Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:01:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 [2001] 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 12:15:59 PM

Shit, wish I had waited to buy last week.
Well there is always this week. Smiley

Also next week?  Probably?

Maybe, depends on Bitcoin.  I have a couple of XMR buys further down in both USD and BTC pairs, but it seems $40 is the new $50 XMR/USD resistance level, for now and we may have seen the worst (unless Bitcoin dives again).

I think there will still be uncertainty and possible lower lows in BTC until end of January, unless there is a BAAKT 'bump' coming.

我想要火箭和火车

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:35:24 PM

Dash is just a Bitcoin clone with discarded technology on top of a ponzi scheme (masternodes).

Monero, on the other hand, is unique both in code and features, and basically got all the main fundamental points right, btw, Articmine videos on youtube are some of the best explanations of the economics of Monero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EKuEfOI86I   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECqcf-Nyjmw

monero is just a bytecoin clone  Smiley lol

Yeah, except for the GUI, RingCT, bulletproofs, updated PoW algorithm, LMDB, mandatory minimum ring size and decoy selection that doesn't completely suck to the point of being useless, and a million other things that actually make it not shit.

you don't make any sense ~ it's based off Bytecoin period. Smiley get over it.

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gembitz

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:36:48 PM

And an awesome community...  I mean compared to BTC, XMR's community is less uptight and more easy going...  And less taking themselves seriously.  Seriously.  Grin

bwaahaha ya right wheras fat unicorn pony is prolly a undercover cop Smiley lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gembitz

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:39:04 PM

Is this coin dead? Asking for a friend.  Cool  #gitlab when?

==================================>>
[10:31] == LEGENDOFOWLZZZ [42d6ea73@gateway/web/freenode/ip.1.127.1337.1337] has joined #monero-dev
[10:31] <LEGENDOFOWLZZZ> WHEN GITLABZZZ
[10:31] <LEGENDOFOWLZZZ> ?
[10:31] <@fluffypony> LEGENDOFOWLZZZ: no.
[10:32] <LEGENDOFOWLZZZ> YES MAN
[10:32] <LEGENDOFOWLZZZ> I DID
[10:32] <LEGENDOFOWLZZZ> FOR U
 >_>
[10:33] == mode/#monero-dev [+b LEGENDOFOWLZZZ*!*@*] by fluffypony
[10:33] == LEGENDOFOWLZZZ was kicked from #monero-dev by fluffypony [I said no.]

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

-------------------------------------------------------------------
#gitlab is where most open source projects are moving to!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

What actually happened:

SAVE US!! Smiley LOL

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:53:50 PM

Maybe, depends on Bitcoin.  I have a couple of XMR buys further down in both USD and BTC pairs, but it seems $40 is the new $50 XMR/USD resistance level, for now and we may have seen the worst (unless Bitcoin dives again).

I think there will still be uncertainty and possible lower lows in BTC until end of January, unless there is a BAAKT 'bump' coming.

Bakkt continues to be a wildcard.  With Caitlin Long and her constant rehypothication/comingling warnings about Wall Street's arrival as well as other things I think it has muted any front-running of price rise.  I still cant figure if her constant warnings are purely cautionary or if there is a fud aspect.  So I think the market is spooked there, as we are pricing in the sentiment that ETFs are NOT coming any time soon.  I think once BAKKT and others are up and running we will see the real effects.  And I think as usual this will echo in the Monero market.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 03:13:51 PM

And an awesome community...  I mean compared to BTC, XMR's community is less uptight and more easy going...  And less taking themselves seriously.  Seriously.  Grin

My grandma can do better trolling than you bud.  Try harder.  Smiley

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:28:35 PM

Bakkt continues to be a wildcard.  With Caitlin Long and her constant rehypothication/comingling warnings about Wall Street's arrival as well as other things I think it has muted any front-running of price rise.  I still cant figure if her constant warnings are purely cautionary or if there is a fud aspect.  So I think the market is spooked there, as we are pricing in the sentiment that ETFs are NOT coming any time soon.  I think once BAKKT and others are up and running we will see the real effects.  And I think as usual this will echo in the Monero market.

I think Caitlin Long has a point - and if you've see her talking on it, it's pretty convincing.  I do think the crypto market is equivocal about it, I am not personally convinced it will be 'all good' either.   Yes, it involves real bitcoin, unlike the CME /CBOE futures and therefore should draw coins from the market.  However, the habitual rehypothecation habits those behind BAKKT are used to are real - and these habits, if applied - risk challenging part of the the value proposition Bitcoin offers; that of it being hard money with a verifiable, fixed and limited supply.

I would like to think it will help Monero, but Monero is still in a crypto market driven by Bitcoin, so if BAKKT is bad for Bitcoin, then even if Monero is not part of it, it won't help.

Let's hope BAKKT is a positive, we can only wait and to see.

我想要火箭和火车
gembitz

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:40:40 PM

My grandma can do better trolling than you bud.  Try harder.  Smiley

your grandma a hodler? Smiley lol

H.W.P

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:44:19 PM

I decided that I would sell all my Monero coins and buy Ethereum, it seems to me that it is much more promising and will be able to show much more growth than Monero does. Which coin do you think is stronger? Something I stopped believing in Monero, too many competitors.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:12:23 AM

I decided that I would sell all my Monero coins and buy Ethereum, it seems to me that it is much more promising and will be able to show much more growth than Monero does. Which coin do you think is stronger? Something I stopped believing in Monero, too many competitors.

Like there are not enough asset platforms as Ethereum? Probably there are 100. Everything have competition. I dont believe Monero have that much competition.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:50:04 AM
Merited by lethos3 (1)

I stopped believing in Monero, too many competitors.

LOL  Grin   Ummmm yeah. What Febo said.

There’s prob a half dozen other projects that want to be ETH (want to replace it) but if you really understand exactly WHAT it is precisely that Monero does (and HOW it does it) then it’s abundantly CLEAR AND OBVIOUS that there’s nothing AT ALL like Monero out there, XMR is quite unique.

Try again.

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 04:19:13 AM

Also next week?  Probably?

Maybe, depends on Bitcoin.  I have a couple of XMR buys further down in both USD and BTC pairs, but it seems $40 is the new $50 XMR/USD resistance level, for now and we may have seen the worst (unless Bitcoin dives again).

I think Caitlin Long has a point - and if you've see her talking on it, it's pretty convincing.  I do think the crypto market is equivocal about it, I am not personally convinced it will be 'all good' either.   Yes, it involves real bitcoin, unlike the CME /CBOE futures and therefore should draw coins from the market.  However, the habitual rehypothecation habits those behind BAKKT are used to are real - and these habits, if applied - risk challenging part of the the value proposition Bitcoin offers; that of it being hard money with a verifiable, fixed and limited supply.

I would like to think it will help Monero, but Monero is still in a crypto market driven by Bitcoin, so if BAKKT is bad for Bitcoin, then even if Monero is not part of it, it won't help.

Yes, it seems we see this very similarly. As to Caitlin Long... I feel like she often plays the blockchain vs. Bitcoin game a little more than I like. The constant talk about how blockchain is going to revolutionize the financial world, but then in other interviews acting sort of like a Bitcoin maximalist. It makes me think she almost is saying what is expedient in that moment. On the other hand I think she brings a level of intelligence, professionalism, and Wall Street Experience to the discourse that very few others have. So I judge her message similar to her person... kind of mixed - kind of unpredictable and it makes me just slightly suspicious at times that she could even be some sort of industry plant spreading a little bit of fud to make the markets sort of look the other way while... Well I don't know... I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 06:59:04 PM

https://www.blockchaintransparency.org/

It sort of makes sense that top exchanges from 1-2 years ago now just cant be rank 50.  It is logical they just cant lose so much compared to new ones unless they would do something really wrong. 

Monero is missed on Coinbase, Bitstamp, bitFlyer and Gemini.
XMR2020

Activity: 45
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:17:43 PM

Have you done any fundamental analysis on appcoins? I'd love to see what you come up with because every fundamental analysis I've seen supports the near-universal conclusions that ETH is overvalued even at current price levels.

https://medium.com/john-pfeffer/an-institutional-investors-take-on-cryptoassets-690421158904
https://blog.bitmex.com/ether-a-double-digit-shitcoin/
https://research.bloomberg.com/pub/res/d37g1yWebn9LbRbS09rquSuSoDQ

World computer and D-apps are nonsense and there just isn't any money in crypto kitties. However, It'll have a few pump and dumps before the price falls in line with fundamentals, maybe you'll get lucky and time it right.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 08:09:05 PM

You are a moron, that ship is sinking to never come back.
But you are only in it for the profits so Bye bye. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
H.W.P

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:14:08 PM

Monero is a very speculative tool and I think that next year it can fall very badly, there are networks much better than monero and many switches to them. I left 10% of my tokens in case there would suddenly be a strong increase, and I almost sold everything.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:34:42 PM

Fuk, just missed the dump to .0120.
Couldn't put a bid in while I was away.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 12:02:15 AM

You are a moron, that ship is sinking to never come back.
But you are only in it for the profits so Bye bye. Smiley

Hindsight is always 20/20 my friend.  I remember a certain someone not being able to pull the trigger on cheap sub $5 coins before the alphabay pump Smiley
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 12:21:54 AM

Bakkt continues to be a wildcard.  With Caitlin Long and her constant rehypothication/comingling warnings about Wall Street's arrival as well as other things I think it has muted any front-running of price rise.  I still cant figure if her constant warnings are purely cautionary or if there is a fud aspect.  So I think the market is spooked there, as we are pricing in the sentiment that ETFs are NOT coming any time soon.  I think once BAKKT and others are up and running we will see the real effects.  And I think as usual this will echo in the Monero market.

I think Caitlin Long has a point - and if you've see her talking on it, it's pretty convincing.  I do think the crypto market is equivocal about it, I am not personally convinced it will be 'all good' either.   Yes it involves real bitcoin, unlike the CME /CBOE futures and therefore should draw coins from the market.  However, the habitual rehypothecation habits those behind BAKKT are used to are real - and these habits, if applied - risk challenging part of the the value proposition Bitcoin offers; that of it being hard money with a verifiable, fixed and limited supply.

Yes, it seems we see this very similarly. As to Caitlin Long... I feel like she often plays the blockchain vs. Bitcoin game a little more than I like. The constant talk about how blockchain is going to revolutionize the financial world, but then in other interviews acting sort of like a Bitcoin maximalist. It makes me think she almost is saying what is expedient in that moment. On the other hand I think she brings a level of intelligence, professionalism, and Wall Street Experience to the discourse that very few others have. So I judge her message similar to her person... kind of mixed - kind of unpredictable and it makes me just slightly suspicious at times that she could even be some sort of industry plant spreading a little bit of fud to make the markets sort of look the other way while... Well I don't know... I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist.

Hey - I am not going to judge a fellow OG with the same fears as I have Wink

I think Caitlin's a pretty square old school banker (she was a big cheese in merchant banking) who went a little bit 'rogue'. So I listen, but sure - with a small pinch of salt.

I think she is used to being combative and effective... but she is flagging up banker scam-thinking and so is worth a listen.  We're talking about it - and maybe a little more sceptically because of her, so she is at least doing some good.  Her POV is at least a contrary one and a thought provoking.

BAKKT aside; bigger picture:  

Basically, we are hodling and passing through dark times.  It is tough.  We may, or may not be right.  But if we are right, these will be the times we will feel vindicated by.

I am betting (and buying) on a gut feeling we are right.  So are you (you're still here, right?) and it's too late to sell at the top, too late for pointless hindsight. Now we can only take the pain, sit it out and find out.

If it works out, we will have EARNED the right to feel smug as fuck that we were right all along.

And I think we are right.

I bought Monero from the earliest point it was possible to and just kept going because I believed in it.  I cost averaged down by buying more when it dropped, I traded the hell out of it to get more and in the end it came through beyond my wildest dreams. Bitcoin the same.  

One I thing I have learned is that is keeping cool and sticking to what you know is fundamentally of value is what worked for me and so I have no reason to change that strategy anytime soon.

The next couple of months will be a great buying opportunity for those with the balls to take it.

我想要火箭和火车
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:18:52 AM

ETH and Monero is different but i would say that it is a mistake on letting go all of your XMR.

Fuk, just missed the dump to .0120.
Couldn't put a bid in while I was away.
Same situation.Got stressed thinking up that opportunity due to some reasons.I missed another chance.  Cry

Pages: « 1 ... 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 [2001] 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: