Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:45:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GAP] Gapcoin - Prime Gap Search - New Math Algo - CPU / GPU - Zero Premine  (Read 286847 times)
holderwhale999
Copper Member

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 05:44:38 PM

LOL.
Fair enuff.
No point anyone else mining it.
I'm guessing even with all that you're only mining about $3 a day?
J

i support this coin from first day, i don't need profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:25:44 AM

LOL.
Fair enuff.
J

How's about dropping some hashrate and lettting others share some blocks? Then we can all held support the coin. Not much support if its a 1 man band.
jhft

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 02:25:40 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2019, 03:47:19 AM by jhft

my wallet is not sync..
how do i mine solo for this coin?
holderwhale999
Copper Member

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:13:14 AM

LOL.
Fair enuff.
J

How's about dropping some hashrate and lettting others share some blocks? Then we can all held support the coin. Not much support if its a 1 man band.

i found only ~5%  of all blocks per day
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 12:06:40 PM

my wallet is not sync..
how do i mine solo for this coin?

Your wallet can sync. by adding nodes from here:

- https://gapcoin.club/windows-gui-setup.php

Solo mine (using CPU's) in the GUI wallet (as per the link) and at the current difficulty you should find a block! Good luck!

Smiley

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
UsernameNumber7

Activity: 256
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 05:53:15 PM

BitcoinFX, your miners do pretty good. 

This being a 32bit coin and small block sizes does favor your method more for getting blocks into the chain.

I see you are getting nice 19,000-20,000 length primes.  With generally higher merits than the base.

However I don't see any future for 32 bit projects not even bitcoin itself.  But I imagine their will be a Bitcoin Split that will adapt to newer encryption so holding bitcoin might not be bad.  Even though it is obvious to me that a simple fix for Gapcoin would be apparently most programmers got the automated project generators mastered.  So no need for real programmers.  As Project generators generate the most profit for their handlers for the least amount of work and translate back into bitcoin mafia home base coin.   

https://www.TRISQUEL.INFO #1 Free Software Linux Operating  System

Trisquel OS "Just Do It"        "Sic Semper Tyranis"
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 10:35:51 AM

UsernameNumber7,

The miners are OK. Any cloud instances that I have running are cpu limited to around 64% and just run the in-wallet linux miner!

The crt rpc miner I run with around 2-4 cores (summer/winter) along with the in-wallet miner running 4-6 cores (summer/winter). It is the crt miner which helps to push up the network difficulty of course (less blocks, but making paths to higher merits).

I don't feel that we need worry to much about the nature or possibility of newer encryption methods at this juncture. You are right though, research and development in this field is advancing quickly. We will attract good developers to work on Gapcoin, I'm sure.

I remain a renegade to the consensus.  Cheesy

Bad news - Gapcoin got removed from coinmarketcap .com - along with a whole bunch of older alts. - due to trading volume being 'to low' and despite myself contacting them. I will get info updated and widgets added for coingecko and coinpaprika etc., The new exchanges will be contacted / listed soon hopefully. The priority is to find a market that will allow Gapcoin trading for US citizens.

Good news - Piday is approaching ...
- https://www.piday.org/ (countdown)

Via twitter Gapcoin Club (in memory of Jonny) will be commencing a Gapcoin giveaway for #Piday. Likely ...

3.14159265 GAP per. (genuine) twitter account. up to 3141.59265358 in total, first come, first served etc.,

(TBD) I'm also considering an amount of Gapcoin for the Giveaway which would be allocated to say accounts which are obviously involved in mathematics / crypto / cryptography ... say 31.41592653 GAP or more? The community would need to help with this one.

Announcement will 'go live' on or before 1st March 2019.

The Gapcoin Club website will host a page for stuff that the community would like to fund (our own roadmap) i.e. paid exchange listings, bounties etc., (if we all require escrow then that is OK with me obviously). Anyhow, lets get things done.

Basically, I'd like to have a really good last run with the original developers version, before we start tinkering.

Short Circuit (5/8) Movie CLIP - Disassembling Frank's Car (1986) HD
- https://youtu.be/hW0V7kZHRSA

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
minerja

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:12:23 PM

Hi,
Any chance someone can compile a wallet to work on Mint 19.1 64bit please.
I know nothing about Linux, and have tried for 2 days to run the compiled files, and to build from source, but too many errors for me.

J
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 06:01:01 PM

Hi,
I know nothing about Linux, and have tried for 2 days to run the compiled files, and to build from source, but too many errors for me.

J

MINT is compatible with Ubuntu software repositories, so what errors are you currently getting ?

Have you tried installing the math repositories for Gapcoin and/or the tool kits etc.,

Still not 100% sure if we might have access to the original Gapcoin repo. on Github ...

Opening a 'cloned' version is required for continued development. I can clone it and allow developers or so can anyone else, so at this juncture its really down to who is present here on the forum.

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 06:09:34 PM

More memes ...

Hey fellow DOGEcoin'ers ...

Just a friendly notice that you can now trade DOGE / GAP at Nova Exchange ...

- https://novaexchange.com/market/DOGE_GAP/

Such Pi, Much WOW! - It's easy to CPU mine at the moment too!  Wink

many Cheers!  Cool

Grin

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:04:46 PM

Minerja,

Check the issues tab on Github.......

Hopefully you can get it working, however I suspect without a couple of developers or so it won't happen.  It is mostly boost errors so it won't be a problem for a dev to clone and fix simple really most of it is trivial to fix even the SSL to 1.1, but Trisquel is the best operating system for mining anyway so no need to move forward yet.  Trisquel works due to still using boost 1.58 which is key as well as using SSL-Dev 1.0.2 which is supported up to 2020 but it is possible GNU-Linux might still maintain SSL 1.0.2 instead of switching.  (I don't know)

However for now, TRISQUEL.INFO operating system is the current up to date DEFAULT Linux miner for Gapcoin.  DEFAULT BY DESIGN INSTEAD OF DEFECTIVE BY DESIGN.

Defective by Design is a GNU side project to patch holes in the Defective By Design mentality of Linux Operating systems. 

Trisquel furthermore is far superior to Ubuntu in many ways which I posted previously on this forum

HTTPS default for operating system updates ect........

Use my signature links for compilation.  Everything is there. 

RUN FREE IS THE TRISQUEL MOTTO, TRISQUEL IS DEFAULT BY DESIGN

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 09:59:44 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2019, 11:38:08 AM by BitcoinFX

Re-starting Gapcoin TESTNET ...

example gapcoin.conf - testnet

Code:
testnet=1
upnp=0
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
port=19661
rpcport=19609
rpcuser=gapcointestnet
rpcpassword=YOUR_RANDOM_GAPCOIN_TESTNET_PASSWORD_CHANGE_THIS
maxconnections=8
addnode=45.62.242.X:19661

{
    "version" : 90200,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
   "blocks" : 0,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 0,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 1.00000000,
    "testnet" : true,
    "keypoololdest" : 1550914425,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "relayfee" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}

If anyone is active on any testnet ... or has any remanence of the/a testnet chain for Gapcoin then please:

addnode 45.62.242.X:19661 add

Notice: Gapcoin Club will start / continue mining the testnet chain on 1st March 2019.

Thanks!

minerja

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 11:56:05 AM

Minerja,

Check the issues tab on Github.......

Hopefully you can get it working, however I suspect without a couple of developers or so it won't happen.  It is mostly boost errors so it won't be a problem for a dev to clone and fix simple really most of it is trivial to fix even the SSL to 1.1, but Trisquel is the best operating system for mining anyway so no need to move forward yet.  Trisquel works due to still using boost 1.58 which is key as well as using SSL-Dev 1.0.2 which is supported up to 2020 but it is possible GNU-Linux might still maintain SSL 1.0.2 instead of switching.  (I don't know)

However for now, TRISQUEL.INFO operating system is the current up to date DEFAULT Linux miner for Gapcoin.  DEFAULT BY DESIGN INSTEAD OF DEFECTIVE BY DESIGN.

Defective by Design is a GNU side project to patch holes in the Defective By Design mentality of Linux Operating systems. 

Trisquel furthermore is far superior to Ubuntu in many ways which I posted previously on this forum

HTTPS default for operating system updates ect........

Use my signature links for compilation.  Everything is there. 

RUN FREE IS THE TRISQUEL MOTTO, TRISQUEL IS DEFAULT BY DESIGN

Hi,
erm,
Thanks for this tip
I wiped a hdd, downloaded a dvd image of TRISQUEL, installed it to said wiped drive
hmmm
First i could hear a weird distorted voice, which i soon realised was a guy telling me which icons my mouse was hovering over, then he started reading out the names of each icon. Then he started to read out the terminal i opened, oh, and then the webpage...hmm, i think you get it.

Second, the default install was in 640x480, so i couldnt actually see half of the controls. I managed to update software...reboot..still 640x480.
I have a 1060 in there, which is normally auto recognised.
Any way having spend about 2 hrs trying to find a way (in 640x480) to install some gpu drivers, i gave up.

Thanks
J
minerja

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 12:03:23 PM

Hi,

J

MINT is compatible with Ubuntu software repositories, so what errors are you currently getting ?

Have you tried installing the math repositories for Gapcoin and/or the tool kits etc.,

Still not 100% sure if we might have access to the original Gapcoin repo. on Github ...

Opening a 'cloned' version is required for continued development. I can clone it and allow developers or so can anyone else, so at this juncture its really down to who is present here on the forum.

Hi,
Thanks for trying to help, but as i said, i have literally zero linux experience, so have no idea what "math repositories" are.
I have started from a clean install using Ubuntu 16.05, and 18....cant remeber, the LTS one, and tried both ways

1) https://github.com/gapcoin/gapcoin/releases/download/v0.9.2-rev2/gapcoin-rev2-linux.zip
This fails with allsorts of lib errors, too many to mention here

2) git clone https://github.com/gapcoin/gapcoin.git
cd gapcoin
git submodule init
git submodule update
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install # optional

This fails on autogen, and then configure
I have gone down the notes and tried to install each dependency

Build requirements:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf libssl-dev libgmp-dev libmpfr-dev

for Ubuntu 12.04 and later:

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev

For Qt 5 you need the following:

sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev

libqrencode (optional) can be installed with:

sudo apt-get install libqrencode-dev

I think i then got ./autogen.sh to work
and ./configure, told me i needed to add --with--incompatibe-bdb

and then still had missing stuff at the end.
Oh and i think boost was one of them

So finally i gave up...sorry
minerja

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 12:14:54 PM

Ok, Finally

Found an old drive, with
Distributor ID:   Ubuntu
Description:   Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
Release:   14.04
Codename:   trusty

I have some previously compiled wallets on it, so have no idea as to what is installed, or how i did it...
but still cannot compile wallet....missing something or other

but when i tried "https://github.com/gapcoin/gapcoin/releases/download/v0.9.2-rev2/gapcoin-rev2-linux.zip"
extracted and using ./gapcoin-qt OMG i finally have a working GUI wallet. No connections, but a quick gapcoin.conf has got me 1 connection

So now that wallet is syncing...but 2 final issues.

1) Why, oh why, is the linux gui wallet always different to the windows one, where is help/debug console, the only tabs i have are Overview, Send, Receive, Transactions....so how the heck to i ge in the wallet to setgenerate true -1

2) How the heck do i get ./gapcoin.qt to run on double click...i can only launch it via terminal
When i double click i get
Could not display “gapcoin-qt”. There is no application installed for “shared library” files.
Do you want to search for an application to open this file?

I have made a file called Wallet.sh which contains 
#!/bin/bash
./gapcoin-qt

but all that does is open in gedit....

Why is this all so dumb, why cant it fail once, and give you a list of programs to choose from, one of them being the one that will actually run the darn file....
I've made eveything executabe, and even done some chmod a+x and u+x stuff.....
Gawd help me

So assuming the wallet sync, since i cant goto debug and setgeneate true- i guess im going to have to try one of the external miners.....sheesh, give me strength

To think, people hate on windows....i'd rather stick with DOS ! Smiley
J

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:15:08 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2019, 03:28:09 AM by UsernameNumber7

Hi Minerja,

It is just the fact of Life many people have disabilities and Trisquel makes it default to help such users.

So I assume your not disabled thats good, so use SYNAPTIC as the primary upgrade and uninstall software.  

Search for and UNINSTALL Orca

That will get rid of the talking Voice plus it uses a lot of RAM.
And you might want to go into Click Trisquel Icon, System, Preferences, Personal and Click Startup Applications disable Backup Monitor and disable Update Notifier. 

It is not possible to get AMD drivers through Trisquel, but Nvidia repository is

Command Line

Sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa

Than double check your required package through Nvidia website and install it through SYNAPTIC after you update it with the new repository.

Then Reboot your computer.

Honestly though it is an endless amount of hacks really.  I am trying to make it as simple as possible.  

If you want to compile Gapcoin up to date you NEED to use Trisquel.  

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:23:32 AM

If you happen to have a Intel 6000' series chip disabling hyper threading might be detrimental to performance.  However Anything newer Intel 7000 series on or AMD Ryzen on disabling Hyper-Threading is desired.

LIfe is about hacking, with Linux you can build and set up 5-50 computers however you can maintain without spending $150 dollars extra for each computer just to buy Windows OS.  Windows is not any different than Linux it requires just as many hacks to secure it.  

Money spent 1 time to buy KILL DISK will work on all your computers for 1 price.  Windows OS requires $150, $150, $150, $150, $150, $150, $150, $150, $150!  Kill Disk is how you erase M.2 drives and the small amount of SSD drives that Dariks Boot and Nuke does not recognize.  

Once you learn Debian/Ubuntu/Trisquel hacks it is easy.

Every Command line you can use on Debian or Ubuntu WORKS on Trisquel.

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 11:25:31 AM

@minerja

Glad you managed to get the GUI working on linux ...

Generally anything Gapcoin above Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is going to require these tool kits ... this includes the current linux gapminer binaries ...

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.9
Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade libstdc++6

The 'math' packages are included with the stages you have already followed. i.e.

libgmp-dev - The GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library - https://gmplib.org/
libmpfr-dev - The GNU MPFR Library - https://www.mpfr.org/

minerja

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:36:04 AM

@minerja

Glad you managed to get the GUI working on linux ...

Generally anything Gapcoin above Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is going to require these tool kits ... this includes the current linux gapminer binaries ...

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.9
Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade libstdc++6

The 'math' packages are included with the stages you have already followed. i.e.

libgmp-dev - The GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library - https://gmplib.org/
libmpfr-dev - The GNU MPFR Library - https://www.mpfr.org/

Thanks for the help
Been running daemon wallet with 12 threads (Ryzen 1800x) and in 12hs, mined just 2 blocks....so still pretty poor. Tried the cpu miner Rev 4, and although hashare 10-15% higher, not one block in 12 hours....the GapMiner rev5.1 CRT Creation miner fails ( /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./gapminer-cpu)
)
Hopefully will get that version working too

This is what i get with the rev4 cpugpu miner
[2019-02-25 11:38:17] Got new target: 21.9123548 @ 21.9123548
[2019-02-25 11:38:27] pps: 1255995 / 1255995  tests/s 421502 / 421502
[2019-02-25 11:38:37] pps: 1281217 / 1269615  tests/s 425974 / 407596
[2019-02-25 11:38:47] pps: 1312929 / 1284790  tests/s 428550 / 405904
[2019-02-25 11:38:53] Got new target: 21.9127664 @ 21.9127664
[2019-02-25 11:38:57] pps: 1306066 / 1290054  tests/s 425392 / 405974
[2019-02-25 11:39:07] pps: 1298224 / 1291765  tests/s 424207 / 405750
[2019-02-25 11:39:17] pps: 1311014 / 1295241  tests/s 416583 / 404621
[2019-02-25 11:39:27] pps: 1261787 / 1291043  tests/s 407828 / 403855
[2019-02-25 11:39:37] pps: 1262790 / 1287250  tests/s 410981 / 402778
[2019-02-25 11:39:47] pps: 1213532 / 1279514  tests/s 402295 / 400934
[2019-02-25 11:39:57] pps: 1291606 / 1280748  tests/s 416806 / 400279
[2019-02-25 11:40:07] pps: 1318605 / 1284059  tests/s 438395 / 402179
[2019-02-25 11:40:17] pps: 1265245 / 1282636  tests/s 423514 / 401643
[2019-02-25 11:40:23] Got new target: 21.9237563 @ 21.9237563
holderwhale999
Copper Member

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:22:19 AM

Re-starting Gapcoin TESTNET ...

example gapcoin.conf - testnet

Code:
testnet=1
upnp=0
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
port=19661
rpcport=19609
rpcuser=gapcointestnet
rpcpassword=YOUR_RANDOM_GAPCOIN_TESTNET_PASSWORD_CHANGE_THIS
maxconnections=8
addnode=45.62.242.94:19661

{
    "version" : 90200,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 0,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 0,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 1.00000000,
    "testnet" : true,
    "keypoololdest" : 1550914425,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "relayfee" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}

If anyone is active on any testnet ... or has any remanence of the/a testnet chain for Gapcoin then please:

addnode 45.62.242.94:19661 add

Notice: Gapcoin Club will start / continue mining the testnet chain on 1st March 2019.

Thanks!

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: