Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:50:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 [1472] 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312387 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Igor76200

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:06:05 AM

Monero WILL suffer from insider trading suspicion. Which is only legitimate and logical after this.
Especially when it's impossible to know who benefited from the manipulation. Thanks to the main feature of the currency.

So one question remain : is FluffyPonzi stupid or a liar ?

The rest of XMR devs have to tell Fluffy to step back. And Fluffy have to give excuses.
That is the least they could do as for now.

Crypto.com wallet and card app.
Subscribe using my link and get a 50$ sign-up bonus. Welcome.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:07:06 AM

I'm personally still trying to digest all of this and figure out what it means, long term, and FWIW, I HAVE NOT SOLD ANY OF MY XMR (yet?) DUE TO THIS...

But ONE THING is for DAMN sure...

People Are Going To Be Talking About This For YEARS...!  

This too, shall pass.

I might occasionally buy high, but I sure as hell don't sell low  Wink 
Zegra

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:12:45 AM

Also, I guess some Monero programmers get donations in XMR for their time by the community? Bit disrespectful to them unless price restores quickly. Fluffy is already rich so it's easy for him not to be affected.

Agree on the narrow point. But looking at things more broadly...

Do you realize that the Monero price is about where it was before the 'pre-announcement'? Or that Monero has fallen today less than Ripple or Stellar or Zcash?

I'll let iCEBREAKER explain it to you since he does it better, but 'anti fragile' means that if anything fluffypony says or matters all that much, we're doing something wrong. Fortunately, it doesn't.

(And to the extent that this stunt makes what he says or does matter even less, we're doing something right.)

Yes I realize that. But it's only been a few hours since the "news". The vast majority of the monero holders hasn't heard of it yet. How do we know this is the bottom?

I do THINK this is the bottom too. But seeing the price now is not enough to say "it's only at pre-announcement levels", we can only know for sure in a few days.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:12:54 AM

The more I see him the more I feel like he's going to fuck me in the ass.

Maybe, but probably less than average for crypto, even though the others might dress it up with (non-ironic) pretty videos and corporate 'partnerships'.

If you're can't handle the snake pit, crypto is not the place for you. One community is willing to tell you that. The rest will give you a sweet kiss while they pickpocket you. You decide which are the real scammers.

People Are Going To Be Talking About This For YEARS...!  

We can only hope.
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:15:37 AM

Also, I guess some Monero programmers get donations in XMR for their time by the community? Bit disrespectful to them unless price restores quickly. Fluffy is already rich so it's easy for him not to be affected.

Do you realize that the Monero price is about where it was before the 'pre-announcement'? Or that Monero has fallen today less than Ripple or Stellar or Zcash?

I'll let iCEBREAKER explain it to you since he does it better, but 'anti fragile' means that if anything fluffypony says or matters all that much, we're doing something wrong. Fortunately, it doesn't.

(And to the extent that this stunt makes what he says or does matter even less, we're doing something right.)

You can try to make the point that the price is still above the pre-announcement levels but, look at the trajectory, have you seen the number of very loyal people just selling their Monero and pledging not to come back?  There are a lot of people that were F'd with today and they won't forget it.

The question has been asked if the rest of the dev team supports this kind of action and if we can expect more leaders shooting themselves and US in the foot?  I think it's an important thing for all of us to know and understand. Speak up developers!
Zegra

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:16:00 AM

So one question remain : is FluffyPonzi stupid or a liar ?

I think none of both. More like megalomanical... fueled by all the people constantly kissing his feet.

I suspect there will be talked about this a lot internally with strong disagreements. Doubt this was a good move. I mean, the project went well, this was unnecessary.
Igor76200

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:20:05 AM

Maybe, but probably less than average for crypto, even though the others might dress it up with (non-ironic) pretty videos and corporate 'partnerships'.

If you're can't handle the snake pit, crypto is not the place for you. One community is willing to tell you that. The rest will give you a sweet kiss while they pickpocket you. You decide which are the real scammers.

What's the meaning of this ?
https://twitter.com/fluffyponyza/status/867521184765816833

Other devs from Monero better tell him to shut his mouth. Supposing they're not the same ?

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:21:23 AM

You can try to make the point that the price is still above the pre-announcement levels but, look at the trajectory, have you seen the number of very loyal people just selling their Monero and pledging not to come back?  There are a lot of people that were F'd with today and they won't forget it.

The question has been asked if the rest of the dev team supports this kind of action and if we can expect more leaders shooting themselves and US in the foot?  I think it's an important thing for all of us to know and understand. Speak up developers!

THIS.... AGAIN... CAN YOU SPEAK FLUFFY?? FFS.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:22:33 AM

You can try to make the point that the price is still above the pre-announcement levels but, look at the trajectory, have you seen the number of very loyal people just selling their Monero and pledging not to come back?  There are a lot of people that were F'd with today and they won't forget it.

The trajectory is that all coins are getting dumped because there is a decent correlation between alts and USD, so BTC up tends to mean alts down for the most part (long-standing for at least a year or so).

If the value of a coin can be dramatically affected by a prank I doubt it has much value to begin with. That's my view.

The question has been asked if the rest of the dev team supports this kind of action and if we can expect more leaders shooting themselves and US in the foot?  I think it's an important thing for all of us to know and understand. Speak up developers!

Personally, it wouldn't be something I would do. I think protesting against speculation and hype is actually being too affected by it and I prefer to ignore it all and focus on what I think is important. But that isn't what matters because I'm not fluffypony. I'm sure there are things I would do that he wouldn't.
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:23:57 AM

I'm still in shock. This is a black swan if I've ever seen one. Fluffy is a baller. Not even mad.
OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:26:06 AM

The trajectory is that all coins are getting dumped because there is a decent correlation between alts and USD, so BTC up tends to mean alts down for the most part (long-standing for at least a year or so).

You must've been trading in a different universe lately.

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:27:42 AM

If you're can't handle the snake pit, crypto is not the place for you. One community is willing to tell you that. The rest will give you a sweet kiss while they pickpocket you. You decide which are the real scammers.[/size]

They both are.  Now...

"If you can't handle the snake pit then crypto is not for you..."

Your own words put this project square in the middle of the snake pit.

Even if I did believe the idealism was the motive, and my mind is not made up... it was a foolish mistake.

On the other hand if a single other person involved new this play before it happened.  (In fact there does not have to be another person.)

S C A M.  Period.

Period.

I am taking a principled stand by posting this.  I know it does not endear me to the insiders or the dev team, or the faithful.  But I am saying what I believe.  

Fuck around with peoples money and then laugh at them for trusting you...  Say things like: "Crypto's not for you".

You are either a thief, or defending the indefensible.
Igor76200

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:35:32 AM

I hope you guys will not suffer collateral damages from companies that were plausibly working on XMR integration. Jaxx, Coinbase and so on.
I'll say it again even if some people here do not like it, people in companies that do this go to jail. That brings too much suspicion about insider operations.

That FluffyImbecile is probably proud of himself making a 100 million dollar pump on a tweet, but if there is any sane person left in Monero you better speak out against him.

Now fuck. Won't be posting longer here. Good luck still.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:39:42 AM

If you're can't handle the snake pit, crypto is not the place for you. One community is willing to tell you that. The rest will give you a sweet kiss while they pickpocket you. You decide which are the real scammers.[/size]

They both are.  Now...

"If you can't handle the snake pit then crypto is not for you..."

Your own words put this project square in the middle of the snake pit.

Even if I did believe the idealism was the motive, and my mind is not made up... it was a foolish mistake.

On the other hand if a single other person involved new this play before it happened.  (In fact there does not have to be another person.)

S C A M.  Period.

Period.

I am taking a principled stand by posting this.  I know it does not endear me to the insiders or the dev team, or the faithful.  But I am saying what I believe.  

Fuck around with peoples money and then laugh at them for trusting you...  Say things like: "Crypto's not for you".

You are either a thief, or defending the indefensible.

Thank you sir for summarizing these pathetic pieces of shit who wasted our lives and our money. Fuck you Monero, you dug your own grave and fuck you Ric again. Scammer.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
paratox

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:42:18 AM

If people weren't greedy , this whole thing would have gone differently. If people would have just waited until they knew what the announcement is about, nobodies finance would have gotten hurt.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:46:25 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6d6wyt/reminder_monero_is_not_a_dictatorship/

Just a few sentences.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 02:47:25 AM

If the value of a coin can be dramatically affected by a prank I doubt it has much value to begin with. That's my view.

Personally, it wouldn't be something I would do. I think protesting against speculation and hype is actually being too affected by it and I prefer to ignore it all and focus on what I think is important. But that isn't what matters because I'm not fluffypony. I'm sure there are things I would do that he wouldn't.

The value of a coin was just dramatically affected by the most unprofessional prank I have seen in the years I have been following crypto. Riccardo Spagni owes the community an apology. I doubt his words will be given much weight from here on out. This day will not be forgotten easily.

CTTE

Activity: 227

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:51:44 AM

If people weren't greedy , this whole thing would have gone differently. If people would have just waited until they knew what the announcement is about, nobodies finance would have gotten hurt.

That is an absolute "untruth"! I didn't change anything coming up to the "announcement" that I wasn't doing regularly. A bit of swing trading buying dips and selling peaks but miniscule amounts like 100-200 monero at a time.  But I hold a fair amount (for me) and the loss of value of my holdings was excessive, like almost a year's salary!

So, how does that not hurt!
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:52:07 AM

really sad how all this turned arround.

how fucked up is that Shocked

im not sure i can and want to contribute to this project anymore.

when we did the gui release, we always tried to keep fronrunning at a minimum and keep it correct, becasue it would bring shame over all the contributors if there is obvious insider action.

now you invite the twitter idiot whalepanda and friends to short against the most vulnerable monero members, the new noobs that joined just 2017 ?
just to teach them a lesson they would learn by themselfs anyway ?

you put shame over all of us today.

im dissapointed and kinda start to hope monero stays the fuck hobby project you guys want it to be so badly.

XMR Monero
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:52:31 AM

The value of a coin was just dramatically affected by the most unprofessional prank I have seen in the years I have been following crypto. Riccardo Spagni owes the community an apology. I doubt his words will be given much weight from here on out. This day will not be forgotten easily.

An apology?  Fuck that.

He owes them $100 million.

That is not pretend money.  He intentionally set fire to other peoples money in the name of his ideals.
Pages: « 1 ... 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 [1472] 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: