Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:33:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:31:12 PM

Great update! Regarding I2P / Tor support: Dear devs, please post instructions on how to install ShadowCash on Tails 1.8, since it comes both with I2P and Tor already pre-installed and pre-configured.

https://github.com/shadowproject/tails-scripts
Enjoy ...

This will compile the ShadowCore QT client and download verified blockchain and set that up. Once you start the Shadow client you will have at most "a few days" of data to sync.
So aside from the time taken to compile and download you will be up and running in minutes.

This couldn't have come at a better time dasource! I was planning on working on some compiles over the Holidays. Move this to the top of the list! Merry Christmas.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:53:27 AM

Great update! Regarding I2P / Tor support: Dear devs, please post instructions on how to install ShadowCash on Tails 1.8, since it comes both with I2P and Tor already pre-installed and pre-configured.

Enjoy ...

This will compile the ShadowCore QT client and download verified blockchain and set that up. Once you start the Shadow client you will have at most "a few days" of data to sync.
So aside from the time taken to compile and download you will be up and running in minutes.

Did the EFF or someone trusted vouch for tails 1.8 and validate tails.boum.org? I fail to see how using tails increases privacy especially when you are trusting so many CA's?
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:56:01 AM

Enjoy ...

Did the EFF or someone trusted vouch for tails 1.8 and validate tails.boum.org? I fail to see how using tails increases privacy especially when you are trusting so many CA's?
it doesn't imho. but it is always good to have options. about as dubious as tor if you ask me.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 02:00:31 PM

Enjoy ...

They have a warning section in which they cover MITM attacks and various other ways you might be compromised: https://tails.boum.org/doc/about/warning/index.en.html

And techniques for mitigating the risks and verifying the integrity of the ISO: https://tails.boum.org/doc/get/trusting_tails_signing_key/index.en.html

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:54:10 AM

Enjoy ...

They have a warning section in which they cover MITM attacks and various other ways you might be compromised: https://tails.boum.org/doc/about/warning/index.en.html

And techniques for mitigating the risks and verifying the integrity of the ISO: https://tails.boum.org/doc/get/trusting_tails_signing_key/index.en.html
Well that is just neat reading. Cheesy

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
X1235

Activity: 671
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:06:26 AM

A question out of curiosity: is the Tails (and not the market) implementation so important? Or these two are different branches of the dev process?

And Happy Christmas!
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:04:45 AM

code: The recent developments  in Tails are independent and community organized. Ryno is all focused on the market.

The Tails implementation is an important one, because of it can provide foolproof privacy and anonimity. It's easy and fucking up is hard, which is a very attractive quality.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:21:45 AM

ETA of the marketplace?
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:01:07 AM

ETA of the marketplace?

Merry Christmas everyone or however you wish to celebrate it Smiley
Personally i will be celebrating the birth of Jesus.
Juinyu

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 05:43:29 PM

Enjoy ...

That's really great news! Thank you and all the devs!

There's a 'Call for testing: 2.0~beta1' https://tails.boum.org/news/test_2.0-beta1/index.en.html

You can help Tails! The first beta for the upcoming version 2.0 is out. We are very excited and cannot wait to hear what you think about it Smiley

What's new in 2.0?

Tails 2.0 will be the first version of Tails based on Debian 8 (Jessie). As such, it upgrades essentially all included software.

The most noticeable change is probably the move to GNOME Shell, configured in Classic mode. This desktop environment provides a modern and actively developed replacement for the aging GNOME "Flashback". GNOME Shell also paves the way for better supporting touchscreens in the future.

Under the hood, an amazing amount of code was ported to more modern technologies. This, in turn, allowed us to do lots of small changes all around the place, that will make the Tails experience both safer, and more pleasant. For example, all custom system services are harder to exploit thanks to the use of Linux namespaces, set up by systemd. And the way Tails tells the user that "Tor is ready" is now more accurate.

But really, there are simply too many changes to describe them all here, so just try Tails 2.0~beta1 yourself!

Technical details of all the changes are listed in the Changelog.

There is only one piece of bad news, that makes us a bit sad, though: we had to remove the Windows camouflage feature, since our call for help to port it to GNOME Shell (issued in January, 2015) was unsuccessful.

Since they are switching to Debian Jessie, do you know if it will be more easy to compile ShadowCash on Tails due to dependencies?

May I suggest that the devs contact DeepDotWeb who had written very nice and informative articles about ShadowCash, e.g. https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/01/28/shadowcash-zero-knowledge-anonymity/

To inform them that it is possible to compile ShadowCash on Tails, also a Reddit posting or a tweet could be nice for awareness Smiley
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 06:25:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o55xNVysE88

Can someone make this one with sound and voice .. Huh
As l can see this is a very good material...

You can rent this space
OKtoshi
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:58:15 PM

Enjoy ...

That's really great news! Thank you and all the devs!

There's a 'Call for testing: 2.0~beta1' https://tails.boum.org/news/test_2.0-beta1/index.en.html

You can help Tails! The first beta for the upcoming version 2.0 is out. We are very excited and cannot wait to hear what you think about it Smiley

What's new in 2.0?

Tails 2.0 will be the first version of Tails based on Debian 8 (Jessie). As such, it upgrades essentially all included software.

The most noticeable change is probably the move to GNOME Shell, configured in Classic mode. This desktop environment provides a modern and actively developed replacement for the aging GNOME "Flashback". GNOME Shell also paves the way for better supporting touchscreens in the future.

Under the hood, an amazing amount of code was ported to more modern technologies. This, in turn, allowed us to do lots of small changes all around the place, that will make the Tails experience both safer, and more pleasant. For example, all custom system services are harder to exploit thanks to the use of Linux namespaces, set up by systemd. And the way Tails tells the user that "Tor is ready" is now more accurate.

But really, there are simply too many changes to describe them all here, so just try Tails 2.0~beta1 yourself!

Technical details of all the changes are listed in the Changelog.

There is only one piece of bad news, that makes us a bit sad, though: we had to remove the Windows camouflage feature, since our call for help to port it to GNOME Shell (issued in January, 2015) was unsuccessful.

Since they are switching to Debian Jessie, do you know if it will be more easy to compile ShadowCash on Tails due to dependencies?

May I suggest that the devs contact DeepDotWeb who had written very nice and informative articles about ShadowCash, e.g. https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/01/28/shadowcash-zero-knowledge-anonymity/

To inform them that it is possible to compile ShadowCash on Tails, also a Reddit posting or a tweet could be nice for awareness Smiley

Great news! feel free to use ROKOS (First Debian Jessie OS based with installed BTC and cryptocurrency wallets)
Just need to download, git clone shadowcash, qmake and make (already includes Qtcreator, Qt 5.3.2 native and Qt 5.5.1 ready for cross compile)
easy to integrate and share for your Pi users to stake their Shadow over Pi devices Smiley Merry Xmas, and congratulations!
ROKOS: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084908.0

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Hey I just recently got into ShadowCoin but there are some things that I quite don't understand yet. How does the stealth address differences itself from the public address? Also, if I have some SDC on an exchange, which address shall I use to withdraw them to my wallet? The public one or the stealth one?  Huh

Another thing is that I have downloaded the bootstrap.dat file and placed it on my appdata directory but the wallet takes hours (forever) to load. Is this normal or is just me? Thanks and happy holidays  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
rutherford

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:57:18 PM

code: Hi Abiky,
Exchanges always use the normal addresses.

The stealth addresses actually create new public addresses each transaction. But no exchanges have implemented it as far as I know.

The Bootstrap.DAT file can take many hours to synchronise and the GUI may freeze. This is the same for the standard Bitcoin client, but this is fixed in the next version of Shadow! It's now multi-threaded and will show the progress. For now just let it run.

A new super fast blockchain syncing method is also being developed and it's looking promising!

That Raspberry Pi box sounds cool! Some users will certainly love it.

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 12:25:42 AM

code: Hi Abiky,
Exchanges always use the normal addresses.

The stealth addresses actually create new public addresses each transaction. But no exchanges have implemented it as far as I know.

The Bootstrap.DAT file can take many hours to synchronise and the GUI may freeze. This is the same for the standard Bitcoin client, but this is fixed in the next version of Shadow! It's now multi-threaded and will show the progress. For now just let it run.

A new super fast blockchain syncing method is also being developed and it's looking promising!

That Raspberry Pi box sounds cool! Some users will certainly love it.

Hey thanks for clarifying my doubts about Shadowcoin. There is only one thing that I'm going to ask: Is the next version of Shadow available to download right now or is not released yet? As far as I know, I have downloaded the latest version of the wallet a week ago. But if the new version is upcoming, then those faster sync rates and multi-threaded sure looks very interesting.  Cheesy

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
rutherford

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 12:47:49 AM

code: It is not available for download just yet, sorry. But it will be soon!

Hang in there..

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
crz

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:42:43 PM

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could help me out - I worked non-stop this month on SDC GUIv2 and put everything on side-line (client work so on) and had no income this month. I'm short 1.5 btc for my bills this month. I got 0.10513479 from Ryno but I still need to find 1.4 btc from somehwhere. I'm almost done with GUIv2. My work on GUIv2: Endless list of changes - I redesigned it from scratch, better overview, new send page, and other tabs are redesigned, dummy proof and less complicated for starters, its mobile friendly and responsive, tweaks..

My addresses: BTC: 1o4nzUUXTDEGXCtEJomoyM1irn8Uxfg1D and SDC: SbMvzNDrYJLWTYMMBeozZWfiv9QPUjGSWm

Branding/Graphics, UI/UX Designer, Front/Back-end Developer. (IRC (freenode): crz)
rutherford

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 12:55:32 PM

code: That wallet looks amazing! It deserves a spot in a museum or art gallery in my opinion Cheesy

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968

einc.io

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 05:32:31 PM

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could help me out - I worked non-stop this month on SDC GUIv2 and put everything on side-line (client work so on) and had no income this month. I'm short 1.5 btc for my bills this month. I got 0.10513479 from Ryno but I still need to find 1.4 btc from somehwhere. I'm almost done with GUIv2. My work on GUIv2: Endless list of changes - I redesigned it from scratch, better overview, new send page, and other tabs are redesigned, dummy proof and less complicated for starters, its mobile friendly and responsive, tweaks..

My addresses: BTC: 1o4nzUUXTDEGXCtEJomoyM1irn8Uxfg1D and SDC: SbMvzNDrYJLWTYMMBeozZWfiv9QPUjGSWm

+.11 BTC to CRZ,   We need to support the people making this happen.

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 08:09:45 AM

code: That wallet looks amazing! It deserves a spot in a museum or art gallery in my opinion Cheesy

i second that ! amazing work it is !
Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: