Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:48:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
D-Lux

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:20:24 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2016, 03:58:45 AM by D-Lux

And I believe it's even possible that the marketcap of Factoids could be above the value of the company.

Without a doubt. Because developers can use Factom's technology without any assistance from Factom Inc, there is incredible value there. Considering the lack of inflation and burning of tokens upon use, it has THE best economic model of all cryptos (at least until M3).

Yep, I pretty sure FCT’s market cap will grow faster over time than Factom Inc’s valuation (though I think both will do extremely well).

For instance: Imagine if G-mail were distinct from Google. Then imagine if G-mail had “invented” email as an open-source project, and then established G-Mail as their business entity. In this analogy, investing in G-mail is roughly equivalent to investing in Factom Inc, and investing in FCT is roughly equivalent to investing in … “email.”

It makes sense that initially, more money will be funneled to Factom Inc than to FCT (Factom Inc has the high-profiles clients and partnership, while use of the protocol is only starting to take off). However as products and services using the Factom protocol become more targeted and efficient, the fees for developing those products/services should be outpaced, at an increasing rate, by the fees collected by the Federated Servers maintaining the protocol. This in turn means that FCT’s growth should outpace Factom Inc’s growth—or put another way, that FCT’s market cap should outpace Factom Inc’s valuation.

Another consideration: FCT has a monopoly on the FCT market (obviously), but Factom Inc will inevitably have competitors as others learn how to develop their own products/services using the Factom protocol.

But again, this isn’t to disparage Factom Inc in the slightest—both FCT and Factom Inc. are the investments of the decade, in their respective markets, IMO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:37:35 PM

I ve been in crypto since mis 2012. Do you know how many stories of this kind I ve read during this time? Almost every single coin has had similar story. Buy, hold, future brings really dandy stuff. Litecoin, Feathercoin, Doge, Vert, Solar, Fresh, Aurora, etc, etc. Almost each and every of this coins promised bright future to its holders and has had an army of avid supporter in some period of their development. Guess what, not a single one of these reached what they expected it to be. At least from the current perspective.

This is why I do not buy that lovely jowely story, buy, set it and forget it cause the future brings great stuff. The fact is Factom market does not react to market essentials due to something, probably heavy manipulation by someone. This is a MAJOR element which makes me really uncomfortable. Will decide what to do next with my stash in the next few days. 

Said some traders and enthusiast. What did you expect? `The whole money system will change and run into a dogecoin,... in 3 months?
Furthermore:
In 2012 banks said stay away from crypto, today they embrace blockchain tech. So you can´t compare 2012 with 2016. Crypto is noticed/ pushed more and more. And even yet crypto´s are still in  "quiet before the storm"-mode. I say wait 1 or 2 more years.

http://www.coindesk.com/dubai-government-documents-blockchain-strategy-2020/

But anyway. I´m not here to convince you. If you feel "really uncomfortable" with FTC you should invest in another coin.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:32:12 AM

I m not going to engage into trollish behaviour some of our friends here exercise during the last few days. I m long into Factom, I do not trade on a daily basis and my only interest here is to see this technology to get valued at a fair market price. So no pumping, no fake news, no buy the rumour, just fair market valuation of Factoid based on what is behind them, the technology they represent.

I cannot understand the market still cannot realise this is by far best buy of all crypto. This and maybe Zcash, once it becomes available. Still, volumes re by far too  low for something backed up by the real stuff and constantly developing in the right direction.

Well, there re 2 possible explanations here. Either the market fails to see Factom potential and most of us here do. This would mean those of us who have been visionaries and brave enough to go deep in Factom will become moderately rich people, once the market sees full potential of this tech. The other option s the market s right and ...... and ....... what really? For this to be true, Factom team needs to fuck up something big time for this fail miserably or there should be a huge competitor which does these things better and sooner.

So, there s actually only option in my mind, the market has failed to see Factom potential till this moment and this results in low liquidity allowing players to move and influence the price. This MUST stop soon, if my theory s correct.Cause u can play 2k BTC daily market liquidity. How about 30k or 100k?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 06:21:15 AM

I m not going to engage into trollish behaviour some of our friends here exercise during the last few days. I m long into Factom, I do not trade on a daily basis and my only interest here is to see this technology to get valued at a fair market price. So no pumping, no fake news, no buy the rumour, just fair market valuation of Factoid based on what is behind them, the technology they represent.

I cannot understand the market still cannot realise this is by far best buy of all crypto. This and maybe Zcash, once it becomes available. Still, volumes re by far too  low for something backed up by the real stuff and constantly developing in the right direction.

Well, there re 2 possible explanations here. Either the market fails to see Factom potential and most of us here do. This would mean those of us who have been visionaries and brave enough to go deep in Factom will become moderately rich people, once the market sees full potential of this tech. The other option s the market s right and ...... and ....... what really? For this to be true, Factom team needs to fuck up something big time for this fail miserably or there should be a huge competitor which does these things better and sooner.

So, there s actually only option in my mind, the market has failed to see Factom potential till this moment and this results in low liquidity allowing players to move and influence the price. This MUST stop soon, if my theory s correct.Cause u can play 2k BTC daily market liquidity. How about 30k or 100k?

If you are long you should be Jumping for joy I know I was disappointed when it went back up over 42.
When you are buying into something you believe has great potential like I believe Factom has then you want to buy as LOW as possible so don't complain about low Prices say Thank you very much and accumulate.
If you are a Day Trader then you should be worried if your not take the gift.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
D-Lux

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 06:25:51 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2016, 06:42:02 AM by D-Lux

... I believe it could be healthy to build a price-base at the current range, while weak hands sell because of impatience. It avoids dumping on release because weak hands already will be out when M2 and exodus etc. will come.

I think this is a great and under-realized point. IF they are about to release M2 without a major mishap, and IF awareness continues in the direction it's been going for the past month or two, and IF the market suppression stops after M2's release, we could see one hell of a rise. That's a lot of "if"s but IMO, at this point, are all more likely than not. It really is a very curious, potentially very powerful set-up.
siaubas

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 06:37:23 AM

Signed up just to reply.
I don't get why you are so worked up.
Yes, Factom is cheap.
Yes, there is very little liquidity.
Yes, it is manipulated.
Those who are aware and like Factom already bought in, many (if not most), on leverage. Here is the game: sell some, and pick up stops and overleveraged ones on the way down... With 700 BTC, or 420k USD you could force it down by 50%. A loss of 15 MILLION in the market cap at the price of $420k. Easy and HUGE money. Somebody has a huge chunk of Factom and moves the price to his liking. To accumulate even more. Meanwhile, many of those who just heard of Factom for the very first time are only buying Bitcoin to transfer to an exchange(takes up to a week). Give it time. It is also a good thing that Factom Inc doesn't depend on the price of Factoids, otherwise you could short it to death. Eventually it should be fine and more resistant to manipulation. Just be patient.
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 10:44:33 AM

I think you can explain the suppressed Factom price without manipulation:

- Factom is all speculation, there is no guarantee people will use their blockchain and their services.
After all, for Factom clients, this is all considered as a "cost". publishing information on a blockchain is something they didn't do or need before, why pay this extra cost ? CEOs always want to reduce their costs,
and how can they be sure that this will be handled properly. What is the impact on the client business if Factom goes under ?
As long as there is no collective industry needs to publish data on a public blockchain nobody will do it.

There is no guarantee there will not ever be any competitor. Actually i think there are a lot of similar projects already under development.

- Those who believe in Factom have already bought. and a lot of them bought at much much cheaper level than today, and have been happy to sell some to take profits. Clear now that over 0.005 there were not enough buyers to absorb all those sales, and that many recent buyers had been tactical leveraged players, they are now out of the market.

- So unless there are good news from the client side that brings new players willing to move in, or that the existing longs are willing to add to their longs, the market will be subject to gyrations. With a lot of high conviction longs being burnt recently i doubt we see those guys trying their luck again, so...

- where from here short term ? sentiment is still fragile. M2 can give some hope and hype, but then again, so thought people long at 0.005 and above. I don't think we go back to the intraday lows 0.00306 from the other day, but 0.0036 is not impossible, especially in a scenario where BTC gets strong. 0.0038-0.0039 is I believe a good buy zone for short term traders if we get there. i think we will try at least once to climb to the Daily MA10 again.

the classic bearish divergence (RSI+Volume) on the weekly chart paints a very bleak medium term picture for FCT (0.0025 or even 0.0015 as targets, 2sigma Lower Bollinger Band value when the signal appeared)

Of course, charting has limited predicting powers in such a small market as FCT. What ultimately matters is actual clients using FCT. in that case, the price will be much much higher. If nobody uses it, it will go to 0.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:00:54 AM

I think you can explain the suppressed Factom price without manipulation:

- Factom is all speculation, there is no guarantee people will use their blockchain and their services.
After all, for Factom clients, this is all considered as a "cost". publishing information on a blockchain is something they didn't do or need before, why pay this extra cost ? CEOs always want to reduce their costs,
and how can they be sure that this will be handled properly. What is the impact on the client business if Factom goes under ?
As long as there is no collective industry needs to publish data on a public blockchain nobody will do it.

There is no guarantee there will not ever be any competitor. Actually i think there are a lot of similar projects already under development.

- Those who believe in Factom have already bought. and a lot of them bought at much much cheaper level than today, and have been happy to sell some to take profits. Clear now that over 0.005 there were not enough buyers to absorb all those sales, and that many recent buyers had been tactical leveraged players, they are now out of the market.

- So unless there are good news from the client side that brings new players willing to move in, or that the existing longs are willing to add to their longs, the market will be subject to gyrations. With a lot of high conviction longs being burnt recently i doubt we see those guys trying their luck again, so...

- where from here short term ? sentiment is still fragile. M2 can give some hope and hype, but then again, so thought people long at 0.005 and above. I don't think we go back to the intraday lows 0.00306 from the other day, but 0.0036 is not impossible, especially in a scenario where BTC gets strong. 0.0038-0.0039 is I believe a good buy zone for short term traders if we get there. i think we will try at least once to climb to the Daily MA10 again.

the classic bearish divergence (RSI+Volume) on the weekly chart paints a very bleak medium term picture for FCT (0.0025 or even 0.0015 as targets, 2sigma Lower Bollinger Band value when the signal appeared)

Of course, charting has limited predicting powers in such a small market as FCT. What ultimately matters is actual clients using FCT. in that case, the price will be much much higher. If nobody uses it, it will go to 0.

The price might go to 0. Damn, when has ever price of any coin with at least 1 alive and kicking dev and not to mention this kind of team, went to 0. It s been a long time since I d seen this.

I seriously think community should start considering to leave negative trust rating to you, this much of trolling I have not seen in a long time. Then again, I come from an ex communist country, we used to execute people who didn't think "the proper" way. So maybe some of community members coming from more democratic societies should comment on this issue.

Let me repeat myself one more time. YOU CANNOT HAVE MY COINS, SO STOP TRYING. NOT SELLING CAUSE I KNOW THEY RE WORTH MUCH, MUCH MORE.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
GrossBit

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:06:29 AM

ok not 0, lets say market cap 1M. Are you any happier ?

Factom is a private company. They are burning cash at a fast rate, and have enough funding for maybe 18 months to 2 years. If in 2 years time, they can't get any significant contracts and if by that time a strong competitor emerges, they will put the plug on Factom, and then no more dev, and if its open source, it will be up to the CrazyIvans to take up the slack and try to make it great again....
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:22:18 AM

Factom is a private company. They are burning cash at a fast rate, and have enough funding for maybe 18 months to 2 years. If in 2 years time, they can't get any significant contracts and if by that time a strong competitor emerges, they will put the plug on Factom, and then no more dev, and if its open source, it will be up to the CrazyIvans to take up the slack and try to make it great again....

1) Factom Inc is a company, the Factom-protocol is open source.

2) Of course Factom could fail, as startup and the entire project. But: They already have very good partnerships! To expect that there already should be high usage of the system, even before M2 is naive. To believe that they won't deliver M2 and M3 would be naive as well. And exactly because it's already safe to say that there is demand and that companies and institutions and governments are interested, it's unlikely that this won't increase with M2 and M3.

Much more likely in my opinion is that we will see an explosion of use at one point. Also an explosion of applications, because the protocol is open to developers to build on.

What I would like to know from all the "down-talkers" is: Is there just one blockchain-project in this space that is ahead when it comes to business-potential?

GrossBit

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:37:54 AM

2) Of course Factom could fail, as startup and the entire project. But: They already have very good partnerships! To expect that there already should be high usage of the system, even before M2 is naive. To believe that they won't deliver M2 and M3 would be naive as well. And exactly because it's already safe to say that there is demand and that companies and institutions and governments are interested, it's unlikely that this won't increase with M2 and M3.

Much more likely in my opinion is that we will see an explosion of use at one point. Also an explosion of applications, because the protocol is open to developers to build on.

What I would like to know from all the "down-talkers" is: Is there just one blockchain-project in this space that is ahead when it comes to business-potential?

in terms of business potential, i think its among the top of the list, just because they've been around for a while and built a little name for them and have some contacts already. They have a first mover advantage
 Thats why i'm invested in it. But as investors, we don't want just potential :-)

As for their technology, I'm afraid it could be obsolete very quickly, so they have to deliver quickly. I think within 1-2 year, investors will be either well in the money, or totally broke in FCT, with not many scenarios in the middle.
Fuyuki_Wataru

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:41:19 AM

Too bad the price is falling again. Guess the so-called troll ''Grossbit'' was right once again. Just because someone has a different perspective on things doesn't make himself a troll btw.

Good luck with trading.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:42:21 AM

in terms of business potential, i think its among the top of the list, just because they've been around for a while and built a little name for them and have some contacts already. They have a first mover advantage
 Thats why i'm invested in it. But as investors, we don't want just potential :-)

As for their technology, I'm afraid it could be obsolete very quickly, so they have to deliver quickly. I think within 1-2 year, investors will be either well in the money, or totally broke in FCT, with not many scenarios in the middle.

Why are you afraid their tech could be obsolete very quickly? And what do you think would be quickly when it comes to delivery?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:42:43 AM

Too bad the price is falling again. Guess the so-called troll ''Grossbit'' was right once again. Just because someone has a different perspective on things doesn't make himself a troll btw.

Good luck with trading.

The price reacts on Bitcoin:

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/btcusd
FudCutter

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:47:28 AM

Crickets. Kiss
D-Lux

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:52:43 AM

You're starting to lose your touch, Grossbit. If you want to maintain a credible-seeming manipulation strategy, some level of consistency is important. A couple days ago you claimed: "disclosure : I don't have any position on FCT."

www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/55x0sr/tim_draper_leads_42_million_series_a_for/d8esftg

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:54:27 AM

You're starting to lose your touch, Grossbit. If you want to maintain a credible-seeming manipulation strategy, some level of consistency is important. A couple days ago you claimed: "disclosure : I don't have any position on FCT."

www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/55x0sr/tim_draper_leads_42_million_series_a_for/d8esftg

I believe he mentioned somewhere that he bought Factom-shares but sold Factoids.
astmandu

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:01:07 PM

Good luck with trading.

Yeah, BTC goes up 1% and FCT drops 10%...hah
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:02:52 PM

Good luck with trading.

Yeah, BTC goes up 1% and FCT drops 10%...hah

Yes. Because some believe BTC will go up more. Buying and selling is never just about the present but future predictions/bets on the future.
GrossBit

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:10:05 PM

trying my luck buying back some FCT at 0.00386, 30mn and 1H RSI is oversold, i think 0.0042 is possible (4H MA10)

not very adventurous though, nowhere the size i used to have
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: