Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:02:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347502 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 11:13:57 AM

Yes a proxy wich uses the difficulty in blockchain of the coins and the exchangerate to swap the coins that gives the best profit.

that sounds good ... complex - but good ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 11:21:42 AM

I might write pool software as well  in c#. A ccminer friendly multipool with all the most profitable algos.
Payouts in darkcoins only.payouts will be  darksended to preserve anonymity.

Pool software? Wouldn't it be easier, in C#, if you'd just write client software that would switch locally?
Would be even more fun if ccminer itself could switch through API, flawlessly and multi-algo. Even loadbalancing against % chance of a coin being the most profitable.
Coin A has 80% chance, and most would just mine that. But it would make sense to also loadbalance 20% to the second most probable profitable coin. Or maybe even more Wink

it would great if all switching / load balance / failover was done within ccminer as it does with sgminer ... and autosensing / autoswitching multi-algo - now that would be a time saver Wink ...

most profitable though? ... damn ... maybe thats a project that would have to go to a few devs - not just one ...

sounds like an awesome plan though ...

#crysx

Your shit should do ONE THING WELL. That's one reason SGMiner sucks so badly.

technically - probably ...

but the way sgminer shows stats and mines and displays ( as well as HAS ) control over the miners ... that beats the crap out of the lists that ccminer bring up ...

so a technical backend of ccminer with the 'prettiness' of the stats of sgminer ...

thats what i like to see ...

#crysx

Well, you want to know why ccminer has really active devs, and SGMiner doesn't? Nobody wants to touch SGMiner. Being a disaster on a technical level hurts the users, too.

i dont doubt that wolf ... but the stats that sgminer gives is far superior to the rolling list that ccminer provides ...

im NOT saying one is 'better' than the other ... what im stating is that as a user - and owner of a reasonable farm - that the outuput that sgminer provides is HUGELY more informative than ccminer ...

ccminer spits data out as it receives it ... if it had a way of controlling that data and presenting it in an informative way ( yes - like sgminer does ) then ccminer would be in a class of its own ...

id commission that as a project if there were the devs interested in such a thing ...

i understand where YOU are coming from on a technical level ... you - as i am - are technically based and ccminer may have the superior hand there ... but like beta versus vhs and hddvd versus bluray - its all about the presentation and functionality - NOT JUST the technical superiority ...

why couldnt there be a meld of the 'features' of the two miners to make ccminer far more than what it is? ... make ccminer THE standard than just one standard ... make ccminer be able to cater for nvidia AND catalyst? ...

why? ... money and time and interest ... thats why Smiley ...

id like ONE miner to do all that - and id pay for it too ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 11:22:33 AM

Your shit should do ONE THING WELL. That's one reason SGMiner sucks so badly.

A Unix philosopher, and a successful business model!  Wink

But it needs to be able to link together. That's why we need more API control ^^" Epsylon/tpruvot already did a good deal on an API which can read stats, still needs miner control through that API though :p

+1 ...

#crysx

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:48:35 PM

i dont doubt that wolf ... but the stats that sgminer gives is far superior to the rolling list that ccminer provides ...

im NOT saying one is 'better' than the other ... what im stating is that as a user - and owner of a reasonable farm - that the outuput that sgminer provides is HUGELY more informative than ccminer ...

ccminer spits data out as it receives it ... if it had a way of controlling that data and presenting it in an informative way ( yes - like sgminer does ) then ccminer would be in a class of its own ...

id commission that as a project if there were the devs interested in such a thing ...

i understand where YOU are coming from on a technical level ... you - as i am - are technically based and ccminer may have the superior hand there ... but like beta versus vhs and hddvd versus bluray - its all about the presentation and functionality - NOT JUST the technical superiority ...

why couldnt there be a meld of the 'features' of the two miners to make ccminer far more than what it is? ... make ccminer THE standard than just one standard ... make ccminer be able to cater for nvidia AND catalyst? ...

#crysx

I'm still using zelante's splitscreen miner interface which looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/7x0Gu9Q.png

You do however need to recompile ccminer yourself with changing the "kH/s" text output to "khash/s" or do the opposite in splitscreen miner and compile it (I couldn't compile it though) and you need to run ccminer with --no-color.
I also have a setup that shows a screen area of each rig in windows gadgets (example: https://i.imgur.com/e3vCuKX.png) so I can see if a card trips.

On another note, Ethereum is supposed to launch today (new algo, EtHash, supposedly memory-intensive). Is anyone following it? They supposed to provide a GPU miner but I'd guess that's only for AMDs and they might not even have it on launch.
This is supposedly their IPO address: https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2 which is pretty crazy.

Not your keys, not your coins!
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:00:34 PM

I might write pool software as well  in c#. A ccminer friendly multipool with all the most profitable algos.
It will produce the same results ..the coins will drop in price..but with your pool maybe get a little more before all coins are unmineable thats where were headed...make the mutipool owner rich on our hash. Thats how come I was asking for more quark because before yaamp came out with quark I was getting 2.5 Ltc a day 60mh/s..now .5ltc a day 60mh/s  so yaamp is stealing my ltc 2 a day free.  Angry  I'm thinking its time to give up mining. its a chinese mining world anyhow and btc at $260 to them it looks like $10,000 a btc.
smolen

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:57:16 PM

On another note, Ethereum is supposed to launch today (new algo, EtHash, supposedly memory-intensive). Is anyone following it? They supposed to provide a GPU miner but I'd guess that's only for AMDs and they might not even have it on launch.
ethash_cl_miner_kernel.cl

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 02:04:11 PM

#crysx

I'm still using zelante's splitscreen miner interface which looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/7x0Gu9Q.png

You do however need to recompile ccminer yourself with changing the "kH/s" text output to "khash/s" or do the opposite in splitscreen miner and compile it (I couldn't compile it though) and you need to run ccminer with --no-color.
I also have a setup that shows a screen area of each rig in windows gadgets (example: https://i.imgur.com/e3vCuKX.png) so I can see if a card trips.

This is supposedly their IPO address: https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2 which is pretty crazy.

see - this proves my point exactly ...

to use another application - with all the good intentions and functionality it may have - only to get further into compilation issues and limitations - when all this type info 'should' be built into ccminer itself from the beginning ...

it would be a grand day that ccminer could do all this ITSELF without having external apps to do simplistic things like reasonably good stats output ( yes - once again - like sgminer ) ...

this is not just about aesthetics - its about functionality and stats accessibility ( not just readability ) ...

nice app though ... now to test and see if it compiles and runs under linux ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:10:49 PM

It will produce the same results ..the coins will drop in price..but with your pool maybe get a little more before all coins are unmineable thats where were headed...make the mutipool owner rich on our hash. Thats how come I was asking for more quark because before yaamp came out with quark I was getting 2.5 Ltc a day 60mh/s..now .5ltc a day 60mh/s  so yaamp is stealing my ltc 2 a day free.  Angry  I'm thinking its time to give up mining. its a chinese mining world anyhow and btc at $260 to them it looks like $10,000 a btc.

Multipools keeps the coins on the exchanges because they generate trading. A coin wich is taken off the exchange is more dead.
Coin dumping makes itnpossible for traders and robots to make a profit.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:18:38 PM

to use another application - with all the good intentions and functionality it may have - only to get further into compilation issues and limitations - when all this type info 'should' be built into ccminer itself from the beginning ...

it would be a grand day that ccminer could do all this ITSELF without having external apps to do simplistic things like reasonably good stats output ( yes - once again - like sgminer ) ...

this is not just about aesthetics - its about functionality and stats accessibility ( not just readability ) ...

#crysx

If I remember correctly then it won't run under linux which is why it wasn't made it into ccminer. I'm perfectly happy with ccminer as it is though.
And don't forget that - however selfish it might sound but - ease of use (be it miners/wallets/pools) is inversely proportional to profitability.

Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:05:09 PM

Has anyone found a solution for windows 8.1 to fix the launch config issues with nvidia cards?

eg. launch config for memory allocation needs to be lower in win 8.1 compared to win 7 (no clue why).
sp mentioned the issue as well, afaik.
(eg. crypotnight and scrypt-jane algos lose 10-20% performance).

A launch config of -l t64x1 (scrypt-jane) does work flawlessly on win 7 but you wont be able to start it with win 8.1.

No, linux is not a solution for me Tongue , maybe win 10 works?
Win 7 is not a solution either cuz it sucks for mining burst Wink .

Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:12:11 PM

Has anyone found a solution for windows 8.1 to fix the launch config issues with nvidia cards?

eg. launch config for memory allocation needs to be lower in win 8.1 compared to win 7 (no clue why).

A launch config of -l t64x1 (scrypt-jane) does work flawlessly on win 7 but you wont be able to start it with win 8.1.

also amd cards have the same issue, in win 7 they work straight away but win 8.1 has issues allocating high amounts of gpu ram

but it's fixable with GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:13:56 PM

Multipools keeps the coins on the exchanges because they generate trading. A coin wich is taken off the exchange is more dead.
Coin dumping makes itnpossible for traders and robots to make a profit.

It appears to me that yaamp is dumping a certain coin as its profitability goes up right away at the auto sell on cryptsy. This one type of coin I have been mining for 5 months now and as soon as they started doing  this coin the price dropped and I can see the auto sells. This coin is sold right away at the lowest price.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:21:11 PM

If youn want to prevent the dumping you can mine with a coins adress instead if the btc adress
. Then the trade will be off the exchange. A good way to collect coins you believe in

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:26:58 PM

I haven't tried win8 for mining but maybe this explains it, not sure: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj552975(v=vs.85).aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Display_Driver_Model#WDDM_1.1

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 12:32:34 AM

#crysx

If I remember correctly then it won't run under linux which is why it wasn't made it into ccminer. I'm perfectly happy with ccminer as it is though.
And don't forget that - however selfish it might sound but - ease of use (be it miners/wallets/pools) is inversely proportional to profitability.

this is true - linux seems to be the underdog here - albeit the more 'stable and easier compile' way to go ...

as ive stated before mate - its a matter of functionality and productivity not just whether 'it works and works easy' scenario ...

especially if you own a farm ...

a once of setup with all that i need is better than having almost no setup with almost nothing but a rolling list ...

i like ccminer - i prefer sgminer ... stats wise that is ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 12:43:07 AM

I haven't tried win8 for mining but maybe this explains it, not sure: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj552975(v=vs.85).aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Display_Driver_Model#WDDM_1.1

hence the reason i moved ALL of the systems off windows ...

i used to ( and still am to windows 7 extent ) a windows 'professional' - in that onsite service and network infrastructure consultant ... windows based for a long time ...

i stayed in business for almost 20 years due to the uselessness of windows on a technical basis ... still am employed contractually for 'smaller' jobs and networks ...

moving some of my clients off their windows backend to linux proved priceless ( RHEL based servers and some fedora based clients unless windows based apps were required - which is usually the case ) ...

moving the miners to linux proved priceless also - hence the farm and its quick growth ...

for those NOT able to move to linux ( or just plainly refuse to ) the best way to avoid issues is to standardize the operating environment you have ( whether it be home or business ) to the most stable windows system - in this case windows 7 at the moment ... there is a VERY good reason why most corporates DONT upgrade for many years when microsoft release a new version - and it has nothing to do with cost ... its all about stability ...

this is also true with mining / crypto in general ... and is prevalent for households too ...

if you CAN build a separate mining system ( s ) - then linux should be your preference ... it will make your life SO much easier with mining ...

my two bits of btc worth ...

#crysx

bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:55:58 AM

I can see why people would prefer linux but I just personally can't swallow it after only using windows forever, nor could I swallow losing all the great tools and apps I've gathered over the years. I've taken a win7 x64 home premium install, disabled everything that can dynamically change it like windows update and most scheduled tasks, disabled unnecessary services, changed some registry keys like TdrDelay, installed all the tools I need and mirrored it to all the rigs and they can run for months without any issues whatsoever.

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:31:32 AM

If youn want to prevent the dumping you can mine with a coins adress instead if the btc adress
. Then the trade will be off the exchange. A good way to collect coins you believe in
I mine this coin at a regular pool not this coin killing  instaming multipool  thanks though sp
 And Multipools do not keep the coins on the exchanges
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:58:10 AM

I can see why people would prefer linux but I just personally can't swallow it after only using windows forever, nor could I swallow losing all the great tools and apps I've gathered over the years. I've taken a win7 x64 home premium install, disabled everything that can dynamically change it like windows update and most scheduled tasks, disabled unnecessary services, changed some registry keys like TdrDelay, installed all the tools I need and mirrored it to all the rigs and they can run for months without any issues whatsoever.

thats the way i used to roll out windows in an soe ( standard operating environment ) in a corporate setting ...

saves installing hundreds of workstations and can be implemented all at once from one server ...

in any case - it sounds like you have done what YOU are comfortable in doing - and that is what counts ... as you are the only one that is going to service and maintain them in the end ...

simplicity and reliability is linux - but familiarity is windows ...

for a production environment - like a farm where cost stability functionality and reliability is concerned ( where you start it - run it - and leave it ) - there is no way windows would even be a blip on that radar ...

#crysx

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:00:26 PM

I would rethink that and consider payouts in Monero. It offers more with respect to privacy and with http://xmr.to you can send btc 100% anonymously to whoever you want.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: