Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:21:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 03:24:42 AM

no, its merged in my own pool software, i can not switch to other pools on the fly Sad
the explorers show an actual difference of 2154 CRW for these 8 hours
plus additional time we need until the solution

but because of the netsplit, etc.. it think 50% of this will be fine..
and i also don't want a "refund", just a bounty, so maybe 10% will be perfectly ok..

Send me an address to refund some of the CRW that was mined, and you should be able to connect and get back on the correct chain now. Both blockpioneers and chainz reporting the same block, with c-cex updated and infernopool mining. Working on getting xpool online.
Again if you could set auxminingaddr=<MiningAddressHere> and provide that address for block statistics that would be greatly appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 04:47:57 AM

no, its merged in my own pool software, i can not switch to other pools on the fly Sad
the explorers show an actual difference of 2154 CRW for these 8 hours
plus additional time we need until the solution

but because of the netsplit, etc.. it think 50% of this will be fine..
and i also don't want a "refund", just a bounty, so maybe 10% will be perfectly ok..

Send me an address to refund some of the CRW that was mined, and you should be able to connect and get back on the correct chain now. Both blockpioneers and chainz reporting the same block, with c-cex updated and infernopool mining. Working on getting xpool online.
Again if you could set auxminingaddr=<MiningAddressHere> and provide that address for block statistics that would be greatly appreciated

All lost funds will be compensated from our DEV fund. Please everyone send me a PM or paste it here.

dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 04:49:59 AM

Merged mining always has its own limit.

It it hard to overcome..

From wan.
M8BWNNRFMNdak68c

Activity: 373

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:35:54 AM

hmm quite good summary, but some points are wrong
5. Due to enforcement being on in the release, the fork was a necessary result of the first miner who started running the new code. And because at that initial point, after the first mining installed the new code, less hashing power was working on the fork/network/blockchain which the new release mines on -- the fork which the new nodes and new code is running on has a shorter blockchain.
6.  The default way that a node knows which blockchain is valid is by it's length -- so this un-anticipated fork has created a blockchain which is (or was until al little bit ago in my understanding) being mined by miners running the old buggy code.  So as long as the blockchain mined by old-buggy code is longer -- it will be preferred as "valid" by the wallets.  This is part of the logic of mining and wallets -- the longer chain is always the one which has more compute power invested in it and right... except...
7. BUT in this case the longer chain is running on old buggy code, and going with the longer chain would only punish the folks who updated their code, which includes CCEX, the exchange.
- i was on the longer chain with the old client, but then also was on the same chain after updating to the new client ( maybe the problem was, that i did not delete all files, so the chain was traferred to the new client? )
- i dont understand enforcement completely.. but i think its an team play of blockchains and masternodes.. so it might be even more complex, with an old node supporting the new chain and vice versa.. so we were maybe even spilt in 4 subnets ( old nodes, new nodes, old chain, new chain )
- finally i don't understand why c-cex was on the shorter chain? ( you said they had updated and the client always takes the longer chain.. )
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:57:46 AM

hmm quite good summary, but some points are wrong
5. Due to enforcement being on in the release, the fork was a necessary result of the first miner who started running the new code. And because at that initial point, after the first mining installed the new code, less hashing power was working on the fork/network/blockchain which the new release mines on -- the fork which the new nodes and new code is running on has a shorter blockchain.
6.  The default way that a node knows which blockchain is valid is by it's length -- so this un-anticipated fork has created a blockchain which is (or was until al little bit ago in my understanding) being mined by miners running the old buggy code.  So as long as the blockchain mined by old-buggy code is longer -- it will be preferred as "valid" by the wallets.  This is part of the logic of mining and wallets -- the longer chain is always the one which has more compute power invested in it and right... except...
7. BUT in this case the longer chain is running on old buggy code, and going with the longer chain would only punish the folks who updated their code, which includes CCEX, the exchange.
- i was on the longer chain with the old client, but then also was on the same chain after updating to the new client ( maybe the problem was, that i did not delete all files, so the chain was traferred to the new client? )
- i dont understand enforcement completely.. but i think its an team play of blockchains and masternodes.. so it might be even more complex, with an old node supporting the new chain and vice versa.. so we were maybe even spilt in 4 subnets ( old nodes, new nodes, old chain, new chain )
- finally i don't understand why c-cex was on the shorter chain? ( you said they had updated and the client always takes the longer chain.. )

-Yupp you are correct in saying that after swapping to the new client you still had issues because the blocks were still technically there.

Enforcement is a bit tricky and im still learning a bit about it myself, but basically as the masternodes come online they have consensus of which node needsto be paid to keep everything even. all of these nodes have to agree on the node to pay. if there is a client that doesnt agree. they will disconnect from that part of the network, and usually end up forking. all thrones should agree on the next node to pay, otherwise they get removed. atleast that is my understanding of it all.
(and you seem to have a pretty good understanding of most of it. the biggest thing being the enforcement issue.)

-ccex was one of the first ones to update. so they in turn jumped onto the new client before enforcement was enabled. and once it did enable it didn't affect them at all Wink

Currently with the protocol version 70040 client it will not connect to any 0.9.5 nodes, so eventually they will get cutoff from the network once the protocol version 70030 nodes update to remove enforcement.
M8BWNNRFMNdak68c

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:03:07 AM

hmm.. but your theory is still not right..
it seems that now all clients are on the "long", "new" chain.. ( not on the old one, wihich was the intention )
but whe have 6/4 blocks AND 5/5 blocks.. so new and old clients..
i did not loose the coins of the 8 hours.. indeed, i did not even need to stop mining..

nevertheless, we have a network that is on one state. so this seems to be done..
mining again now.. ( different address )
auxminingaddr=1KVdipnBtM4hH1uRsCeisQSJtxN7caQzHJ
( pool has no Name, call him Fred )
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:28:51 AM

hmm.. but your theory is still not right..
it seems that now all clients are on the "long", "new" chain.. ( not on the old one, wihich was the intention )
but whe have 6/4 blocks AND 5/5 blocks.. so new and old clients..
i did not loose the coins of the 8 hours.. indeed, i did not even need to stop mining..

nevertheless, we have a network that is on one state. so this seems to be done..
mining again now.. ( different address )
auxminingaddr=1KVdipnBtM4hH1uRsCeisQSJtxN7caQzHJ
( pool has no Name, call him Fred )

The intention was to have everyone updated to the new chain, and the theory was that enforcement wouldn't quickly enable. allowing blocks from the 0.9.5(70020) clients to be accepted by the new nodes. when enforcement turned on(which was unexpected) it started denying them and that's when we started to see the forks. then as new clients connected to the longer chain and to more 0.12.0.60(70030) nodes people start their thrones, and BOOM another fork. and so on and so on. so there was probably a few more forks than both of us saw even. but c-cex/infernopool were the original fork.

with the new protocol version 70040, it only connects to the 70030/70040 nodes. so as the 70030 nodes go offline, the 70020 nodes will go with them.
protocol version 70040 nodes have enforcement disabled, but still accept blocks from the old 0.9.5(70020) nodes that are connected to 70030 nodes that dont have enough thrones to enable the enforcement.

Alert keys were invalid, and explained incorrectly to parts of the team by previous developers which is definitely no fault of their own. I helped to explain that issue as well. and update all of the spork/throne/alert keys correctly. Now we can alert the network if there is issues, as well as disable/enable sporks without forcing a new client version.

In short it was a shit show absolutely nobody was expecting, and something that wasn't noticed during testing, since we only had a small number of thrones running during the test.
But it's fixed now ! So we're on the right track. Sometime in the next week most likely I will enable the enforcement again. once everything seems stable.
ACP

Activity: 612
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:37:02 AM

ffs I'm going to be honest. Stop hardforking.
edit: you guys keep trying to fix something that isn't broken.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:42:25 AM

Hardforks are a sign of progression. Doing it improperly is a sign of inexperience -_- we still have some things to learn. But at least we're not afraid to admit it Wink
ACP

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:43:53 AM

Hardforks are a sign of progression. Doing it improperly is a sign of inexperience -_- we still have some things to learn. But at least we're not afraid to admit it Wink
No that's BS
Every time this coin look like it has progression it gets hard forked, you are not going to be able to take it to the next level fixing things that are not broken.
Do you realize how annoying it is to update to the new client only for it to be re updated days later then log in and see that your master nodes are not on the correct fork . You guys know damn well I support this coin but I also am going to give you honesty.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:47:34 AM

No that's BS
Every time this coin look like it has progression it gets hard forked, you are not going to be able to take it to the next level fixing things that are not broken.

Fixing things that aren't broken? There is always room for improvement. And the progression your seeing was the codebase updates. To build upon the codebase to transform it into what we need. The Crown papers, GUI updates, Performance increase with the new core, proposals on the blockchain, shall I go on?
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:50:02 AM

No that's BS
Do you realize how annoying it is to update to the new client only for it to be re updated days later then log in and see that your master nodes are not on the correct fork . You guys know damn well I support this coin but I also am going to give you honesty.

AS I said it was something that was not seen during testing, and it was unexpected during release. We are taking responsibility for the issue.
What about the money the team has put toward rentals. Or the hours dedicated to fix the network? Or updating the services that we have. Believe me when I say none of us are happy about it either.
Mavricks

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:57:31 AM

No that's BS

AS I said it was something that was not seen during testing, and it was unexpected during release. We are taking responsibility for the issue.
What about the money the team has put toward rentals. Or the hours dedicated to fix the network? Or updating the services that we have. Believe me when I say none of us are happy about it either.
Your windows clients do you have the .zip for them they are as tar on the download links on forum ann page. Also, I may be on the right chain I will look more at it tonight when I have time. I was one of the first to update pre release so I doubt it. It was buggy to compile but got them all up and running Wink
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:00:53 AM

No that's BS

Your windows clients do you have the .zip for them they are as tar on the download links on forum ann page. Also, I may be on the right chain I will look more at it tonight when I have time. I was one of the first to update pre release so I doubt it.

You should be able to download the .tar.gz and extract it the same as a .zip, Once you download the new client it should automatically connect to the correct chain. as it is now the longest and most valid.
rotzbouf

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:01:49 AM

Nice to see a dev team doing their best to make their community happy. It's not a normal thing that devs propose refunds of lost coins in such situations. I like this coin more everyday.

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
ACP

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:04:23 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2017, 10:18:30 AM by ACP

No that's BS

Your windows clients do you have the .zip for them they are as tar on the download links on forum ann page. Also, I may be on the right chain I will look more at it tonight when I have time. I was one of the first to update pre release so I doubt it.

You should be able to download the .tar.gz and extract it the same as a .zip, Once you download the new client it should automatically connect to the correct chain. as it is now the longest and most valid.
My mistake I have a PM from you guys a few days ago about the new update and links provided, sorry for being rude regarding everything. (got out of wrong side of bed trolface)
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:32:54 AM

No that's BS

My mistake I have a PM from you guys a few days ago about the new update and links provided, sorry for being rude regarding everything. (got out of wrong side of bed trolface)

No problem that was me this morning too, and chaositec when he woke up to find out -_- lol definitely not intentional, and we tried to keep as many people updated through the process as possible.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:53:08 AM

No that's BS

No problem that was me this morning too, and chaositec when he woke up to find out -_- lol definitely not intentional, and we tried to keep as many people updated through the process as possible.

It was probably a good thing I was under general anesthetic this morning Wink

urban_idler lost it a bit last week too.  Just goes to show how hard we're working, how tired we are and how much we care tbh.

We fucked up but we're also getting it under control and taking responsibility for it.  I'm lucky to be part of this team.
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:11:32 PM

No that's BS

It's a very intense time for Crown, glad to have people here to be honest and point out issues.
M8BWNNRFMNdak68c

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:14:46 PM

thank you all for the hard work Smiley

the chain is working now i think! no more 90%-"attacks", we have 3 pools at the moment.. Smiley
next problem: what about masternodes?
i can start my throne, but it will not show up in the list.

throne list
{
    "d719416da35148f0c406d988711bc2f43f3614ffde960db525bedf6ae1d325df-0" : "ENABLED",
    "b1116e1e5ea614f5fb361d8e38d28044da908acf17f3ba8c1b96b622ed15bed1-0" : "ENABLED",
    "acef36ec552c99db18f34a3d325c963b61f002a2d9ea8f150e91fc9db09c04ee-1" : "ENABLED",
    "fdd364e79778097862c6a6307ee3be57d933253aa531c8b00496fcc79672a767-0" : "ENABLED",
    "0eb5a4d42ef0914ff959c49d166eb6830aeee57f23b3ee4ed8d895817b2f5733-0" : "ENABLED",
    "2c89eafc2dab5a5ca84ee3ef27c784d14589d775291cb7316ef6756c6a1e7f03-0" : "ENABLED",
    "33a964d42471e0dcf8fb7892cabb47a2fb8947f81d2c68d48278058443092824-0" : "ENABLED",
    "c8841e10a80d7e255612928b772f931e87183fe829791943ed8ac1f9f4635819-1" : "ENABLED",
    "43d446c63b33517ef817b39127046f6d6fd22b6d805eee02fd40cbbb9c1c76e2-1" : "ENABLED",
    "cb489afcca9c60eaf1aa58e4ff321073d56429fd431f6e4d92827e42df3a1e6b-0" : "ENABLED",
    "6d30c795e90dfa013ec2985ab809db54626c162ba112e26aa8326fdebd2b5233-1" : "ENABLED",
    "d13e50476aea1879eeb9234b58117035fb5e26eee78d529df9119a8ef7c9eadc-1" : "ENABLED",
    "b047565742add547e613175809d97deb71d204bb450a9fbeba92bb1f066f533f-0" : "ENABLED",
    "27e9972c381b449b022397b6c0e93ab7fafbfdea35adf58bd69cec6a956712a2-0" : "ENABLED",
    "1c5bf02bdf612a90a8aaf1f6e232f04bccb3dfa49ad16b429ebf65d2cf51cd04-0" : "ENABLED",
    "39b1fdbc723020455f673d99375654dda830d86fd148adf51d08931dbffff7ff-0" : "ENABLED",
    "879eff3ec69af657ea7581e1b28daf8afab587b2cab5e2a5b9fb2d811fb8c664-0" : "ENABLED",
    "8dfccc190bdf2f96f33ebcbe2d521bf9d427679b95ef3e5d7f73caf63550365c-1" : "ENABLED",
    "675592980d6d44163d78f6d419f4898114fc06f53331a25d5bffea011f77b3d3-0" : "ENABLED",
    "98c5adc352394c3430b39f2a0bbee8b910ff5932803862c44029c6eca705795b-1" : "ENABLED",
    "aff18e5832e5a2a719e341b5e587139ac8760de1946d112c549d2fc3ead91752-1" : "ENABLED",
    "c42e23f2dcb69daaec3cc6ece3755b8e1996746c66145f2897a4cf9e3d13d0d7-1" : "ENABLED",
    "fdf533e78c48b3068c5618620fc383d24af534d16ba68777a8f785bff89a7e8d-0" : "ENABLED",
    "c663a27b4c6aaa662246f954a5ab0d5595600fec1a78a7d397e37092a395c6ff-1" : "ENABLED",
    "304419d6bc324f7e8b37ba18005cd7b0d646aa298e7465b6fc69d08931f60e1d-0" : "ENABLED",
    "43c5516c5326946553b223f5844d4154c51e18acc51cef9bd03088c3fa3ef027-1" : "ENABLED",
    "1cdee2b5e8e7954e2ef7f836c4ce3818927973f7ef15bd26349e989cfcb587d4-0" : "ENABLED",
    "0a2f1197ae7e877629a3fa5e9860b0896f544b169faf11e3fe5bca88feeb5f2b-0" : "ENABLED"
}

throne start
Throne successfully started

( after some minutes: )
throne debug
Not capable throne: Darksend Throne List doesn't include our Throne, shutting down Throne pinging service! CTxIn(COutPoint(236771efdf099ddfdc28733c06930c29122ee6363328b4603b0d81688dacd80a, 0), scriptSig=)

i also have only 4 connections ( last days: 45 )

getinfo
{
    "version" : 120061,
    "protocolversion" : 70040,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: