Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:12:57 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 10:52:03 AM by defunctec

Update 1/2

Crown will soon have a payment processor for merchant adoption.

http://coinpayments.net

will be our host.

Expect the addition to be a couple more days away, please if you have any ideas on which merchants may best suit Crown, let us know Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:55:23 AM

Update 2/2

Crown can now be accepted directly by merchant's. Thanks to coinpayments.net for hosting us!

https://www.coinpayments.net/supported-coins
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:07:48 PM

Coinpayments.net added to OP Smiley

[EXCHANGES]

valdemar99

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:48:43 AM

All due respect to the development team.  The website looks great and I am looking forward to the wallet and core updates.  That being said... the white papers while well intentioned are completely overwrought.

The preamble and pseudo-philosophy does not add anything.  The lack of clear objectives and lack of technical specifications for what is being proposed is concerning.  Moreover, having to sift through all the superfluous text to understand what exactly is being proposed is a detriment.  I should be able to look at the title of the white paper or the first sentence and understand what is being proposed, instead I have read them all and feel like almost nothing has been clarified, only confused.

The problems crown has proposed to solve, block size and POS/POW alternative are what might bring value to this project.  I understand setting the foundations of the project, but this can be accomplished without the quotes and in plain language that is easily digestible.  Too much esoteric nonsense.

Anyways.  Hopefully more information about these solutions will be available sooner rather than later.

I appreciate the effort of the Crown Team.

With the criticisms you've made we have decided to move away from whitepaper branding, instead they'll be called 'Crown Papers' from now on.

The Crown Papers are more of a compass rather than a specific destination. We know which way we need to go but are unsure about the obstacles we may need to jump over to reach our destination. As we release new features to the network, also will follow technical spec to explain the addition. So maybe slapping white paper in my updates wasn't the best plan.

As a team we have lots to think about right now, like release of wallets, contacting everyone to update, testing...
Once all this is out of the way, we can start to really nail down the 'whitepaper issue'.

good thinking here is prevailing now ..so best of luck for further progress.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:38:55 AM

All due respect to the development team.  The website looks great and I am looking forward to the wallet and core updates.  That being said... the white papers while well intentioned are completely overwrought.

The preamble and pseudo-philosophy does not add anything.  The lack of clear objectives and lack of technical specifications for what is being proposed is concerning.  Moreover, having to sift through all the superfluous text to understand what exactly is being proposed is a detriment.  I should be able to look at the title of the white paper or the first sentence and understand what is being proposed, instead I have read them all and feel like almost nothing has been clarified, only confused.

The problems crown has proposed to solve, block size and POS/POW alternative are what might bring value to this project.  I understand setting the foundations of the project, but this can be accomplished without the quotes and in plain language that is easily digestible.  Too much esoteric nonsense.

Anyways.  Hopefully more information about these solutions will be available sooner rather than later.

I appreciate the effort of the Crown Team.

With the criticisms you've made we have decided to move away from whitepaper branding, instead they'll be called 'Crown Papers' from now on.

The Crown Papers are more of a compass rather than a specific destination. We know which way we need to go but are unsure about the obstacles we may need to jump over to reach our destination. As we release new features to the network, also will follow technical spec to explain the addition. So maybe slapping white paper in my updates wasn't the best plan.

As a team we have lots to think about right now, like release of wallets, contacting everyone to update, testing...
Once all this is out of the way, we can start to really nail down the 'whitepaper issue'.

good thinking here is prevailing now ..so best of luck for further progress.

Thanks.  Work on next two releases is progressing nicely.  Busy times indeed.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 10:47:55 AM

Very good article here that casts a skeptical light over the current hysteria for ICOs.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2017/05/08/2188465/crypto-icos-as-the-new-railway-bonds/

People are throwing billions at these ICOs, I wonder two things:

1) What proportion of the ICOs will deliver?  More or less than the traditionally funded crypto project?

2) How long until there is a high profile legal crack down? https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/attorney-pamela-morgan-explores-initial-coin-offerings-legal-perspective/
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 03:15:11 PM

Very good article here that casts a skeptical light over the current hysteria for ICOs.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2017/05/08/2188465/crypto-icos-as-the-new-railway-bonds/

People are throwing billions at these ICOs, I wonder two things:

1) What proportion of the ICOs will deliver?  More or less than the traditionally funded crypto project?

2) How long until there is a high profile legal crack down? https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/attorney-pamela-morgan-explores-initial-coin-offerings-legal-perspective/

This is a very uncomfortable situation for crypto overall, because as these ICOs will be failing and people will be losing money creating a bad karma for cryptospace.

On the other hand, projects which were started fairly like Crown was and teams who have delivered what they have promised will be strengthened by the new attention the crypto space is getting from the ICOs.

ComputerGenie

Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:33:18 PM

The main issue is spotlight/attention. For every ICO there's probably 100 IPOs (99% of which will fail), and every ICO fail will get 100 times more attention than the combined attention of 100 IPO fails. Mainstream wants to see cryptos fail as a whole, so every "fail" or "setback" will be magnified.  Cry

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 07:18:07 AM

crown team is working hard off the radar, a good time to invest, the first big pump already showed that there is interest in the project. i invested a bit
adam yung

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:22:27 AM

No problem mate.  I want to test some of my scripts at Digital Ocean so I'll have a good opportunity to set them up next week.

I'll set 8 up using the same pubkey for ease of auditing.
Bigzilla

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:11:16 AM

An earlier interview done with Crown

https://www.investitin.com/crown-coin/

outdated
rttia

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:47:07 AM

Hi

After windows wallet update when i try to start throne i get error: Not capable throne: Could not connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
I updated linux vps server too, but nothing changed...

double check they are updated, check output from "throne outputs" if the txid and vout are correct in your throne.conf
thanks for new updates and new arrivals related to this.....
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 11:05:24 AM

The main issue is spotlight/attention. For every ICO there's probably 100 IPOs (99% of which will fail), and every ICO fail will get 100 times more attention than the combined attention of 100 IPO fails. Mainstream wants to see cryptos fail as a whole, so every "fail" or "setback" will be magnified.  Cry

thanks for that comment, its a good one  Wink

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 07:54:50 AM

CROWN UPDATE MAY 24TH

1. CORE UPDATE
The DEV team is working hard on releasing our next code update, due very shortly now. One of the key features will be the voting system implementation, where the community will be able to vote for proposals to be implemented democratically. Also developers will be able to be paid for implementing their ideas.

2. TEAM UPDATE
Please make sure you read our last team release since it contains a lot of important information about current team changes. We have been joined by a ace developer and several of our devs have quit their jobs to dedicate their full time effort toward Crown, which is a huge achievement. More info here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=815487.msg18879892#msg18879892

3. CROWN.TECH WEBSITE UPDATE
Our current website has done a great job and helped the Crown project to get to 10 mil USD market cap. We are discussing our look with several high profile partners and community members and we are of the opinion that we need to go further. We will be hiring professional designers and UX developers to help us simplify the web, making it more clear since we currently have too much text and information, people get confused. We expect this work to take between 8 to 12 weeks and we will be discussing the changes with the community. Our next web has to be the best web in crypto and it aims to communicate the Crown project in a more professional manner.

4. GLOBAL STARTUP TO JOIN THE CROWN BLOCKCHAIN
We are working hard to bring a London based startup to work closer with us and implement its business model on the Crown blockchain. We can not disclose more information currently as lawyers are drafting the contract. We have two goals from this deal: 1. link the buyer / seller relationship transaction to the Crown blockchain 2. Help to list the company's digital token on the Crown blockchain. We believe that this combination will pave the way towards more uses of the Crown blockchain and drive more "startup" attention towards us.

5. OPEN PROJECT / another open source app
The Crown dev team has moved all Crown related documentation and planning to Open Project. This has increased the efficiency of the team. One of the cool stuff, we are building on open project is a "Crown wiki" http://op.crownlab.eu/projects/crown-atomic/wiki/crown-wiki-1 where the community is free to contribute building the infrastructure and information base around the Crown project. Thank you @stonehedge ! After Mattermost we have implemented another open project which is not owning our data and selling them.

6. CROWN REDDIT
The team is working hard on a complete Crown REDDIT page redesign and remake. We will be launching the new Reddit page in the coming weeks, hope the community will contribute there as well!

7. APPLE HAS REJECTED OUR CROWNPAY iphone app
After two weeks in review status of our great mobile application, we were notified by Apple that we will not be currently allowed to iTunes due to:  3. 1.5 Business: Payments - Physical Goods or Services Outside of the App / Your app facilitates the transmission of a virtual currency that is not approved for the App Store.
We were surprised by this decision since there are approx 10 coins which have been allowed to iTunes. We believe this is not a fair approach. We are working to answer to Apple in a polite way and trying our best to open a discussion with them in order to be allowed to iTunes.

8. DEV TEAM MEETING IN MONTREAL END OF AUGUST
After our successful Prague meeting, the dev team will be meeting in Toronto from 17th to the 20th of August, 2017. We will hold a community session on the 19th of August. More info to come!

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:42:58 AM

CROWN UPDATE MAY 24TH

1. CORE UPDATE
The DEV team is working hard on releasing our next code update, due very shortly now. One of the key features will be the voting system implementation, where the community will be able to vote for proposals to be implemented democratically. Also developers will be able to be paid for implementing their ideas.

2. TEAM UPDATE
Please make sure you read our last team release since it contains a lot of important information about current team changes. We have been joined by a ace developer and several of our devs have quit their jobs to dedicate their full time effort toward Crown, which is a huge achievement. More info here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=815487.msg18879892#msg18879892

3. CROWN.TECH WEBSITE UPDATE
Our current website has done a great job and helped the Crown project to get to 10 mil USD market cap. We are discussing our look with several high profile partners and community members and we are of the opinion that we need to go further. We will be hiring professional designers and UX developers to help us simplify the web, making it more clear since we currently have too much text and information, people get confused. We expect this work to take between 8 to 12 weeks and we will be discussing the changes with the community. Our next web has to be the best web in crypto and it aims to communicate the Crown project in a more professional manner.

4. GLOBAL STARTUP TO JOIN THE CROWN BLOCKCHAIN
We are working hard to bring a London based startup to work closer with us and implement its business model on the Crown blockchain. We can not disclose more information currently as lawyers are drafting the contract. We have two goals from this deal: 1. link the buyer / seller relationship transaction to the Crown blockchain 2. Help to list the company's digital token on the Crown blockchain. We believe that this combination will pave the way towards more uses of the Crown blockchain and drive more "startup" attention towards us.

5. OPEN PROJECT / another open source app
The Crown dev team has moved all Crown related documentation and planning to Open Project. This has increased the efficiency of the team. One of the cool stuff, we are building on open project is a "Crown wiki" http://op.crownlab.eu/projects/crown-atomic/wiki/crown-wiki-1 where the community is free to contribute building the infrastructure and information base around the Crown project. Thank you @stonehedge ! After Mattermost we have implemented another open project which is not owning our data and selling them.

6. CROWN REDDIT
The team is working hard on a complete Crown REDDIT page redesign and remake. We will be launching the new Reddit page in the coming weeks, hope the community will contribute there as well!

7. APPLE HAS REJECTED OUR CROWNPAY iphone app
After two weeks in review status of our great mobile application, we were notified by Apple that we will not be currently allowed to iTunes due to:  3. 1.5 Business: Payments - Physical Goods or Services Outside of the App / Your app facilitates the transmission of a virtual currency that is not approved for the App Store.
We were surprised by this decision since there are approx 10 coins which have been allowed to iTunes. We believe this is not a fair approach. We are working to answer to Apple in a polite way and trying our best to open a discussion with them in order to be allowed to iTunes.

8. DEV TEAM MEETING IN MONTREAL END OF AUGUST
After our successful Prague meeting, the dev team will be meeting in Toronto from 17th to the 20th of August, 2017. We will hold a community session on the 19th of August. More info to come!

Brilliant update!
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 06:40:33 PM

you guys deserve some respect for your hard work, i just filled my bags with cheap crown

https://twitter.com/tehMoonwalker/status/867449082536656896
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:02:27 PM

Anyone interested in mining Crown can now join Infernopool at https://infernopool.com or https://yiimp.infernopool.com Crown miners will get the benefit of hashing on a multipool while still receiving a crown payment.
Use your crown address as the username and c=CRW as the password
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:36:58 PM

Important

Everyone that uses the Android wallet 'CrownPay' are advised to move their Crown tokens to their desktop wallet before the end of May. The wallet will be updated to utilise better encryption and is due out at the end of May, with the core updates. You will have issues recovering tokens if you don't do this.

Sorry for the inconvenience of this but the team think its a small price to pay for the improvements being made to the wallet.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:25:05 PM

Cryptrader has added the Bittrex CRW/BTC market. Much better chart tool than Bittrex (No offence Bittrex Wink)

https://cryptrader.com/charts/bittrex/crw/btc
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:32:20 PM

Bounty Announcement

Crown Wiki needs lots of infomation contributing to it. We have decided to offer a bounty for each successful article submitted. For example if you was comparing Crown to Dash/Bitcoin and we used this article on the wiki, you will be rewarded

50 CRW

If you submit a concise, fluid tutorial video, for any section of the wiki and is successful in being uploaded you'll receive a reward of

200 CRW

Please join us on mattermost or PM me for more infomation

CROWN WIKI
MATTERMOST CHAT

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: