Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:49:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 [2002] 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312367 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:36:05 AM

Fuk, just missed the dump to .0120.
Couldn't put a bid in while I was away.

something went very wrong here? :\ hmmm

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1241

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 06:00:54 AM

I'm really starting to dig XMR... I think this coin has a pretty bright future a head of it.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:50:48 AM

I'm really starting to dig XMR... I think this coin has a pretty bright future a head of it.

Welcome BAC. Yep it's a decent coin - you will find it has fans in all the right places for good reasons.  The whole market is tough right now of course, but the cream will rise once the shakeout is done.   

And IMHO Monero is about as creamy as it gets - but make your own mind up of course. Plenty to read out there - it's a big community.

我想要火箭和火车
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:37:27 PM

Monero is a very speculative tool and I think that next year it can fall very badly, there are networks much better than monero and many switches to them. I left 10% of my tokens in case there would suddenly be a strong increase, and I almost sold everything.

And which 'much better networks' are those?  Please say Zcash, cos I haven't had a hard laugh this past few days yet.  So I really need one pretty pretty badly.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
byebyehi

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:03:38 PM

I'm so depressed I invested in this shitcoin.  The mr shit monero only drops in price and probably won't be long until its 2 dollars in price.
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:09:19 PM

I decided that I would sell all my Monero coins and buy Ethereum, it seems to me that it is much more promising and will be able to show much more growth than Monero does. Which coin do you think is stronger? Something I stopped believing in Monero, too many competitors.

I used to be optimistic but there is really no future for Monero, there are just too many other altcoins that can do privacy.  Wish I sold earlier but I dumped the rest I had because I don't want to hold this all the way down to near zero.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:03:40 PM

I decided that I would sell all my Monero coins and buy Ethereum, it seems to me that it is much more promising and will be able to show much more growth than Monero does. Which coin do you think is stronger? Something I stopped believing in Monero, too many competitors.

I used to be optimistic but there is really no future for Monero, there are just too many other altcoins that can do privacy.  Wish I sold earlier but I dumped the rest I had because I don't want to hold this all the way down to near zero.

Lol, On the next Parabolic rise you will be FOMOing your ass off. NO other coin can match Moneros privacy, as a matter of fact none even come close and most aren't even fungible. These shitcoins that call themselfs private don't even understand the word fungible.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:49:27 PM

Basically, we are hodling and passing through dark times.  It is tough.  We may, or may not be right.  But if we are right, these will be the times we will feel vindicated by.

I am betting (and buying) on a gut feeling we are right.  So are you (you're still here, right?) and it's too late to sell at the top, too late for pointless hindsight. Now we can only take the pain, sit it out and find out.

If it works out, we will have EARNED the right to feel smug as fuck that we were right all along.

And I think we are right.

OMG kurious, this this this a thousand times THIS.  Thank you for saying it, resonated with me *bigly* right now.

Personally I'm basically fully OUT of crypto now, and looking back on last up/down crazy-ass cycle we are now emerging out of, I've decided to just look at it all as the last, final, "practice run" before the REAL SHOW will begin.

I watched the crypto run from $100 to $1,000 the first time.
I participated in the run from $1,000 to $10,000 second time (overshot to $20K yeah but really it should've been "only" 10k)

WHEN not IF this all goes *whoosh boom* again, it'll be the second-to-last 10-bagger mooning and cycle will be 10K to 100K (the 100K to 1Million theoretical run may not ever happen, IMO)

So THAT is the ONE we-all gotta be prepped ready aware awake and fully on our TOES to take advantage of.

And when it comes and I'm playin' it like a boss... goddamn you better fucking BELIEVE Ima be fucking SMUG as HELL about it.  LOL

Grin

P.S. There was a time once, long long ago 'way back in the mists of time when I actually owned a wallet that held 1,000 Monero: please keep up this retracement HoneyPony! I am hopeful I will once again be able to afford to replace that stack  Grin

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Butterscotch Cartman

Activity: 108
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:12:59 PM

The game is over, there are no more greater fools left to buy.  These digital beanie babies are going down to ZERO.
Emel-Hmel

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:14:19 PM

This coin looked very promising a few months ago. But at the moment the government of many countries says that private coins may be prohibited.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Veseloff

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:49:36 PM

This coin looked very promising a few months ago. But at the moment the government of many countries says that private coins may be prohibited.

Yes, I am also embarrassed by this moment, so I sold most of my assets and I see no reason to keep this coin for a long time, I think the part I left is enough if suddenly there is a strong growth.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:20:03 PM

I dont believe such things can change in few months. Such fears were last year and will be next year.  But any government that will try to do something like that will have problems with their laws. Ofcourse laws take some time. But at the end they will win. Monero is luckily decentralized so no government can hurt it really bad.  
byebyehi

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:25:28 AM

monero shitcoin dropping like a rock, out of the top 10 with pathetic daily volume

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 03:46:22 AM

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18690492

Tim May Died  Sad

Can't think of anyone who embodied more, save Satoshi, the libertarian ideals that founded cryptocurencies.

Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 04:33:05 AM

crying baby words

This is what happens when you have no vision, no patience and only act on greed emotions

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 04:38:16 AM

Shit, wish I had waited to buy last week.
Well there is always this week. Smiley

Also next week?  Probably?

Maybe, depends on Bitcoin.  I have a couple of XMR buys further down in both USD and BTC pairs, but it seems $40 is the new $50 XMR/USD resistance level, for now and we may have seen the worst (unless Bitcoin dives again).

I think there will still be uncertainty and possible lower lows in BTC until end of January, unless there is a BAAKT 'bump' coming.

Bakkt continues to be a wildcard.  With Caitlin Long and her constant rehypothication/comingling warnings about Wall Street's arrival as well as other things I think it has muted any front-running of price rise.  I still cant figure if her constant warnings are purely cautionary or if there is a fud aspect.  So I think the market is spooked there, as we are pricing in the sentiment that ETFs are NOT coming any time soon.  I think once BAKKT and others are up and running we will see the real effects.  And I think as usual this will echo in the Monero market.

I think Caitlin Long has a point - and if you've see her talking on it, it's pretty convincing.  I do think the crypto market is equivocal about it, I am not personally convinced it will be 'all good' either.   Yes, it involves real bitcoin, unlike the CME /CBOE futures and therefore should draw coins from the market.  However, the habitual rehypothecation habits those behind BAKKT are used to are real - and these habits, if applied - risk challenging part of the the value proposition Bitcoin offers; that of it being hard money with a verifiable, fixed and limited supply.

I would like to think it will help Monero, but Monero is still in a crypto market driven by Bitcoin, so if BAKKT is bad for Bitcoin, then even if Monero is not part of it, it won't help.

Let's hope BAKKT is a positive, we can only wait and to see.

Yes, it seems we see this very similarly. As to Caitlin Long... I feel like she often plays the blockchain vs. Bitcoin game a little more than I like. The constant talk about how blockchain is going to revolutionize the financial world, but then in other interviews acting sort of like a Bitcoin maximalist. It makes me think she almost is saying what is expedient in that moment. On the other hand I think she brings a level of intelligence, professionalism, and Wall Street Experience to the discourse that very few others have. So I judge her message similar to her person... kind of mixed - kind of unpredictable and it makes me just slightly suspicious at times that she could even be some sort of industry plant spreading a little bit of fud to make the markets sort of look the other way while... Well I don't know... I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist.

Am I reading this whole BAKKT thing right? 

> Formed with the purpose of bringing trust, efficiency and commerce to digital assets, Bakkt seeks to develop open technology to connect existing market and merchant infrastructure to the blockchain.

Its hilarious. Bringing trust to trustless assets. Bringing efficiency to the most efficient form of money that exists. Perhaps the only thing it could bring is commerce.

Much like a lot of other malarkey I read, this just seems to be another "Dinosaurs try to build something so they can work with new technology".

Whats even more hilarious is that these things (monero, bitcoin) are *incredibly* easy to use at the personal level. Its just when you get the institutions involved that things get really complicated.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
joroz

Activity: 62
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:13:50 AM

Much like a lot of other malarkey I read, this just seems to be another "Dinosaurs try to build something so they can work with new technology".

I love the image of dinosaurs hurriedly knitting sweaters just before the ice age hits.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:34:16 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Basically, we are hodling and passing through dark times.  It is tough.  We may, or may not be right.  But if we are right, these will be the times we will feel vindicated by.

I am betting (and buying) on a gut feeling we are right.  So are you (you're still here, right?) and it's too late to sell at the top, too late for pointless hindsight. Now we can only take the pain, sit it out and find out.

If it works out, we will have EARNED the right to feel smug as fuck that we were right all along.

And I think we are right.

OMG kurious, this this this a thousand times THIS.  Thank you for saying it, resonated with me *bigly* right now.

Personally I'm basically fully OUT of crypto now, and looking back on last up/down crazy-ass cycle we are now emerging out of, I've decided to just look at it all as the last, final, "practice run" before the REAL SHOW will begin.

I watched the crypto run from $100 to $1,000 the first time.
I participated in the run from $1,000 to $10,000 second time (overshot to $20K yeah but really it should've been "only" 10k)

WHEN not IF this all goes *whoosh boom* again, it'll be the second-to-last 10-bagger mooning and cycle will be 10K to 100K (the 100K to 1Million theoretical run may not ever happen, IMO)

So THAT is the ONE we-all gotta be prepped ready aware awake and fully on our TOES to take advantage of.

And when it comes and I'm playin' it like a boss... goddamn you better fucking BELIEVE Ima be fucking SMUG as HELL about it.  LOL

Grin

P.S. There was a time once, long long ago 'way back in the mists of time when I actually owned a wallet that held 1,000 Monero: please keep up this retracement HoneyPony! I am hopeful I will once again be able to afford to replace that stack  Grin

I agree with you both.

These are hard times for sure.  But how many times have we seen it?

This whole event... unfolding... whatever it is... makes me regret not being 25.  I mean I have quite a few good years left, but I don't think we are going to even see the tip of the iceberg for 20+ years.  Who on Earth knows what it will look like in 50?

I am a bitcoin maximalist in that I think Bitcoin will gobble up every crypto "feature" developed in other coins over time, but ONE.  And, I think, only ONE coin does something Bitcoin never can.

This is why it is not on that list of smoldering garbage Coinbase added recently.  I used to think people who said "We don't really want to be on Coinbase" were crazy (I have never used Coinbase lol).  Now I get it.  TPTB are terrified this project just might be successful.  All of them... governments, corporations, etc.

I think they got a pretty good ride coming.

We do too... but from the vantage point of the Engine Car. Wink
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:39:13 AM

By the way...

I would like to Welcome some of our WO friends lurking here... you know who you are.

You know this project is different.  And though we *could* see .010 or even *sigh* .009xx levels, this just depends entirely on how deep BTC is going to go.  When the Market turns you KNOW there will be MANY LESS projects along for the ride. 

You also know this is one.

Which means it will slingshot and multiply your BTC gains.  Of course then we are just proving that "alts are just a way to stack more bitcoin" line that many believe is true right?

Right?

Or... will you realize as you begin thinking about Monero, that this project is different?  Like you did with bitcoin?

I bet so... so welcome, in advance. 

Good luck catching that knife.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:58:54 AM

Am I reading this whole BAKKT thing right? 

> Formed with the purpose of bringing trust, efficiency and commerce to digital assets, Bakkt seeks to develop open technology to connect existing market and merchant infrastructure to the blockchain.

Its hilarious. Bringing trust to trustless assets. Bringing efficiency to the most efficient form of money that exists. Perhaps the only thing it could bring is commerce.

Whats even more hilarious is that these things (monero, bitcoin) are *incredibly* easy to use at the personal level. Its just when you get the institutions involved that things get really complicated.

I think this is a valid take for sure.

But you know the banks are coming. 

They have no choice.

Some of them will get run over by the train... and some of them might actually figure out how to get on.  At the moment I give Bakkt more chance of making it (or at least being a good player) than Coinbase.
Pages: « 1 ... 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 [2002] 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: