Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:15:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cycoinminer

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:12:56 PM

Latapie pledge: sell 25% of your stake to HYP/XMR market

Why?

StakeHunter pledge: "sell 25% of your stake to increase liquidity". I would add: it will also encourage volume

But calculating what is 25% of your stake is difficult, except if you decide on one day and stick to this discipline every month (or week).

Fortunately, HyperSend makes it much simpler. Set Stake for Charity to 25 % and you're done. And this is as smooth as it can get, since it happens as soon as you staked, no every day/week/month. Waste and headache are kept at a minimum. Use your favourite exchange address as the destination address.

Voilà! You easily sell 25% of your stake. The actual selling, though, is not automated and this is a good thing (read Where no coin has gone before for the reasons).

I will personally do even better: I will not sell for BTC, I will sell for XMR. First because I love XMR and am a core dev there too (but this is not important for HYP), second because it will allow us to be constantly on top of the volume of the XMR market (we already are #2 #1 since last time I watched the volume), which will further increase our visibility. Consider the amount of visibility DIEM got from being the previous #1, compared to what the coin really represent.

Great plan! For the time being I'm still building my stash, but will be doing that soon I'm sure :-)
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:17:52 PM

Having some problems with HyperStaked on Debian randomly crashing; it's happened twice today for apparently no reason.

Nothing related to the crashes in the debug.log; any clues?

Is this something that just started happening or has it always crashed for you?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:45:32 PM

Also Dexpla, the one with the stolen 340k HYP and 12k TEK, has cleaned out his computer and I suggest sending a donation to him or using S4C to send him part of your stake. The security breach he got cleaned out everything he had.

Please donate here:  pC65u6zPz9SHkffKYa4Jn69dAD5zy8yyVY

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:04:34 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 11:23:48 PM by presstab

An interview I did with Nigel from bitcoinist.net: http://bitcoinist.net/hyperstake-a-coin-with-750-annual-pos/   Grin

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 12:20:15 AM

Having some problems with HyperStaked on Debian randomly crashing; it's happened twice today for apparently no reason.

Only installed it a few days ago.

One other note is that when building it headless from source it wouldn't compile due to missing file "walletmodel.h" in the source.
So I had to manually comment out the walletmodel.h include from the rpcwallet.cpp

https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/blob/master/src/rpcwallet.cpp
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 12:49:07 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 01:00:18 AM by David Latapie

Also Dexpla, the one with the stolen 340k HYP and 12k TEK, has cleaned out his computer and I suggest sending a donation to him or using S4C to send him part of your stake. The security breach he got cleaned out everything he had.

Please donate here:  pC65u6zPz9SHkffKYa4Jn69dAD5zy8yyVY
I will stop sending to Poloniex for a while and will send to Dexpla (still 25%). I encourage you to do the same. One day, we will have a timer that will make it even easier.
(btw, it was 14k TEK, not 12k TEK he lost).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:14:30 AM

Consider the amount of visibility DIEM got from being the previous #1, compared to what the coin really represent. Now imagine with HYP the boost of visibility it would be.

This is really important. DIEM got good volume almost entirely off people speculating for more XMR, not DIEM. DIEM is actually a pretty dangerous coin to get stuck in since it's low quality from a planning perspective and there are huge whales that can kill the market. The last dump it had was due to a 2B sell wall (10% of coins) being flashed, and they can still keep dumping.

HYP is great since, with a strong XMR market, it could be the 3rd altcoin for some of these BTC/XMR whales. It can also be presented as an additional hedge for them, i.e., take some % of XMR and put into HYP, let it stake, have more XMR even if XMR drops in BTC value. Awesome Grin
Ense04

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:33:03 AM

Please donate here:  pC65u6zPz9SHkffKYa4Jn69dAD5zy8yyVY

Just sent some HYP to that address. Plan to send more when I receive more stakes. Bad shit happens to everyone once in awhile, least we can do is help those in need.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:41:25 AM

Press, could you add a notification that this is a S4C sending? Especially in the context of multisending, later on.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:42:44 AM

Trying this out will update with outcome later.
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:02:50 AM

I guess this means biomech survived his relocation  Grin

I have a lot of small blocks. Some 1600 blocks are now starting to stake after something like 20 days. I'm using coin control to create blocks containing 3000 coins these days.
The interest doesn't change with the bigger blocks isn't it?

No, it doesn't change, BUT the block that you're hoping to stake is essentially trapped until it actually stakes - I mean, you don't want to loose 3-400 HYP just to make it into a larger block.
Really, anyone who's selling on exchanges should only really be selling the blocks which have freshly minted, otherwise, personally, I find the loss of interest after 24 hours or so too much to loose!

I always wait for the coins to stake. After that, when I have a lot of different blocks, I use coincontrol to put the coins together in new blocks.
I don't like loosing stake either  Grin

I love loosing stake. The more stakes I loose, the richer I become. Given where I'm starting from, I have little to lose, and I'll loose as many as I can.

Loose: Ill fitting; to unleash or release; opposite of tight.
Lose: To be second place or less in a contest, to misplace, to no longer possess involuntarily.

Let's eat grandma!
Let's eat, Grandma!

Puntuation saves lives.

Apparently not. I misspelled punctuation Tongue

Things went a bit south, but we survived. We didn't wind up where we were aiming for, though. We're in Franklin, PA. Which is a hell of a lot nicer than most of PA, but still...

I don't have regular internet yet. Just got the apartment yesterday, but I'm back. More or less.

cool in my neck of the woods Biomech....well at least the same state. What do you mean you didn't wind up where you were aiming for??? Are you in need of a place/apartment? Come further East and I can help if that is what you are after.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:26:58 AM

I have a lot of small blocks. Some 1600 blocks are now starting to stake after something like 20 days. I'm using coin control to create blocks containing 3000 coins these days.

No, it doesn't change, BUT the block that you're hoping to stake is essentially trapped until it actually stakes - I mean, you don't want to loose 3-400 HYP just to make it into a larger block.
Really, anyone who's selling on exchanges should only really be selling the blocks which have freshly minted, otherwise, personally, I find the loss of interest after 24 hours or so too much to loose!

I always wait for the coins to stake. After that, when I have a lot of different blocks, I use coincontrol to put the coins together in new blocks.

I love loosing stake. The more stakes I loose, the richer I become. Given where I'm starting from, I have little to lose, and I'll loose as many as I can.

Lose: To be second place or less in a contest, to misplace, to no longer possess involuntarily.

Let's eat grandma!
Let's eat, Grandma!

Puntuation saves lives.

Things went a bit south, but we survived. We didn't wind up where we were aiming for, though. We're in Franklin, PA. Which is a hell of a lot nicer than most of PA, but still...

I don't have regular internet yet. Just got the apartment yesterday, but I'm back. More or less.

cool in my neck of the woods Biomech....well at least the same state. What do you mean you didn't wind up where you were aiming for??? Are you in need of a place/apartment? Come further East and I can help if that is what you are after.
Everything on that front is under control, but I appreciate the offer. I am not at liberty to elaborate on what happened, except that a deal fell through after I had already taken my family on the road on a one way trip. Nobody's fault, really, just some shit got delayed that we all thought was sewed up. So I'm going to be here in Franklin for a while. I work via the web at the moment, so this is a momentary setback. I did lose a couple weeks work, though, and am playing catch up really harsh for a while.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 02:41:34 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 02:13:51 PM by David Latapie

Remember that the wallet also allows you to list how much you send to someone. Here with the Stake4Charity for Dexpla (there is no way to tell if it is S4C or regular sending - I just no I did not sent regularly)

Notice I selected "Sent to". As for the address, right-click on the name and in the contextual menu, copy the address - you just have to paste it (notice it doesn't respect the principle of least astonishment, since you expect to copy a text and end up copying an address).

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:44:23 AM

Let's eat grandma!
Let's eat, Grandma!

Puntuation saves lives.

Everything on that front is under control, but I appreciate the offer. I am not at liberty to elaborate on what happened, except that a deal fell through after I had already taken my family on the road on a one way trip. Nobody's fault, really, just some shit got delayed that we all thought was sewed up. So I'm going to be here in Franklin for a while. I work via the web at the moment, so this is a momentary setback. I did lose a couple weeks work, though, and am playing catch up really harsh for a while.

OK no problem. I am in Lititz if you need anything. I have an extra apt there FYI.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:45:51 AM

Only installed it a few days ago.

One other note is that when building it headless from source it wouldn't compile due to missing file "walletmodel.h" in the source.
So I had to manually comment out the walletmodel.h include from the rpcwallet.cpp

https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/blob/master/src/rpcwallet.cpp

Thanks for the heads up, I just removed it from the repo  Smiley

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:50:17 AM

Press, could you add a notification that this is a S4C sending? Especially in the context of multisending, later on.

Well S4C uses the same code to send the actual tx, which is what ends up throwing the notification. I'll see if I can pass a bool through as well.

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:12:47 AM

Notice I selected "Sent to". As for the address, Right-click on the name and it selects the address - you just have to paste it (notice it doesn't respect the principle of least astonishment, since you expect to copy a text and end up copying an address).

Do you really mean "Right-click on the name and it selects the address" ? Instead of "Right-click on the name and you get a menu with a few selection commands" ? I get a menu here (Linux), with both copy address and copy label commands (and some others). It'd have copied the label if you selected copy label in that menu. If you select copy address, it copies the address.

I'd pushed a small patch to github for the table header to read "Addres/Label" instead of just "Address", since the table can contain both. This may make more explicit that this column can contain both.
Dexpla

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:01:18 AM

Please donate here:  pC65u6zPz9SHkffKYa4Jn69dAD5zy8yyVY
I will stop sending to Poloniex for a while and will send to Dexpla (still 25%). I encourage you to do the same. One day, we will have a timer that will make it even easier.
(btw, it was 14k TEK, not 12k TEK he lost).

I would like to take this time to thank the community for their kind  generosity on helping me put back together my life, after the actions of the most unscrupulous thieves who robbed me of all my coins which i was living off.

An big thanks also to the developers of HYP Presstab and David who have given such good advice and helped me through this terrible experiance brought upon me.

Everyones generosity is overwhelming and i'm speechless.
Thanks
pC65u6zPz9SHkffKYa4Jn69dAD5zy8yyVY
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:36:17 AM

A little assistance, my Expected time to earn reward is 1 day - it's been 1 day for the past 3 days. I have the latest wallet.
Should I close and reopen wallet ?

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:11:08 PM

A little assistance, my Expected time to earn reward is 1 day - it's been 1 day for the past 3 days. I have the latest wallet.
Should I close and reopen wallet ?

This bug will be fixed in the next wallet release. Yes, you need to reopen your wallet to get staking info update. Check your staking weight, it should be changed.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: