Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:25:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 [1784] 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350142 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
dkincaid

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:54:40 PM

It was directed to rifleman who seems adamant that this isn’t the right pool for me and I should mine elsewhere...that tone towards potential miners is certainly detrimental to the growth of this pool.

Learn from my mistake and just do what I did not long ago. Just click on the "ignore" under his name and this will become a much nicer place for you. There are some people on every forum you just have to ignore.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:55:26 PM

April 2017. 34PH and 61 blocks found. What a sweet month to have been here. Ironically after that the pool hashrate jumped pushing the blocks found into the 70’s for the next couple months. I couldn’t imagine hitting 2 blocks a day for a month straight.
perfectplus174

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:04:10 PM

Rifleman seems to have noobs squarely in his sights. All he does on here all day is troll the forums and bash down potential new miners. Maybe he doesn't want to share the pie?

It was directed to rifleman who seems adamant that this isn’t the right pool for me and I should mine elsewhere...that tone towards potential miners is certainly detrimental to the growth of this pool.

I understand what you are saying and it may be true for some and may be not, but you don't really know that because you haven't been able to measure it. Would it be possible for you to just realize that is his personality and you know....brush it off?

I'm a noob and he seems harmless to me. I'm also a grown man.

Also, as new miners join the forums, they ask the same questions over and over. I realized my questions were not new as well. There are some questions that even veteran miners may not understand fully but have just been going with the flow of things, in which case it's good to bring them up.

The same ones over and over and the arguing that comes with it is what gets frustrating, so it's easy to be short and grumpy and point people to where they can find the answers.

However, what is increasingly annoying are those who DON'T mine here and continue their attempts to stear miners away from the pool (*cough cough* DPoS2).

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2
Par Avion

Activity: 99
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:12:47 PM

Rifleman seems to have noobs squarely in his sights. All he does on here all day is troll the forums and bash down potential new miners. Maybe he doesn't want to share the pie?

I understand what you are saying and it may be true for some and may be not, but you don't really know that because you haven't been able to measure it. Would it be possible for you to just realize that is his personality and you know....brush it off?

Also, as new miners join the forums, they ask the same questions over and over. I realized my questions were not new as well. There are some questions that even veteran miners may not understand fully but have just been going with the flow of things, in which case it's good to bring them up.

The same ones over and over and the arguing that comes with it is what gets frustrating, so it's easy to be short and grumpy and point people to where they can find the answers.

However, what is increasingly annoying are those who DON'T mine here and continue their attempts to stear miners away from the pool (*cough cough* DPoS2).

Ive said it before and I'll say it again; THERE IS A REASON QUESTIONS ARE REPEATED.

It's because when you're asking people to give up an entire diff adjustment without a full reward(if a block is mined) then you better have clear instuctions on how shit works. The reason this thread is so "active" isn't because the community is that awesome, it's because new miners are told kanos pool rocks, but the website is near impossible to understand from a noob perspective. Combine that with people wanting to pay bills and you have a recipe for disaster. It is quite an easily remedied issue as well.

Add a ramp line to graph, make payout terms in plain speak, not math-nerd jargon, make the site nicer to look at. It should take a couple hours at most.

Cue rifleman saying mine at antpoo. Eat a dick man, youre so fucking rude.
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:26:17 PM

Ive said it before and I'll say it again; THERE IS A REASON QUESTIONS ARE REPEATED.

It's because when you're asking people to give up an entire diff adjustment without a full reward(if a block is mined) then you better have clear instuctions on how shit works. The reason this thread is so "active" isn't because the community is that awesome, it's because new miners are told kanos pool rocks, but the website is near impossible to understand from a noob perspective. Combine that with people wanting to pay bills and you have a recipe for disaster. It is quite an easily remedied issue as well.

Add a ramp line to graph, make payout terms in plain speak, not math-nerd jargon, make the site nicer to look at. It should take a couple hours at most.

Cue rifleman saying mine at antpoo. Eat a dick man, youre so fucking rude.

Mining isn't armchair football. It's technical and it's the reason every single person out there isn't mining. If there's SO much support on all these other websites, why don't they have all the answers for everyone?

There is a lot to learn when you're jumping into this without a technical background. Some of us, like myself, are willing to learn as much as they can about this venture to get the best understanding and make the best decisions with continuing. It's not going to be a place where kids and grandmothers come to learn to mine and complain to tech support. If it's a technical question, you will get a technical answer. Some people want things broken down beyond basics and STILL don't get it. At that point, what do you expect from other miners in a forum who happen to mine on the same site? I think the problem is the expectation that Kano owes you something for choosing to mine here.

And let's just say Rifleman eats a dick....then what? We'll all have to live with that image. I can't imagine many new miners are going to enjoy seeing that. He's just going to tell you to go to Antpoo afterwards anyway and we will all have forgotten he ate a dick and you will have to prompt him to yet again. See the cycle that will create?   Shocked

krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 08:27:42 PM

I too am a grown man with a family and a career of my own. But I am also responsible for $60k in mining hardware. When I ask a question in a pool thread, in a pool I support, I expect both supportive and critical responses. Not wiseass remarks to mine elsewhere. Won’t feed the troll anymore..just clicked ignore.

In my instance, last I mined at Kano was 2015/16 and ramp up was a ton shorter back then.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:31:25 PM

I too am a grown man with a family and a career of my own. But I am also responsible for $60k in mining hardware. When I ask a question in a pool thread, in a pool I support, I expect both supportive and critical responses. Not wiseass remarks to mine elsewhere. Won’t feed the troll anymore..just clicked ignore.

If you have needs to be met and you have found a way to meet those needs, then go with that.

Rifleman just chooses to not be so elegant with his words. It's not that big of a deal to me, he's just one person. I'm also used to internet forums.

You met another need with that ignore button.  Grin

it's my understanding that a lot of things were different back then....and will be in the future  Cheesy

wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:36:23 PM

In my instance, last I mined at Kano was 2015/16 and ramp up was a ton shorter back then.

Ramp is due to a few factors:

• Difficulty
  • Hashrate
  • Pool Hashrate

All of these were much lower.

Higher hash rate = faster ramp up.

If you could submit 5ND worth of shares in one day, your ramp would be one day.
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:41:08 PM

Higher hash rate = faster ramp up.

If you could submit 5ND worth of shares in one day, your ramp would be one day.

The key is the last statement - ramp up is a function of shares submitted, and not time.

Time has only been a sticking point for the last block due to being both > 5Nd and crossing 2 diff increases.

Comparing to PPS pools, you're losing out on transaction fees. Compared to Slushpool - that has a  exponential ramp up set at 1.5 hours with a faster ramp down. I reckon most shares aren't even paid, looking at all those 3-5 hour block find times.

So far, only 3 days of shares have been missed in the past few months for Kano pool - this seems like a very good reason to continue mining here to me.

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
rifleman74

Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:18:41 PM

Looked last night/early this morning before it spiked back up.

Also it makes no difference whether hash is moved here incrementally or all at once. 14 days to get your full payout hash is a long long time when you have a bottom line you need to cover monthly.

Once again I said nothing about round difficulty...only ramp up time and the correlation to difficulty. I really find it comical that all you guys are telling me to study up on this. You going to defend this ramp up time until we find less than one block a month?

If you need to cover monthly, then this may not be the pool for you.  It's not going to change, just for you.

Good luck to you.

I really think this is the *point* most people get stuck with... And there is no way around it if you want to be on this pool.

As to the difficulty comment, what I meant was difficulty is always going to influence the *ease* at which a block is found.  it also took 2wks and 600% hashes to find the last one, if you joined right after we started, you'd have been ramped before we found it and would that also have been an issue because of the 2wks with no payout whatsoever?..... You have to scale both costs, revenue and unexpected losses for this game or else... well, you'll be short lived like so many others.

On the good news front, I just got word that another 22Th is on it way to me... yeah!  And did I say I like Th that has some of the best hash/watt Smiley... always a good thing

My 22TH is still stuck on the east coast...should be here soon.   
Tnaa97

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

Mine on!!

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 10:24:37 PM

I would like to take a moment to thank all of the active members of this board.
Reading the discussions here daily has been very valuable to me.

I am 47, have a family, have only 5 S7's but my electric is cheap and I count my blessings each day!

Mine on with Kano!

Mine on!!
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:26:07 PM

If you have needs to be met and you have found a way to meet those needs, then go with that.

Rifleman just chooses to not be so elegant with his words. It's not that big of a deal to me, he's just one person. I'm also used to internet forums.

You met another need with that ignore button.  Grin

it's my understanding that a lot of things were different back then....and will be in the future  Cheesy

Exactly, it's not like kano is going to change this pool, so one guy with 60k worth of miners can get his way.  It's kano's pool, not krisgt's pool.  People fail to understand this point over and over and over again.

rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:40:24 PM

Your abrasive tone does nothing but harm this pool you realize that right?

haha (please don't take the chuckle wrong)... There are lots of differing cultures on this pool and everyone's *approach* is different as well... Really you just have to roll with it because some are always the same (that's not a good or a bad thing, it's just a thing).

Yep, some people get it, and others need to be beat on the head a few times before they get it.   Cool

MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN! 
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:42:41 PM

lol, if you join this pool (or any other one), you play by the pool's rules.  If you don't like it, well you can always solo mine too as that way you'll surely get your way! 
grandlovelace

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:11:34 PM

https://kano.is
Pool payout help and information: https://kano.is/index.php?k=payout

Best pool fees of only 0.9% in 2018

The most recent page of posts is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.1000000

Note for all access to the kano.is pool you can also use the name kano.space everywhere
For email, web, https web, mining, anywhere you see kano.is you can also use kano.space
This means there's effectively a domain name backup of kano.space in case anything ever went wrong with the kano.is domain name

Pool software supported by myself (Kano)

PPLNS Stratum BTC mining pool - N currently set as 5 x the network difficulty when the block is found.
0.9% fee paid to myself to run and work on development of the pool.
Miner payout includes transaction fees.

Web interface with management, reports, graphs, and most accurate and detailed pool stats available on any pool Smiley

Mining configuration:
Go to https://www.kano.is and register a username to mine with, by clicking on the Register/Reset link at the top right,
or mine directly to the pool without registering, using a bitcoin payment address as your username.
No password is required, so just use X for your password in your miner, since most miners need you to enter a password.

e.g.
On your miner setup page, use something like this:
Code:
+--------------------+-------------------------------------+
+ Pool1:             | stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333  |
+ Worker:            | Kano.worker                         |
+ Password:          | x                                   +
Of course replace 'Kano.worker' with your pool username.worker Smiley

If you have network issues using port 3333, you can also try:
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:80

You can also try any of:
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:81
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:443
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:8080

There are other nodes located around the world that you may be closer to:
stratum+tcp://nya.kano.is:3333 (NewYork)
stratum+tcp://nl.kano.is:3333 (Netherlands)
stratum+tcp://de.kano.is:3333 (Germany)
stratum+tcp://jp.kano.is:3333 (Japan)

As with the main stratum node, each of those nodes allows mining to port 3333, 80, 81, 443 and 8080

If you have more than a petahash of mining hardware (not rental) I can setup a node near you, only for large miners, if servers are available, at no cost to you Smiley

Your worker name can be whatever you choose and will be created when your miner connects to the pool.
Registered username or Bitcoin address, followed by a dot '.' or an underscore '_', followed by a worker name.
If you supply an invalid Bitcoin address, you will be unable to authenticate and mine on the pool.

If you have an Asicminer Tube, you will need to mine to:
stratum+tcp://nonce.kano.is:27181
It won't work properly on any other mining port. Don't point normal miners here.
Your Tube miner stats will show up in your account without their worker name.

If you mine to a bitcoin address, you can view a simple json user or worker level stat (using your own address) at:
http://www.kano.is/address.php?a=1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
http://www.kano.is/worker.php?a=1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb_worker

Pool settings
The pool is configured to start you mining at 4098 difficulty.
The pool adjusts the per instance difficulty to maintain an average share rate of approximately 3 shares per 10 seconds (18 shares per minute)
However, there is a lower limit set on the difficulty of 442.
If you mine with a username, you can login to the web interface and set a minimum difficulty for mining.
If this value is below the pool calculated value, you'll get the pool calculated value.
If you mine with a BTC address as your username, you can use the cgminer option --suggest-diff to set it for each cgminer.
You can, of course, also use --suggest-diff if you mine to a username.

Coins
The pool itself has no wallet, only bitcoind's running without a wallet.
The Coins go to a separate, unattached wallet that the payouts come from.

Transactions
The pool will mine any and all transactions that the standard bitcoind core will accept.
The relevant setting I currently use in bitcoin.conf is:
 blockmaxweight=3968888 (changed to this on 12-Nov-2017)
I run a modified bitcoind that optimises the processes of verifying blocks and generating work.
These optimisations are code based, not transaction based.
I do not blacklist addresses, I do not prioritise transactions for any companies ... though I do prioritise our own transactions of course Smiley
If this should ever change, I will post the details when I do the change with the reasons why.

--

There's Apps to get pool info and monitor your miners.

Apple App:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344360.0

Android App, read in the thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg11091187#msg11091187

For miner monitoring:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1331875.0

Send any donation/whatever to them for using them - since they wrote them.

--

Past competitions:

Avalon and kano.is are having another great miner give-away!

Over the next 5 months we will be giving away 1 Avalon A6 per month.

Be a miner here with more than 300GHs - and less than 250THs - and you could win one of the 5 Avalon A6 miners!

Each winner is the first miner to find a BLOCK!!! and meet the conditions listed below.

See the Competition Details: below the winner list

Winners: (most recent first)

The final May Winner didn't initially get an A6 due to email issues and language barriers.
Once the issues where resolved, quite some time later, he received an A7 instead Cheesy
Thanks Canaan/Avalon!

April Winner: Pool block 777:
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/block/407092
Abramov
Found: 2016-04-13 10:50:28 UTC
1.945% of expected Difficulty
CDF of 0.019

March Winner: Pool block 694:
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/block/404317
sercinsabri
Found: 2016-03-26 04:49:55 UTC
5.279% of expected Difficulty
CDF of 0.051

February Winner: Pool block 488:
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/block/396089
kilowatt
Found: 2016-02-01 05:54:54 UTC
188.492% of expected Difficulty
CDF of 0.848

January Winner: Pool block 448:
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/block/393929
indeec444
Found: 2016-01-18 22:31:15 UTC
16.638% of expected Difficulty - awesomely low Smiley
CDF of 0.153

Competition Details:

The March competition has modified rules to choose the winner (and a runner up)
Read here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg14042677#msg14042677
See the next post below for the block details for March

Only one Avalon A6 per winner.

Each month starts on the 1st day of the month at UTC 00:00 timezone.
The first month, January, starts on the 18th at UTC 00:00

If for any month, the miner isn't won, it will continue into the following months until someone wins it.
Each month adds a new miner to be won, so during some months there could be more than 1 winner if there was no winner the previous month.

Avalon will be supplying and shipping a miner to each winner.
It will be an Avalon6 x1, 4-pin-cable x2, AUC x2, without PSU - as shown in the pictures below (but silver - not black)
The Avalon A6 does 3.5THs +/- 5% at approx 1100W at the wall.

http://kano.is/Avalon6-V6.0-1024x768.jpg.300.jpg http://kano.is/Avalon6-V6.0-2-1024x768.jpg.300.jpg
http://kano.is/Avalon6-V6.0-3-1024x768.jpg.300.jpg http://kano.is/Avalon6-V6.0-4-1024x768.jpg.300.jpg

Avalon is great with cgminer!
The master cgminer git is kept up-to-date by Avalon submitting their changes, and they incorporate all the master cgminer changes!

Details about the Avalon A6 can be found on the bitcoin wiki: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon6

Your 'Workers'->'Shift Graph' must show an average of 300GHs or more - and less than 250THs - on the red average line - for the sum of all your miners.
So if you want to be a winner you better make sure you are already mining 300GHs or more on your account now.
Note, of course, I can see anyone's 'Shift Graph' including address miners.

Now, just in case we do find any orphans, the orphans will also count as winners as long as the share isn't submitted too late.
The late timelimit is of course any time before, but also up to exactly 2 seconds after the pool sees a block change, according to the pool logs.
No adjustments or arguments about the exact 2 second limit.
No miners should be submitting blocks that late, so it's not a special requirement.

You will have to supply an address that Avalon can ship it to via EMS or DHL.
It doesn't have to be your own address, but it has to be possible for them to ship to your chosen address.
If you cannot supply an address EMS or DHL will ship to, then the prize will be awarded to the next winning block finder.

If you mine to an address, you'll need to sign a message with the winning address, to identify who is the contact to claim the prize.

If you don't want to supply contact details to ship it to, then the prize will be awarded to the next winning block finder.

I can't win Cheesy

One last important thing - my decision on the winners are final.
If there is any confusion or misunderstanding about how the winner is chosen, I retain the right to choose who the winner is in the event of any disagreement.

Original competition details:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg13571796#msg13571796

Following on the success of the pool with the previous competition, we had another giveaway!

This time, Avalon supplied a miner to each of 2 winners.
It was an Avalon 4.1 Machine with a 4-pin-cable x1 and an AUX x1 (without a PSU) as shown in the pictures below.
The Avalon 4.1 does 1THs at approx 600W and can be overclocked to 1.3THs at approx 1000W and underclocked to 820GHs at approx 400W

Details about the Avalon4 can be found on the bitcoin wiki: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon4
Valkir's review on one he just got: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=938679.0

The 2 winning accounts on the pool are: pingster and magnusmining

Pool block 119:
https://blockchain.info/block-height/341147
Worker: pingster_18
Found: 2015-01-30 09:57:27+00
302.03% of expected Difficulty
CDF of 0.95

Pool block 126
https://blockchain.info/block-height/341497
Worker: magnusmining.25
Found: 2015-02-01 14:34:24+00
147.97%   of expected Difficulty
CDF of 0.77

Avalon is shipping an Avalon 4.1 to each of their addresses.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg10244879#msg10244879

For the previous Spondoolies-Tech SP20 competition:

The winning account on the pool is: SP20winner mining with just under 50THs Smiley

Found this block:
https://blockchain.info/block-height/338893
Block: 338893
Worker: SP20winner_worker5
Found: 2015-01-14 09:28:17+00
69.93% of expected Difficulty
CDF 0.50

Spondoolies-Tech is shipping an SP20 to their address.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg10121938#msg10121938

Is there any way to configure antminer s9 to kano.is?
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:21:34 PM

Yes, you pretty much linked the answer in the very first post that you quoted.

heartlandmining

Activity: 104
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:21:40 PM

Is there any way to configure antminer s9 to kano.is?

Is there any way that you can shave your post?

Edit: Just noting that the answer to both questions above is "Yes!"
grandlovelace

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:33:35 PM

How? Please help!!
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:37:45 PM

How? Please help!!

Mining configuration:
Go to https://www.kano.is and register a username to mine with, by clicking on the Register/Reset link at the top right,
or mine directly to the pool without registering, using a bitcoin payment address as your username.
No password is required, so just use X for your password in your miner, since most miners need you to enter a password.

e.g.
On your miner setup page, use something like this:
Code:
+ Pool1:             | stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333  |
+ Worker:            | Kano.worker                         |
+ Password:          | x                                   +
Of course replace 'Kano.worker' with your pool username.worker Smiley

If you have network issues using port 3333, you can also try:
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:80

You can also try any of:
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:81
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:443
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:8080

There are other nodes located around the world that you may be closer to:
stratum+tcp://nya.kano.is:3333 (NewYork)
stratum+tcp://nl.kano.is:3333 (Netherlands)
stratum+tcp://de.kano.is:3333 (Germany)
stratum+tcp://jp.kano.is:3333 (Japan)

As with the main stratum node, each of those nodes allows mining to port 3333, 80, 81, 443 and 8080

If you have more than a petahash of mining hardware (not rental) I can setup a node near you, only for large miners, if servers are available, at no cost to you Smiley

Your worker name can be whatever you choose and will be created when your miner connects to the pool.
Registered username or Bitcoin address, followed by a dot '.' or an underscore '_', followed by a worker name.
If you supply an invalid Bitcoin address, you will be unable to authenticate and mine on the pool.

If you have an Asicminer Tube, you will need to mine to:
stratum+tcp://nonce.kano.is:27181
It won't work properly on any other mining port. Don't point normal miners here.
Your Tube miner stats will show up in your account without their worker name.

If you mine to a bitcoin address, you can view a simple json user or worker level stat (using your own address) at:
http://www.kano.is/address.php?a=1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
http://www.kano.is/worker.php?a=1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb_worker

Pool settings
The pool is configured to start you mining at 4098 difficulty.
The pool adjusts the per instance difficulty to maintain an average share rate of approximately 3 shares per 10 seconds (18 shares per minute)
However, there is a lower limit set on the difficulty of 442.
If you mine with a username, you can login to the web interface and set a minimum difficulty for mining.
If this value is below the pool calculated value, you'll get the pool calculated value.
If you mine with a BTC address as your username, you can use the cgminer option --suggest-diff to set it for each cgminer.
You can, of course, also use --suggest-diff if you mine to a username.

Coins
The pool itself has no wallet, only bitcoind's running without a wallet.
The Coins go to a separate, unattached wallet that the payouts come from.

Transactions
The pool will mine any and all transactions that the standard bitcoind core will accept.
The relevant setting I currently use in bitcoin.conf is:
 blockmaxweight=3968888 (changed to this on 12-Nov-2017)
I run a modified bitcoind that optimises the processes of verifying blocks and generating work.
These optimisations are code based, not transaction based.
I do not blacklist addresses, I do not prioritise transactions for any companies ... though I do prioritise our own transactions of course Smiley
If this should ever change, I will post the details when I do the change with the reasons why.

--

There's Apps to get pool info and monitor your miners.

Apple App:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344360.0

Android App, read in the thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg11091187#msg11091187

For miner monitoring:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1331875.0
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 11:55:29 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 12:43:42 AM by Shazam!!!

How? Please help!!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I think you may need to watch this video about AntMiner set up. It's for S7/S9.

https://youtu.be/CcJwEtd4x

After you get logged in on the miner, you need to choose one of the "stratum's" from the first post. Goodluck!!!

EDIT: If that video will not play, try this one:

https://youtu.be/LBKWNiwt1Ns

It's a little crude, but you'll get the info to set up the AntMiner.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Pages: « 1 ... 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 [1784] 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: