Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:29:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218399 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 04:34:32 PM

Does anyone know the official refund policy? If someone has a bASIC preorder but doesn't like the specs that come out after midnight, can they get a full refund?

Yes.

After the purchase you might be alerted almost 1 week before of the start of the production, you will than have 1 week to cancel and have a refund.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 04:34:49 PM

I have stated this numerous times but it's likely you missed this, If you would like a refund for whatever reason please email me, I will cancel your order and refund your payment immediately.

I am not sure why it would bother someone that I am releasing additional specs along with stopping pre-orders at the same time. It really is co-incidental, but seriously what does anyone have to lose?

If people are seriously concerned about this - I will allow another 24 hours to get in your pre-orders, but I don't know why it would matter... can someone elaborate as to why this would be of concern?

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 04:36:20 PM

If people are seriously concerned about this - I will allow another 24 hours to get in your pre-orders, but I don't know why it would matter... can someone elaborate as to why this would be of concern?
They, we, are scared about not having bought enough from you

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 04:36:32 PM

Does anyone know the official refund policy? If someone has a bASIC preorder but doesn't like the specs that come out after midnight, can they get a full refund?

Yes.

After the purchase you might be alerted almost 1 week before of the start of the production, you will than have 1 week to cancel and have a refund.

Yes, If I were to change the refund policy I will give 1 weeks notice prior to changing it.
SAC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 04:37:16 PM

Something about this bothers me.
Nothing malicious intended. It just... bothers me. My instinct was to place an order after reading that pre-orders for batch 1 were ending. After I let it sink in, I will be waiting.

I think I'm most bothered that "pre-orders end tonight" is combined with "I'll release specs immediately after pre-orders end".

Agreed. It it fair to expect customers to pre-order without having solid specs available to them? 800 pre-orders seem to suggest that many customers are ok with this. That is, of course, their choice and their risk.

I would consider ordering a bASIC but without having specs on which to base a reasonable decision, I cannot justify it; unfortunately those specs won't be released until pre-orders are cut off ... thus I too will wait.

Yeah right it has already been mentioned full no questions asked refund at anytime ie. no risk to anyone ordering, so this supposed concern by you two has no basis in reality.
dani

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

..yeah

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 04:38:49 PM

I have stated this numerous times but it's likely you missed this, If you would like a refund for whatever reason please email me, I will cancel your order and refund your payment immediately.

I am not sure why it would bother someone that I am releasing additional specs along with stopping pre-orders at the same time. It really is co-incidental, but seriously what does anyone have to lose?

let me try: many are not willing to preorder without knowing the specs. I dont care about electricity cost, but about heat dissipation. i can take about 600watt, so with not telling the specs and closing preorder tonigt, i dont knwo if i can take the risk to preorder more. Like if one device uses 250watt, im already screwed, but lets say it takes 100watt ill order 2 more.. maybe theres someone else out there that thinks the same way

Hai
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 04:45:28 PM

Yeah right it has already been mentioned full no questions asked refund at anytime ie. no risk to anyone ordering, so this supposed concern by you two has no basis in reality.
Fine. That is why I asked the question (which cablepair and others have been kind enough to quickly answer); I didn't find the answer in the OP and didn't feel like wading through 78 pages of beer & FUD this thread has turned into.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 04:46:45 PM

To be completely honest I just want to make sure this whole process with the first batch goes smoothly. I don't want to be sitting here in December and trying to explain to people that they aren't getting their order on time because I oversold them, yes I have stated we have enough hardware in process to support 1000 devices, but that leaves no margin for error - I (and I would think my customers as well) would feel much safer knowing there is some extra cushion so to speak to ensure that everyone who is expecting a device in the first batch get's one. Also now that we have achieved our pre-order goal I really need to change my focus from selling to managing. There are some very complicated logistics involved here, and it is very important to me that I stay on top of everything and get these units delivered on time.

If people feel like there should be some time to digest the additional specs before I stop taking pre-orders than that is fine. I will stop taking pre-orders at midnight EST 10/22/12 - or when we hit about 900 units ordered, whatever comes first. Does this seem fair to everyone?
Bitcoin_Bing

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 04:53:25 PM

The power issue ain't no problem here either as I have 3 different pc's running 24/7 anyways.

The " Just to be safe I am going to stop taking pre-orders at midnight tonight EST" worries me as I have requested a release of my cash which will only be available at the end of the month.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 04:57:05 PM

The power issue ain't no problem here either as I have 3 different pc's running 24/7 anyways.

The " Just to be safe I am going to stop taking pre-orders at midnight tonight EST" worries me as I have requested a release of my cash which will only be available at the end of the month.

If its a small order - maybe you might want to consider seeing a bitcoin lender and getting a loan,

even if I did not stop taking pre-orders early we would very likely hit the hardware limit by months end regardless.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 05:01:27 PM

I will be unavailable until later tonight. Just to recap please take note:

Tonight we are launching our new website along with some additional specs.

Currently we have sold about 800 units.

On 10/22/2012 at Midnight EST I will stop taking pre-orders.

Our refund policy is as follows:

As of right now, You may cancel your order and get a no questions asked refund at any time, just send me the request by email.

If we decide to change this policy in the future because of production costs we will give notification 1 week ahead of time - which will give you a 1 week window to cancel your order and get a refund.

If you call me today - your call will not be returned until tomorrow - leave me a message and I will call back in the morning

see you all later and have a great day Smiley

Tom
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:02:10 PM

To be completely honest I just want to make sure this whole process with the first batch goes smoothly. I don't want to be sitting here in December and trying to explain to people that they aren't getting their order on time because I oversold them, yes I have stated we have enough hardware in process to support 1000 devices, but that leaves no margin for error - I (and I would think my customers as well) would feel much safer knowing there is some extra cushion so to speak to ensure that everyone who is expecting a device in the first batch get's one. Also now that we have achieved our pre-order goal I really need to change my focus from selling to managing. There are some very complicated logistics involved here, and it is very important to me that I stay on top of everything and get these units delivered on time.

If people feel like there should be some time to digest the additional specs before I stop taking pre-orders than that is fine. I will stop taking pre-orders at midnight EST 10/22/12 - or when we hit about 900 units ordered, whatever comes first. Does this seem fair to everyone?

Thank you for this. I have been waiting for you to release details before placing my order. If you were to release details after pre-orders had ended then I wouldn't be placing an order. I'm power/girlfriend constrained on my apartment after shutting down my remote farm. It helps to know ballpark power figures to see how many I can sustain without exceeding the tolerances that my girlfriend will handle  Cheesy
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:24:38 PM

I like this.  Well done.

+1.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:29:16 PM

I will be unavailable until later tonight. Just to recap please take note:

Tonight we are launching our new website along with some additional specs.

Currently we have sold about 800 units.

On 10/22/2012 at Midnight EST I will stop taking pre-orders.

Our refund policy is as follows:

As of right now, You may cancel your order and get a no questions asked refund at any time, just send me the request by email.

If we decide to change this policy in the future because of production costs we will give notification 1 week ahead of time - which will give you a 1 week window to cancel your order and get a refund.

If you call me today - your call will not be returned until tomorrow - leave me a message and I will call back in the morning

see you all later and have a great day Smiley

Tom

Given the context I'm assuming this means 10/22/12-23:59:59PM (~34 hours away) as opposed to 10/22/12-00:00:00AM (~10 hours away)

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:38:32 PM

Just to be safe I am going to stop taking pre-orders at midnight tonight EST.

I am sorry but I wont be taking pre-orders for the second batch until January 1st 2013

If for some reason the web site does not launch today I will still release the specs tonight at midnight (EST)

Something about this bothers me.

That was my first reaction too. At least he will stand by his refund policy, if the specs don't jive.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Bitcoin_Bing

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 06:16:32 PM

If its a small order - maybe you might want to consider seeing a bitcoin lender and getting a loan,

even if I did not stop taking pre-orders early we would very likely hit the hardware limit by months end regardless.

Won't be able to get a loan that fast. Plus I hate getting myself into debt.

Please pm me should anybody cancel their pre order or if there's still maybe a unit left before you ship them out.

Thanks Tom.
c_k
Donator

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 07:09:55 PM

At most, 10 hours to go until details released - man it's been a long wait but it's finally almost here Smiley

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 07:38:09 PM

At most, 10 hours to go until details released - man it's been a long wait but it's finally almost here Smiley

I using this command from time to time to see if he is still redirecting to btcfpga.com

Code:
curl -sL -w "%{url_effective}\\n" http://www.bitcoinasic.com -o /dev/null
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

I using this command from time to time to see if he is still redirecting to btcfpga.com

Code:
curl -sL -w "%{url_effective}\\n" http://www.bitcoinasic.com -o /dev/null
Smiley

Ploo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 07:43:00 PM

Will shipments be made from 29th November onwards, everyday? Meaning those near the end of the the preorder queue could receive their order 9 days later (assuming 100 units a day) than the first preorders? Or will you get them ready for shipping and ship all on the same day? If it's the first scenario, how many units will be shipped per day? Will there be some sort of customs fee to pay for import to the UK?

I'm trying to get some sort of an idea to how well off the first bunch are going to be compared to the last lot, so I'd appreciate it if you could let us know more on this.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: