Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Pumper: Pumpers Picks (Updated Daily)  (Read 221099 times)
RyanPumper (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:56:04 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Weekly Roundup
Week Beginning: 09/01
Week Ending: 09/07

Round up of the picks I made this week. NLG and XST delivered the largest return since my first recommendation. HAL was the most consistent, as it went up 30%+ every day this week. VIA looks to be picking up steam, may deliver good returns next week.

Those that followed each of my suggestions this week are up over 1,529%. Many more picks to come.

Happy trading!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:52:18 PM

If you want to be consistently profitable then use stop orders on every trade, and set a realistic time-limit for holding profit (knowing that a profit can turn to a loss in mere minutes).

I believe you had mentioned setting a 2.5% stop loss.  However, how do you deal with just typical price fluctuations when you're taking a position that you expect to yield results in a few days as opposed to just trading on the daily dips in a coin?

For example, let's say you buy a coin at 1000 expecting it to get to 1500 in a few days. But once you buy it, it could easily drop below 975 occasionally within a few hours of buying it.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:20:18 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 08:35:45 PM by RyanPumper

If you want to be consistently profitable then use stop orders on every trade, and set a realistic time-limit for holding profit (knowing that a profit can turn to a loss in mere minutes).

I believe you had mentioned setting a 2.5% stop loss.  However, how do you deal with just typical price fluctuations when you're taking a position that you expect to yield results in a few days as opposed to just trading on the daily dips in a coin?

For example, let's say you buy a coin at 1000 expecting it to get to 1500 in a few days. But once you buy it, it could easily drop below 975 occasionally within a few hours of buying it.

My stop loss on each trade is set to trigger at -1% and sell at -2%.

If you are confident that a rise is going to take place, then the lower the price drops - the better.

If you get stopped out of a trade where you're expecting prices to surge upwards, the first thing I'd do is wait for people to stop dumping - then buy back in at a cheaper rate once the market has began it's move upwards. (setup price alerts on Cryptader)

If you had no stop loss in a situation like this, you'd be tempted to hold your loss... until it dips lower and lower..

by that time, you won't be thinking about the rally that's about to take place.. your only thought will be to pull whatever you have left of your funds out of the market...

then... a few days later, you will be sitting back, angry as hell, as the market begins to rally past the point where you sold and goes up 50 - 100%.

Using stop orders gives you time to think and map out your strategy in a precise manner.

This is a helpful video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhZBXO7KlD8&list=UUI6lP0xtInv8tBEnpt8Gr8A

RichQuick

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:06:43 PM

Why does it seem like you only say these things only after you've done them.

How do we know you are not just photoshopping your pics?

Maybe post some of your losing trades,  just so you seem more believable  Wink

IMPOSSIBLE I don't have any loosing trades!!

No, in all seriousness, I don't have much "loosing" trades at all. If I exit a trade without a profit it's because I was stopped out with an insignificant 2% deficit.. which i tend to look at as a transaction fee, if anything.

But going over my activity over the last week.

I called HAL before anyone else - it went up over 150% and still has some steam left over for another thrust.
wrong: that blonde chick first

I called NLG, which absolutely no one else was promoting... went up 223%.
wrong: https://twitter.com/JBcrypto/status/506754417014874113

VIA is up 52% and there is still a lot of activity happening there..
Fontas

I called XST.. a day later it's up 300%+
wrong: BOB aka emc2whale is moving this market

But, never fear.. I may just start making one sure-fire recommendation a week for those that are interested.. free of charge, as always.

so what are you? trader or a pumper?  Huh
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:24:09 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 09:37:19 PM by RyanPumper

IMPOSSIBLE I don't have any loosing trades!!

No, in all seriousness, I don't have much "loosing" trades at all. If I exit a trade without a profit it's because I was stopped out with an insignificant 2% deficit.. which i tend to look at as a transaction fee, if anything.

But going over my activity over the last week.

I called HAL before anyone else - it went up over 150% and still has some steam left over for another thrust.
wrong: that blonde chick first

I called NLG, which absolutely no one else was promoting... went up 223%.
wrong: https://twitter.com/JBcrypto/status/506754417014874113

VIA is up 52% and there is still a lot of activity happening there..
Fontas

I called XST.. a day later it's up 300%+
wrong: BOB aka emc2whale is moving this market

But, never fear.. I may just start making one sure-fire recommendation a week for those that are interested.. free of charge, as always.

so what are you? trader or a pumper?  Huh

Actually..

RichQuick

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:51:13 PM

Why does it seem like you only say these things only after you've done them.

How do we know you are not just photoshopping your pics?

Maybe post some of your losing trades,  just so you seem more believable  Wink

just like he said you comment the coins after it went up.
but anyway you can get some serious gains by keeping up with the big boys/girls.

but you share good info on how a market works. i will read it all when i have some time Cheesy
madalo

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:05:26 PM

if you can teach me how to do this i'll pay you 10K right now.

i have been following how you play the dips etc but you need some fucking balls to dive in and not bitch up and that part is where I fuck up. what is your main strategy??? as in what exactly makes you decide on a coin??
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:12:58 PM

if you can teach me how to do this i'll pay you 10K right now.

i have been following how you play the dips etc but you need some fucking balls to dive in and not bitch up and that part is where I fuck up. what is your main strategy??? as in what exactly makes you decide on a coin??

Keep your money bro. Just read this entire thread - there's enough info here for you to pull 100% per day from the market without a problem.

I mean, the Crypto market is very small. There's been days where I've been trading some small cap coin and bought through some sell walls causing huge upswings.. People literally refuse to buy 1btc + sell walls (but will buy the same amount when it's broken down into small orders) - that's my edge.

I think your issue is due to the fact that your trades are based too much on tips and what everyone else is doing, rather than having an actual strategy or narrative behind each one of your trades... so you aren't authentically invested in the idea that, that particular trade will be profitable.

I've said it before, if your putting on a trade that isn't grounded in reason - and if there is no strategy involved whatsoever, then you had no business taking that trade in the first place. Your reason for getting in a trade can't be "because the market is rallying" or "because XXXXtrader told me to".

Personally, I trust my strategy to the point where i will put on a trade and feel no fear whatsoever. Worst case I lose 2%, if everything goes to plan I make 50 - 100%+... I restrict my ability to lose (by using tight stop orders), therefore my potential to win is limitless.

So I would advise you not to focus too much on gains, but to focus on protecting yourself on each and every trade. Once you've done that, you wont have any fear when trading - which will allow you to be far more aggressive than the average trader.

Also, you want to only trade markets that have momentum. Markets that are actively moving upwards - that way, there will always be enough liquidity for you to leave the market whenever you please.

jotaceo

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:41:19 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 08:53:29 AM by jotaceo

My stop loss on each trade is set to trigger at -1% and sell at -2%.

Does it mean you "instant-sell" when your stop loss triggers? I mean, if your stop loss triggers at 9900 sats and if that happens then you put a sell order at 9800 sats, wouldn't it sell instantaneously after it if there are buy orders between 9900 and 9800?
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:49:54 AM

ducknote.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:55:59 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 01:45:04 PM by rocoro

That stop loss seems kind of tight..  you don't get "whip sawed" a lot?  

At 2% stop loss you only have 98 times (actually less if you count transaction fees) to lose 100% - not "loose" your money.

And once you get down near %50 or less you'll have to be making almost double to get back any profits.

Also the question remains,  why don't you show when some of your stop-losses trigger?   Surely there must be some trades that don't go as planned.

Not trying to doubt you or rain on this, but just trying decipher more of your information.

EDIT:
Actually I think my math is wrong,  instead of 98 times,  its only 50 times (first time 2%, next would 4% total, then 6%, 8% and so on). 
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:43:15 PM

Does it mean you "instant-sell" when your stop loss triggers? I mean, if your stop loss triggers at 9900 sats and if that happens then you put a sell order at 9800 sats, wouldn't it sell instantaneously after it if there are buy orders between 9900 and 9800?

Spot on.. I want to be out of the market as soon as my stop is triggered.

Sometimes the market falls below your stop without bringing you out, at which point you'd have to manually interfere to get out asap.

Which is why I suggest trading only the most liquid markets, and markets that have momentum.

That way there will always be a way for you to exit at a favorable price - if need be.

That stop loss seems kind of tight..  you don't get "whip sawed" a lot?

At times yes... but who cares? there's an opportunity to double up several times a day - what does it matter if I get stopped out of one trade.

If you read over my past trades, you will find several recurring plays. Such as taking advantage of momentum.

If i get into a market that is trending upwards, has 20+ recent trades, has an organic stream of volume that is still building up, has a tight spread and is in the early stages of a rally - the probability of that market stalling out is very slim - infact, in a climate like that, it is easier to make 100% than it is to lose 2%.

It all comes down to understanding how a market moves.

When I place a trade I would rather exit with exponential profit than a minor loss, of course.... but on the flip side, I would rather exit with a minor loss instead of suffering a major loss because I refused to used a stop order.

At 2% stop loss you only have 98 times (actually less if you count transaction fees) to lose 100% - not "loose" your money.

Also the question remains,  why don't you show when some of your stop-losses trigger?   Surely there must be some trades that don't go as planned.

It would intrigue you to know that there is an actual strategy behind "loosing" and an even more precise strategy behind being a consistent loser.

But then, you have to look at how psychologists define insanity: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

If you have the ability to lose "only" 98 times in a row, then you have no business trading.

As for my own losses, maybe I'll create another thread for people that want to know which coin will enable them to lose money the quickest.

BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:46:51 PM

PUMP CLOACK COIN PLZ!!!
rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:54:21 PM

It would intrigue you to know that there is an actual strategy behind "loosing" and an even more precise strategy behind being a consistent loser.

I guess I'm not understanding what "loosing" is.  

There are two different definitions for "loosing" and "losing" in the dictionary.

I don't know which you are really referring to, or in what context -  do you mean being loose with your money? 

Or in terms of losing?

jotaceo

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:04:48 PM

Spot on.. I want to be out of the market as soon as my stop is triggered.

Sometimes the market falls below your stop without bringing you out, at which point you'd have to manually interfere to get out asap.

Which is why I suggest trading only the most liquid markets, and markets that have momentum.

That way there will always be a way for you to exit at a favorable price - if need be.

Understood, thanks.
rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:33:34 PM

How exactly are you determining which have the momentum that you are looking for?  

Are you using some specific indicators?

If you read over my past trades, you will find several recurring plays. Such as taking advantage of momentum.

Again, how are you figuring out this momentum?   Using on balance volume indicator ?

gtac01

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:04:36 PM

I'm all in on XBOT , don't miss out on this easy 100%
nicojuritz

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:09:26 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Weekly Roundup
Week Beginning: 09/01
Week Ending: 09/07

Round up of the picks I made this week. NLG and XST delivered the largest return since my first recommendation. HAL was the most consistent, as it went up 30%+ every day this week. VIA looks to be picking up steam, may deliver good returns next week.

Those that followed each of my suggestions this week are up over 1,529%. Many more picks to come.

Happy trading!

Hi Guys, Ryan Pumper here... I’m an Altcoin hoarder/investor. I have been in Crypto since last July.. Bought 1000 bucks worth of BTC after reading the whitepaper – then came November and my original $1000 had gone up nearly 10 times. At that point, I put down everything and went all in.

Most of my time is spent perusing the Alt scene, and I’ve picked up on a lot of things along the way that for some reason aren’t commonly referenced or brought up at all within the community. I see some people who say they have never made any money trading Alts – which blows my mind because I feel that even the most novice trader can pull 100% a day from Crypto – and that’s me being quite conservative.

Anyway, I’ll be posting my trades, and suggestions on a daily basis and talking you guys through the thought process behind them. My personal target is 100% per day minimum.. and I know that if you guys understand the basic principles behind each one of my trades, then you too will be making 100% per day.

Twtter: @Pumper_Ryan follow for daily picks, and updates.

31 Aug - 01 Sep
Total return: 133%
Coins: BTCD, HAL, VOOT

BTCD

Out of every coin that I’ve traded or invested in – my largest reward, bar none, has come from BTCD. I have a long position in BTCD, not only that but I’ve been playing the swings every day since July to maximize my returns. This has been the most consistent performer on so many different levels.

My decision to get into this coin in the first place was based on the fact that it was behaving exactly like Vericoin (VRC). If you remember, Vericoin had its first rally and then continued on upwards from there. I know several people who made 10 – 20Xs their money during VRC’s heyday. These guys were literally minting Bitcoins every time VRC rallied.

BTCD had its first rally and then formed a very strong uptrend. I was constantly monitoring the volume, and saw an almost 1:1 match with the data I had for VRC back when it was building up steam. So, I bit the bullet and put all I had into this coin...

and, to cut a long story short, BTCD is still trending upwards today.

Overall, there is a lot of money to be had from trading Crypto intra-day and taking advantage of scalping opportunities but I tell you, there are coins out there that perform better over the long-term than they do intra-day, and THESE are the coins that you can pull gargantuan returns from. It’s just a matter of taking the time out to analyse the entire market and that consists of tracking data, keeping records of things such as m/cap and volume etc.. that way you can tell instantly when you have a home-run opportunity in front of you.

HAL

Simple play here. HAL put up a brilliant performance all week and had a lot of Organic volume – indicating genuine demand from the average market participant. I knew that the volume would dip during the weekend, which would cause a certain amount of traders to start selling off their positions thus bringing the price slightly lower than it should be after such a fantastic week.

As predicted, the price began to fall below the consensus set during the week.. and as there was actually genuine demand for this coin I knew that, if the price went low enough, another flash rally would ensue. Which is what ended up happening.

18% isn’t much but considering that many people dumped out at a loss, 18% is just fine for me.

VOOT

If you trade Crypto on a daily basis, then I’m sure you have several Lowball Bids placed on a variety of coins. For me, one of those coins was VOOT.

There isn’t actually much demand for VOOT at all, but VOOT was in the limelight this weekend as there was a community takeover – or something to that effect going on. So as soon as I heard about that I placed a bunch of lowball Bids on VOOT.

One of them triggered... the priced bounced back to normal levels, then a small rally ensued. Needless to say, I took profit immediately.

Tip: When trying to lowball a coin, look at the current market price and think to yourself; if I bought in at this price, what would be the worst case scenario? If people started dumping and the price starts to fall, what price point would make me the most uncomfortable... THATS where you place your bid. You might not get hit all of the time, but when you do – you can easily find yourself up 15 – 30% within minutes provided that there is genuine demand for that particular coin.

Are you on any social media in order for me to follow you easily.
Karn

Activity: 434

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:58:04 PM

I learned a lot reading this thread. Today is a new day so I am rethinking my loosing strategy's  Cool

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
benedictlol

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:45:58 PM

Really nice work here Ryan, rethinking my entire approach to trading, thanks Smiley
Perhaps you could talk us through a chart to spot obvious patterns?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: