Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:06:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347502 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 10:57:49 AM

Yaamp is a coin killer and only pays 1/3 of what you could make if you mine the coin directly  Angry
nothing new in that... multipools are for lazy people, so it is ok rip them off  Grin
Yup.Lazy and stupid. I was making 2.5 LTC a day with 60 mh/s quark...do the math people  Now nothing.Go ahead and get ripped off by yaamp pool and kill the coins.
There's a coin that pays out exponentially djm and a mutipool like that kills it for me during the high payout cycle. It switches to that high payout cycle  and I get very few blocks. Then it switches to another coin.

If someone finds out a solution for this I am willing to join. 50 mh/s.
not using a multipool seems like a pretty good solution to me
I agree djm..the main problem with a multipool is again they dump the coin for the going rate..auto sell.

but thats the point im trying to make ...

why not create a multipool that DOESNT do that ... one that actually takes CARE of the miners ... and trades also ...

#crysx

You need to make a fully open source multipool, that can be transparent in its algorithm. People would use that one, because they know it's not ripping them off, and it would be more profitable to run that than to scam.

The issue with this is, a switching algorithm that everyone is using is ineffective...

true ...

though i would think that if ANYONE has the skill set of doing such a thing would mean that they will be willing to provide MUCH more than 'just' a multipool with an awesome switching algorithm ...

the pool itself needs to have something more than just providing a mining portal - which 8is why the trading effort would need to be incorporated somehow ...

ccminer / sgminer could possibly be incorporated as one of the cloud mining exercises ...

in fact - if anything - the pool would only be the backend of something much bigger and more involved in coins / trading / exchanging ... this would make the whole transparency of algo almost moot - as it would be basically only ONE part of a combined service collective ...

would be nice to at least have a transparent and honest pool / site working FOR the community ...

just ideas being thrown around - food for thought ...

#crysx

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 11:04:05 AM

Yaamp is a coin killer and only pays 1/3 of what you could make if you mine the coin directly  Angry
nothing new in that... multipools are for lazy people, so it is ok rip them off  Grin
Yup.Lazy and stupid. I was making 2.5 LTC a day with 60 mh/s quark...do the math people  Now nothing.Go ahead and get ripped off by yaamp pool and kill the coins.
There's a coin that pays out exponentially djm and a mutipool like that kills it for me during the high payout cycle. It switches to that high payout cycle  and I get very few blocks. Then it switches to another coin.

I agree djm..the main problem with a multipool is again they dump the coin for the going rate..auto sell.

why not create a multipool that DOESNT do that ... one that actually takes CARE of the miners ... and trades also ...

#crysx

You need to make a fully open source multipool, that can be transparent in its algorithm. People would use that one, because they know it's not ripping them off, and it would be more profitable to run that than to scam.

The issue with this is, a switching algorithm that everyone is using is ineffective...

ture ...

though i would think that if ANYONE has the skill set of doing such a thing would mean that they will be willing to provide MUCH more than 'just' a multipool with an awesome switching algorithm ...

the pool itself needs to have something more than just providing a mining portal - which 8is why the trading effort would need to be incorporated somehow ...

in fact - if anything - the pool would only be the backend of something much bigger and more involved in coins / trading / exchanging ... this would make the whole transparency of algo almost moot - as it would be basically only ONE part of a combined service collective ...
hmm... would tend to think that it is where the scam begin... (or rather the low profit)
pool and exchange should be kept independent in my opinion.

Beside that, that would cost a huge amount of money to run, to code etc... meaning high fee to just keep the pool afloat... and a pool operator obligated to dump his fee for low profit to pay the bills...

There was already a pool/exchange, (CoinEx I think, link doesn't work anymore...) used to run my small usb asic, it was clearly unprofitable and a constant dump fest on the exchange part as people were just getting rid of their coin as soon they were mined)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
hefty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:20:08 PM

#crysx

true i always mine when no one else is and make more profit, look spread i couldnt mine 1 block per day 1.5 month ago with 8 gpus, but than few days back at low nethashrate and difficulty i mined 10 blocks with only 2 gpu, i always get more profit mining less profitable coins at right time and selling them at right time if i mine monero i will not sell it for 0.2$ that is when i start mining monero, that is when nethash become lower and i get more coins and wait until is at 0.4$ to sell bc monero goes from 0.2 to 04/5$ and back constantly in last 5 months
etc etc...

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 02:15:54 AM

#crysx

ture ...

hmm... would tend to think that it is where the scam begin... (or rather the low profit)
pool and exchange should be kept independent in my opinion.

Beside that, that would cost a huge amount of money to run, to code etc... meaning high fee to just keep the pool afloat... and a pool operator obligated to dump his fee for low profit to pay the bills...

There was already a pool/exchange, (CoinEx I think, link doesn't work anymore...) used to run my small usb asic, it was clearly unprofitable and a constant dump fest on the exchange part as people were just getting rid of their coin as soon they were mined)

well - that is not what i am talking about ... but i do follow you ...

just because 'there was' doesnt mean that is what will happen or plan for a pool that does the 'right thing' ...

i will concede though - it WILL cost a hefty sum ... both in fiat - crypto - work - coding ...

#crysx

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:54:25 AM

#crysx

true i always mine when no one else is and make more profit, look spread i couldnt mine 1 block per day 1.5 month ago with 8 gpus, but than few days back at low nethashrate and difficulty i mined 10 blocks with only 2 gpu, i always get more profit mining less profitable coins at right time and selling them at right time if i mine monero i will not sell it for 0.2$ that is when i start mining monero, that is when nethash become lower and i get more coins and wait until is at 0.4$ to sell bc monero goes from 0.2 to 04/5$ and back constantly in last 5 months
etc etc...
Thats exactly the way I mine...without exception.  Smiley
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:05:07 AM

I might write pool software as well  in c#. A ccminer friendly multipool with all the most profitable algos.
Payouts in darkcoins only.payouts will be  darksended to preserve anonymity.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:25:44 AM

I might write pool software as well  in c#. A ccminer friendly multipool with all the most profitable algos.
Payouts in darkcoins only.payouts will be  darksended to preserve anonymity.

I am certain that your multipool would soar in popularity if it were more profitable than the other big-name multipools (eg: yaamp).

Mining since 2014
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:35:06 AM

I might write pool software as well  in c#. A ccminer friendly multipool with all the most profitable algos.
Payouts in darkcoins only.payouts will be  darksended to preserve anonymity.

I am certain that your multipool would soar in popularity if it were more profitable than the other big-name multipools (eg: yaamp).

Yes, I would definitely use it, if it outperformed the competition. Here's hoping you decide to do it, and that you have a great success with it!  Wink
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:54:56 AM

Yaamp is a good.pool. but it miss some functonality. I want a graph of each workers performance over time.
More algorithms added( whirlpolx, anime, myriad groestl )
 Etc etc.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 06:04:32 AM

Yaamp is a good.pool. but it miss some functonality. I want a graph of each workers performance over time.
More algorithms added( whirlpolx, anime, myriad groestl )
 Etc etc.

im with you on that sp ...

if there is infrastructure you need for testing ( servers - miners - etc ) just let me know ...

btw - are you now back from your holi-ummm-break ? ...

Wink ...

ps - a multipool server of sorts would be a great 'backend' plugin for mpos ...

#crysx

Bombadil

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:04:07 AM

I might write pool software as well  in c#. A ccminer friendly multipool with all the most profitable algos.

Pool software? Wouldn't it be easier, in C#, if you'd just write client software that would switch locally?
Would be even more fun if ccminer itself could switch through API, flawlessly and multi-algo. Even loadbalancing against % chance of a coin being the most profitable.
Coin A has 80% chance, and most would just mine that. But it would make sense to also loadbalance 20% to the second most probable profitable coin. Or maybe even more Wink
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 08:22:32 AM

Pool software? Wouldn't it be easier, in C#, if you'd just write client software that would switch locally?
Would be even more fun if ccminer itself could switch through API, flawlessly and multi-algo. Even loadbalancing against % chance of a coin being the most profitable.
Coin A has 80% chance, and most would just mine that. But it would make sense to also loadbalance 20% to the second most probable profitable coin. Or maybe even more Wink

it would great if all switching / load balance / failover was done within ccminer as it does with sgminer ... and autosensing / autoswitching multi-algo - now that would be a time saver Wink ...

most profitable though? ... damn ... maybe thats a project that would have to go to a few devs - not just one ...

sounds like an awesome plan though ...

#crysx

Bombadil

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:26:50 AM

it would great if all switching / load balance / failover was done within ccminer as it does with sgminer ... and autosensing / autoswitching multi-algo - now that would be a time saver Wink ...

most profitable though? ... damn ... maybe thats a project that would have to go to a few devs - not just one ...

#crysx

I wouldn't do the profit switching inside ccminer itself. That's a great field for C#, and should be done API-wise. That's where ccminer needs an update Wink
A separate C# tool could grab prices and profits like my profitcalc does, and switch the miner through a simple API command.
I know now things that I should implement/improve in the profitcalc (like PoS stealing blocks from PoW etc), but too busy with other stuff ATM ^^" *damn guis*
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 08:35:02 AM

#crysx

I wouldn't do the profit switching inside ccminer itself. That's a great field for C#, and should be done API-wise. That's where ccminer needs an update Wink
A separate C# tool could grab prices and profits like my profitcalc does, and switch the miner through a simple API command.
I know now things that I should implement/improve in the profitcalc (like PoS stealing blocks from PoW etc), but too busy with other stuff ATM ^^" *damn guis*

hehehe ... i know what you mean ... always busy ...

im going to be taking this 'crypto thing' full time very shortly ... so there will be time for me to sort things out ...

there have been some improvements in the backend of granitecoin ( pool / mining and setup of 'other' parts of the project ) and that is what has taken a great deal of my spare time ...

but when everything is consolidated and tested - then its full time ... which means there maybe a situation where 'funding' of projects that enhance such things as mining and profit making via 'fair' pools MAY come into play ...

lots of plans ahead ... lets get them on the table ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:51:08 AM

Perhaps rewrite miner control to solomine. For mediummsized farms like my own, i donreally need a pool. But
i need a.way to connect.the.miners and mine the most profitable
Still in thailand.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 09:09:52 AM

#crysx

Your shit should do ONE THING WELL. That's one reason SGMiner sucks so badly.

technically - probably ...

but the way sgminer shows stats and mines and displays ( as well as HAS ) control over the miners ... that beats the crap out of the lists that ccminer bring up ...

so a technical backend of ccminer with the 'prettiness' of the stats of sgminer ...

thats what i like to see ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 09:10:38 AM

Perhaps rewrite miner control to solomine. For mediummsized farms like my own, i donreally need a pool. But
i need a.way to connect.the.miners and mine the most profitable
Still in thailand.

a proxy of sorts - like stratehm maybe? ...

ps - nice holiday Smiley

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:43:19 AM

Yes a proxy wich uses the difficulty in blockchain of the coins and the exchangerate to swap the coins that gives the best profit.

DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:59:23 AM

A Unix philosopher, and a successful business model!  Wink
Bombadil

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:03:28 AM

A Unix philosopher, and a successful business model!  Wink

But it needs to be able to link together. That's why we need more API control ^^" Epsylon/tpruvot already did a good deal on an API which can read stats, still needs miner control through that API though :p
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: