Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:55:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679266 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:24:04 PM

Thx Biomech and Presstab.

I'm fully synced now! But the new version overwrites the old wallet.dat
is that correct? I'm in %appadata% and can only find a new wallet.dat in the Truckcoin-folder.

*edit   The software asks me for a password to unlock the wallet, but my old transactions and coins seems to be gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:27:38 PM

is that correct? I'm in %appadata% and can only find a new wallet.dat in the Truckcoin-folder.

you lost all your coins, same as I did.  Undecided

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:30:58 PM

*edit   The software asks me for a password to unlock the wallet, but my old transactions and coins seems to be gone.

It should be using the HyperStake folder in %appdat%.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:31:31 PM

Raskul do you still have your wallet.dat?  PM me your address so that I can check it out on the block explorer.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:32:24 PM

Come have some fun on IRC with our new tipbot!! #hyperstake

edn247

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:35:38 PM

Alright everyone, I'll release the latest build of the wallet now - v1.0.1 - I was going to wait until the new logo was chosen, but I think the syncing icon and the weight icon have been too confusing to a lot of people so the fix should be released now. v.1.1 will probably come out in a few days with new logo etc, and will only have minor code changes.

Code:
- Port change to 18777 so it can run side by side with TRK
- Fix minting icon and calcs to be more accurate
- Fix syncing icon to have no time requirement
- add moneysupply rpc command (preliminary)
- Add weight in coin control
- Misc minor GUI changes to coin control

https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/releases/tag/v1.0.1

Thank YOU!!!  Smiley

I have 3 blocks with weight, one has 4853 and the other two have 1698

I should be staking any time now, right?  The Stakeulator says 7 seconds.  What would prevent me from generating a block?

The new client is showing blocks with weight?

What I meant to say was blocks of coins with weight, in the coin control window.

Now I've used all the stake that showed in the coin control and generated blocks (no weight showing in weight column), but the icon says I'm minting and I've got 5961 weight...?

Also the network weight of 1492492 seems high...  probably that icon can still be ignored.
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:35:44 PM

Dude, instead of fudding or moping about, try to do something about it. Explain the damn problem so we can help.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:37:23 PM

So this coins doesn't provide anything to miners at all??? Why do they still mine the coin, for fun??

This coin is by design not mineable, it's a pure PoS coin from launch, forking TRK and duplicating the wallet's balance for initial distribution. No mining, just minting. I find that interesting (pun intendend) and I like the dev. That's why I'm in. Plus, the interest from PoS is actually similar to mining in this case. At least it seems it will be. We're still getting things sorted.

I like the coin as well, have bought some coins. But there is a blockcahin isn't it? So someone has to do hash-calculations to make a valid block and share it with the rest. My question is, why would someone do that, when there's no reward for al the hashes??? And what if there are no people left to calculate hashes and create new valid blocks???

Aha. Now I understand your confusion. Had the same questions before I started getting into PoS coins.

The calculations are done by the staking process. The hobonickels wiki has a really good overview of the process. I am not a good mathemetician, so I'm not even gonna try to explain the math behind it. But basically, holding coins for a certain amount of time triggers the minting process AND moves the chain. Which is where the initial problems lie with pure PoS coins, the coins have to mature for a bit to actually start staking and move things along. It's why we've been discussing shortening the stake period for a short time to get things flowing.

Edit: Ninja'd by the Master Tongue presstab taught me almost everything I've learned about PoS.

From the PPC Whitepaper:
The hash target that stake kernel must meet is a target per unit coin age (coin-day)
consumed in the kernel (in contrast to Bitcoin’s proof-of-work target which is a fixed
target value applying to every node). Thus the more coin age consumed in the kernel, the
easier meeting the hash target protocol. For example, if Bob has a wallet-output which
accumulated 100 coin-years and expects it to generate a kernel in 2 days, then Alice can
roughly expect her 200 coin-year wallet-output to generate a kernel in 1 day.

The hash target that stake kernel must meet is a target per unit coin age (coin-day)
consumed in the kernel (in contrast to Bitcoin’s proof-of-work target which is a fixed
target value applying to every node). Thus the more coin age consumed in the kernel, the
easier meeting the hash target protocol. For example, if Bob has a wallet-output which
accumulated 100 coin-years and expects it to generate a kernel in 2 days, then Alice can
roughly expect her 200 coin-year wallet-output to generate a kernel in 1 day.

zeeman

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:37:50 PM

aha, I got it! What you have to do is:

On Windows 7, go to start and in the searchbox type:  %appdata%

Go to the map called "Roaming"

Then go to the map: Truckcoin and copy the wallet.dat to the clipboard.

then go to the map: Hyperstake > rename the wallet.dat to wallet-new.dat   and paste the wallet.dat from the Truckcoin folder to this Hyperstakefolder.
That worked for me. I guess the older versions were using the Truckcoin-map and the new version the Hyperstake-map.

I'm having back all my coins  Tongue
armin22

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:38:34 PM

then go to the map: Hyperstake > rename the wallet.dat to wallet-new.dat   and paste the wallet.dat from the Truckcoin folder to this Hyperstakefolder.
That worked for me. I guess the older versions were using the Truckcoin-map and the new version the Hyperstake-map.

EVEN HE FIGURED IT OUT!

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:39:30 PM

you lost all your coins, same as I did.  Undecided

Remember that the client won't load that wallet unless you rename it wallet.dat.  Glad you got it working!  Let me know if you run into any other problems.

Also I recommend zipping the wallet or raring it so that you have a permanent backup.

zeeman

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:47:05 PM

EVEN HE FIGURED IT OUT!

Yup, and EVEN while I'm not a nerd like you who writes for Crytpocrap.com  Grin
armin22

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:47:33 PM

EVEN HE FIGURED IT OUT!

Yup, and EVEN while I'm not a nerd like you who writes for Crytpocrap.com  Grin

Touche

edn247

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:57:37 PM

I have some rather large chunks of coins, but I think it makes sense for the network's sake to leave them alone right now rather than split them to maximize stake return.
If I leave them they will help the network generate blocks sooner than if I broke them up, and will split once the block is generated anyway.

Is this essentially correct?  I don't mind missing out on a bit of reward generating the 1000 unit blocks if it helps the network more.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:07:18 PM

I have some rather large chunks of coins, but I think it makes sense for the network's sake to leave them alone right now rather than split them to maximize stake return.
If I leave them they will help the network generate blocks sooner than if I broke them up, and will split once the block is generated anyway.

Is this essentially correct?  I don't mind missing out on a bit of reward generating the 1000 unit blocks if it helps the network more.

This is correct. It will accumulate weight faster.  The problem we are having right now is that we get a kernel that takes a while to solve, and we have low network stake weight so it takes for ever. Once some of these bigger blocks come in and build weight they are able to solve that kernel much quicker.

And that would be much appreciated and what I am planning on doing. Having a backup wallet for when we need high weight to come in.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:11:23 PM

Is this essentially correct?  I don't mind missing out on a bit of reward generating the 1000 unit blocks if it helps the network more.

Here's how I'd play it (making up the details for examples sake). Say you have ten blocks, all fairly large. I'll say 10K coins each just for example's sake.

Open up coin control and see which ones are closest to staking. exclude them from tweaking until after they stake, as you said. Then choose a block to break up. do the right number of sends to get that block into 1600 coin blocks. Then wait a day, and do it again. Rinse and repeat until you have all of them set up the way you want. I would try to stagger it so that you have one block (at least) staking every day once they start to mature, and then just keep tweaking them in that manner as they stake. It'll keep the chain moving, and this early in the game won't cost you enough in coin maturity to matter.
edn247

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:25:46 PM

Here's how I'd play it (making up the details for examples sake). Say you have ten blocks, all fairly large. I'll say 10K coins each just for example's sake.

Open up coin control and see which ones are closest to staking. exclude them from tweaking until after they stake, as you said. Then choose a block to break up. do the right number of sends to get that block into 1600 coin blocks. Then wait a day, and do it again. Rinse and repeat until you have all of them set up the way you want. I would try to stagger it so that you have one block (at least) staking every day once they start to mature, and then just keep tweaking them in that manner as they stake. It'll keep the chain moving, and this early in the game won't cost you enough in coin maturity to matter.

That sounds like a solid plan.  I like the fact that my TEK wallet gets about 10-11 blocks a day now since I did a lot of solo mining back when I could, so the PoS rewards are perfectly staggered throughout the month.  I will work on getting these coins into similar shape for smooth staking.

How do I KNOW what coins are closest to staking?  Is it confirmations & priority?  Weight means they are up for stake, so I wouldn't touch those.
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:28:47 PM

Anyone interested in buying 92000 of these babies PM me

Bumberchute

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:42:13 PM

Why not sell them on Coin-Swap.net?
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:45:11 PM

I encourage everyone to not trade otc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: