Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:53:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zeewolf

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

In dreamland; he awaits you.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 06:09:13 PM

I am guessing the the pi script still links to /presstab/hyperstake but the main repo is now /hyperstake/hyperstake. So you may be on an older version, which had more problems connecting to peers.

I'll update script soon to be using new repo and newest version. Stay tuned.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:22:45 PM

New HyperStake Wallet Beta Release

MultiSend RPC
Code:
WHAT IS MULTISEND?
MultiSend is a rebuild of what used to be called Stake For Charity (s4c)
MultiSend allows a user to automatically send a percent of their stake reward to as many addresses as you would like
The MultiSend transaction is sent when the staked coins mature (30 confirmations)
The only current restriction is that you cannot choose to send more than 100% of your stake using MultiSend
MULTISEND COMMANDS (usage: multisend <command>)
print - displays the current MultiSend vector
clear - deletes the current MultiSend vector
enable - activates the current MultiSend vector
disable - disables the current MultiSend vector
delete <Address #> - deletes an address from the MultiSend vector
TO CREATE OR ADD TO THE MULTISEND VECTOR:
multisend <HyperStake Address> <percent>
This will add a new address to the MultiSend vector
Percent is a whole number 1 to 100.

This is a beta release, so help me get out any bugs!! Right now MultiSend vector is saved to database so it will persist through power off. You will however need to enable it each time you start your wallet up - <multisend enable>

I will probably switch the code to leave it enabled through shutdown for the real release of the wallet.

Excellent work PressTab.  I look forward to playing this, and putting it through the wringers. I'll let you know if I find any bugs or suggestions.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:27:35 PM

MultiSend RPC
Code:
WHAT IS MULTISEND?
MultiSend allows a user to automatically send a percent of their stake reward to as many addresses as you would like
The MultiSend transaction is sent when the staked coins mature (30 confirmations)
The only current restriction is that you cannot choose to send more than 100% of your stake using MultiSend

This is a beta release, so help me get out any bugs!! Right now MultiSend vector is saved to database so it will persist through power off. You will however need to enable it each time you start your wallet up - <multisend enable>

I will probably switch the code to leave it enabled through shutdown for the real release of the wallet.

Excellent work PressTab.  I look forward to playing this, and putting it through the wringers. I'll let you know if I find any bugs or suggestions.

Thanks Tranz Smiley

First bug found... I did not properly include the lastSentHeight variable so that it won't send twice for a stake that splits... updating it now.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:33:34 PM

By the way, I am going to add a lot of addresses from the rich list and test sending to lots at once. So don't be alarmed if you get some Smiley

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:36:35 PM

MultiSend RPC
Code:
WHAT IS MULTISEND?

Excellent work PressTab.  I look forward to playing this, and putting it through the wringers. I'll let you know if I find any bugs or suggestions.

Thanks Tranz Smiley

First bug found... I did not properly include the lastSentHeight variable so that it won't send twice for a stake that splits... updating it now.

Just based on reading the code here are my quick thoughts.

You should let the users know they should disable their current S4C before starting up your version. As you do not load the "ats" type anymore and you may get a wallet warning on start up. Although you still saved the s4c types in wallet.h?

The other thing I see a possible improvement would be instead of looping through each address and sending them 1 at a time. You could create an array of addresses and use a sendmany type transaction. This would save a bit on fee for the user, and speed up the send transaction, especially if you are doing A LOT of them. Although it is a small improvement for a fair bit of work, so may not be worth it right now.

Other then that, looks great!

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:41:44 PM

Just based on reading the code here are my quick thoughts.

You should let the users know they should disable their current S4C before starting up your version. As you do not load the "ats" type anymore and you may get a wallet warning on start up. Although you still saved the s4c types in wallet.h?

The other thing I see a possible improvement would be instead of looping through each address and sending them 1 at a time. You could create an array of addresses and use a sendmany type transaction. This would save a bit on fee for the user. Although it is a small improvement for a fair bit of work, so may not be worth it right now.

Other then that, looks great!

S4C is pretty much removed (will also take it out of wallet.h). Its not on main.cpp so it never gets activated. Hmmm I will test out a wallet with ats on it and see if any errors come up. thanks for the suggestion

It actually does send them all as one transaction with multiple outputs.  Here is an example of a test MultiSend transaction I had yesterday http://hyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com/transaction?transaction=199a112071237f3cbbb0063397f296fee0f7a9c6163f4824e98511f6b3b8a7c3

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:44:57 PM

It actually does send them all as one transaction with multiple outputs.  Here is an example of a test MultiSend transaction I had yesterday http://hyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com/transaction?transaction=199a112071237f3cbbb0063397f296fee0f7a9c6163f4824e98511f6b3b8a7c3

Ahh excellent.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:02:11 PM

So currently on my to do MultiSend to do list:
- Make compatible with former S4C dialog
- Add a sexy table to dialog that lets users edit the vector on the fly
- add custom change address (right now it will return change to the address that staked)
- add enabled/disabled flag to database read/write ( I just tested using an old wallet with 'ats' written to it on the new version, and no errors)
- clean wallet.h

Edit - Tranz let me know if you want to divide and conquer on any of these  Grin

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:16:43 PM

So currently on my to do MultiSend to do list:
- Make compatible with former S4C dialog
- Add a sexy table to dialog that lets users edit the vector on the fly
- add custom change address (right now it will return change to the address that staked)
- add enabled/disabled flag to database read/write ( I just tested using an old wallet with 'ats' written to it on the new version, and no errors)
- clean wallet.h

Edit - Tranz let me know if you want to divide and conquer on any of these  Grin

I am way behind on commits for both HBN and CAPS. But if I can get caught up here soon, and get a chance to play with what you have here, sure I would love to help push this forward more.

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:18:08 PM

There has been some recent events that could affect the security of POS coins.
Their is a group of individuals forming that plan to intentionally attack POS coins.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=897493.0
And it looks like they have been successful in attacking Apexcoin with an attack.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/apex/

Don't know if it would be a concern for HyperStake, but post it so you would know what they are up too.

Cool
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:49:03 PM

There has been some recent events that could affect the security of POS coins.
Their is a group of individuals forming that plan to intentionally attack POS coins.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=897493.0
And it looks like they have been successful in attacking Apexcoin with an attack.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/apex/

Don't know if it would be a concern for HyperStake, but post it so you would know what they are up too.
 Cool

Will keep my eyes on this thread. And I am ready to fork if we need to for security.

At the moment I am not too worried. spots issued a challenge to take down MMXIV, which is a much less secure coin than HYP in terms of difficulty to stake. And the OP of the thread said it would be too expensive for him to purchase up the 5-6% of the coin he says he needs in order to reorg the chain. This is actually one of the security measures of PoS that isn't in the code per say... you will lose your own money if you attack the coin.

I also don't think the 5-6% of the coin required would be the same case for HYP.  HYP has way too many active stakers with high weight. Also add in the difficulty of actually acquiring that much HYP, and I think we are in a solid position if what he claims is true. And keep in mind the coin he attacked was an inactive coin with hardly anyone staking it.

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:56:44 PM

Will keep my eyes on this thread. And I am ready to fork if we need to for security.

At the moment I am not too worried. spots issued a challenge to take down MMXIV, which is a much less secure coin than HYP in terms of difficulty to stake. And the OP of the thread said it would be too expensive for him to purchase up the 5-6% of the coin he says he needs in order to reorg the chain. This is actually one of the security measures of PoS that isn't in the code per say... you will lose your own money if you attack the coin.

I also don't think the 5-6% of the coin required would be the same case for HYP.  HYP has way too many active stakers with high weight. Also add in the difficulty of actually acquiring that much HYP, and I think we are in a solid position if what he claims is true. And keep in mind the coin he attacked was an inactive coin with hardly anyone staking it.

Question: in your opinion, what percentage of coins should be staking to provide a good difficulty to secure a coin's network?

Thanks.
Kiklo
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:16:07 PM

Question: in your opinion, what percentage of coins should be staking to provide a good difficulty to secure a coin's network?

Thanks.
Kiklo

Its hard to say an exact number, and each coin is different... for example the APEX coin he attacked lets you accumulate unlimited stake weight, HYP only lets you build weight for 30 days per utxo.

So an example from my wallet:
Balance: 4.61m HYP
Total Supply: 89m
% of Supply: 5.1%
Weight: 43,167,600
Statistical Network Weight: 482,756,795 (impossible to actually know network weight, but stats can give us an estimate)
% of Weight: 8.94% (note that unlike other coins without high incentive to stake, my weight % isn't all that different than my % of supply)
Estimated Time to Stake a Block: 16-24 minutes

Summary: although I have the largest known balance of HYP, and almost certainly the largest weight, it would still statistically take me about 20 minutes to stake one block.  This guys requirement is that he needs to stake 6 times in a row and then he will have complete control of the chain, or something like that. This is statistically unlikely for my wallet because difficulty is huge on the HYP network.  HYP does not have the same tiny stake weight that other coins have.

HYP was created to be difficult to stake, and as time goes on it will grow even harder (inflationary supply ensures this). HYP itself should have a very safe buffer against this style of attack, and I would even say that HYP may in fact be one of the safest PoS coins out there.

For other coins... I am not sure. They don't have the same staking activity that HYP does.

4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:58:26 PM

What is the HYP Wallet rpc port number? is it still 18777??
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:02:44 PM

What is the HYP Wallet rpc port number? is it still 18777??

That should be it.

five8andten

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:51:11 PM

I don't know if it is just me thinking this but it appears that my wallet on my Pi is downloading the blockchain much better (less getting stuck on blocks) when I have the original theme selected.  It could just be a coincidence but it hasn't gotten stuck on a single block since I switched over to it two hours ago.  The hyperblue theme seems like it would get stuck every 45 minutes to an hour.

HYP - pURCi5HeWabYfF3WoCuAWRCWz5G1hxuhMz
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:00:36 AM

I don't know if it is just me thinking this but it appears that my wallet on my Pi is downloading the blockchain much better (less getting stuck on blocks) when I have the original theme selected.  It could just be a coincidence but it hasn't gotten stuck on a single block since I switched over to it two hours ago.  The hyperblue theme seems like it would get stuck every 45 minutes to an hour.

This is likely coincidence. Early blocks get stuck a lot, part of the carryover from Truckcoin.

To my knowledge, the themes have absolutely nothing to do with the code that handles the actual mechanics of the coin, but if they ARE interfering, it would be good to know, and to kill the bug.
five8andten

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:22:07 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 03:39:45 AM by five8andten

I don't know if it is just me thinking this but it appears that my wallet on my Pi is downloading the blockchain much better (less getting stuck on blocks) when I have the original theme selected.  It could just be a coincidence but it hasn't gotten stuck on a single block since I switched over to it two hours ago.  The hyperblue theme seems like it would get stuck every 45 minutes to an hour.

This is likely coincidence. Early blocks get stuck a lot, part of the carryover from Truckcoin.

To my knowledge, the themes have absolutely nothing to do with the code that handles the actual mechanics of the coin, but if they ARE interfering, it would be good to know, and to kill the bug.

I don't know.  It had been brutally slow until I switched.  When I started syncing the other day until my last post I was at only about 50%. after switching themes I have gone up 20% to 70% blockchain sync'd in just a few hours.  I am sure it is just coincidence but I felt it weird and figured I would post to let it be known.

EDIT:  I just thought of this question.  If I move my wallet.dat from my mac client to the pi when it is done syncing, will that reset my staking time? If it does I may leave it on my mac client until it stakes.

HYP - pURCi5HeWabYfF3WoCuAWRCWz5G1hxuhMz
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:10:12 AM

I don't know if it is just me thinking this but it appears that my wallet on my Pi is downloading the blockchain much better (less getting stuck on blocks) when I have the original theme selected.  It could just be a coincidence but it hasn't gotten stuck on a single block since I switched over to it two hours ago.  The hyperblue theme seems like it would get stuck every 45 minutes to an hour.

I don't know.  It had been brutally slow until I switched.  When I started syncing the other day until my last post I was at only about 50%. after switching themes I have gone up 20% to 70% blockchain sync'd in just a few hours.  I am sure it is just coincidence but I felt it weird and figured I would post to let it be known.

EDIT:  I just thought of this question.  If I move my wallet.dat from my mac client to the pi when it is done syncing, will that reset my staking time? If it does I may leave it on my mac client until it stakes.

Themes should have no effect, unless there is a bug consuming resources.

If you move your wallet.dat it will have no effect. Only blockchain transactions are seen by the network, not where you priv keys are held.

CiZ

Activity: 81

HyperStake Member

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:59:44 AM

wallet latest version still 1.0.7.3  Cheesy

.I'm CiZ my HyperStake Member.
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: