Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:41:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350138 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:16:34 PM

And wmabern (The Purple Teddy Bear)  is back. Nice to see you again Grin

LOL. I saw your post on the last page but didn't relate it to me. Smiley

I haven't gone anywhere and have been here the whole time. Except on the day when Hurricane Mathew's rain bands were hitting my house and I had to shut down and close my windows.

BTW, the bear is a Grateful Dead "Dancing Bear" and not a "teddy bear"  Cheesy. I'm a Dead Head from way back and saw my first Grateful Dead show in 1977!  Grin

EDIT: I've got a tattoo of the same bear on my arm except he is carrying a rose. Smiley

OMG...I knew that about the bear, but wasn't gonna say anything...another DeadHead! Mine Rock on!

Cool Cool Cool  "Weir" everywhere!  Grin

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:50:48 PM

Cool Cool Cool  "Weir" everywhere!  Grin

I make a lot of my own foodstuffs...bread, luncheon meat, bacon, dehydrating, etc... and I make my own super-premium ice cream. My favorite is a French vanilla/coffee infused sort that I proudly call "MIckey's Mocha."  Grin

BTW...glad the rain bands didn't do you in. I've got friends down on the SE coast that weren't so lucky...but they'll be OK. Not the first time, and surely won't be the last.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 04:15:49 PM

I'm on pool many time and at once with low power find block on pplns, but don't know that Kano put a pig to all of us.
Very good, that blocks accepted without comissions by pool.
But how we can spend this bitcoins? I try to move 1btc, but transaction weight about 100kb, because so many inputs. It's the biggest comission.
I think it not more good as SPV mining with empty blocks. Blocks with synthetical rubbish - analog of empty blocks for network.
For miners pool Kano is pool with hide comission about 5-10% for use mining bitcoins by time.
Of course, if you power more big - this comission less, but for big money you need too less inputs.
Therefore people go out from pool, because china frends not so honest, but not do this harm to their miners and network at all.
Pool is vitally important minimal limit settings for output.
I think I understand this. So first of all, the pool does take a comission - 0.9% off the block reward. How can you spend the Bitcoin? High fees because of the Bitcoin network isn't Kano's fault, though it could help if there was an option to set a payout threshold. If your not in a rush to send funds, you can send a small fee transaction (0.002 BTC fees for 100kb maybe) and eventually it will be confirmed, when the network isn't as busy. Kano confirms all non free transactions, so eventually it should be confirmed. SPV mining is worse because it might create a large orphan chain, as they don't verify the transactions and normal mining will confirm mostly legitimite transactions. Combining lots of inputs happens quite a bit, and I wouldn't call it rubbish.

You can try mining to a wallet service that covers transaction fees for you, like coinbase. Just make sure not to keep too much BTC in there at a time.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:19:46 PM

I'm on pool many time and at once with low power find block on pplns, but don't know that Kano put a pig to all of us.
But how we can spend this bitcoins? I try to move 1btc, but transaction weight about 100kb, because so many inputs. It's the biggest comission.
I think it not more good as SPV mining with empty blocks. Blocks with synthetical rubbish - analog of empty blocks for network.
For miners pool Kano is pool with hide comission about 5-10% for use mining bitcoins by time.
Of course, if you power more big - this comission less, but for big money you need too less inputs.
Therefore people go out from pool, because china frends not so honest, but not do this harm to their miners and network at all.
I think I understand this. So first of all, the pool does take a comission - 0.9% off the block reward. How can you spend the Bitcoin? High fees because of the Bitcoin network isn't Kano's fault, though it could help if there was an option to set a payout threshold. If your not in a rush to send funds, you can send a small fee transaction (0.002 BTC fees for 100kb maybe) and eventually it will be confirmed, when the network isn't as busy. Kano confirms all non free transactions, so eventually it should be confirmed. SPV mining is worse because it might create a large orphan chain, as they don't verify the transactions and normal mining will confirm mostly legitimite transactions. Combining lots of inputs happens quite a bit, and I wouldn't call it rubbish.

You can try mining to a wallet service that covers transaction fees for you, like coinbase. Just make sure not to keep too much BTC in there at a time.

makes sense....

Amusing that "Kano giving us pigs" comment.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:20:53 PM

makes sense....

I'd rather have chickens!!!  Cheesy

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:23:40 PM

makes sense....

I'd rather have chickens!!!  Cheesy

after 29 hours..... I think we need the chicken brigade out now!

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:34:54 PM

...Accept our offerings Gatekeeper of Mt. Bitcoin, throw us a few coins...

Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:38:58 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 04:49:04 PM by Xircom

Hmmmm... could be he got a point there. Why not having payout once a day to keep the transaction fee down to a minimum ?

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:52:36 PM

Hmmmm... could be he got a point there. Why not having payout once a day to keep the transaction fee down to a minimum ?

A major reason for me coming here was that we DON'T do that. Not enough transparency for me, methinks. That system was used at two previous (un-named) pools I worked with, and I could never quite reconcile the rewards accurately...not that I thought there was chicanery...but if there was, it would be a lot more difficult to find in a "hold and pay" arrangement like that.

EDIT: And, Kano sends zero-fee transactions as we confirm our own...so that would seem to be a moot point.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:53:14 PM

Because Kano is not a bank. Accumulating balances requires a Hot Wallet. People tend to STORE BTC at pools then cry foul if they can't get access to it after leaving the funds dormant for months if not years.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:54:05 PM

The alternative to all those small payouts, which is what causes you to require a larger fee to move your BTC, is that Kano keeps a hot wallet on the pool side.  A hot wallet makes a hacking target and opens everyone up to the possibility of a large loss.  Kano has said he doesn't want to keep a hot wallet so that's why we get the small payouts which in turn means a larger fee for us to spend it.  What I do is keep a mining wallet and when it hits about 1BTC I move that to another wallet where I keep most of my BTC.  So when I spend, I spend from my larger wallet so I can use a small fee and still get a quick confirmation on the transaction.

One thing that might be useful (if we got more blocks on a regular basis) is a consolidated payout.  It seems like we often get paid for 3 or 4 blocks at a time, so getting that all paid in one lump sum rather than 3 or 4 separate payouts all at the same time, would help a little.  However, the trade off there is that it would become more difficult for the miners to keep track of getting paid for every block.  Maybe if Kano put a txt note on the transaction that included block numbers?  

EDIT:  I see others made the same point while I was typing.
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:56:07 PM

Good explanation. Point taken !

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 05:10:53 PM

Cool Cool Cool  "Weir" everywhere!  Grin

I make a lot of my own foodstuffs...bread, luncheon meat, bacon, dehydrating, etc... and I make my own super-premium ice cream. My favorite is a French vanilla/coffee infused sort that I proudly call "MIckey's Mocha."  Grin

BTW...glad the rain bands didn't do you in. I've got friends down on the SE coast that weren't so lucky...but they'll be OK. Not the first time, and surely won't be the last.

Sorry for the OT.
Thanks! I'd love to try some of that ice cream! How about shipping with some dry ice?  Wink

I met Mickey Hart when he and his band played at a music and arts festival down the road a few years ago. A very nice guy! His band is excellent also. If you ever get the chance, check him out. He is one smart drummer too! Smiley

p.s. Yes, the eastern parts of NC and SC really got slammed and are still flooded. Lots of loss of life from drowning also. When someone in the know tells you to evacuate, you probably should. Sad
We escaped with just a day of rain.

CryptoBuddha

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

reality is what you think it is

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 07:14:35 PM

The alternative to all those small payouts, which is what causes you to require a larger fee to move your BTC, is that Kano keeps a hot wallet on the pool side.  A hot wallet makes a hacking target and opens everyone up to the possibility of a large loss.  Kano has said he doesn't want to keep a hot wallet so that's why we get the small payouts which in turn means a larger fee for us to spend it.  What I do is keep a mining wallet and when it hits about 1BTC I move that to another wallet where I keep most of my BTC.  So when I spend, I spend from my larger wallet so I can use a small fee and still get a quick confirmation on the transaction.

EDIT:  I see others made the same point while I was typing.

Google translate gives an awful interpretation of this nice piece of advise, so i'll do a live translation into Russian, as the nick and the phrase construction of the user who asked the question are typically Russian. So don't treat this as OT)))
BTW, I do the same thing not.you suggested - only that I have a cold wallet on a USB TailsOS.

Aльтepнaтивoй мaлeньким выплaтaм, кoтopыe и являютcя пpичинoй бoльшиx кoмиccий пpи пepeвoдe биткoинoв, мoг бы cтaть "гopячий" кoшeлeк пyлa. Taкoй гopячий кoшeлeк cpaзy cтaнoвитcя цeлью для xaкepoв и для кaждoгo пoявляeтcя oпacнocть пoнecти бoльшиe пoтepи. Кaнo гoвopил, чтo нe xoчeт дeлaть гopячий кoшeлeк, гдe бы xpaнилиcь нeвыплaчeнныe мoнeты, пoэтoмy мы и пoлyчaeм мaлeнькиe выплaты, чтo, в cвoю oчepeдь, пpивoдит к yвeличeнию кoмиccий, кoгдa мы в дaльнeйшeм бyдeм иx тpaтить. Boт чтo я дeлaю - y мeня ecть кoшeлeк для выплaт, и кoгдa тaм coбиpaeтcя oкoлo 1 БTC я пepeвoжy иx нa дpyгoй кoшeлeк гдe я xpaню бoльшинcтвo мoиx мoнeт. Кoгдa я иx тpaчy, я дeлaю этo c мoeгo "бoльшoгo" кoшeлькa, тaк чтo y мeня выxoдят нeбoльшиe кoмиccии и пpи этoм тpaнзaкции быcтpo пoдтвepждaютcя.

aka Shammann elsewhere, spreche etwas Deutsch, pyccкий тoжe знaю
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ
rammendo

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 07:41:52 PM

Aльтepнaтивoй мaлeньким выплaтaм, кoтopыe и являютcя пpичинoй бoльшиx кoмиccий пpи пepeвoдe биткoинoв, мoг бы cтaть "гopячий" кoшeлeк пyлa. Taкoй гopячий кoшeлeк cpaзy cтaнoвитcя цeлью для xaкepoв и для кaждoгo пoявляeтcя oпacнocть пoнecти бoльшиe пoтepи. Кaнo гoвopил, чтo нe xoчeт дeлaть гopячий кoшeлeк, гдe бы xpaнилиcь нeвыплaчeнныe мoнeты, пoэтoмy мы и пoлyчaeм мaлeнькиe выплaты, чтo, в cвoю oчepeдь, пpивoдит к yвeличeнию кoмиccий, кoгдa мы в дaльнeйшeм бyдeм иx тpaтить. Boт чтo я дeлaю - y мeня ecть кoшeлeк для выплaт, и кoгдa тaм coбиpaeтcя oкoлo 1 БTC я пepeвoжy иx нa дpyгoй кoшeлeк гдe я xpaню бoльшинcтвo мoиx мoнeт. Кoгдa я иx тpaчy, я дeлaю этo c мoeгo "бoльшoгo" кoшeлькa, тaк чтo y мeня выxoдят нeбoльшиe кoмиccии и пpи этoм тpaнзaкции быcтpo пoдтвepждaютcя.
A я вooбщe нe зaмopaчивaюcь, пocтyпaю тoчнo тaкжe, тoлькo пepeвoжy caм ceбe нa тoт жe caмый aдpec.
CryptoBuddha

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

reality is what you think it is

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 07:45:32 PM

Yeah I tried to think of this phrase with my English half of mind and it really made me laugh  Grin  Though in Russian it's a common set expression.  If someone says "You have put a pig to me" it means "what you've done caused unwanted consequences for me".

aka Shammann elsewhere, spreche etwas Deutsch, pyccкий тoжe знaю
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:12:35 PM

These time-sucking, ugly, red blocks SUCK!   Tongue

I might have to fire up my 20PH rig! LOL  Shocked

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:33:29 PM

These time-sucking, ugly, red blocks SUCK!   Tongue

I might have to fire up my 20PH rig! LOL  Shocked

This variance is killing me.  The people who left the pool have put a pig to us.  Wink
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:37:59 PM

BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally! With a payout!   Grin  Grin

Guess I need to b1tch about it more often.  Cheesy

xxxgeniy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:38:41 PM

Block! Our long-awaited ))))

St.Lapland Farm
Pages: « 1 ... 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: