Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:22:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 [1514] 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:01:10 PM

guys, i would like to sell some ETH and buy monero instead, but when i want to sent from parity to my poloniex account , my poloniex says its generating an adress but it does not give me an adress... it stays on " generating "

someone has the same problem? are there other ways to sell my ETH for monero ?

please help

I haven't had that problem but I also have not deposited ETH on Poloniex. You can also buy Monero at Kraken, Bitfinex, Shapeshift, TuxExchange, Bittrex, and maybe some others.
What about Monero for fiat? Any good places to buy it? Without astronomic fees? I´ve been trying the Altcoins Marketplace without success for a few days. Some sites like anycoindirect have very high fees. So if you have any ideas, they would be mostly apreciated.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:16:33 PM

My speculation is that xmr will continue its steady longer term appreciation trend, with much less significant volatility than other leading crypto (BTC, ETH).  In the long run, XMR will appreciate significantly more than BTC, as it's use cases are greater, and the current valuation is 50x lower.

Depending on your criteria, you might deem various issues as "leading crypto" but market cap per se is clearly meaningless.  Bytecoin, dash, zcash and ripple are prime examples of that meaninglessness, for distinct reasons with similar implications, i.e. in each case the cap far exceeds the float - liquidity stinks, and every "greater fool" that comes along is just burying themselves under a deeper and deeper creaking overhang.  I do not deem any of these four in particular to be in the class of "leading crypto".  I still hope for a fair community launch of a zksnark crypto (or the incorporation of zksnarks into xmr.)

ETH is definitely leading crypto, but can't be classed as a monetary asset per se.  It is also heading for a legal and social catastrophe at an ever accelerating pace.  I much prefer the tortoise-style victory to which Monero is iterating, steering far clear of the snake oil and Ponzi complexes that besmirch the very concept of crypto.  The political and governance risks of XMR seem clearly to be much less than those of either BTC or (most especially) ETH.

There exists ZenCash, ZClassic, and Hush, which are all community created Zcash forks.
I've been particularly interested in Zen. It's basically Zcash with a DAO and masternodes. As a speculator, those things interest me.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:54:47 PM

My speculation is that xmr will continue its steady longer term appreciation trend, with much less significant volatility than other leading crypto (BTC, ETH).  In the long run, XMR will appreciate significantly more than BTC, as it's use cases are greater, and the current valuation is 50x lower.

Depending on your criteria, you might deem various issues as "leading crypto" but market cap per se is clearly meaningless.  Bytecoin, dash, zcash and ripple are prime examples of that meaninglessness, for distinct reasons with similar implications, i.e. in each case the cap far exceeds the float - liquidity stinks, and every "greater fool" that comes along is just burying themselves under a deeper and deeper creaking overhang.  I do not deem any of these four in particular to be in the class of "leading crypto".  I still hope for a fair community launch of a zksnark crypto (or the incorporation of zksnarks into xmr.)

ETH is definitely leading crypto, but can't be classed as a monetary asset per se.  It is also heading for a legal and social catastrophe at an ever accelerating pace.  I much prefer the tortoise-style victory to which Monero is iterating, steering far clear of the snake oil and Ponzi complexes that besmirch the very concept of crypto.  The political and governance risks of XMR seem clearly to be much less than those of either BTC or (most especially) ETH.

There exists ZenCash, ZClassic, and Hush, which are all community created Zcash forks.
I've been particularly interested in Zen. It's basically Zcash with a DAO and masternodes. As a speculator, those things interest me.

Afaik he meant also without the trusted setup... its the same like Zcash for ANY of those forks
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:32:27 PM

Oh boy! Dao and masternodes!!
When monroe gonna be that?
Waiting for announcement....
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 02:51:40 PM

Ohhh shiiiii...

nioc just pre-announced the pre-announcement!  Quick everyone! Sell your house, family, and dog to buy more!

Wait a minute..  Angry
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:57:36 PM

Dash - A good coin, very professional community and a good business plan.

that's just wrong... have you been on the dash-subreddit, or in their slack channel... they're just echo-chambers... Dash has almost no community except their paid for fanboyz

Dash has a community, and bear in mind, the sign of the community is not how many trolls are writing online.
When it comes to professionalism, Dash is in the level of Corporation when you compare it to Monero which is in the level of boiz playing in the garage and tuning their four-wheels. The fact that they have a marketing department on its own is a sign it is like a solid business.
The fact that they are able to pay for a marketing is exactly the sign of professionalism and that they take seriously the user-adaption.

Every troll in this thread (except me) is an echo-chamber - just look at the amount of circle jerking taking place here when I am absent.  Roll Eyes
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:02:48 PM

Read this

tl;dr

What is the issue with premine/instamine etc?
You guys all the time are busy calling out those mines but what is the problem exactly with that? I do not get it despite I have tried to understand it for a couple of years..... Perhaps my IQ of over 100 is not capable to grasp the problem with it....?
AFAIK, Warren Buffet buys most of his investments secondary markets after the insta/premine of the stocks...?
TheFuzzStone
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442

thefuzzstone.github.io

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 03:16:36 PM

You guys all the time are busy calling out those mines but what is the problem exactly with that?

Nothing, all is ok  Undecided

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:21:39 PM

Dash has a community, and bear in mind, the sign of the community is not how many trolls are writing online.

Dash has the community equivalence of a freeway service area. That is to say on the surface it has the look and feel of a small town, but when you actually take a look around, the majority of its 'citizens' are either there temporarily (speculators) or simply are employees paid to be there; to operate the gas pumps, to keep the tiny streets clean, the logos polished, and the coffee and donuts flowing with a smile. It has no actual genuine citizens.

Monero on the other hand has the population of a small city. It isn't a product or a corporation. People are not being paid to live here. Sure it can be a little bit dirty at times. But it is is a movement defined by the enthusiasm of it's underlying social fabric, the political protections of it's underlying technological fabric, and the potential opportunities afforded by its speculative fabric.

You can't compare a product to a movement. It would be like comparing McDonalds to the US Constitution.
TheFuzzStone
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442

thefuzzstone.github.io

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 03:22:16 PM

Dear Monero-community, I hope this won't be useful for anyone, but...

If you will have some problems with Bittrex and you will open some ticket for support, you can choose two ways:

1.  Waiting few weeks for a response;

2.  Go into Bittrex-slack. Founded some very good feedbacks that problems were resolved within half an hour.

KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:30:39 PM

LOL.  Just LOL

I do not get it despite I have tried to understand it for a couple of years.....

Perhaps my IQ of over 100 of under 80 is not capable to grasp the problem with it....?

FTFY  Cheesy 

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:01:29 PM

Dash has the community equivalence of a freeway service area. That is to say on the surface it has the look and feel of a small town, but when you actually take a look around, the majority of its 'citizens' are either there temporarily (speculators) or simply are employees paid to be there; to operate the gas pumps, to keep the tiny streets clean, the logos polished, and the coffee and donuts flowing with a smile. It has no actual genuine citizens.

Monero on the other hand has the population of a small city. It isn't a product or a corporation. People are not being paid to live here. Sure it can be a little bit dirty at times. But it is is a movement defined by the enthusiasm of it's underlying social fabric, the political protections of it's underlying technological fabric, and the potential opportunities afforded by its speculative fabric.

You can't compare a product to a movement. It would be like comparing McDonalds to the US Constitution.

Dash is a professional project that have people working for it and they get paid, so what?

Monero is guys trading with Aminorex and circle jerking each other and nobody gets paid (perhaps Aminorex and a few others that are trading on Poloniex). Nothing wrong with people buying/selling from/to Aminorex but besides 1-2 vendors having occassional sales on Alphabay with Monero (probably annually 10-20 K usd worth of illegal stuff sold in Monero?) the usage of Monero is very limited.

I think buying FUCKs from Risto on Crypto Kingdom is bigger use case of Monero than buying stuff on Alphabay - correct me if I am wrong here. Does anyone have any statistics how much there is FUCKs selling on annual basis...?
rangedriver

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:26:05 PM

Dash is a professional project that have people working for it and they get paid, so what?

I wasn't taking issue with it being a professional project. I was taking issue with your assertion that it has a community.... which it hasn't.

Pay attention to the minutiae dumbass.

By the way, how the holy fuck can you not know what Bytecoin is?
BTCIV

Activity: 126
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:26:18 PM

Monero is guys trading with Aminorex and circle jerking each other and nobody gets paid (perhaps Aminorex and a few others that are trading on Poloniex). Nothing wrong with people buying/selling from/to Aminorex but besides 1-2 vendors having occassional sales on Alphabay with Monero (probably annually 10-20 K usd worth of illegal stuff sold in Monero?) the usage of Monero is very limited.

I think buying FUCKs from Risto on Crypto Kingdom is bigger use case of Monero than buying stuff on Alphabay - correct me if I am wrong here. Does anyone have any statistics how much there is FUCKs selling on annual basis...?

I am 100% sure that you are not that crazy to believe what you're actually writing.
You know beter that Monero is way ahead of Dash and cannot even compare both communities in terms of quality.

Monero is great , it could be and will be much greater in future but for now i don't even think about selling and i bought at 1-5$ range. So stfu pls
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:45:25 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 04:59:56 PM by TrueCryptonaire

LOL.  Just LOL

I do not get it despite I have tried to understand it for a couple of years.....

Perhaps my IQ of over 100 of under 80 is not capable to grasp the problem with it....?

FTFY  Cheesy  

Are these all the arguments you can give against premines, instamines etc?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:53:05 PM

Come on.  Let's at least finish the ICO before we start announcing masternodes and a DAO for Romero.
hughjays77

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:04:53 PM

Dear Monero-community, I hope this won't be useful for anyone, but...

If you will have some problems with Bittrex and you will open some ticket for support, you can choose two ways:

1.  Waiting few weeks for a response;

2.  Go into Bittrex-slack. Founded some very good feedbacks that problems were resolved within half an hour.

Thank you for sharing this.. I'm waiting a response since Friday (for a problem with my deposit) but maybe I have to choose the second way!

Anyway, when will finish this accumulation phase for Monero? I don't get how is possible that is stuck between 0.017-0.021 since April. This coin has huge potential, more than other pumped alt in these last months.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:55:27 PM

LOL.  Just LOL

FTFY  Cheesy  

Are these all the arguments you can give against premines, instamines etc?

All the arguments have been given ad nauseam.

So this is all we have left to give.

Trolling the trollers
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:21:24 PM

that's just wrong... have you been on the dash-subreddit, or in their slack channel... they're just echo-chambers... Dash has almost no community except their paid for fanboyz

When it comes to professionalism, Dash is in the level of Corporation when you compare it to Monero which is in the level of boiz playing in the garage and tuning their four-wheels. The fact that they have a marketing department on its own is a sign it is like a solid business.
The fact that they are able to pay for a marketing is exactly the sign of professionalism and that they take seriously the user-adaption.

Every troll in this thread (except me) is an echo-chamber - just look at the amount of circle jerking taking place here when I am absent.  Roll Eyes

That speaks more to the quality of discussion on this forum. The community on reddit.com/r/Monero has been steadily growing with 100+ new subscribers per day on average. Lots of new users learning about Monero and asking questions.

Monero Stack Exchange is also growing rapidly:
https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/98617/monero

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:28:15 PM

Any reason why are you letting him shill his coin again? He is shilling it in this thread for a year as long anyway want to talk to him about it. I really dont understand you people. Let him go post on their thread. Is full of posts.
Pages: « 1 ... 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 [1514] 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: