Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:41:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:37:12 AM

Crosspost:

XMR.TO introduces zero-confirmation, instant conversions.
We also added integrated addresses, and increased the maximum amount you can convert in one go to 20BTC.

Enjoy!

Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6klx4q/xmrto_introduces_zeroconfirmation_instant/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:21:48 AM

The WO thread just got locked.  Theymos want to solve the problem of the wonderful rudderless ship.

It was locked because the OP abandoned it and mods are tired of deleting all the off-topic posts.

That sets an interesting precedent.  Perhaps if users consistently report all the low-content, spam graphic heavy, and price speculation posts from the Dash [ANN] thread it will likewise be locked until someone volunteers to help move all the offending posts to the proper thread in the Speculation subforum....

Theymos is asking for a list of who might want to take over the old WO thread:

If option 1 or 3 occur, who are the candidates for new listed owner / mods? Someone please compile a list.

Let's see who steps up?

我想要火箭和火车
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:06:08 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 05:16:41 PM by Hueristic

The WO thread just got locked.  Theymos want to solve the problem of the wonderful rudderless ship.

It was locked because the OP abandoned it and mods are tired of deleting all the off-topic posts.

That sets an interesting precedent.  Perhaps if users consistently report all the low-content, spam graphic heavy, and price speculation posts from the Dash [ANN] thread it will likewise be locked until someone volunteers to help move all the offending posts to the proper thread in the Speculation subforum....

Theymos is asking for a list of who might want to take over the old WO thread:

If option 1 or 3 occur, who are the candidates for new listed owner / mods? Someone please compile a list.

Let's see who steps up?

There was so much trolling and counter trolling I couldn't figure out that thread anymore so I gave up reading it and don't think I even posted. It lost all speculative value along time ago for me, but turned into a kind of lounge with a ton of traffic for alot of members. This thread is like an Alt reflection of that one. Lol

Why would someone vote on that that doesn't engage in that thread?

So speaking of on topic, WTF is going on? I really expected a rebound by now.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:05:44 PM

Still people interested in Monero?  Huh
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:49:09 AM

Still people interested in Monero?  Huh

I am long on Monero for a long time.... Aren't you? If not, then why are you here?  Grin

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:03:26 AM

Now accessible over tor http://i2pexb2jcflvix52.onion !

Clearnet API available at http://i2pexb2jcflvix52.onion.to/api/
Documentation at http://i2pexb2jcflvix52.onion.to/en/api

great news,

I am curious since there has been discussion to add BCN since January of 2016, when will BCN be added?

In February 2016 it was said here that BCN would be added "soon," and I figured it would take a bit because at the time there were RAM issues and such.   However those have since been resolved and there is now Anoncoin, Zcash, Verge, Peercoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, ShadowCash, Dash, BATA, Feathercoin, NuShares, and Bitcoin being traded on exchanged.i2p.  (I submit that Dash should be removed for the following reasons -- http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/innovation/dash-adds-full-support-for-amlkyc-compliance-via-coinfirm/ )

Please advise when BCN will be added. 

Are there any cryptonote coins yet??? BCN is the original Cryptonote scam coin if you list that as the first crytonote then you can be assured your exchange will be tagged as scam. Think on that.

lulz, calm down.
You cant just make demands about what coins you want to see and have people take you serious.
You haven't even joined our IRC

So you know,

we will be accepting Monero when we get back up https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg19564801#msg19564801

Happy Trading Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 07:59:44 AM

Happy trade

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/8baLSzqV/

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:50:21 PM

A friend of mine and I were talking the other day about just this "WTF" situation overall in the crypto world lately.  He's the only other person I know in "real life" who is into crypto and we bounce stuff off each other all the time just to keep some semblance of a "reality check" in all this batshit crazy, LOL

And even with this "two heads are better than one" situation in theory, we both agreed that with respect to bitcoin, at least, we have no idea anymore what the hell is really going on. Things have gotten so far beyond what I ever would have expected "normal" to be, that we cannot make much heads or tails any longer... on any of it.

The large-block small-block segwit pro/con who is right who is wrong blah blah blah has just gotten so fucking stupid after over three years of who the fuck knows what real "manipulation" or control may or may not really be happening "behind the scenes" that we both decided we just know fuck-all for sure any more.  I'm pretty much giving up trying to "understand" anything anymore, past all the forum posts and etc, blogs, reddit (LOL) and etc.

On the other hand, to cope with this I've now gotten to the point of pretty much deciding the only way to deal with it is just HODL and hope for the best.

So, my overall mix of crypto portfolio is fairly balanced between bitcoin and alts, and one of the only things I still feel like I know "for sure" is that IF the overall idea of crypto currency is really worth *anything* at all in the long run?  Then -- barring another competitor showing up with even better or more secure tech than XMR some day -- MONERO simply MUST be a large part of that future, due to it being the only coin that's actually fully SOLVED the fungibility aspect, so far.

If this is true then XMR at $40-$50 today is still a steal, and if it's not true and if instead ALL crypto is doomed if bitcoin's gonna fail? Then it doesn't really matter what we try and do today: the only way OUT from here, in that case, would be to dump ALL cryptos and go fully all-in back to fucking FIAT money, LOL.

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:29:39 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2017, 09:44:47 PM by r0ach

The WO thread just got locked.  Theymos want to solve the problem of the wonderful rudderless ship.

Lauda is trying to turn the forum into a cuckold convention:

Most of the people that you are talking about are cancer, thus they are free to- and more than welcome to leave. Don't get me started on each individual, especially not r0ach.

WTF, I even googled "cuckold" and still have no clue what your trying to say.

Cuckolds = people who don't know stuff like this:

Yea, I read that a long time ago (although the math and economics in it are retarded).  You'll notice it pops up right after the conclusion of WW2 when the Marxist jews took over the world and cites people like (((Mayer Amschel Rothschild))) as some type of hero in the book. It's basically their new "protocols of the elders of zion" for modern times.  Whites in high positions go along with the Jew scheme thinking they're in some type of club, but nope; they're just useful idiot Shabbos Goys helping to prop up global Jewish enslavement.  Holocaust 2.0 coming soon.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:36:14 PM

I have r0ach on ignore - just watch out for his racist anti-semitic racist shit and tell him it's not welcome if he spouts it?

Call the fucker out, he is batshit crazy conspiracy theorist and doesn't even like cryptocurrency.

I can't believe he is posting here, I thought he only bothered BTC threads - maybe now ha can't troll the WO thread, he has no one to wind up?

我想要火箭和火车
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:36:27 PM

A friend of mine and I were talking the other day about just this "WTF" situation overall in the crypto world lately.  He's the only other person I know in "real life" who is into crypto and we bounce stuff off each other all the time just to keep some semblance of a "reality check" in all this batshit crazy, LOL

And even with this "two heads are better than one" situation in theory, we both agreed that with respect to bitcoin, at least, we have no idea anymore what the hell is really going on. Things have gotten so far beyond what I ever would have expected "normal" to be, that we cannot make much heads or tails any longer... on any of it.

The large-block small-block segwit pro/con who is right who is wrong blah blah blah has just gotten so fucking stupid after over three years of who the fuck knows what real "manipulation" or control may or may not really be happening "behind the scenes" that we both decided we just know fuck-all for sure any more.  I'm pretty much giving up trying to "understand" anything anymore, past all the forum posts and etc, blogs, reddit (LOL) and etc.

On the other hand, to cope with this I've now gotten to the point of pretty much deciding the only way to deal with it is just HODL and hope for the best.

So, my overall mix of crypto portfolio is fairly balanced between bitcoin and alts, and one of the only things I still feel like I know "for sure" is that IF the overall idea of crypto currency is really worth *anything* at all in the long run?  Then -- barring another competitor showing up with even better or more secure tech than XMR some day -- MONERO simply MUST be a large part of that future, due to it being the only coin that's actually fully SOLVED the fungibility aspect, so far.

If this is true then XMR at $40-$50 today is still a steal, and if it's not true and if instead ALL crypto is doomed if bitcoin's gonna fail? Then it doesn't really matter what we try and do today: the only way OUT from here, in that case, would be to dump ALL cryptos and go fully all-in back to fucking FIAT money, LOL.

You nailed it man! In thought I knew a few things but the longer I do this the more I find out I don't know shit! Cheesy

The WO thread just got locked.  Theymos want to solve the problem of the wonderful rudderless ship.

Lauda is trying to turn the forum into a cuckold convention:

Most of the people that you are talking about are cancer, thus they are free to- and more than welcome to leave. Don't get me started on each individual, especially not r0ach.

WTF, I even googled "cuckold" and still have no clue what your trying to say.

Cuckolds = people who don't know stuff like this:

Yea, I read that a long time ago.  You'll notice it pops up right after the conclusion of WW2 when the Marxist jews took over the world and cites people like (((Mayer Amschel Rothschild))) as some type of hero in the book.
It's basically their new "protocols of the elders of zion" for modern times.  Whites in high positions go along with the Jew scheme thinking they're in some type of club, but nope; they're just useful idiot Shabbos Goys helping to prop up global Jewish enslavement.  Holocaust 2.0 coming soon.

W0w, OK I'm officially never going to talk politics with you! I think you may be officially off your rocker. Tongue

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:52:36 PM

(Blah blah conspiracy paranoia from r0ach's sick library) Holocaust 2.0 coming soon.

W0w, OK I'm officially never going to talk politics with you! I think you may be officially off your rocker. Tongue

I was at Auschwitz / Birkenau 2 weeks ago because I was in Krakow and I wanted to witness just how sick the nazis were for myself.

r0ach wants to do it all over again - I am beyond words.  This is criminally psychopathic, genocidal shit - he is the scum of the earth.

If I was ever in a room with him, I would not be able to stop myself, I hope I never am.  But then he probably lives in his mother's basement so thankfully it's unlikely.

我想要火箭和火车
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:07:28 PM

Let's keep the politics off THIS thread (unless it is politics related to the value of Monero or related coins)
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:10:37 PM

Sorry all - but I am unable to stand by and let this sort of thing be considered 'OK' to say.

I feel speaking up and calling out a racist neo-nazi advocating genocide is simply a humanitarian duty.  I think if we ignore the lessons of history we are destined to repeat it and I fear if no one speaks out, we will.

It's not about cryptocurrency it's not even about politics, it's about humanity, decency and morality.

End of.

我想要火箭和火车
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:00:41 PM

I am beyond words. 

What would it require for you to be disgusted enough to dump some Monero down to the 38% retracement?

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:02:35 PM

Sorry all - but I am unable to stand by and let this sort of thing be considered 'OK' to say.

I feel speaking up and calling out a racist neo-nazi advocating genocide is simply a humanitarian duty.  I think if we ignore the lessons of history we are destined to repeat it and I fear if no one speaks out, we will.

It's not about cryptocurrency it's not even about politics, it's about humanity, decency and morality.

End of.

You are all right! This guy (roach) is a disgusting piece of shit. Just ignore him, imo he stand agains everything crypto stands for.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:06:15 PM

You are all right! This guy (roach) is a disgusting piece of shit. Just ignore him, imo he stand agains everything crypto stands for.

A linked list with a get rich quick scheme built on top of it?

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
bitstomake

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:59:56 AM

Vigens

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:55:45 AM

Grin Grin keep it up
Liquid71

Activity: 835

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:59:47 AM

Tone Vays did a pretty good technical analysis of the price and looks like it's ready to go up big against BTC and Fiat. He's been pretty good on predicting Bitcoin past few years, so thought it was worth mentioning. If it was mentioned already, sorry don't have the time to read through the thread. Did have some time to stock pile XMR though   Wink 

Pages: « 1 ... 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: