Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:16:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:44:23 PM

So, a stupid question for you.  Looking at the Wiki, it looks like the unlock for mint feature is enabled, but I see nothing in the console how to use it?  Is this yet to be completed or how do we use it?  Thank you...  

Unlock for mint has some technical glitches that I am working on fixing right now.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:35:59 AM

PressTab is a smart one, it's all you need.

As more coins become available, more people will stake. As more people stake the difficulty will increase. As the difficulty increases, users will either wait longer to stake, or combine blocks to increase their weight. Either way the chance of hitting the max stake increases, and the amount of coins lost to the max also increases. Thereby keeping the inflation rate constant, or even lower then max * blocks per day.

Thanks Tranz, it is quite the model isn't it?  High PoS will make sure that more coins exist. More coins in existence will ensure that the difficulty increases from more coins being staked. Higher difficulty will mean bigger blocks. Bigger blocks means that they will be much closer to hitting the max reward.

BottleCaps will see this happen, but it may be a year or so until it starts being seen. The faster block speed makes the diff a bit more rigid.  HBN may see this happen, but it depends on what the max subsidy will be after the hard fork.  HBN has an even faster block speed than CAP, so an even more PoS difficulty.

The 90 second block speed has been a nice blessing for HYP.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:39:43 AM

I created a Dexpla support hall of fame to help Dexpla overrides his crush. And if this is not enough, consider it as a crowdfunding campaign for cryptoclubz.com.

[HYP] Dexpla support Hall of fame

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:43:36 AM

Great work! Cheesy

PressTab. I have taken your CC work and improved it a bit. It will now deselect coins that may have been selected previously, which do not fit the current criteria. Speed it up a bit as well.

Pretty easy change.
Move this line up and remove it from the ifs to the boost

Code:
	    COutPoint outpt(txhash, out.i);

And add these lines to the ifs.
Code:
                else {
                    coinControl->UnSelect(outpt);
                    itemOutput->setCheckState(COLUMN_CHECKBOX,Qt::Unchecked);
                }

I did a few other things dealing with the Potential Stake and Age. Not super important, but if you find bugs it may help..

https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/commit/2b9588b6dad268a81b1648bab7e751943d13d3f0

Enjoy!

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:41:09 AM

Great work! Cheesy

PressTab. I have taken your CC work and improved it a bit. It will now deselect coins that may have been selected previously, which do not fit the current criteria. Speed it up a bit as well.

Pretty easy change.
Move this line up and remove it from the ifs to the boost

Code:
	    COutPoint outpt(txhash, out.i);

And add these lines to the ifs.
Code:
                else {
                    coinControl->UnSelect(outpt);
                    itemOutput->setCheckState(COLUMN_CHECKBOX,Qt::Unchecked);
                }

I did a few other things dealing with the Potential Stake and Age. Not super important, but if you find bugs it may help..

https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/commit/2b9588b6dad268a81b1648bab7e751943d13d3f0

Enjoy!

Awesome thanks for the improvement, it will be noticed by people with lots of block like you and I  Wink

And yes ha you can't exactly plug 100% annual rate into potential stake formula for an NVCS coin that varies, so job well done there.

Whats this I am seeing with change address? You getting ready for S4C to send change back to the sending address?  Grin

iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:54:32 AM

Multiple port scan and SSH brute-force attacks detected. Moving to a cold storage. Will investigate these issues. Use a firewall to close all you open ports and hide your PC behind NAT (a router). Encrypt your wallet with a password no less than 10 symbols long. Use a personal firewall and network monitor to prevent keylogging. Don't install untrusted applications. Beware of phishing attacks. Do virus scans. Ideally place your holdings on a separate Linux computer behind NAT you don't work with.

Attacks coming through the client?  I am not noticing anything strange on my end.

reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for srv2.llactatec.com [192.157.236.128] failed - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT!
Sep 22 07:30:13 ***** sshd[4480]: Accepted publickey for ***** from 192.157.236.128 port 40654 ssh2
Sep 22 07:30:13 *****  sshd[4480]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user ***** by (uid=0)
Sep 22 07:30:14 *****  sshd[4337]: Failed password for invalid user melody from 70.39.76.18 port 19595 ssh2

The whole range of ports is scanned. There are chinese IPs.

Jump on ##hyperstake-dev when you have a chance.

Also for me this seems to not be a problem for me, i am using the -debugnet=1 startup switch and not seeing the same activity.

Need to work up the log to find possible vulnerabilities. We should develop a big security manual.

Other guys have noticed this too, but saying it is not crypto related, just chinese scanning everyone for open ssh.

Yes, also think so. But it's a good occasion to remind users about their security. Protected holders are crucial for a healthy currency ecosystem. 

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
Sir William

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:15:52 AM

So, a stupid question for you.  Looking at the Wiki, it looks like the unlock for mint feature is enabled, but I see nothing in the console how to use it?  Is this yet to be completed or how do we use it?  Thank you...  

Unlock for mint has some technical glitches that I am working on fixing right now.

Ok, thank you.  That's what I needed to know.  Thanks for all the hard work.  Smiley

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:48:13 AM

Ok, thank you.  That's what I needed to know.  Thanks for all the hard work.  Smiley

Got it working tonight, thanks for the prompt  Wink

https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/commit/520e75461bc86f609ce0f799824be64b08db6f5f

CiZ

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

HyperStake Member

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:52:30 AM

Got it working tonight, thanks for the prompt  Wink

https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/commit/520e75461bc86f609ce0f799824be64b08db6f5f

gooooood job  Wink

.I'm CiZ my HyperStake Member.
iantunc

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:03:55 AM

Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:27:05 PM

Hi, I am new to HYP (have several other Alts, including the first hybrid PoW/PoS ORB)
and I decided to jump in and buy a stash (you might have seen a spike on Allcoin,
I believe I wiped out half the listed sell orders) and those are now staking in my wallet.

My question is why HYC is listed as Hyper on BitTrex? It confused me with HYP and
luckily I did not buy on BitTrex, but I did try to send some HYP there and luckily
Allcoin detected the error before allowing the transfer. Then I re-read the OP carefully
and noticed that BitTrex is not listed (and also a search of this thread did not turn up
adding BitTrex) so then my conclusion was that it must be a different coin with the same name
and listed under a confusing symbol - it should be HYC on BitTrex.
Can the developer contact BitTrex to have this corrected and add a warning to the list of
exchanges in the OP?
The argument with BitTrex may use the reason that if they ever want to add HYP, then it will
be mightily confusing if there already is a HYPER symbol instead of the correct HYC.
It had me going there anyway, but I figured it our after a couple hours.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:37:31 PM

Hi, I am new to HYP (have several other Alts, including the first hybrid PoW/PoS ORB)
and I decided to jump in and buy a stash (you might have seen a spike on Allcoin,
I believe I wiped out half the listed sell orders) and those are now staking in my wallet.

My question is why HYC is listed as Hyper on BitTrex? It confused me with HYP and
luckily I did not buy on BitTrex, but I did try to send some HYP there and luckily
Allcoin detected the error before allowing the transfer. Then I re-read the OP carefully
and noticed that BitTrex is not listed (and also a search of this thread did not turn up
adding BitTrex) so then my conclusion was that it must be a different coin with the same name
and listed under a confusing symbol - it should be HYC on BitTrex.
Can the developer contact BitTrex to have this corrected and add a warning to the list of
exchanges in the OP?
The argument with BitTrex may use the reason that if they ever want to add HYP, then it will
be mightily confusing if there already is a HYPER symbol instead of the correct HYC.
It had me going there anyway, but I figured it our after a couple hours.

Good thing you didn't buy the one on Bittrex Wink

Actually there used to be a coin listed on Cryptsy called HyperCoin (HYC). It's dead and there isn't a market open anywhere as far as I know.

The coin listed on Bittrex is HYPER. This coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.0. The stake isn't that great.

Honestly, I think this HyperStake (HYP) could be a MUCH more interesting game currency. No need to make an MMO or anything (that's actually a bad model for a coin imo). Actually I'd be interested in seeing how HYP could fare with gamers. Something that can double in less than 2 months in crazy; a really awesome in-game reward Cool

Welcome aboard the HyperStake spaceship! Whoooooosh!
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:42:36 PM

for the Rpi users and probably other linux and mac as well i saw this .

Someone just found an exploit with the Raspberry Pi so if anyone is using one to stake Vericoin may have to take a look at this:

To test your own RPis enter the following into the command line:

env x='() { :;}; echo I am vulnerable!' bash -c "echo This is a Shellshock vulnerability test"

If you get the following output you are OK:

bash: warning: x: ignoring function definition attempt

bash: error importing function definition for `x'

This is a Shellshock vulnerability test

If you get the following output you are at RISK:

I am vulnerable!

To fix the issue (if present)

Close down your wallet first (just to be safe) Then run:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

This will automatically fix the exploit - re-test using the above command and you should be fine

Linux / Mac  Bash security flaw if u want to google it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:34:41 PM

Whats this I am seeing with change address? You getting ready for S4C to send change back to the sending address?  Grin

This was actually just to add the address book to the coin control change section. Just so it is easier for that. But it will lead to what you suggest as well....

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
cycoinminer

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:19:47 PM

So, I've had today my first block, that actually reached the 1k interest limit.... and it's still gaining weight.

I was really quite surprised to see it go past the 1k limit, but it did none the less. I'm surprised because I have 2 wallets, and my other wallet which has blocks with much lower weight have been happily staking, whilst this particular block just keeps hanging on!

What are other's experiences of this? The block itself isn't too large, around 3200 HYP, and I've had larger blocks stake well within the 1k limit.
Nor is the difficulty as high as it's been recently - when I last looked it was 0.85....

I'm interested to know what others opinions are.

Cheers

Cy
iantunc

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:42:29 PM

So, I've had today my first block, that actually reached the 1k interest limit.... and it's still gaining weight.

I was really quite surprised to see it go past the 1k limit, but it did none the less. I'm surprised because I have 2 wallets, and my other wallet which has blocks with much lower weight have been happily staking, whilst this particular block just keeps hanging on!

What are other's experiences of this? The block itself isn't too large, around 3200 HYP, and I've had larger blocks stake well within the 1k limit.
Nor is the difficulty as high as it's been recently - when I last looked it was 0.85....

I'm interested to know what others opinions are.

Cheers

Cy

Also have a block over 1000. It's weight is ~17000 with the size of 4000 and the age 13.39, so I'm losing about 80 HYP now. It's staking 24/7, just still isn't lucky to find a hash.

iantunc

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:50:50 PM

for the Rpi users and probably other linux and mac as well i saw this .

Someone just found an exploit with the Raspberry Pi so if anyone is using one to stake Vericoin may have to take a look at this:

To test your own RPis enter the following into the command line:

env x='() { :;}; echo I am vulnerable!' bash -c "echo This is a Shellshock vulnerability test"

If you get the following output you are OK:

bash: warning: x: ignoring function definition attempt

bash: error importing function definition for `x'

If you get the following output you are at RISK:

I am vulnerable!

To fix the issue (if present)

Close down your wallet first (just to be safe) Then run:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

This will automatically fix the exploit - re-test using the above command and you should be fine

Linux / Mac  Bash security flaw if u want to google it.

This exploit is not critical and only affects site owners and those who give restricted ssh access to other people. Here's what can be affected:

• Apache HTTP Servers that use CGI scripts (via mod_cgi and mod_cgid) that are written in Bash or launch to Bash subshells
  • Certain DHCP clients
  • OpenSSH servers that use the ForceCommand capability
  • Various network-exposed services that use Bash

The only threat for an average user are DHCP shell scripts, but there is a small probability that your ISP will make code injections (but it can be done by a malicious user who can intercept your DHCP broadcast). Nevertheless, do all necessary updates to be on the safe side.

Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:25:37 PM

interested
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:17:41 PM

My record reward for 1600 Hyp = 670
Took for ever before it finally staked.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:36:10 PM

I have a block of 4250 HYP that is 15 days old. Just remember that hashing is random, but coin weight makes it more likely to stake.

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: