Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:34:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
nowhere man

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 05:42:22 PM

Still waiting for someone to address my point regarding factom either

(a) proving they aren't actively trading factoids
or
(b) declaring how many factoids they've sold.

You see, as everyone has relentlessly pointed out, there is clear evidence that someone is 'running stops' and controlling the market. Surely the factom team must be on the suspects list? They have everything to gain and nothing to lose if the ruse is undiscovered.

And yes, if they can't demonstrate that entry credits will grow by several orders of magnitude, they have no business plan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 05:53:42 PM

Is there some special site I can go to get paid fudding? what a shitstorm today.

Crypto is very simple, you invest in the fundamentals and follow progress of the team, nothing more... relax
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 05:58:44 PM

Is there some special site I can go to get paid fudding? what a shitstorm today.

Crypto is very simple, you invest in the fundamentals and follow progress of the team, nothing more... relax

Funny I believe there are paid fudders.. very lucrative I hear..
nowhere man

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:00:55 PM

Grossbit pointed out the fundamentals to you. Currently they've sold 4 million entry credits. That's about 35000 dollars. These are facts, not FUD.

If I was in their position, I'd be selling factoids too.

Now that last sentence, that was fud.......
FACTOM (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 06:01:21 PM

Dear Factom supporters,

We haven't posted here in a while as this thread has become a den for speculators, fudsters, and people who care more about making a profit with FCT rather than talk about Factom and what we are trying to do.
However we just want to make sure you guys know Factom Inc. is a well funded company, we have enough money to go on for a long while, and our team is growing at a steady pace.
We also want to make sure you are aware the company is not engaged in market making/trading in any way, shape or form. This is not what we do, we build software.

One piece of advice we want to give is do not risk money you are not ready to lose. Make your own judgement and do not listen to ANYONE on this thread, the promoters or otherwise.
Do not base your judgement on anything you read positive or negative on this thread nor anything else that doesn't come from our official channels and from Factom itself.

FCT are needed to make entries into Factom once they are converted and burned in the process. That is their main function, anything else is speculation.
From our side we are trying to do our best to make Factom known to every company we deem could use a system for honest record keeping, identity, and so on.
That's what we are concentrating on in terms of marketing and business development.

We will never invest any resource in promoting FCT on its own nor we will spend much time to post on this thread either. We like to leave the discussion to the community.
Our Brian Deery and Paul Snow, who are incredibly busy, occasionally post here (bless them) if someone has a technical questions or queries related to the network and software.
Milestone 2 (M2) also known as "Factom Federation" is being worked on every day by our developers and tested by our QA team. We will not release it until stable enough for the community to try out and take it from there.

A reminder of our official channels below, we encourage you to follow, like and subscibe:

nowhere man

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:10:44 PM

Well I've finally found a denial from Paul Snow that they're selling FCT. At least that's something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/55dpo1/fud_in_social_media_responsible_for_recent_price/

It would be so easy for them to prove it, why don't they just do that?
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:11:23 PM

You see, as everyone has relentlessly pointed out, there is clear evidence that someone is 'running stops' and controlling the market. Surely the factom team must be on the suspects list? They have everything to gain and nothing to lose if the ruse is undiscovered.

And yes, if they can't demonstrate that entry credits will grow by several orders of magnitude, they have no business plan.

Nothing too odd it is similar with illiquid penny stocks. If you suspect them of doing this then best bet to contact Polo since if they are then they aren't walking in here to say so.

As someone pointed out the large dumps is someone mostly selling to themselves. It's not possible to sell that amount of FCT on a regular basis. They'd be out quickly. The easiest explanation and probably correct one is that it is a MM technique and if you don't like the MM in a market then trade another one.

twitter.com/erikledgers
flashbit

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:14:01 PM

Dear Factom supporters,

We haven't posted here in a while as this thread has become a den for speculators, fudsters, and people who care more about making a profit with FCT rather than talk about Factom and what we are trying to do.
However we just want to make sure you guys know Factom Inc. is a well funded company, we have enough money to go on for a long while, and our team is growing at a steady pace.
We also want to make sure you are aware the company is not engaged in market making/trading in any way, shape or form. This is not what we do, we build software.

One piece of advice we want to give is do not risk money you are not ready to lose. Make your own judgement and do not listen to ANYONE on this thread, the promoters or otherwise.
Do not base your judgement on anything you read positive or negative on this thread nor anything else that doesn't come from our official channels and from Factom itself.

FCT are needed to make entries into Factom once they are converted and burned in the process. That is their main function, anything else is speculation.
From our side we are trying to do our best to make Factom known to every company we deem could use a system for honest record keeping, identity, and so on.
That's what we are concentrating on in terms of marketing and business development.

We will never invest any resource in promoting FCT on its own nor we will spend much time to post on this thread either. We like to leave the discussion to the community.
Our Brian Deery and Paul Snow, who are incredibly busy, occasionally post here (bless them) if someone has a technical questions or queries related to the network and software.
Milestone 2 (M2) also known as "Factom Federation" is being worked on every day by our developers and tested by our QA team. We will not release it until stable enough for the community to try out and take it from there.

A reminder of our official channels below, we encourage you to follow, like and subscibe:

Thank you Factom for this..

This paragraph jumped out at me.. Remember folks fundamentals...

AlanX

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:45:13 PM

Well I've finally found a denial from Paul Snow that they're selling FCT. At least that's something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/55dpo1/fud_in_social_media_responsible_for_recent_price/

Not entirely sure how we could easily prove transactions on an exchange are not ours.  But more to the point, there is little reason to think that we would, since there isn't any advantage to our company to do so.   

We are working on serious projects and serious technology.  Building the best applications on the strongest technical foundation is the best way to create value.

Paul
flashbit

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:51:00 PM

Not entirely sure how we could easily prove transactions on an exchange are not ours.  But more to the point, there is little reason to think that we would, since there isn't any advantage to our company to do so.   

We are working on serious projects and serious technology.  Building the best applications on the strongest technical foundation is the best way to create value.

Paul

Agreed, the 'value' is in the ground breaking technology and network. 

Keep up the great work Paul. Factom github is evidence of the ongoing, collaborative work effort being performed by a highly motivated team.

Looking forward to the public release of the M2 testnet.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:20:27 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 09:51:55 PM by tempus

Dear Factom supporters,

Thanks for this! Now we have something to quote to hysterical teens - and pump/dump groups who imitate hysterical teens. ;-)
daburone

Merit: 111

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:21:07 PM

Building the best applications on the strongest technical foundation is the best way to create value.

+1

It's a shame this thread has become such a cesspool. I hope you guys don't waste too much time worry about what a few weirdos on Bitcointalk & Reddit have to say. Most of us realise that the market is highly volatile and we're taking a long view. Looking forward to the next update :-)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:29:53 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 08:53:13 PM by tempus

Building the best applications on the strongest technical foundation is the best way to create value.

+1

It's a shame this thread has become such a cesspool. I hope you guys don't waste too much time worry about what a few weirdos on Bitcointalk & Reddit have to say. Most of us realise that the market is highly volatile and we're taking a long view. Looking forward to the next update :-)

I would like to add:

Because of the great team behind Factom, the Factoid-market is nearly perfect for manipulators.

Reasons:

1) they have time to accumulate without any risk, because they can be sure: the team will be there next week, next month and next year
2) they have a lot of scenarios to react on: Factom may seem quiet sometimes but in fact they (Factom) push out a lot of news
3) they have the chance to dump in combination with hysterical controversy, rising BTC-price and orchestrated FUD - and to start again with 1)

Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:33:02 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2016, 03:31:45 PM by Josef27

I think by the CEO making a public statement they weren't selling ?
Like he just did ? WTF?  Continue the fudding, create doubt on everything counter to your deception.
The  manipulation is over Paul Snow and Factom  just stated 2 times they aren't behind this.
The CEO and a team member here just made a public statement saying they aren't. They can be held liable if found otherwise so I pretty much take that as fact they aren't involved.

You state they've only made something like 35000 from selling entry credits?
I'd like to point out something here, they've sold 35000 dollars in  credits while they are in beta, not even a finished product.

These are real, continually paying customers? This amount grows by each new entry. They are now at 4mil and growing monthly. Real corporate and government customers. Looking at their last entry they just added more new names to that list.  They've also got a total of 30 million in  corporate  funding and $250,000 from DHS. What other crypto has real paying customers and funding from a government agency? I can't think of any!

Compare that in terms valuations. We aren't talking stocks valuations here, it's about comps, comparables, and potential. This is cryptos, early adoption, where a something like BTC or LTC can be worth hundreds of  millions or a few  billions without doing much. It's the potential we are invested in. Clearly with paying customers FCT deserves a higher  valuation than most. We are early adopters, when the main stream hits you won't be able  to purchase a fraction  BTC or FCT at these levels.

Manipulators only weapon is fear and doubt. Know what you're investing in and the reason why. And don't set a stop sell order, because manipulators like these are praying on you.

Here's what I've noticed, any news or facts they don't like in the forums will be followed by, posters trying to bury that info. They will come on and post anything just to move that info a page or two back. They then will create a post of fear and or doubt. A few people on the polo troll box chime in playing in to it as well. Then they dump a little and repeat the process.

Factom has been targeted because of a very small tradeable float.  I estimate less than 4 mill tradeable outside of insiders.  So how does that break down? How much out of that 4 mil does the whale own to manipulate. They also know a lot people keep their coins on polo, at least  until a new wallet comes out.  Almost all trading occurs on Polo. All of this allows a large group or whale to buy up and manipulate the price.

So don't give them what they need, fear, doubt,  stop order.
AlanX

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:30:26 PM

I think by the CEO making a public statement they weren't selling ?
Like he just did ? WTF?  Continue the fudding, create doubt on everything counter to your deception.
The  manipulation is over Paul Snow and Factom  just stated 2 times they aren't behind this.
The CEO and a team member here just made a public statement saying they aren't. They can be held liable if found otherwise so I pretty much take that as fact they aren't involved.

You state they've only made something like 35000 from selling entry credits?
I'd like to point out something here, they've sold 35000 dollars in  credits while they are in beta, not even a finished product.

These are real, continually paying customers? This amount grows by each new entry. They are now at 4mil and growing monthly. Real corporate and government customers. Looking at their last entry they just added more new names to that list.  They've also got a total of 30 million in  corporate  funding and $250,000 from DHS. What other crypto has real paying customers and funding from a government agency? I can't think of any!

Compare that in terms valuations. We aren't  talking stocks here, this is crypto where a something like BTC or LTC can be worth hundreds or millions or a few  billions without doing much. It's the potential we are invested in. Clearly with paying customers FCT deserves a higher  valuation than most. We are early adopters, when the main stream hits you won't be able  to purchase a fraction  BTC or FCT at these levels.

Manipulators only weapon is fear and doubt. Know what you're investing in and the reason why. And don't set a stop sell order, because manipulators like these are praying on you.

Just to add a bit to your response.

We will make most of our money selling applications and products that utilize the Factom protocol.  Factom Inc. does not speculate with tokens and will not make money with tokens no matter what direction the token price takes. The tokens were overwhelmingly distributed to contributors and the community at the end of the crowd sale.  Once Elections are in place, new tokens will be distributed to those elected to run Factom Servers.  Until that point no new tokens are generated. Now and forever, all transaction fees and Entry Credit conversions are burned.  They do not flow to anyone.

Thus tokens ultimately will provide incentives to support the protocol, and thus support what we are doing in building solutions using the protocol.  Those running Factom Servers can only increase the value of the tokens issued by increasing use of the protocol and thus reducing the supply of tokens. Regardless,  the cost of using the protocol is not just inexpensive, it is constant whatever the price of the token.  Factom was designed this way because the markets we are targeting need data services, not transfers of value.

I have a personal interest in the token, certainly.  And Factom will enhance that value by supporting the protocol and creating real world, scalable solutions that use the protocol.

Paul
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:51:33 PM

fudders always fuds,dumper always dump, pumper always pump, me is always buy if a project is promising.
in a year time FCT will be traded around 0.1 even above
good luck everybody
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:17:12 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 10:05:03 PM by Josef27

fudders always fuds,dumper always dump, pumper always pump, me is always buy if a project is promising.
in a year time FCT will be traded around 0.1 even above
good luck everybody

Now that their minuplation  game has been discovered and verified. They are now exposed to others who might want to take  advantage of them as well. Anyone in crypto that makes money by these  methods are paying close attention to what's going on here for sure.  There's always someone bigger in the food chain looking for a meal. Pigs get fat but hogs get slaughtered, and this one is about as hog as they come. This group of manipulators  are obviously very smart and have honed the system. Everyone makes mistakes though I'm sure there's somebody out there would like to make a trophy out of these guys.
D-Lux

Activity: 385

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:35:17 PM

I've read these boards for years and appreciate the various info I pick up from time to time.  Thank you to those who dig up useful information that I would never find on my own.  I filter a lot of what is posted very well and make my own decisions.  Unless you are the one building the code I don't think you have a right to judge to much.  But if you are freaking out about M2 then you need to readjust your plan.  If people are selling hard, that's part of crypto.  Accept it.  Someday I might decide to liquidate all of a position at once and pay off my house (just figuratively speaking)...that would have nothing to do with me having insider information of the fundamentals of the token or company.  Point is, we don't know the motivations of others.  Some people might be shorting and good luck to them.  For me, I understand the fundamentals and on the technical side, I think more likely than not this is very oversold and I'd hate to be short.  But that's me.  It's a zero sum game...someone wins and someone loses.

I'm down about 8% on my current position.  Could lose more on paper today and hereafter, but I know for a fact I won't lose money on this trade.  And if it goes well this is one of the few coins I might actually keep a position in for a long term investment.  

The risk in crypto is extreme and I think it's fun.  I'm probably never going to see some BTC I threw into DEOS, but that's the risk we take.  

For those of you who feel violated from recent events I would just say you need to think about whether this is the right place for you. Maybe go back to dollar cost averaging into a nice, stable mutual fund of blue chip equities.  That's not a slight, you just need to think about your true risk profile and get aligned.  I'm down quite a bit at the moment on this trade but over time I've learned that it's part of the game.  It used to be so hard to be patient.  Now I know this is where I've made most of my gains, and so it's easier to check in on things and just walk away.  And it's the weekend, so I'll do just that!

Best regards to all.

I took a step away from this thread for the past couple days to clear my head, but just read the last 50+ posts and the one above stood out to me as being particularly clear-headed amid the confusion and FUD right now. So I'm reposting it, as I think it shouldn't be lost in the shuffle. Anyway thanks for this, Astmandu. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

And thanks Paul and Brian for weighing in—your responses help clear up some of the more persistent confusion/FUD on here and Reddit. And ... hope the events of the past day or two don't distract too much from the amazing work you and your team are doing. Anyone who's done a deep-dive into Factom knows what I'm talking about.
Pap0u

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:38:54 PM

Whoever dumped out there coins are seriously very gullible and it's in your best interest to not read the forums if you can't seperate fantasy from reality. I would like to thank whoever created all this, it allowed me to scoop up another 4 BTC worth for cheap. Thanks again. Love and kisses.

astmandu

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:42:52 PM

I've read these boards for years and appreciate the various info I pick up from time to time.  Thank you to those who dig up useful information that I would never find on my own.  I filter a lot of what is posted very well and make my own decisions.  Unless you are the one building the code I don't think you have a right to judge to much.  But if you are freaking out about M2 then you need to readjust your plan.  If people are selling hard, that's part of crypto.  Accept it.  Someday I might decide to liquidate all of a position at once and pay off my house (just figuratively speaking)...that would have nothing to do with me having insider information of the fundamentals of the token or company.  Point is, we don't know the motivations of others.  Some people might be shorting and good luck to them.  For me, I understand the fundamentals and on the technical side, I think more likely than not this is very oversold and I'd hate to be short.  But that's me.  It's a zero sum game...someone wins and someone loses.

I'm down about 8% on my current position.  Could lose more on paper today and hereafter, but I know for a fact I won't lose money on this trade.  And if it goes well this is one of the few coins I might actually keep a position in for a long term investment.  

The risk in crypto is extreme and I think it's fun.  I'm probably never going to see some BTC I threw into DEOS, but that's the risk we take.  

For those of you who feel violated from recent events I would just say you need to think about whether this is the right place for you. Maybe go back to dollar cost averaging into a nice, stable mutual fund of blue chip equities.  That's not a slight, you just need to think about your true risk profile and get aligned.  I'm down quite a bit at the moment on this trade but over time I've learned that it's part of the game.  It used to be so hard to be patient.  Now I know this is where I've made most of my gains, and so it's easier to check in on things and just walk away.  And it's the weekend, so I'll do just that!

Best regards to all.

I took a step away from this thread for the past couple days to clear my head, but just read the last 50+ posts and the one above stood out to me as being particularly clear-headed amid the confusion and FUD right now. So I'm reposting it, as I think it shouldn't be lost in the shuffle. Anyway thanks for this, Astmandu. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

And thanks Paul and Brian for weighing in—your responses help clear up some of the more persistent confusion/FUD on here and Reddit. And ... hope the events of the past day or two don't distract too much from the amazing work you and your team are doing. Anyone who's done a deep-dive into Factom knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the kind words, D-Lux.  I may get more involved more but most likely will drift back onto the sidelines.  Demanding career and time with family leaves little time to play with his as much as I'd like.  Speaking of which, the Factom team deserves as much.  Saw on twitter that one guy got uneasy about them taking a minute to celebrate birthdays at the office (because they should be working on M2).  Relax people!

Have a good one!
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: