Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:44:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347502 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 01:00:47 PM

Yaamp is a coin killer and only pays 1/3 of what you could make if you mine the coin directly  Angry
nothing new in that... multipools are for lazy people, so it is ok rip them off  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:48:33 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 08:22:40 PM by tbearhere

Yaamp is a coin killer and only pays 1/3 of what you could make if you mine the coin directly  Angry
nothing new in that... multipools are for lazy people, so it is ok rip them off  Grin
Yup.Lazy and stupid. I was making 2.5 LTC a day with 60 mh/s quark...do the math people  Now nothing.Go ahead and get ripped off by yaamp pool and kill the coins.
There's a coin that pays out exponentially djm and a mutipool like that kills it for me during the high payout cycle. It switches to that high payout cycle  and I get very few blocks. Then it switches to another coin.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 01:10:14 AM

Yaamp is a coin killer and only pays 1/3 of what you could make if you mine the coin directly  Angry
nothing new in that... multipools are for lazy people, so it is ok rip them off  Grin
Yup.Lazy and stupid. I was making 2.5 LTC a day with 60 mh/s quark...do the math people  Now nothing.Go ahead and get ripped off by yaamp pool and kill the coins.
There's a coin that pays out exponentially djm and a mutipool like that kills it for me during the high payout cycle. It switches to that high payout cycle  and I get very few blocks. Then it switches to another coin.

hmmm ... and here i am thinking that it was one of the better ones ...

tanx for that ...

is there a way of making a multipool that is COMPLETELY fair on coins payouts? ...

id be interested to see whether it is possible and how much time - effort - money it would cost to make one ...

#crysx

duboisi

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:12:36 AM

A good profit switch algorithm is complex. The key is to find block(s) during profitable period.
Last time when I use WafflePool, I notice they don't always switch to the most profit coin. Most of the time it was the 2nd most profitable coin. It makes sense as most multipools will switch to the most profitable coin and kill the profitability as difficulty will sky rocket within a few blocks. If the pool does not find block(s) within those profitable period, then the hashes are wasted.
Also there are time when low net-hash coin is profitable, so you will need a way to split only a small portion of your hashes to mine those profitable low net-hash coin.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:17:54 AM

A good profit switch algorithm is complex. The key is to find block(s) during profitable period.
Last time when I use WafflePool, I notice they don't always switch to the most profit coin. Most of the time it was the 2nd most profitable coin. It makes sense as most multipools will switch to the most profitable coin and kill the profitability as difficulty will sky rocket within a few blocks. If the pool does not find block(s) within those profitable period, then the hashes are wasted.
Also there are time when low net-hash coin is profitable, so you will need a way to split only a small portion of your hashes to mine those profitable low net-hash coin.

ok - so a 'good' multipool is one that targets not so much THE most profitable coin - but one that IS profitable ...

that actually makes sense ...

#crysx

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:44:50 AM

tanx for that ...

is there a way of making a multipool that is COMPLETELY fair on coins payouts? ...

id be interested to see whether it is possible and how much time - effort - money it would cost to make one ...

#crysx
Hi crysx,
The real problem is that these multipools dump on auto sell making the coins worthless, so price of coin drops drastically. And when they added quark algo...that was it for me. Again the real problem is auto sell. What really needs to be done is miners mine the coin directly in a regular pool or into there wallet or the pool owner not autosell or sell for a higher price at least. If one where to make a multipool that the owner would trade instead of dump then the other multipool will be still dumping at a low price making it impossible to make any coins at all.
Edit: They don't trade coins...they dump them.
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:54:35 AM

Yes exactly... that's the way I mine. If a coins difficulty goes down low enough, then I turn my miners to that coin..and then trade it..not dump it.  Wink
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 10:21:31 AM

tanx for that ...

#crysx
Hi crysx,
The real problem is that these multipools dump on auto sell making the coins worthless, so price of coin drops drastically. And when they added quark algo...that was it for me. Again the real problem is auto sell. What really needs to be done is miners mine the coin directly in a regular pool or into there wallet or the pool owner not autosell or sell for a higher price at least. If one where to make a multipool that the owner would trade instead of dump then the other multipool will be still dumping at a low price making it impossible to make any coins at all.
Edit: They don't trade coins...they dump them.

so in effect - its useless to even try and put together a fair and equitable pool model ...

unless of course you have the majority of miners on your side of course Smiley ...

i mine differently anyway ...

as a donation - yes mining is given through yaamp / westhash ... but not personally ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 10:26:34 AM

Yes exactly... that's the way I mine. If a coins difficulty goes down low enough, then I turn my miners to that coin..and then trade it..not dump it.  Wink

i work in a similar way also - but also have a portion ( very small at the moment until it gets much bigger ) of the farm to mining our own ( granitecoin ) and the rest of the farm split into mining other coins - or completely 'all-in' with a particular coin ...

i guess its just a matter of watching the market and making a damn good guesstimate of what need to be mined and traded ...

would be nice if there was a 'proper' way of making a multipool that does that all automatically ...

#crysx

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:39:33 PM

i work in a similar way also - but also have a portion ( very small at the moment until it gets much bigger ) of the farm to mining our own ( granitecoin ) and the rest of the farm split into mining other coins - or completely 'all-in' with a particular coin ...

i guess its just a matter of watching the market and making a damn good guesstimate of what need to be mined and traded ...

would be nice if there was a 'proper' way of making a multipool that does that all automatically ...

#crysx
Yes that would be nice.
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:48:51 PM

If someone finds out a solution for this I am willing to join. 50 mh/s.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 11:26:35 PM

Yaamp is a coin killer and only pays 1/3 of what you could make if you mine the coin directly  Angry
nothing new in that... multipools are for lazy people, so it is ok rip them off  Grin
Yup.Lazy and stupid. I was making 2.5 LTC a day with 60 mh/s quark...do the math people  Now nothing.Go ahead and get ripped off by yaamp pool and kill the coins.
There's a coin that pays out exponentially djm and a mutipool like that kills it for me during the high payout cycle. It switches to that high payout cycle  and I get very few blocks. Then it switches to another coin.

not using a multipool seems like a pretty good solution to me

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 11:59:31 PM

I dunno djm ... I think a 'fair' multipool with no hidden crap is by far the best - albiet quite a lot of work ...

im willing to set up a test infrastructure if there is help from any devs that may be interested in designing and building such a pool ...

I also have about 250MH ( x11 ) to use on occasion for testing ... another 50MH pledged earlier and maybe some others to help ...

all uncensored and opensource and completely transparent to the public ...

it would also be one of the best areas to test your ( and other devs ) miners and kernel optimizations as you all would have priveledged unencumbered access to the pool ...

why not? ... would be a nice project to undertake if devs were willing ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:05:09 AM

An idea that had floated on the cudaminer thread long time ago, was to have a cuda-only pool of sorts, with fees going to the (now) ccminer developers. If it was possible to couple an official cuda pool along with optimized/locked miner versions, I'd be all over it (with my massive 2x750TI rig!)  Grin

Would be really awesome if someone pulled this off.
I have no technical skills to contribute much, but I can be the coffee guy.  Cool

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 02:26:22 AM

An idea that had floated on the cudaminer thread long time ago, was to have a cuda-only pool of sorts, with fees going to the (now) ccminer developers. If it was possible to couple an official cuda pool along with optimized/locked miner versions, I'd be all over it (with my massive 2x750TI rig!)  Grin

Would be really awesome if someone pulled this off.
I have no technical skills to contribute much, but I can be the coffee guy.  Cool

was thinking of such a thing - but that would mean restriction in miners ...

something that no pool really should do ...

but it would decrease the support tickets quite dramatically i would think Wink ...

im up for it ...

btw - i started with a 2 card amd system ... so massive miner it is Wink ...

#crysx

antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:46:50 AM

I know, fighting against 2000 with 50 in a short time window is just so frustrating sometimes...
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:13:37 PM

Yup.Lazy and stupid. I was making 2.5 LTC a day with 60 mh/s quark...do the math people  Now nothing.Go ahead and get ripped off by yaamp pool and kill the coins.
There's a coin that pays out exponentially djm and a mutipool like that kills it for me during the high payout cycle. It switches to that high payout cycle  and I get very few blocks. Then it switches to another coin.

I agree djm..the main problem with a multipool is again they dump the coin for the going rate..auto sell.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 11:47:25 PM

I agree djm..the main problem with a multipool is again they dump the coin for the going rate..auto sell.

but thats the point im trying to make ...

why not create a multipool that DOESNT do that ... one that actually takes CARE of the miners ... and trades also ...

#crysx

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 01:04:34 AM

why not create a multipool that DOESNT do that ... one that actually takes CARE of the miners ... and trades also ...

#crysx

CLUB CUDA--

It might be possible to do it if cuda miners formed a mining pool with strategic trading.  It would be more of a members-only thing.

There would be a bothersome wait on return...       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 02:08:04 AM

#crysx

CLUB CUDA--

It might be possible to do it if cuda miners formed a mining pool with strategic trading.  It would be more of a members-only thing.

There would be a bothersome wait on return...       --scryptr

cc using ccminer ... club cuda using clubcudaminer ...

me likey Wink ...

of course we couldnt just keep it at that - all miners should be welcome ...

bothersome? ... well what the hell are we all doing with the trading anyway? Smiley ...

we are going to mine the stuff anyway - why not at our discretion with little fees and FOR the miner - not the pool ...

obviously keeping the pool alive would be the priority - but once established and members are seeing good returns - why wouldnt we all keep it running? ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: