Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:05:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:05:56 PM

Does this make more sense now?
I does and the answer is: people saying the coin is overvalued either usually either are deluded and suffer from confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance or are trying to either pump the coin (clumsily)  or to lure newbies into buying their coin that they are trying to sell (but will never admit to).

So, basically, this is not economy, this i psychology.

There are exception, though but Technical Analysis is NOT one - suffice to say how TA fails at prediction BTC price.

If I had to tell of a reliable methods, I'd say: "look at the lenght of the post, it is usually proportional to the relevance of what is written. Look at the grammar - people with poor grammar rarely have something smart to say. Finally and most importantly, look at rationales. With time you will whitelist and blacklist rationales (that's called "experience") and you'll be more able to tell real reasoning from fallacy.

Fallacy is one of the biggest ennemy of crypto.

This is probably not the answer you expected, so let me say it another way: don't look for economy, look for psychology.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:55:59 PM

I does and the answer is: people saying the coin is overvalued either usually either are deluded and suffer from confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance or are trying to either pump the coin (clumsily)  or to lure newbies into buying their coin that they are trying to sell (but will never admit to).

So, basically, this is not economy, this i psychology.

There are exception, though but Technical Analysis is NOT one - suffice to say how TA fails at prediction BTC price.

If I had to tell of a reliable methods, I'd say: "look at the lenght of the post, it is usually proportional to the relevance of what is written. Look at the grammar - people with poor grammar rarely have something smart to say. Finally and most importantly, look at rationales. With time you will whitelist and blacklist rationales (that's called "experience") and you'll be more able to tell real reasoning from fallacy.

Fallacy is one of the biggest ennemy of crypto.

This is probably not the answer you expected, so let me say it another way: don't look for economy, look for psychology.

I would definitely side with David's opinion on this. I think most of it is psychological, which in turn feeds into the demand for the coin.  The psychology doesn't control the rate of issuance of a coin though, probably only feeds into the rate at which someone keeps their staked coins vs decides to sell them.  So part of the valuation is due to psychology and some is due to supply factors in my opinion.

Also I would probably ignore people that tell you it is a "good deal" to buy something right now and that there "is no further analysis needed".... in my opinion at least. Alternative cryptos are more about having fun, meeting some friends, adding cool developments to the coin's code and infrastructure, then it is about getting rich from day trading them - well for me it is at least.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:51:31 PM

Nice to see the same old jibber jabber on this coin.

This coin went from $850k at peak to around $60k now. Rather than fudding the price of it and worrying about sub penny ante players, let it slowly drift into the altcoin heap or do something to regenerate interest in the coin.

In regards to StudyEconomics' question, which I had no idea was originally on HYP when he asked about the same on XAI/Sapience AIFX, it is downright pathetic this coin didn't crash above Novacoin. Heck even scammy MMXIV is wiping the floor with HYP.

My flawed calculation of the coin was that it could become a social/tipping coin (HYP it up). Then again, I was the only one who thought this since for everyone else it was an experiment/toy. To anyone who saw that the community would never do anything to move this coin outside of the usual altcoin heap and dumped into oblivion, well played. You're smarter than me. 

And before anyone asks/whines, no I didn't make anything off this coin since I stupidly had more faith in it than it seems anyone else did. Hell, I even caught almost 10 BTC of it at 2k sat when BALLS came out and people were ready to rage dump to go on to the next thing.

In hindsight, selling at 1.5k down to 500 sat at a loss was smart since you can pretty much grab whatever you want now at 200-300 sat. And forget about selling for stake, since they are tens if not hundreds of others doing the same thing.

Anyway, hope you all have fun with my comments. I know you HYPsters will Wink

Cool story bro.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
mtwelve
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 04:51:16 PM

Have yall seen the 10k cryptocurrency, made by IgotSpots.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:40:07 PM

How to build a formula to put long term investment value onto a coin?
Elaborate.

I see a lot of posts for different coins that I watch that say something like "this coin is really worth $5 each, but it is only trading at $0.75 each, such a good deal", or things like that. I just have seen someone do it in this SapienceCoin thread.

I asked the same question there. I am interesting in economics of crypto currency and investments in it. And is there any way to give a formula method of its value? Or is it all about looking at a chart and say "oh this is lower than one month ago"?

This coin went from $850k at peak to around $60k now. Rather than fudding the price of it and worrying about sub penny ante players, let it slowly drift into the altcoin heap or do something to regenerate interest in the coin.

In regards to StudyEconomics' question, which I had no idea was originally on HYP when he asked about the same on XAI/Sapience AIFX, it is downright pathetic this coin didn't crash above Novacoin. Heck even scammy MMXIV is wiping the floor with HYP.

My flawed calculation of the coin was that it could become a social/tipping coin (HYP it up). Then again, I was the only one who thought this since for everyone else it was an experiment/toy. To anyone who saw that the community would never do anything to move this coin outside of the usual altcoin heap and dumped into oblivion, well played. You're smarter than me.  

And before anyone asks/whines, no I didn't make anything off this coin since I stupidly had more faith in it than it seems anyone else did. Hell, I even caught almost 10 BTC of it at 2k sat when BALLS came out and people were ready to rage dump to go on to the next thing.

In hindsight, selling at 1.5k down to 500 sat at a loss was smart since you can pretty much grab whatever you want now at 200-300 sat. And forget about selling for stake, since they are tens if not hundreds of others doing the same thing.

I do believe I said I would be ecstatic if it settled above 500 sats, back when it first launched. I actually expected the level it's at, though I had hoped it would be a bit down the line. This is going to be the case with a highly inflationary coin, even as carefully crafted as this. As for selling stake, I'm doing it, a bit at a time, and making a profit. Not a huge one, a few pennies if we're to be realistic. But a few pennies to the positive for having my computer on all the time (which it would be anyway) is not a bad deal.

Next steps remain getting more widespread adoption, particularly merchants for goods and services. HYP has the same problem as most alts, it's not useful for anything BUT trade to BTC. This isn't a mechanical or programming issue, the coin works as intended and well. It's a perception and marketing issue. Unfortunately, I have no solid ideas on how to change it, though I have some amorphous ideas.

That being said, jumping from coin to coin to coin in the hopes of "catching the peak" and getting rich is a fool's game. Cryptos are relatively easy to make now that the framework is well in place, open source, and heavily tested. I'm not a programmer to any great extent. In fact, 90 percent of what I know about the technical side of crypto I have learned since HYP's launch. But, with Presstab's able and sometimes pointed assistance, I have reached the point where I could clone a coin and modify it's specs. I may even do it, for fun and with caveats that it shouldn't be used for anything serious.

That being said, my long term strategy is to pick a few I believe have merit, and try to promote them in such a way as to BREAK the <insert coin>/BTC pairing and make the coin useful in it's own right, not simply a vehicle to get BTC. I frankly do not think that BTC is all that. It's the first one, and it started a growing revolution, but from a useability standpoint, it sucks. We HAVE done better on the technical side, many times over. What's lacking is the long term vision, the marketing, the PUSH to get it mainstream. Whether or not you LIKE the morons that compose the vast majority of society, they are the ones we have to reach if we're to be successful. Joe Sixpack resists change until it runs him over. We got to be that truck, or it will not happen. I think HYP is well positioned, along with TEK, HBN, and NVC, as a reserve currency for the average person. But it's position is not solid nor well laid out yet. It's quite likely to be useful as both a savings and small transaction vehicle, since it's fast, works well, and has a high reward for holding. It has an advantage there over TEK in that the period is short enough for the impatient to see a return, and long enough to keep the impatient from being totally stupid all the time.

The four I chose were personal choices for personal reasons. But I do believe they have merit. To me, the entire rest of the altcoin world is a dalliance. This doesn't make it true, there are some serious people involved, and I'm flexible enough to change my mind if need be. But if you are solely in it for the short run or quick profits, chase the newest thing and get out quick. If you're trying to build something for the future, fuck the price. it will find it's equilibrium in the market as all things do. Is HYP undervalued? At this point in time, I would say no. When it hit 8K it was in my opinion (stated at the time) overvalued. I sold some of my stake at that time and made a tidy profit, but it had ZERO effect on my long term strategy. Now that it's trading around 200? I still sell a bit from time to time for profit and to purchase my other coins, but it again has ZERO effect on my long term strategy.

Full steam ahead eventually brings you to a wall that you can't avoid. Slow, steady, and unemotional will get you a lot farther.

EDIT: Slight modification of two sentences due to original lack of caffeine. Oops.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:19:04 PM

Out of the blue rant and raves from someone desperately clinging to the last seconds of their 15minutes of fame are the best rant and raves.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 03:48:25 PM

CrazyLoaf:
The will was here. The way? Well, almost no coder and the ones we have are busy. The community is here and you know it, look at ##hyperstake. You did your best and so I did. It was not enough, now what?

Biomech: Great post.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:54:38 PM

Looks like the CCE explorer has been falling behind a little bit lately. Dreamwatcher says this is a problem with RPC requests that can freeze up. Just a reminder that jaybeeuk's explorer is available for everyone to use.

http://blockchainexplorer.co.uk/

Also, back to wallet code...

David had mentioned that he has experienced some problems when deleting a receiving address. I think I have fixed the problem here https://github.com/hyperstake/HyperStake/commit/b1af2904317e0d60d4bb5803470dfb4372875fae
This fix will be put into the upcoming version of HYP wallet. I am only tweaking a few more things until I will consider the release finalized Smiley

iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:59:19 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 08:33:40 AM by iantunc

CrazyLoaf:
The will was here. The way? Well, almost no coder and the ones we have are busy. The community is here and you know it, look at ##hyperstake. You did your best and so I did. It was not enough, now what?

Biomech: Great post.

Also was trying to do all my best, and I think we have some results. Now I'm slightly off the road (moving to mountains), but will return back to the game soon.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:55:17 PM

Been working on the stake hashing code. Basically recoded it all. Right now I have it down from 7-12% of my cpu while staking, to 0-1% of my cpu while staking. I still have to make sure this code is solid before I commit it to github. I am producing stakes that are being accepted by the network though Smiley

foroplus
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1052

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:38:01 PM

Been working on the stake hashing code. Basically recoded it all. Right now I have it down from 7-12% of my cpu while staking, to 0-1% of my cpu while staking. I still have to make sure this code is solid before I commit it to github. I am producing stakes that are being accepted by the network though Smiley
Great, waiting for the new features.

Thanks.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:40:42 PM

Gonna try to push that to HBN too? Or is the codebase too different?
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:06:21 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 08:42:07 PM by presstab

Gonna try to push that to HBN too? Or is the codebase too different?

Once it is out in the public domain, any coin dev will be able to mess around with the reorganized code (and even decide whether they like it or not).

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:32:42 PM

Looks like inflation control is starting to cap off coins created per day:

http://212.67.195.38/hyp-charts/CoinsCreatedPerDay.aspx

Difficulty is wild, but increasing:

iDunk's Charts

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:07:18 AM

http://212.67.195.38/hyp-charts/CoinsCreatedPerDay.aspx

Difficulty is wild, but increasing:

iDunk's Charts

hmmmmmm and all that without crippling the functionality of the wallet? who'd a thunk?

Though I must say,  that insane spike to almost 20 dif is REALLY sexy!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:30:22 AM

agreed

"moneysupply - present" : 105817445.72106101
"moneysupply - 28,800 blocks ago" : 81155195.25334300,
"supply change(last 28,800 blocks)" : 24662250.46771801,

thats an inflation of 30.388997760069% for the last 30 days
without the supply cap it should be 62.5% (750%/12months)

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 01:16:07 AM

Just moved my 40k HYP into 5 blocks of 8K there goes like 5 30+ ages with like 120K+ weight :p

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:24:34 AM

Just moved my 40k HYP into 5 blocks of 8K there goes like 5 30+ ages with like 120K+ weight :p

similar situation

i had >2000 blocks that havent staked in 50+ days
moved them into 7k blocks, hope that is enough to stake by the time they mature

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 01:26:04 AM

is this good pfoof of stake coin? buy 2 btc?  Huh Huh Shocked Shocked Smiley

myabe no buy  Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Depends on what you think is good. Community is good the stuff behind it is solid, and anti-inflation is amazing. So yes  I think its good. WE do need more developers on our team though from what I have heard.

sheffters

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:13:18 PM

Hi,

Is the 'days to stake' estimate accurate in coin control?

I've not staked anything yet, only just got this coin, so wondering if using that to block them into groups would be the best way to make sure they stake, rather than using the calculator for optimum if they would never get enough weight.

Thanks

S.
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: