Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:37:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eprocent

Activity: 826
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 12:16:25 AM

Happy holidays, HYPsters! Smiley

Happy Staking New Year to all Hypers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gribgo

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:46:32 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 02:15:36 AM by gribgo

Unfortunately 1xx will be the 'new normal' price for HYP, good for newcomers, not good for anyone who has accumulated up until now.
The ever-inflating coin supply has insured this will be the case. This was a creative idea that could not overcome economic reality. Sad

Remember, that High-Tek.. here I mean computer science etc. develops much faster then economists can follow there are things, that could be called impossible just 15 years?
What economic reality is - is a pretty good question! The Blockchain Technology makes Decentralized Internet possible and 10 years ago everyone would call me crazy!!!
There no economic laws about bitcoin.. so no one can say for sure - what this experiment will end up with?!
We understand - that reality accepts crypto coins and it looks like we are going to have millions of altcoins out there.. So the only coins, that have "something special" in them will stay and develop i.e. - survive.. And I can say, that proof-of-stake, that was known from Peercoin, but was not used the way Tekcoin and HYP use it - to virtually "mine" coins! Pretty good feature ..but who needs and what to do with all Phs of haspower maid by students? if you can mine coins without.. but miner industry goes on and running fast forward to the limits of tech process and Ghs\per watt.
NOW this - In terms like - medium of exchange, HYP or TEKcoin or any other high POS coin will do just like Bitcoin! if not better.. I mean that, for example - you can't do 51% attack on Proof of stake coin, unless you own 51% of all coins. And we have such coins already at the market.. HYP and TEKcoin and the experiment is far from over...
Economic reality is that, the High POS coin called PayCoin is now 4th by the market cap! And it is promoted by the private company //so in some way it got centralized// ..its good experiment too and I will take part in both - in company backed high POS coin and in Anarchy Open Crazy Decentralized coins like HYP and TEK.. Datacenters that sell legit hashpower online per Ghs are kind of centralizing Bitcoin network and here I think is some problem, but not sure Smiley

Also economic reality is - that if you have big supply you will be running down the price... BEFORE it will suit more and more users.. and you and I will start buying and if it will be at 1xx, then let it be this way - its fine! relax Smiley  Ofkoz, if you buy high, then its sad, but all you have to do is not to SELL lower then you get them! This Simple! Only BUY when you think that its the LOWEST LOW.. if not now - then lower! If you buy at the historic maximums, like if you bought BTC at 1214$ per coin and now Sad its low.. sad isnt it? Smiley

...so if the price decline is natural for high POS coins\assets.. then let it be! Just try to think what are other options and you will see - that the amount of coins you own matters at the end of all... just like in usual mining The difficulty rise - get less coins - need more hashpower! If you think, that price is too high for you to BUY and all you do for now is SELL, then watch it going down.. simple calculations suggest - that if you had enough coins - you would not care about the price that much.. can it go lower 1 sat? no! If minimal trading volume is present - it will stay listed at the exchanges.. then all is super great! Smiley

So if there are going to be the whole tonnes of different kinds of coins, then High POS coins (HYP, TEKcoin) have grabbed pretty good feature. And In my example - I choose from coins that I see have Active community and are listed at the markets.. And HYP and TEKcin do have this both.. what else do I need? Smiley
Do we need more high POS coins - I dont care! I found two that have trak and smart people around. This coins are different, but thats another story (c) cypress hill
peace

Debate / comments welcome
--
=I/O CONFLIKT=

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:22:49 AM

Hmmm this last decrease in price is actually great in my opinion.

1) I don't look at HYP as a source of income (I know others do, but for me I usually just keep compounding), considering this, decreasing price isn't really a blow to my wealth in that sense.

2) Difficulty is sooo high now that I have been staking way less than I used to.  I have been slowly buying up a few thousand here or there, but now I can purchase tens of thousands of HYP for pretty cheap.

3) newcomers will be able to accumulate for cheap as well, meaning that they can setup a pretty basic portfolio of HYP, size it correctly, and be sure to see some stakes roll in in a couple weeks.

Overall, I like it  Cool  Thanks for the coins for so cheap!

I've avoid HYP because I could see this price/inflation problem.  It now looks like some stake coins can maintain 50% interest rates without price gravity effects, more less even price models.  15% or less the prices continue to rise despite the inflation.  The sweet spot looks like 10-20% stakes pay, but the POW insta mine days (i hope are done) better to move to 6-12month POW phases.

All due respect the HYP crew has said this is an 'experiment' in hyper inflationary economics.  If the investor can grasp that idea then it looks like in the long run HYP is to produce a fairly good coin with a solid/smart community.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:40:59 PM

1) I don't look at HYP as a source of income (I know others do, but for me I usually just keep compounding), considering this, decreasing price isn't really a blow to my wealth in that sense.

2) Difficulty is sooo high now that I have been staking way less than I used to.  I have been slowly buying up a few thousand here or there, but now I can purchase tens of thousands of HYP for pretty cheap.

3) newcomers will be able to accumulate for cheap as well, meaning that they can setup a pretty basic portfolio of HYP, size it correctly, and be sure to see some stakes roll in in a couple weeks.

Overall, I like it  Cool  Thanks for the coins for so cheap!

4) You can re-use this post when we hit double digits!
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 11:57:35 PM

Difficulty does seem to be going down, as well as weight. Just will be staking, hoping my 1k rewards will rake in Smiley

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:03:17 AM

2) Difficulty is sooo high now that I have been staking way less than I used to.  I have been slowly buying up a few thousand here or there, but now I can purchase tens of thousands of HYP for pretty cheap.

Overall, I like it  Cool  Thanks for the coins for so cheap!

4) You can re-use this post when we hit double digits!

We will have more chances to hit them if you keep making such forecasts. Developers are working.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:15:00 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 02:01:36 AM by rocoro

The sweet spot looks like 10-20% stakes pay...

Are you talking 10-20% yearly?  

With current difficulty, I don't see this coin producing 750% per year (per individual)..  for smaller investors
seems more like 100 - 200% (based on amount you're individually holding, of course)  
- why do I say this?  Only so many days in a year and stakes are becoming few and far between.

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:39:03 AM

Yes diff hovering around 8 so slower stakes now.
rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:42:53 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 03:09:14 AM by rocoro

Just placing this here,  as it may be helpful in some way or something..

I agree. this is one problem with high interest PoS coins. demurrage would change the dynamics of the coin and make it more suitable for trading. If the supply is constantly change both ways (increasing/decreasing) then that will allow the value to change as well. If a currency only inflates, then historically the value can only go down.

Imagine if HYP had demurrage, it might have a chance to increase in value, instead of just being hammered lower in price. It will still take market timing and skill to make a profit, but demurrage might make for some interesting price moves.
iantunc

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:39:29 AM

I agree. this is one problem with high interest PoS coins. demurrage would change the dynamics of the coin and make it more suitable for trading. If the supply is constantly change both ways (increasing/decreasing) then that will allow the value to change as well. If a currency only inflates, then historically the value can only go down.

Imagine if HYP had demurrage, it might have a chance to increase in value, instead of just being hammered lower in price. It will still take market timing and skill to make a profit, but demurrage might make for some interesting price moves.

The whole idea of PoS (end especially high PoS) is based on long term holding. Such stimulation of turnover can undermine security (notice how the diff has dropped after a big New Year dump) and may lead to massive selloffs. Economic theory states that increased money velocity works like supply expansion. As to the inflation, there are very powerful economic movements, like Keynesian economics, that argue the Quantity theory of money, i.e. the dependance of prices on money supply.

iantunc

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:41:19 AM

HyperDeck is updated.

ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:05:35 AM

Price getting close to where a $1 gets you 20 hyp.... Might be time to buy in big Cheesy

1$ = 1700 HYP. New Year sale! Shocked

i added another 30k to my stake, while price is good.

Thanks HyperStake!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
gribgo

Activity: 298

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:46:49 AM

whoever think of HYPerstake "coin" as a "currency"  - I suggest allready does not follow the development of the crypto world.. What you can buy and where for HYPerstake coin - is just as rear as exchange carrots for potatos in the net! Smiley And monetary laws are not applyed correctly here!
This experiment shows that it acts more like an Asset, then store of value and as the way to transfer money //if you want to transfer 1 Million$ with HYP you are going to turn it to BTC first - then buy HYP and send it.. then another person will have to do the opposit to extract the uknown amount of $ at the end Smiley
So the most IMPOTRANT thing about HYP and all High POS "coins" is about STAKE RATE.. so damaging the amount through different ways is I think not smart!

rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:43:55 PM

The whole idea of PoS (end especially high PoS) is based on long term holding. Such stimulation of turnover can undermine security (notice how the diff has dropped after a big New Year dump) and may lead to massive selloffs. Economic theory states that increased money velocity works like supply expansion. As to the inflation, there are very powerful economic movements, like Keynesian economics, that argue the Quantity theory of money, i.e. the dependance of prices on money supply.

I agree, I think stimulation of turnover would not be a good thing.
Thanks for the further insight!

crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 04:23:31 PM

whoever think of HYPerstake "coin" as a "currency"  - I suggest allready does not follow the development of the crypto world.. What you can buy and where for HYPerstake coin - is just as rear as exchange carrots for potatos in the net! Smiley And monetary laws are not applyed correctly here!
This experiment shows that it acts more like an Asset, then store of value and as the way to transfer money //if you want to transfer 1 Million$ with HYP you are going to turn it to BTC first - then buy HYP and send it.. then another person will have to do the opposit to extract the uknown amount of $ at the end Smiley
So the most IMPOTRANT thing about HYP and all High POS "coins" is about STAKE RATE.. so damaging the amount through different ways is I think not smart!

HYP is not realy a liquid cash becouse you miss stake if you trade goods and services with the coin directly.
But high stake coin in a coinbasket can be very usefull.
In future may be a coinbasket wallet (someting like SuperNet) givers a coin like HYP or BALLS more value.
Then the HYP part is your reserve and can be transformed into cashcoin like BTC or Fiat.
Actualy I work on an idea like that with several coins where I own much coins from.
HYP can also be part of a (the) coinbasket.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 06:41:45 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 06:57:42 PM by David Latapie

It doesn't work that way.
You look at the price chart, you see it constantly falling, you move to next coin. You don't even look at the actual price or the technology (except maybe if your name is Namecoin).
Case study: Novacoin. Most newcomers will run away instantly, no matter your arguments:

The largest exchange by volume only has ~1% of total supply on the sell side. So I'd say a lot of the coins are staking and only a small percentage ~5% or less are on exchanges and available on the open market.
Which means a lot of people will dump as soon as a semblance of rise appears. Granted, given enough time, those dumps will become rarer and, since we will continue to develop the coin (backlog is pretty large), this will lead to something.
I'm starting to consider that the size of the interest only impacts how long it will take for the price to stabilize. Which would mean that the higher the interest rate, the longer it takes to make profit (barring the mandatory pump and dump), so the larger the distribution and the more patient a holder must be. All other thing being equal. So this 750% would have teach us something (which was the point).

All due respect the HYP crew has said this is an 'experiment' in hyper inflationary economics.  If the investor can grasp that idea then it looks like in the long run HYP is to produce a fairly good coin with a solid/smart community.
Defintiely, long run. The only thing that could be worrysome is a decrease of difficulty/number of coin staking, because it would mean more coins to sell every day.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:25:26 PM

HYP is not realy a liquid cash becouse you miss stake if you trade goods and services with the coin directly.
In future may be a coinbasket wallet (someting like SuperNet) givers a coin like HYP or BALLS more value.
Then the HYP part is your reserve and can be transformed into cashcoin like BTC or Fiat.
Actualy I work on an idea like that with several coins where I own much coins from.

Please, no High PoS basket. We need rid of most of these coins. The only one that approaches a semi reasonable market cap level is Novacoin (NVC), which honestly, is almost the only one I could see jumping back up in value in a crypto bull market. It had $30k volume today in this terrible bear market and is still roughly $500k in market cap. HBN is only other one close to $100k in market cap, but its volume is so poor at times (today it's $200, I've seen it below $20 in better markets) that I really can't see it jumping back up again.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:46:44 PM

Please, no High PoS basket. We need rid of most of these coins. The only one that approaches a semi reasonable market cap level is Novacoin (NVC), which honestly, is almost the only one I could see jumping back up in value in a crypto bull market. It had $30k volume today in this terrible bear market and is still roughly $500k in market cap. HBN is only other one close to $100k in market cap, but its volume is so poor at times (today it's $200, I've seen it below $20 in better markets) that I really can't see it jumping back up again.

You are forgetting HYPER. HYPER has over 50 BTC trading volume on Bittrex the last 3 days, 5% monthly PoS for the next 4.5 years, and a market cap of over $250 000 after peaking at market cap of over $450 000 yesterday (different and earlier than Hyperstake although I think Hyperstake is an interesting project too).
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 10:11:43 PM

Hyper promotion.
I just received two new posts notification. One on CrazySteak journal and one here
The first one was by psybit promoting Hyper
The second one was by... psybit promoting Hyper

Well...

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:15:16 PM

Hyper promotion.
I just received two new posts notification. One on CrazySteak journal and one here
The first one was by psybit promoting Hyper
The second one was by... psybit promoting Hyper

Well...

Well I'm happy with how HYPER is shaping up. Both posts were relevant to the discussions! I mentioned HYPER here as an example of a high PoS coin that has held it's value as the previous poster said there weren't any. I'm on your team I love PoS! I like Hyperstake too but I think of it more as an experiment as the PoS is very, very high.
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: