu trusty

When unlocking for staking,  the minting notification icon / animation shows up at the bottom but then disappears.

When I hover in the space where its supposed to be, it still tells me that its minting, shows my current weight etc..

So, I'm assuming it still is staking.. but the icon just disappears?

Also fyi, I didn't see this problem in 1.0.7.2
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:12:58 PM

hi guys

When I first read the bolded I took it to mean the number of tickets a person has since that is the perspective of the other points.  Obviously this can't be correct and being that I am familiar with HYP I know this and was only confused for a short time.  May I suggest you clarify the point and say something like "The actual chances of winning depends on the total number of tickets everybody has.".

Yes, the last point should be slightly elaborated. Your personal daily chances of winning depend on the proportion of the total number of your tickets to the total number of all active tickets, i.e. blocks in all wallets that are actively staking. If you have a fixed number of tickets, and the total number of all active tickets rises, your chances decrease. If the total number of all active tickets remains fixed, but you have got more tickets, your chances go up (you'll get a bigger number of wins respectively). It's also important to emphasize that this lottery guarantees you a win (up to 1000 HYP) sooner or later, if you have an appropriate (for a given moment) block size.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:04:10 AM

When unlocking for staking,  the minting notification icon / animation shows up at the bottom but then disappears.

When I hover in the space where its supposed to be, it still tells me that its minting, shows my current weight etc..

This is most likely due to the animated icons, which I don't believe are correctly ported over to QT 5+ yet.

rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:58:41 PM

This is most likely due to the animated icons, which I don't believe are correctly ported over to QT 5+ yet.

Thanks,  I figured it must be something like that
Everything else seems to be working fine

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 04:11:50 PM

When I first read the bolded I took it to mean the number of tickets a person has since that is the perspective of the other points.  Obviously this can't be correct and being that I am familiar with HYP I know this and was only confused for a short time.  May I suggest you clarify the point and say something like "The actual chances of winning depends on the total number of tickets everybody has.".
Yes, the last point should be slightly elaborated. Your personal daily chances of winning depend on the proportion of the total number of your tickets to the total number of all active tickets, i.e. blocks in all wallets that are actively staking. If you have a fixed number of tickets, and the total number of all active tickets rises, your chances decrease. If the total number of all active tickets remains fixed, but you have got more tickets, your chances go up (you'll get a bigger number of wins respectively). It's also important to emphasize that this lottery guarantees you a win (up to 1000 HYP) sooner or later, if you have an appropriate (for a given moment) block size.
I changed for this:
- Your actual chances of winning depends on the ratio of tickets you have compared to the total number of tickets everybody has. If you keep staking and bon't buy or sell, you "run for standing still", that is your chances are always the same. But if you stop staking or sell, you have less chance to get win, because the coin production continues whilst you have relatively less tickets. On the opposite side, if you buy, you increase your chance of winning, since you increase your ratio.
Better? Notice I removed the inflation control part, I did not know how to place it.

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: