Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 [2356] 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376905 times)
pixelpowered

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:31:11 PM

Awe they don't have the shot glasses.
I feel some funny drinking games will happen once the discovery and the plea deal (if real) comes to fruition.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
truckinusa

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:10:48 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2017, 02:59:16 AM by truckinusa

http://www.reformer.com/stories/plaintiff-in-civil-suit-claims-garza-has-reached-plea-deal,504728

https://twitter.com/BitJane/status/854143173723131905

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/crypto-criminal-josh-garza-pleads-guilty-jane-kreisman

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ████████████████████████████████████████  ██
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:45:35 PM

Cheesy

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:31:42 PM

ONLY $65 shipping for a bunch of plastic cards.  Media mail.  Roll Eyes
maildir
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:06:26 AM

Hopefully all of this info is accurate. I'm very interested to see what sentence the Judge will hand down, no doubt the defense will flood him with sob stories; Homero has young children,  Cry Homero was abused growing up  Cry Homero had no father figure to guide him  Cry Homero didn't mean for this to happen..... Roll Eyes however one thing is crystal clear no escape whatsoever. Victim's can come forward offering their stories, SEC says he broke this law and that law etc, one simple concrete evidence or proof that regardless of his sob story defence, he is an out right crook, is the stiffing of the utility company in Mississippi. Plain as day, $350,000 whatever it was, not a care in the world, use the service, pack up and leave them in the lurch. No escaping that, black and white as it comes, zero excuse whether he had a father or not.

One thing I can't figure out is if he does have vast sums of money and can settle with the SEC like it has been said; why would the Class Action have not gone after him for those funds? Instead they dropped the case against him, now he will use his secret stash to pay the SEC when it would have been a sure thing against him. Only thing I can think of is he told them in advance he would settle with the SEC and give them all he hast, therefore, drop the case against me because I will have nothing left to give you, let me join your side and we will go after Uncle Stu....

Something is off in this regard I think. Whatever, let us see how it all plays out. At least we don't have to wait a whole 12 more months if this does in fact all come about in the next month or two.

All we need now or "soon™" is that inevitable picture of Homero in 'cuffs being led away  Cool
truckinusa

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:52:01 AM

Hopefully all of this info is accurate. I'm very interested to see what sentence the Judge will hand down, no doubt the defense will flood him with sob stories; Homero has young children,  Cry Homero was abused growing up  Cry Homero had no father figure to guide him  Cry Homero didn't mean for this to happen..... Roll Eyes however one thing is crystal clear no escape whatsoever. Victim's can come forward offering their stories, SEC says he broke this law and that law etc, one simple concrete evidence or proof that regardless of his sob story defence, he is an out right crook, is the stiffing of the utility company in Mississippi. Plain as day, $350,000 whatever it was, not a care in the world, use the service, pack up and leave them in the lurch. No escaping that, black and white as it comes, zero excuse whether he had a father or not.

One thing I can't figure out is if he does have vast sums of money and can settle with the SEC like it has been said; why would the Class Action have not gone after him for those funds? Instead they dropped the case against him, now he will use his secret stash to pay the SEC when it would have been a sure thing against him. Only thing I can think of is he told them in advance he would settle with the SEC and give them all he hast, therefore, drop the case against me because I will have nothing left to give you, let me join your side and we will go after Uncle Stu....

Something is off in this regard I think. Whatever, let us see how it all plays out. At least we don't have to wait a whole 12 more months if this does in fact all come about in the next month or two.

All we need now or "soon™" is that inevitable picture of Homero in 'cuffs being led away  Cool
I just don't see him getting any prison time or very little.  Maybe a couple of years and a 10 year ban on running any type of business.  It just has to be Uncle Stu if there is any type of settlement money. 

▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
maildir
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:09:01 PM

The (good) thing is there are two components to this all, criminal and civil. The SEC if I remember correctly is only civil. Yes, they are more lenient if you plead guilty pay fines and restitution, get barred from activities, do community service etc. There is still the criminal aspect which I think is or was tax evasion money laundering, sanction busting etc. There was always this SEC first case civil aspect which kicked everything off, while we were waiting/hoping for the criminal aspect to follow with the IRS, FBI, DHS and whoever else. That's never been addressed openly other than for sure he broke numerous laws in that sector (criminal).  If this plea is real, maybe it includes all the behind scenes that went on or are going on in the criminal aspect of the case. If so, for sure he will receive jail time. If it is only a plea against the civil case of the SEC, then there is a chance they will not jail him, but surely the criminal aspect of the case will then follow. Based on the wording of the leaked info and based on common sense if it can even apply, they bundled up the civil case and the criminal case and he will plead against that combined. Simply because he would not have any resources left to fight a criminal charge after giving up all his ill gotten gains to the SEC.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:09:17 PM

I expect that the SEC case carries at least five years.  The question is whether or not he gets some probation / reduced sentence / parole, etc...

That's why victims MUST speak up to counter Mama Hope's, Baby Mama's & Scared / Frightened Carlos' testimony.... We know they'll pour it on & try to blame The Muggles.

I'm guessing that after all the hard work the SEC & FBI had to do just to understand this $#!t and then to TRACK it, they will want to make an example of Garza --- they sure don't want to have to do this again!

pixelpowered

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 02:14:14 AM

The (good) thing is there are two components to this all, criminal and civil. The SEC if I remember correctly is only civil. Yes, they are more lenient if you plead guilty pay fines and restitution, get barred from activities, do community service etc. There is still the criminal aspect which I think is or was tax evasion money laundering, sanction busting etc. There was always this SEC first case civil aspect which kicked everything off, while we were waiting/hoping for the criminal aspect to follow with the IRS, FBI, DHS and whoever else. That's never been addressed openly other than for sure he broke numerous laws in that sector (criminal).  If this plea is real, maybe it includes all the behind scenes that went on or are going on in the criminal aspect of the case. If so, for sure he will receive jail time. If it is only a plea against the civil case of the SEC, then there is a chance they will not jail him, but surely the criminal aspect of the case will then follow. Based on the wording of the leaked info and based on common sense if it can even apply, they bundled up the civil case and the criminal case and he will plead against that combined. Simply because he would not have any resources left to fight a criminal charge after giving up all his ill gotten gains to the SEC.

Good observations.

I don't believe a word from gawsuit

Why don't you trust Allen Shinners?

truckinusa

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:30:31 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 08:26:56 AM by truckinusa

Pleaded guilty.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/crypto-criminal-josh-garza-pleads-guilty-jane-kreisman

---

Homero "Josh" Garza, swindler of $20M through GAWMiners, CoinSwap and PayBase, has finally admitted his guilt and accepted a plea deal with the US Department of Justice, the FBI and the SEC, according to Allen Shinners, who is assisting the feds and leading the civil suit.

High-school dropout Garza bilked millions of dollars, mostly in Bitcoin, from thousands of duped customers who purchased fake mining "Hashlets" and a doomed Bitcoin alternative, “Hashcoin,” renamed “Paycoin,” which was, in fact, a very poorly developed Peercoin clone. Peercoin, Paycoin and Bitcoin are known as digital or "crypto currencies."

Garza's first career venture was also suspect. Garza was ordered to return a $64,000 grant from the State of Vermont for failing to render services promised, and leaving customers throughout New England without paid-for Internet access and telephone service. Garza’s career was off to a bad start from day one. His little startup, GAW High Speed Internet, was launched under the name Great Auk Wireless in 2005, according to documents from the Vermont Secretary of State’s Office, and folded shortly thereafter.

Garza subsequently founded GAWMiners and GAWLabs with an unlikely personal mentor and friend, Stuart Fraser of Cantor Fitzgerald, in which GAW stands for “Geniuses At Work.” Fraser’s name gave credibility to Garza’s ventures. Stuart Fraser, then vice chairman of the New York City investment firm, has denied any involvement with GAW Miners, but a blurry screenshot from his former LinkedIn profile in 2014 clearly shows otherwise:

Burned customers worldwide are celebrating the news published today from Allen Shinners, (AKA Allen1980s online,) who is leading a civil suit, called the GAWsuit, and helping various federal agencies prosecute Garza and Fraser, who are accused of operating an illegal Ponzi scheme.

---

http://bitsonline.com/gaw-miners-paycoin-garza-guilty/

https://www.scribd.com/document/345681419/Garza-FBI-Doc#from_embed

Would you happen to have contact information to get on the victims list?   Interesting this letter was sent 10 days ago and no word until now.

On a positive note, It looks like the sentencing guidelines place Homero very high on the point scale.  I didn't realize 20 million dollars earned you a level 22 and a $75,000 fine.  I believe he is much higher than that but that is what negotiation will knock down also.

fine table: http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/guidelines-manual/2012/manual-pdf/Fine_Table.pdf

fraud sentencing guidelines:  https://www.whitecollarcrimeresources.com/federal-fraud-sentencing-guidelines.html

sentencing table: http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/guidelines-manual/2012/manual-pdf/Sentencing_Table.pdf

btw, level 22 gets you 41 years for a first offense.   I am still very skeptical though.

▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:52:50 AM

Pleaded guilty.

---

Homero "Josh" Garza, swindler of $20M through GAWMiners, CoinSwap and PayBase, has finally admitted his guilt and accepted a plea deal with the US Department of Justice, the FBI and the SEC, according to Allen Shinners, who is assisting the feds and leading the civil suit.

High-school dropout Garza bilked millions of dollars, mostly in Bitcoin, from thousands of duped customers who purchased fake mining "Hashlets" and a doomed Bitcoin alternative, “Hashcoin,” renamed “Paycoin,” which was, in fact, a very poorly developed Peercoin clone. Peercoin, Paycoin and Bitcoin are known as digital or "crypto currencies."

Garza's first career venture was also suspect. Garza was ordered to return a $64,000 grant from the State of Vermont for failing to render services promised, and leaving customers throughout New England without paid-for Internet access and telephone service. Garza’s career was off to a bad start from day one. His little startup, GAW High Speed Internet, was launched under the name Great Auk Wireless in 2005, according to documents from the Vermont Secretary of State’s Office, and folded shortly thereafter.

Garza subsequently founded GAWMiners and GAWLabs with an unlikely personal mentor and friend, Stuart Fraser of Cantor Fitzgerald, in which GAW stands for “Geniuses At Work.” Fraser’s name gave credibility to Garza’s ventures. Stuart Fraser, then vice chairman of the New York City investment firm, has denied any involvement with GAW Miners, but a blurry screenshot from his former LinkedIn profile in 2014 clearly shows otherwise:

Burned customers worldwide are celebrating the news published today from Allen Shinners, (AKA Allen1980s online,) who is leading a civil suit, called the GAWsuit, and helping various federal agencies prosecute Garza and Fraser, who are accused of operating an illegal Ponzi scheme.

---

http://bitsonline.com/gaw-miners-paycoin-garza-guilty/

https://www.scribd.com/document/345681419/Garza-FBI-Doc#from_embed

Would you happen to have contact information to get on the victims list?   Interesting this letter was sent 10 days ago and no word until now.

On a positive note, It looks like the sentencing guidelines place Homero very high on the point scale.  I didn't realize 20 million dollars earned you a level 22 and a $75,000 fine.  I believe he is much higher than that but that is what negotiation will knock down also.

fine table: http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/guidelines-manual/2012/manual-pdf/Fine_Table.pdf

fraud sentencing guidelines:  https://www.whitecollarcrimeresources.com/federal-fraud-sentencing-guidelines.html

sentencing table: http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/guidelines-manual/2012/manual-pdf/Sentencing_Table.pdf

btw, level 22 gets you 41 years for a first offense.   I am still very skeptical though.

Why else would he plead?

Grin Grin Grin )
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:54:26 AM

heck even 1/2 that and ill be doing a happy dance. and i was never sucked into any of that gaw stuff. ill just dance on general principles.
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:14:55 PM

-snip-

-snip-

Table says months.
truckinusa

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:41:37 PM

-snip-

-snip-

btw, level 22 gets you 41 years for a first offense.   I am still very skeptical though.

Table says months.
Oops, makes more sense now.  I would bet he has 40 points or so when this is all said and done.  Federal time is like 80-90% of your sentence too.  There is no reduction of sentence.

▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:52:25 PM

Good observations.

Because he worked with Mordica AFTER it was revealed that the data center he managed didn't have any hashlets orpay their electric bill.

Because not suing a guy who is pleading guilty to robbing them might be even dumber than believing that guy would pay $20 per coin
truckinusa

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:59:07 PM

Good observations.

Because he worked with Mordica AFTER it was revealed that the data center he managed didn't have any hashlets orpay their electric bill.

Because not suing a guy who is pleading guilty to robbing them might be even dumber than believing that guy would pay $20 per coin
Mordica posed in a non-functioning data center.  Isn't that enough to constitute a crime?  What about his business manager too like the one that handled the books?  I wonder if the SEC is missing out on some other criminals?

▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 04:20:08 PM

Mordica posed in a non-functioning data center.  Isn't that enough to constitute a crime?  What about his business manager too like the one that handled the books?  I wonder if the SEC is missing out on some other criminals?

Some of the cohorts may have rolled on Garza in exchange for their own plea deals.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:17:28 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 05:01:10 AM by RoomBot

Mordica posed in a non-functioning data center.  Isn't that enough to constitute a crime?  What about his business manager too like the one that handled the books?  I wonder if the SEC is missing out on some other criminals?

Some of the cohorts may have rolled on Garza in exchange for their own plea deals.

Joe ("Fake GAW DC") Mordica, "IONomy Father" Adam Matlack and "Stock Photo Model" GAWSUIT Allen are all business partners.

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:48:20 AM

woohh ...shit just got interesting!....                                                                  

yo homero... 
3 hots and a cot... comin soon!

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
truckinusa

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:11:17 AM

Are they reading Bitcointalk?  They are asking about Eric Capuano in this article.  Interesting.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/josh-garza-finally-pleads-guilty-to-fraud/

▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
Pages: « 1 ... 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 [2356] 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: