Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:19:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218400 times)
TheHarbinger

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:21:13 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2012, 02:23:40 AM by Maged

(Actually, the power supply should not be run at 100% load, so I am sure these are very subtle hints from Tom that a Lot of 10 units will comfortably run within the sustained power envelope of this 1k watt PSU. Otherwise he would be pretty insane to be marketing it for 10 units at 100watts each.

http://www.seasonicusa.com/Platinum_Series.htm

It should be exciting news for all prospective bASIC buyers. It also shows that it is not an impossibility to hit 100watts or less for a 54Gh/s unit.

<HINT, HINT>

EDIT: Also he is doing this with 6 chips on a bASIC design vs 8 chips for a BFL Single SC unit. So interesting times ahead...

Actually, last I checked, Seasonic PSUs were rated for 100% continuous duty use, I use them exclusively on my rigs.  I haven't looked specifically at the one listed for sale on the website, but I doubt it has a different duty rating.  Seasonics are quite possibly the best consumer PSUs you can buy.

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:50:52 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2012, 02:04:10 PM by Sitarow

That's because, as I understand it, bASIC only has 1 employee. Where as BFL has 6 customer representatives, 1 office manager, 1 engineer, plus Josh and an unknown number of assemblers. BFL might have even more employees that I am unaware of.

and I still have better customer service and faster response time than they do.

I can see how it is much easier to provide customer service when you have a lower volume of inquires. BFL has stated that they answer more than 500 emails a day.

Tom you say that you have the fastest customer service. I see in this thread that it takes some 4 days to get a response from you and that you sometimes don't respond at all unless an additional email is sent. Where is your empirical evidence that your stated facts are not fictional? It sounds like to me your saying your Led Zeppelin album is better than BFL's Aerosmith album. Just because you say it's so doesn't make it so.

Tom, could you help me understand something? Why is it that you are providing pictures of your office but not of your ASIC products while BFL is providing pictures of their ASIC products but not their office? Is it a case of priorities?

Tom, lets talk about your FPGA product. Almost every electronic product sold in the US must be tested for spurious radio frequency emissions before marketed, sold, or delivered in the US market. The pictures I've seen of your FPGA product don't include a chassis that would stop spurious emissions. Tom I believe that your FPGA offering doesn't conform to the Code of Federal Regulations, title 47, part 15, subpart B. Penalties may include $16,000 for each violation and seizure of violating electronic devices. These penalties may also be assessed against each US recipient using violating products.

Tom, you may want to stop deliveries to the US market to avoid financial penalties to your self and your US recipients using your FPGA products. I would humbly suggest you contact an attorney and find an RF testing lab to insure your products are in compliance with federal regulations. Tom you just know that when people read this posting that some of them will make a report with the FCC. You'll be wondering for the next few months whether the FCC will be paying you a visit and conduct a seizure.

This posting are my beliefs and is not meant to be legal advice.

I wonder how creating a chassis and RF testing for BitcionASIC / BTCFPGA products is going to affect their delivery to
their customers?

I believe that BitcionASIC / BTCFPGA will be the first Bitcoin hardware manufacture to go bankrupt. If BitcionASIC / BTCFPGA goes bankrupt there goes the warranty.

LOL these devices do not emit any radio frequencies EDIT: in an eclossed CSA certified Case.... LOL

In Canada CSA Certified is needed on electronic devices Edit: Or operated under CSA Standards because if the devices are the cause of a fire then your insurance may not be honored.

I wonder if my GPU x 5 Cards are operating within the CSA certified standard? Hmmm I wonder if they conform to FCC / CSA rules?
I fully intend to put these into a CSA/FCC certified concealed box thanks.

If you choose to operate these devices I would consider taking some basic precautions.

scrybe

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 02:03:16 PM

Quick request that the SATA-> Molex adapters become available on BTCFPGA.com, or that you transfer the accounts over to bitcoinasic.net so that I can just straight buy them from there.

Cheers Tom!

He put a Molex onboard as well as the barrel connector, it was cheaper than adapters. So no problems there.

Re: UL/CSA certifications, those have to be held by the device that plugs into the wall (mains for the Brits) but the devices that use the DC power provided by your Seasonic or wall-wart does not require UL Listing or CSA certification in any case that I am aware of. Otherwise every video card, etc would have to have UL listing.

This is a major reason why the wall-wart has gotten so popular over the last 25 years, international flexibility actually being number 2 in cost savings for at least one of my customers.

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 02:07:22 PM

Email re-sent.  Once from my mail host, and again from gmail just in case.  Both will have the subject line "Re: BTCFPGA - High Efficiency Bitcoin Mining  - Order 726".

I just wanted to ask if I could upgrade the order from a 27 to the 54Ghps product.

Did you pay the $1000~ or the $500~ price?

It was the $599 price.  I would pay the difference to upgrade.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 02:18:18 PM

Email re-sent.  Once from my mail host, and again from gmail just in case.  Both will have the subject line "Re: BTCFPGA - High Efficiency Bitcoin Mining  - Order 726".

I just wanted to ask if I could upgrade the order from a 27 to the 54Ghps product.

It was the $599 price.  I would pay the difference to upgrade.

https://www.btcfpga.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=60
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 02:52:56 PM

It was the $599 price.  I would pay the difference to upgrade.

Now how did I not see that before?  Thanks.

I assume (hope) I won't lose my place in the pre-order queue by upgrading.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 03:24:19 PM

Quick request that the SATA-> Molex adapters become available on BTCFPGA.com, or that you transfer the accounts over to bitcoinasic.net so that I can just straight buy them from there.

Cheers Tom!

He put a Molex onboard as well as the barrel connector, it was cheaper than adapters. So no problems there.

Re: UL/CSA certifications, those have to be held by the device that plugs into the wall (mains for the Brits) but the devices that use the DC power provided by your Seasonic or wall-wart does not require UL Listing or CSA certification in any case that I am aware of. Otherwise every video card, etc would have to have UL listing.

This is a major reason why the wall-wart has gotten so popular over the last 25 years, international flexibility actually being number 2 in cost savings for at least one of my customers.

+1
Nootropic

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 04:02:00 PM

So just to be clear, the bASIC will:

a) be able to connect directly to wall socket for power via included "dc barrel connector"
b) connect to hosting device via included micro/mini USB

Correct? Am I missing any other connections the device will require?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 04:05:59 PM

a) be able to connect directly to wall socket for power via included "dc barrel connector"

While I like the idea of everyone trying that as it will keep network hashrate down, you might want to reconsider hooking the barrel jack directly to the wall.
Nootropic

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 04:10:00 PM

While I like the idea of everyone trying that as it will keep network hashrate down, you might want to reconsider hooking the barrel jack directly to the wall.

Whatever, this thing
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 04:13:22 PM

Whatever, this thing
I don't think Tom's indicated that it comes with a 12V power adapter.
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 04:17:43 PM

I believe that for powering the device, your can use either a wallwart-style power adapter plugged into the wall with its barrel connector, or you can use a 4-pin Molex connector from a PC power supply, like were used to power the older PATA drives.

For communication with the device, you must use USB.  You cannot power the device using USB.

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 04:26:36 PM

It was the $599 price.  I would pay the difference to upgrade.

Now how did I not see that before?  Thanks.

I assume (hope) I won't lose my place in the pre-order queue by upgrading.

Upgrade ordered.  No need to email back now.  Thanks.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 05:02:48 PM

Anyway yes, the thing should run at 12V.

From the ali specs:
+3.3V@25A, +5V@25A, +12V@83A, -12V@0.5A, +5VSB@3A

The only way to get 1000W out of there is to multiply 12*83. It will certanly not be 5V or 3.3V.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Nootropic

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 05:49:38 PM

I believe that for powering the device, your can use either a wallwart-style power adapter plugged into the wall with its barrel connector, or you can use a 4-pin Molex connector from a PC power supply, like were used to power the older PATA drives.

For communication with the device, you must use USB.  You cannot power the device using USB.

do you reckon the power adapter will be included? i'm not sure where i could pick one up around here.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 06:14:59 PM

do you reckon the power adapter will be included? i'm not sure where i could pick one up around here.

I don't believe the bASIC devices will come with a wall wart power adapter or at least Tom has not made mention of one yet. Its not listed on the bASIC order page.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Miles Bennett Dyson

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 06:24:07 PM

I have the 860watt version of this PSU in my computer, it's "probably the best psu ever" according to anandtech: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5464/seasonic-platinum-series-860w

Since I need to have my computer on to mine I will use the computers power supply to power the bASIC's of course, but I would need really long molex power cables (want to have boards around 1.5meter from computer), any ideas where they sell meter long of those or I need to make them myself?

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 06:27:15 PM

I have the 860watt version of this PSU in my computer, it's "probably the best psu ever" according to anandtech: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5464/seasonic-platinum-series-860w

Since I need to have my computer on to mine I will use the computers power supply to power the bASIC's of course, but I would need really long molex power cables (want to have boards around 1.5meter from computer), any ideas where they sell meter long of those or I need to make them myself?

I don't know that (you could really easly do that yourself, just be sure you take great cables).

A sidenote: tension decreases with the distances of the wire. So if you have a 10 meter long wire and you start at 12V, you might arrive at 11V at the other side. I would be sure that i did it right before risking to damage Xk$ of mining device.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
scrybe

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 06:30:11 PM

I don't know that (you could really easly do that yourself, just be sure you take great cables).

A sidenote: tension decreases with the distances of the wire. So if you have a 10 meter long wire and you start at 12V, you might arrive at 11V at the other side. I would be sure that i did it right before risking to damage Xk$ of mining device.

finding one will be a miracle, it is intended to be an internal connector. You should be able to get the connectors pretty easily since they have been standard in industrial and computer equipment for 40+ years.

Tension=voltage?

Resistance increases as you go to a smaller wire (higher gauge) as well, so be sure to keep those lines nice and fat since they will be carrying 100W DC.

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
jborkl

Activity: 246

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 06:31:56 PM

Want to thank Tom.

The magnetic sticker was in the shipment from Casacius.

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: