Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2017, 06:05:55 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HARDWARE] [AMD DEDICATED MINING GPU]  (Read 556 times)
MATHReX

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:32:07 AM

So, I found this listing on my country's IT retail store website. I even called the company to confirm about this and they said these cards are legitimate and will arrive by end of July. I'll pre-order some and see if they are any good. BTW price is around 390 USD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Juggar

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:36:10 AM

So, I found this listing on my country's IT retail store website. I even called the company to confirm about this and they said these cards are legitimate and will arrive by end of July. I'll pre-order some and see if they are any good. BTW price is around 390 USD.

http://i63.tinypic.com/22dy02.jpg

>$390 USD
>End of July release, wont receive it until a few day into August at earliest.
>Eth crashing, difficulty skyrocketing.
>unsure future for polaris cards, possible fix in the works
>will need to BIOS mod to get any decent performance out of it.
>horrific resale value thanks to ZERO display outputs.

Its almost like AMD & partners are taking advantage of you.

Remind me how this makes sense anymore? Why would a person not just buy these for $300 on ebay all day long if they wanted an RX 470 so bad?
MATHReX

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:05:55 PM

>$390 USD

Remind me how this makes sense anymore? Why would a person not just buy these for $300 on ebay all day long if they wanted an RX 470 so bad?

You do mention some really nice points there. Actually, it's the cheapest card available in my country right now, but I guess till mid of July, there will be a replenishment of new stocks. I just pre-ordered two of these to test it out and see how they stand out in comparison with normal cards. BTW, Thanks a ton for your opinion. Smiley
grape_tectonics

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:24:52 PM

http://i63.tinypic.com/22dy02.jpg

>$390 USD

Exactly, once these finally start shipping, the aftermarket will be flooding with $150 470's, 480's, 570's and 580's. You'd have to be an idiot to buy this card.
QuintLeo

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:50:18 PM

Sapphire has 4 different cards listed on their website in this line - matrix of "4GB" vs "8GB" and "Samsung RAM" vs "non-Samsung RAM".

2 of them are listed on Newegg as "out of stock" but I suspect they haven't actually HAD any in stock yet.

The crash will probably see a ton of "cheap used" cards show up - but I don't see the crash happening for several months yet, unless ETH and ZEC both have a price crash well under $100 before that.

fmz89

Activity: 781

Yaay!!!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:39:51 AM

>$390 USD

You do mention some really nice points there. Actually, it's the cheapest card available in my country right now, but I guess till mid of July, there will be a replenishment of new stocks. I just pre-ordered two of these to test it out and see how they stand out in comparison with normal cards. BTW, Thanks a ton for your opinion. Smiley

oh boy, skip it for sake, 390usd just go pick r9 nano/gtx 1070, or wait for vega at august 500usd
jmigdlc99

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:53:12 AM

The hashrate boost is not worth it for 0 resale value and no use outside of crypto mining. Id agree with post above and just get 1070s or wait for Vega. Good luck starting to mine now tho as difficulty levels are going through the roof.

☷☷☷☷☷☷☰☰☰☰ WAVESTHE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEEDWAVES ☰☰☰☰☷☷☷☷☷☷
DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGEBTC & FIAT GATEWAYSCOMMUNITY ASSETSICOs/LPOS
▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬JOIN WAVES COMMUNITY PORTAL▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
QuintLeo

Activity: 742

View Profile
Today at 12:48:27 AM

oh boy, skip it for sake, 390usd just go pick r9 nano/gtx 1070, or wait for vega at august 500usd

Try FINDING a Nano or any Fury card for that matter - and the GTX 1070 availability is now matching RX 470/480/570/580 levels with price gouging having sent the price into 1080ti territory WHEN you can find one.
 Vega is an unknown at this point - they might be good for mining they might not.

The "mining specific" cards should work as a second card in a Crossfire/SLI type setup, so there will be *SOME* resale value. Not a lot of one though unless another cryptocoin boom happens a couple-three years down the pike....

Vann

Activity: 280

View Profile
Today at 12:51:19 AM

4GB cards are in-stock at Newegg and have a 6-month warranty:

SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 470 11256-21-21G 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E (UEFI) (Built with Non Samsung Memory) - $249.99

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202291

SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 470 11256-31-21G 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E (UEFI) (Built with Samsung Memory) Brown Box Version - OEM - $259.99

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202292
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.