Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350550 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 04:52:33 PM

my payment was confirmed a lot later than 1h last time due to the fact that there was 251 input and I may have f***ed up the fee, but order went through... even though it was shown as expired.

1. Hash Rate: 14.0TH/s ±5%

2. Power Consumption: 1375W + 7% (at the wall, with APW3 ,93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)

3. Power Efficiency: 0.098 J/GH + 7%(at the wall, with APW3 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I made huge fees  .005  so I cleared in under an hour.

My order for 1 x unit is still pending with status "Unpaid / Unshipped / Valid" - I hope that changes to PAID in an hours time.

my oh my..... my BTC payment has been confirmed 7 times.... but BITMAIN portal still says "Unpaid/Unshipped/Expired"...... having minor stroke now..... quick.... give me the number for 911 !!!!

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:09:36 PM

my payment was confirmed a lot later than 1h last time due to the fact that there was 251 input and I may have f***ed up the fee, but order went through... even though it was shown as expired.

1. Hash Rate: 14.0TH/s ±5%

2. Power Consumption: 1375W + 7% (at the wall, with APW3 ,93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)

3. Power Efficiency: 0.098 J/GH + 7%(at the wall, with APW3 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I made huge fees  .005  so I cleared in under an hour.

My order for 1 x unit is still pending with status "Unpaid / Unshipped / Valid" - I hope that changes to PAID in an hours time.

my oh my..... my BTC payment has been confirmed 7 times.... but BITMAIN portal still says "Unpaid/Unshipped/Expired"...... having minor stroke now..... quick.... give me the number for 911 !!!!

All my past order have expired I think ... all went through all the time.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:13:47 PM

Why is our pool thread in Bitcointalk.org, font color is grey and in italics?
Is it only me that is looking at this?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
delicin33

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:15:29 PM

looks normal, u may need to call 911  Tongue
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:26:53 PM

Grin Grin Grin
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:39:14 PM

Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin !

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:25:59 PM

COMMON BLOCKS!

I AM TIRED OF FEEDING YOU CHICKEN.

SEND US A FEW MORE BLOCKS WILL YA?

chikenfeed

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 07:07:48 PM

COMMON BLOCKS!

I AM TIRED OF FEEDING YOU CHICKEN.

SEND US A FEW MORE BLOCKS WILL YA?

https://i.imgur.com/KkcMe7e.png

uuuum ok then..
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:50:17 PM

Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin !

...or (behavioral scientist hat on), there's a little red pill for that as well...  Undecided

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:11:09 PM

Nicehash rental payments going from TH to PH at 00:00 UTC (about 3 hours)
I think live rentals will just continue with the old pricing scheme until they run out of funds or time.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
firetreeactual
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:42:39 PM

It seems the S9 would be (given it works as it should) a bit harder on the bandwidth, even though the power consumption is less. Maybe I'm not understanding it thoroughly...just seems that it would require X amt more because of the increased hash rate, etc. My thought is just that a data center would have to maybe look at their available bandwidth v. rack space (since the S9 and psu don't take any more space than an S7 or S3), as the power consumption is about the same at the wall as the S7.

Oh, well...blither, blither, blither...not enough coffee.  Cool

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 09:12:38 PM

That happens when you ignore the opening poster. Having an issue with Kano are you?

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
firetreeactual
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:47:02 PM

That happens when you ignore the opening poster. Having an issue with Kano are you?

Roll Eyes

clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:54:16 PM

Block by TCSDR1 7 minutes before the end of the day and month!  Cheesy
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:23:53 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 12:41:02 AM by sloopy

Best stop ignoring one of the bosses Smiley
Never know what you could miss!

This pool is still rockin so hard.
I read other pool threads and they talk about missing the blocks here.
I throw a little rental hash around for kicks, but this is where my gear stays and usually a rental or two.

I didn't make BTC anywhere like I did here last year. Even with bloody October.

On the S9 note, how much I know people are right.
I should have waited for them to work the bugs out of batch 1
They cost too much in Batch 1.
It is Bitmain which we may as well call the Death Star equivalent of Bitcoin.
..but...but...but like a horse addict on the corner the second the product hit their site I was right in line and even paid a $5.00 fee to make sure I was picked up in the first block.

On that note though, the hash will be going right here and there will be some hash moving to lotto mine at CKsolo.
I haven't made money with Bitcoin, but I haven't lost any, and my goal has always been to have fun and learn.
Goals accomplished.
...and the goals were not accomplished solo. Big time help from so many people around this forum.
So thanks to all the old and new people who keep the threads popping and try new things.

This past weekend I pulled an allnighter putting some S5s and even two SP20s back online for some underclocking fun. Odd that those are now nostalgic times considering those miners are in the 15 month mining age range for me. Fun as hell though getting the SP20s to downclock so low. I used to have hella fun following Phils unofficial SP20 thread.

Since I am on a bit of OT rambling Kano, or CK feel free to admonish me, but I do discuss the CKpool(s) several times and hope you guys can tolerate my long-winded rambling this time. After all it has been a while hasn't it? I will definitely proof-read this as soon as possible and atleast do my best to correct my spelling errors Smiley

We need some serious work put in an S7 underclock. I know it is string and supposed input voltage is the only way, but later batches should be possible with a pencil mod since they have the buck. RichBC needs some motivation.

I am not seeing the community miner thread making strides. It is breaking my heart. Nothing would make me happier than supporting these two pools and a real community product.
Like so many of you I would enjoy putting all of my weight behind Avalon but I simply cannot deal with the heat issue until I see a firm solution. I have experimented, but seriously running the control board outside the case is not my thing. I did mod the case on the one I have left and it does hold hash most of the time, but that single issue has caused me to babysit too much.

Take note I still think Avalon makes a better miner. For those who may have read my novels when I first bought my S4s at the end of 2014 I was disgusted. If it weren't for this community and the pull of mining I would have left due to the subpar policies of Bitmain then. I do have to say that through Yoshi here in the US working with me on some RMAs, and the strict interaction I have with bitmain mining equipment I have learned to live with the beasts purely because of the drought we had last year where you couldn't buy a new miner. Now, I fear we will not see another drought when it is sorely needed.

This pump of price is not going to last. We all know China controls every aspect of the coin, the equipment, and the hashrate at this point. Well, except they do not control the best codewriters, pool operators, and I firmly believe they do not control the best equipment builders. It is purely because they do not control these people our beloved Bitcoin still rules the roost.

Now this is not a bash Bitmain post. I call things as my experiences and the facts I see on a daily basis teach me. I speak from my heart using my mind. You can do such and still not say things which are in your own best interest. Hell, I could be like Dogie and be the biggest Bitmain cheerleader and have no doubt I would get better pricing and all sorts of goodies these days. I will never do it. I hope the miners here and Cksolo never do as well. I hope I see all of us continue to call things as they are. Respect where it is deserved, and Bitmain has a ton to even begin to earn back. As many have already noticed they have the statement regarding "lost" bitcoins if your payment doesn't go through in an hour? WTF WTF WTF? LOST? You know I would love to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that is a translation issue, hell look at the instructions which came with the S5+ I bought last year for over 9BTC which had numerous typos, spelling issues and clear translation problems, but my concern is they still send the same exact instruction sheet with the S7s they still ship today!
The issue there is at the top. My personal opinion obviously but in my company the buck stops with me and two others. If an issue isn't corrected over a reasonable amount of time it is my fault. No matter who was assigned the task, it is my fault.

Many of the things I have said have a dual meaning. While I complain about these things I am also giving props to the people who are correcting issues but still putting out cutting edge product. I do not only mean miners, I mean everything from the pools we are using right now, the websites, the support we receive, the good people posting and sharing the information they find. Obviously we have moderators doing what they can, and we have some who do more.

This community, this forum, the bitcoin landscape still has a higher intelligence and work ethic than an average population sample. This is again my opinion but I believe it as much as any cite someone could post from a legitimate study regarding the subject. I have spent the better part of the past 15 months 'ish talking with, working with, some people I literally bug the everloving crap out of (cough Kano, CK) but I can tell you I talk with all sorts, and a high quantity of people. Some of them pretty flippin shady as well, and not because I want to be in that area, because I want to learn how they run their games. Unfortunately most are the same games you see IRL, the three card monty, Social Security Check scams from people who have nothing, real estate scams, they are all here, but they too have a higher intelligence. I do not say that because they are successful with their scams. I say that because just like the great people in this community it takes a type of person to embrace the idea of what we are doing and then believe in the possibilities, formulate a plan, and then execute it.
Now those scammers aren't doing miraculous things. Magic money making schemes must be the easiest schemes in the world to pull off because who doesn't want that magic money making box, or who doesn't want to believe they can click an icon on the screen and believe it will make them serious, compounded, fountains of cash. All of us believe in crypto, specifically Bitcoin. That alone is not the step it once was, but it is still a step, it is a decision to invest your time, not to mention your money, but your time, and it became a passion for many of us, and that is one thing which shows intelligence and forward thinking with little proof.

For people like me who were not the true early adopters it became obvious quickly I'd missed the Golden Age. I ran the numbers when I came here and knew then I would be fortunate to break even, or, truly not lose too much money. My other hobbies were losing money, hell they weren't money making ventures in any sense. I bought high end hardware and did extreme experiments for fun. Now this is something which actually allowed me to have some resemblance of getting a little back.  
There are people who have made a fair amount of money last year on bitcoin. They also did it legally, and morally righteous. (Morally righteous does not carry any religious connotation in my use of the term.) What I mean is they not only made smart decisions, they added great things to this community. Opportunities for others like me. They helped people like me for nothing. Others did all of these things and took the fight to the oppressive F2pool-Discus Fish SPV and zero block miners and many still are taking their shots when they can. Personally I found my work in that area was better when I wasn't as publicly vocal. Not to say I won't still go and tell them what I think but talking to people one on one was much more effective. Those people talked with others and some of the people who did brought some large miners and large quantities of miners to Kano.Is - Which was another great, smart thing helping the bitcoin community. Growing this and the CKsolo pools is good for Bitcoin.

The core programmers, good, bad, or otherwise are not the people defining Bitcoin. They are not the people who make this work. No matter how smart, or smart they think they are, and some of them are scum of the earth who deserve a special place where a few people from Bitmain and Hashfast, Garza and his crew of paycoin fame, to a specific degree Dogie, and all of the other trash who have robbed good people in one way or another.
Look back on all of the scams and rotten, evil to the core, no excuse to breath our air types of people and in spite of those people and their robbery look at the good people. Phil, JohnyBravo, obviously CK and Kano, organofcorti, suchmoon, RichBC, Jabber, Sidehack, and I am not going to name more people I consider to have done great things to help because there are people who will pick a name and argue because they monetized their involvement, but the fact is so what? They gave and continue to give well more than what they have received. These types of people and that is what I want to stress, it is the type of person that is our Rebels versus the Empire. It is these people who are fighting the good fight of bitcoin, who want to see it excel for much more than any money they have earned. I certainly do not believe CK has earned enough coin to begin to repay him for the support he has given, the moderation he performs on a daily basis, not to mention the software contributions and the honor displayed when he draws a line in the sand and makes a stand on a controversial issue. Whether you agree with his opinion is beyond the scope of what I am saying. It is the fact that CK and people like him have a strong outlook of seeing Bitcoin succeed. It is coded into them as the people they are. Like I said I didn't name all of the people I have witnessed perform acts of selflessness or the people I have seen harm good members here. I have zero intention of debating anyone over a specific name. I am trying to show the good and bad I have witnessed.

I know there are people I have not been able to spend time talking with who are just as committed. They may not be able to code like Kano, or do the things sidehack or Jabber can with a soldering iron, but there are many of you here, not only supporting bitcoin, you are helping others, being selfless, spending time helping new miners, coders, people who need to be shown you don't go give some jackass in the ALT section 1 BTC to join his private group of pump n dumpers. I look forward to talking with more of you. I look forward to learning or helping you do whatever we can to support this community and bitcoin.
Most of all, I thank the people who are here helping new miners. People who are spending their time once again explaining what 5nd is, or explaining how overclocking might not be the wisest move to make in your particular situation. The people who show the new guy / girl how they can avoid the pitfalls someone taught you, or ones you fell into all on your own.

This community is of a higher intelligence, and in many ways possess a greater moral fortitude than anyone out spreading the gospel because you good people are here helping people in a real life situation avoid being taken advantage of. You are the people supporting the other good people who are running good BTC businesses. You are the good people bringing good btc businesses to the rest of us.

In my book, that makes you some of the smartest, most forward thinking people on the planet.

I wish you all the best and only ask that we all continue to help the new people avoid the pitfalls of get rich quick schemes and offer good resources to help others see the things I mentioned.

Stay safe because I already know you cannot help but being smart, and mostly humble  Grin

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
wolfen

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:44:22 AM

Nicehash is really mind bending with the API now.

wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:49:20 AM

I think live rentals will just continue with the old pricing scheme until they run out of funds or time.

Slightly OT,

But, I DO NOT like the new PH setup on NH/WH.
The chart is worthless for someone running a couple hundred TH's.
And the pricing increments are a hassle, but may be useful for fine tuning.

Anyway, it seems my order died for at least a few seconds (the shift graph on Kano shows a large drop - but maybe that was something else...) and I had to log back in and the new setup was there.

Oh well, some peoples progress are another's PITA. Smiley

Just my .02.

Edit: I wish there was an option to view it the old way! (I'm an old man and some change is hard)  Roll Eyes

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:52:17 AM

...gulp..... I am crawling to the penalty box  Huh

wolfen

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:57:25 AM

Slightly OT,

But, I DO NOT like the new PH setup on NH/WH.
The chart is worthless for someone running a couple hundred TH's.
And the pricing increments are a hassle, but may be useful for fine tuning.

Anyway, it seems my order died for at least a few seconds (the shift graph on Kano shows a large drop - but maybe that was something else...) and I had to log back in and the new setup was there.

Oh well, some peoples progress are another's PITA. Smiley

Just my .02.

Edit: I wish there was an option to view it the old way! (I'm an old man and some change is hard)  Roll Eyes
This is frikin horrible!
You can only decrease 1/100 the amount of the previous interface EVERY TEN MINUTES
NH is going to be losing some business.

wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 02:03:39 AM

This is frikin horrible!
You can only decrease 1/100 the amount of the previous interface EVERY TEN MINUTES
NH is going to be losing some business.

Agreed.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Pages: « 1 ... 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: