Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:12:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
Elpadrinho

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 09:44:43 PM

Where are the douchebag haters today? Especially Grossbit loll
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 09:47:20 PM

Well Fuyuki s here. The other one must be here as well.

You can troll as hard as u want. U CANT HAVE MY COINS!!!! Why? Cause I know they re worth much, much, MUCH more.  Grin Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Elpadrinho

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 09:52:06 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2016, 10:14:40 PM by Elpadrinho

Well Fuyuki s here. The other one must be here as well.

You can troll as hard as u want. U CANT HAVE MY COINS!!!! Why? Cause I know they re worth much, much, MUCH more.  Grin Grin

LOL I was thinking the same.There reputations are worthless.The other one is Grossbit.Whenever you see these FUDDERS it means its time to buy!So long wankers.I'll be looking down at you from the moooonn
BitCrow

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

Speaker/enthusiast of blockchain tech in Brazil

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 09:54:20 PM

Funny that besides the investment news has the M2 it on Github .. that does not mean anything?

Who know more details?

https://github.com/FactomProject
JanDzban

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 10:14:49 PM

Personaly i dont want to buy your cheap coins because i have some already and i don't claim that 4,1m on sec.gov is fake. I just wonder why news.btc posted and deleted article about Factom and Draper. If it wasn't commissioned by Factom team means that someone from news.btc is playing dirty game, and if it was, it should be cleared up anyway IMO

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Elpadrinho

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 10:33:32 PM

The news is real.

If you where thinking about selling your coins, but the market dropped too low... now is your chance to get out before it continue's its decline.

Everyone will have forgotten about this news in 2 days.

Your credibility is worthless. Good luck on future posts lol
spacezx

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 10:42:34 PM

Factom Secures Series A Funding Deal with Tim Draper

By Jon Southurst -  October 4, 2016

Blockchain data securing company Factom announced today it has secured a Series A equity funding round. Notable bitcoin and blockchain investor Tim Draper of Draper Associates led the round.

Austin-based Factom did not disclose the amount it raised. However, CEO and co-founder Peter Kirby said his firm is “delighted” to have an investor of Draper’s stature on board. As for the money, Factom will spent it further developing its core technology and product suite.

What Sort of Company is Factom?

FactomFactom is a non-currency project that uses the Bitcoin blockchain to provide “an unalterable record-keeping system” for enterprise. Aimed at businesses and governments, Factom secures records like supply chain management, medical records, property titles and many others.

Its main product, Factom Apollo, gathers data from various sources and encodes changes in real-time on a decentralized protocol, running on the Bitcoin blockchain. Designed to save auditing time, Apollo aims to streamline applications like tracking insurance claims data and financial trading.

Another product, called Iris, aims to secure devices on the Internet of Things. It uses blockchain-based records to verify devices’ identity — avoiding the risks and expense of secure certificate authorities.

Tim Draper on Factom’s Technology

Draper noted how important decentralized data verification solutions will be in future, and Factom’s role in building them:

“Securing data is mission critical for governments, banks, car companies, credit card companies, retailers and any company concerned with hacking. Centralized data is prone to critical failure by any individual mistake, whether by user error or malicious hacking. By decentralizing data through the blockchain.”

Factom avoids critical failures, he added. The company’s services could help secure bank accounts, protect against identity theft or prevent malicious actors taking control of dangerous devices like cars.

Draper’s company, Draper Associates, is a seed-stage venture capital firm. Founded in 1985, it seeks out transformative technologies like cloud, IoT and (of course) “new finance.” Draper has also made personal investments in other Bitcoin companies including Korea’s Korbit and Coinplug.

Factom a “Second Revolution” Says Chief Architect

Factom chief architect and co-founder Paul Snow described the firm’s technology as a “second revolution” in computer science. While Bitcoin and blockchain-based value transfer represents the first revolution was blockchain-based value transfer like Bitcoin, “the Factom protocol allows for the open coordination of processes against immutable ledgers of data”.

Factom’s services will impact data and systems just as the first revolution impacted value, he claimed.

AUTHOR: Jon Southurst
Jon Southurst has been interested in bitcoin since reading Neal Stephenson's 'Cryptonomicon' in 2012. A long-time tech writer, he has been a regular contributor at CoinDesk and has written for Kaiko.com, DeepDotWeb and ancient print publications. He lives on an artificial island in Tokyo.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CA9jQAz4a9QJ:https://news.bitcoin.com/factom-series-funding-deal-tim-draper/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=se
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 11:40:26 PM

^ I just saw 3BTC go flying through the orderbook. That must have been you.  Shocked

i bought 15 BTC one shot. Actually there was an order to sell 27 BTC on screen. Earlier today i wanted to buy at the same level, but there was no liquidity to execute, i would have had to pay up to 0.00366 to get everything done when the market was trading 0.00356 last. As soon as i lifted the offer, the rest disappeared, i don't know if someone else took the balance, or if it was sold to market, or just went offline.

the market is ticking lower again.

liquidity is poor, if someone sells 50 or 100 BTC, the market will be crushed again

For a person buying / speculating with 15 btcs, u sure do speak/troll a lot!! Get a life, lmao!!

already sold 0.0036 -> 0.00414
say thank you to GrossBit, timed the selloff nicely, and the dead cat bounce with high precision.
follow me more on r/ethtrader

sorry i'm a trader, when i do trading i adapt my size to the market depth. As demonstrated by how difficult it was to trade only 15BTC, with the available bid offer, you would only get more slippage trying to get bigger size. this is FCT, this is not USDJPY or the US treasury market.

the market overshot my target, i thought more about 0.0043, but anyway, we're back below that number, the MA10 is 0.045 and we got as close as we could. Logically the dead cat bounce is already over and we should go quickly go back to 0.038 and consolidate in a triangle 0.037-0.043 from here before breaking out to new lows 0.0025 seems logical, but given the weekly bearish divergence (RSI+volume), in the absence of positive news, 0.0015 would be the ultimate target. but that last number seems very very low to me as well. Thats my intuition, but ready to change my mind anytime as always.

The market rallied on the filing, i have to research a bit to see what it means exactly; I suspect its old news, and has nothing to do with new funding. The timing is a bit odd. As I said before, I would turn bullish only when there are news of actual deals with X amount of factoids sold for a 6 or 7 digit dollar-worth of FCT for a single year, so this piece of news is just adding noise i believe.
Elpadrinho

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:10:53 AM

^ I just saw 3BTC go flying through the orderbook. That must have been you.  Shocked

i bought 15 BTC one shot. Actually there was an order to sell 27 BTC on screen. Earlier today i wanted to buy at the same level, but there was no liquidity to execute, i would have had to pay up to 0.00366 to get everything done when the market was trading 0.00356 last. As soon as i lifted the offer, the rest disappeared, i don't know if someone else took the balance, or if it was sold to market, or just went offline.

liquidity is poor, if someone sells 50 or 100 BTC, the market will be crushed again

For a person buying / speculating with 15 btcs, u sure do speak/troll a lot!! Get a life, lmao!!

say thank you to GrossBit, timed the selloff nicely, and the dead cat bounce with high precision.

sorry i'm a trader, when i do trading i adapt my size to the market depth. As demonstrated by how difficult it was to trade only 15BTC, with the available bid offer, you would only get more slippage trying to get bigger size. this is FCT, this is not USDJPY or the US treasury market.

the market overshot my target, i thought more about 0.0043, but anyway, we're back below that number, the MA10 is 0.045 and we got as close as we could. Logically the dead cat bounce is already over and we should go quickly go back to 0.038 and consolidate in a triangle 0.037-0.043 from here before breaking out to new lows 0.0025 seems logical, but given the weekly bearish divergence (RSI+volume), in the absence of positive news, 0.0015 would be the ultimate target. but that last number seems very very low to me as well. Thats my intuition, but ready to change my mind anytime as always.

The market rallied on the filing, i have to research a bit to see what it means exactly; I suspect its old news, and has nothing to do with new funding. The timing is a bit odd. As I said before, I would turn bullish only when there are news of actual deals with X amount of factoids sold for a 6 or 7 digit dollar-worth of FCT for a single year, so this piece of news is just adding noise i believe.

Your credibility is worth shit IMO...Fudders will be fudders...good luck with your reputation winner
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:23:05 AM

Word to the wise (pro tip) --- Anytime Grossbit gives us his technical FUD analysis you should buy more and have more confidence to go long.. thanks Grossbit! Keep it coming Wink
FudCutter

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:25:22 AM

Word to the wise (pro tip) --- Anytime Grossbit gives us his technical FUD analysis you should buy more and have more confidence to go long.. thanks Grossbit! Keep it coming Wink

Truth!
GrossBit

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:26:07 AM

Your credibility is worth shit IMO...Fudders will be fudders...good luck with your reputation winner

don't care about your opinion. got a lot of followers on r/ethtrader and get thank you mails everyday from grateful people.

Regarding the filing itself, i would like the news to be officially confirmed by people from Factom. The timing is odd.
I don't remember seeing any filing announcement for the bnktothefuture Series A closing in the news
Remember we are Oct4th a Tuesday, and yesterday was the first business day of the quarter. If those filings are every quarter, this announcement could be related to the bnktothefuture filing from July.
1M would be unaccounted for though, so it may not be the right explanation, or would need some explanation.

Anyhow this is important enough that we need clarification from Factom itself.

i never BS.
GrossBit

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:29:12 AM

GrossBit, what do we do?

told you bought yesterday at 0.0036 as advertised, sold here 0.00414 enjoying my profits. see my other posts...
flashbit

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:32:35 AM

I think Grossbit is getting nervous with the good news... LMAO!!!
GrossBit

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:33:03 AM

Where are the douchebag haters today? Especially Grossbit loll

taking profits...

call me douchebag, but not Factom hater. Why should I hate Factom ? i made good profits with them...and I'm still long Factom through their shares, so i'm in with Tim Draper as well.

Today's news need clarification but for me the weekly bearish divergence pattern (RSI+ volume) is still intact.
of course FCT is a very small cap and TA will have only a limited predicting power in case of uber-news like a real business deal (im not talking about funding only).

I would be very surprised if we don't go down quickly to 0.0037-0.0038 though (where i'd buy again probably)
GrossBit

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:35:36 AM

oh yeh, you get nervous when you're in profit ? why should i be nervous ? got out everything at 0.005 on average, made extra money on this dip.
I think you're the nervous one, especially if you were a late August buyer...

LMAO, now going to enjoy life and treat myself with my profits  Grin
flashbit

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:44:12 AM

oh yeh, you get nervous when you're in profit ? why should i be nervous ? got out everything at 0.005 on average, made extra money on this dip.

LMAO, now going to enjoy life and treat myself with my profits  Grin

Been following Factom for a year and you're very new here I see.. hmmmm.. looks like maybe new to crypto as well according to your account.. just wow.  You just opened your account on August 27, 2016, 11:36:49 AM. Hilarious!!!!
GrossBit

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:02:11 AM

Been following Factom for a year and you're very new here I see.. hmmmm.. looks like maybe new to crypto as well according to your account.. just wow.  You just opened your account on August 27, 2016, 11:36:49 AM. Hilarious!!!!

did you read all my posts ?

i've been contributing abundantly on reddit with the same nickname since Dec2015.
mainly on reddit/ethtrader, but also on reddit/factom or other subs. you can check my whole history. I was bullish Factom from July when they closed their series A funding

follow my posts there, because i won't post as often here than over there.

GrossBit

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:03:30 AM

BTW i cross posted on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/55v8r8/factom_secures_series_a_funding_deal_with_tim/

i want to see confirmation that this is not old news.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/362144Capturedecran20161005a095320.png

this is a snapshot from bnktothefuture related to 550,000,000 yens of funding so far.
(displayed in Yen cause i'm based in Japan)

That is a (almost) round 5.5 M USD given the exchange rate slightly above 100.
I would have naturally thought that amount was entirely related to this round of funding in August 2016

But a not-so-nice interpretation is that this figure would include the first round of funding.

Then it would all add up to the 1.5M seed capital and 4M here

1.5M from plug and play Dec 2015
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1660928/000166092815000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml

the 4M form which is making the buzz
http://form-d.findthecompany.com/l/338212/Factom-Inc

1.5M+4M = 5.5M

not saying this is the right interpretation, but those numbers seem to add up. and there is no sign of another Form-D.
I don't remember seeing any form-D for the bnktothefuture August round of funding. Maybe those filings are at the end of every quarter
(note the previous one was at the end of December).

Thats many coincidences, and i think i'm correct.
In which case, the market rallied on old news. a short covering rally was due given the severe correction. It stopped just where it had to, at the 10D MA.
If I'm correct its very bearish for sentiment as well, because people will realize everything is not rozy, they can't even understand the figures thrown around...
flashbit

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:22:22 AM

did you read all my posts ?

i've been contributing abundantly on reddit with the same nickname since Dec2015.
mainly on reddit/ethtrader, but also on reddit/factom or other subs. you can check my whole history. I was bullish Factom from July when they closed their series A funding

follow my posts there, because i won't post as often here than over there.

Stop with the lies dude. You have been a member on reddit for 6 months and only started posting on the factom subreddit a month ago.

A month ago.. nothing before this..
https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/4zsmci/httpftalphavilleftcom201608262173476blockchainswhe/?

You only started posted on ethtrader 3 months ago..
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4ozzjc/smart_contracts_are_dumb/?

Stop the lies.. it's not working... you're not very good at it..

Keep it up and I'll keep posting this..

Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: