Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:56:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436044 times)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:00:49 PM

From what I understand(it's written in the OP) is that it's going to function like kazaa and not like a regular torrent client where users need to visit a tracker to find(browse) the torrent file they are looking for to download, where you have known/registered uploaders that contribute legit content to the tracker.
My question is, how VTR is going to handle the lack of legit and popular content constantly provided by large uploaders ?

Also, part of the torrent user experience is the ability to browse the tracker for new(and legit) content , if this client is going to function like Kazaa, there will be no such experience. That is major functionality when it comes to finding content to download and watch/use.  Undecided

Anyone else is building a fax machine for two years that uses a blockchain?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:19:10 PM

From what I understand(it's written in the OP) is that it's going to function like kazaa and not like a regular torrent client where users need to visit a tracker to find(browse) the torrent file they are looking for to download, where you have known/registered uploaders that contribute legit content to the tracker.
My question is, how VTR is going to handle the lack of legit and popular content constantly provided by large uploaders ?

Also, part of the torrent user experience is the ability to browse the tracker for new(and legit) content , if this client is going to function like Kazaa, there will be no such experience. That is major functionality when it comes to finding content to download and watch/use.  Undecided

JoyStream.

My guess is they raised about $1m from VCs.

Do you know more than venture capital people that spend that sort of money?

Why don't you head over to the JoyStream reddit and post there?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:33:11 PM

Also, part of the torrent user experience is the ability to browse the tracker for new(and legit) content , if this client is going to function like Kazaa, there will be no such experience. That is major functionality when it comes to finding content to download and watch/use.
 Undecided

JoyStream.

My guess is they raised about $1m from VCs.

Do you know more than venture capital people that spend that sort of money?

Why don't you head over to the JoyStream reddit and post there?

Let me just highlight my concerns over VTR for you..  look up^

btw, joystream uses bitcoin, thats a fucking big plus.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:39:50 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 07:59:40 PM by coins101

btw, joystream uses bitcoin, thats a fucking big plus.

A big plus for who? Their venture capital investors? Why don't you go and knock on their door and ask to invest in their company and get some shares?

No. Wait. If you stick around long enough, they will have an IPO and you can buy shares on the stock exchange.

You know Bitcoin is not private right? If you make a transaction that exposes your IP address, you know your Bitcoins can be traced forever more? Right?

So JoyStream has this great idea to go and get VC funding (so you're just a regular customer); uses Bitcoin so you're being tracked; it will allow you to share...let me think for a minute..fuck all worth sharing....and you'll be in a database of users matched against IP with Bitcoin addresses.

I really don't hear you complaining that they have not yet released anything either. One rule for them...one rule for somewhere where you can post without fear of moderation.

So, feel free to go join the JoyStream sub-reddit.

That's the thing about market based anything...if you don't like something, you can fuck off somewhere else.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:46:42 PM

....this bit is bollocks....moving on to feature request.....

Also, part of the torrent user experience is the ability to browse the tracker for new(and legit) content , if this client is going to function like Kazaa, there will be no such experience. That is major functionality when it comes to finding content to download and watch/use.[/b]

Dear ik_do,

Thank you for your suggestion, inbuilt data folder selection will be include in the next few releases (if not this coming release).

if anyone have any suggestion especially on torrent implementation please do not hesitate to share it here or PM.

Regards,

vTorrent

Just make feature requests, as suggested by the devs.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:27:12 PM

To troll or not to troll? That is the question.

All i'm going to say is the proof is in the pudding.

Wait for the code, see the what the devs bring to the table. Only two weeks to see the first instalment. Given the devs history of bringing a worlds first, I suspect it's going to be good.

All you negative posters can go fuck them selves.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:00:50 PM

To troll or not to troll? That is the question.

All i'm going to say is the proof is in the pudding.

Wait for the code, see the what the devs bring to the table. Only two weeks to see the first instalment. Given the devs history of bringing a worlds first, I suspect it's going to be good.

All you negative posters can go fuck them selves.

Just to be clear

If anyone has any constructive criticism, bugs they want to expose, concerns, etc.

No issues with that at all. These sorts of comments make projects stronger. Post away.

If you're just interested in being mischievous; malicious; you're basically promoting some shit that's got a 20% pre-mine, plus it has an ICO and it has a moderated thread; or you just want to be fucking rude because you're bored / have no friends etc and feel you can be a twat because you're on the internet. That's basically trolling. Expect push back.
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:06:08 PM

Hard fork guess: 12/31/16 6:43 PM

hard fork, 12/30/16 8:07 PM

Hard fork, 12/30/16 2:22 PM  Chain has been speeding up Tongue
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:42:52 PM

Can someone please ban duke? Go shit in someone elses parade.  

We've been told that big changes are coming just two weeks away. Wait two weeks. Two! Fucking! Weeks!

Unless you can prove any of these allegations. Just shut the fuck up! Nobody wamts to hear your fud!

600+ alt coins and they all have one thing in common. People just like duke calling the masses bag holders and idiots for believing in a project.

I like this project. I have faith in it. It's been doing great over the last two months.

I don't care if your feelings are hurt, go fuck off!

fyi my allegations are valid given the full source code for the windows wallet on the releases isn't public, keep plugging your ears screaming lalala until dev sticks a virus in there and says hey new release everyone make sure you update! Cheesy

"allegations"

Its already been well discussed that not only will 2FA remain closed source, but the torrent features will be closed source upon release.

Hardly groundbreaking information.

Please go read the other 147 pages before you try to act like you've discovered some fantastic new information that everyone hadn't already discussed a long time ago.

lmao alright let me just run this shady ass program for torrenting and downloading copyrighted things, cracks, etc. that's CLOSED SOURCE... yup absolutely no worries or threat there! can't POSSIBLY see how that could go wrong. Oh... what's this undetected root kit I have?

People from purevidz coming and spamming here. 8 btc collected is a joke for purevidz and a small target of 50btc is also a concern. Nobody wants to invest in scams.

VTR did not have an ICO and the dev keeps posting periodically updating us of things coming. You want it open source so you can copy it for your scammy coins and nothing else. Dev has no obligation to open source it until he is ready and knows there is a headstart to all you scammers. If you are not happy with it being closed source then go and sit in your pure vidz scam thread do not spoil this thread.

instead of bringing up pure vidz which I haven't in any of my posts addressing the issue of being closed source how about you address the fact you're running a shady piece of software that's closed source for pirating copyrighted material and/or other things but not only that it's suppose to manage your money/assets (VTR), lol...

nice red herring

So JoyStream has this great idea to go and get VC funding (so you're just a regular customer); uses Bitcoin so you're being tracked; it will allow you to share...let me think for a minute..fuck all worth sharing....and you'll be in a database of users matched against IP with Bitcoin addresses.

just wanted to point out the double standard here, u have this problem with joy stream but for all you know the next time VTR puts out a closed source release it's coming with a root kit and you'll have a lot more to worry about then shit you just listed... now while this likely won't happen the fact remains that it's a very valid reality given the nature of the project

users should NOT have to blindly trust the dev and run code they can't audit themselves

but it's ok I understand you stick your head in the sand because you're in so deep you've gotta protect your investment, just say it's so and call it for what it is Smiley
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:52:03 PM

Can someone please ban duke? Go shit in someone elses parade. 

We've been told that big changes are coming just two weeks away. Wait two weeks. Two! Fucking! Weeks!

Unless you can prove any of these allegations. Just shut the fuck up! Nobody wamts to hear your fud!

600+ alt coins and they all have one thing in common. People just like duke calling the masses bag holders and idiots for believing in a project.

I like this project. I have faith in it. It's been doing great over the last two months.

I don't care if your feelings are hurt, go fuck off!

fyi my allegations are valid given the full source code for the windows wallet on the releases isn't public, keep plugging your ears screaming lalala until dev sticks a virus in there and says hey new release everyone make sure you update! Cheesy

"allegations"

Its already been well discussed that not only will 2FA remain closed source, but the torrent features will be closed source upon release.

Hardly groundbreaking information.

Please go read the other 147 pages before you try to act like you've discovered some fantastic new information that everyone hadn't already discussed a long time ago.

lmao alright let me just run this shady ass program for torrenting and downloading copyrighted things, cracks, etc. that's CLOSED SOURCE... yup absolutely no worries or threat there! can't POSSIBLY see how that could go wrong. Oh... what's this undetected root kit I have?

People from purevidz coming and spamming here. 8 btc collected is a joke for purevidz and a small target of 50btc is also a concern. Nobody wants to invest in scams.

VTR did not have an ICO and the dev keeps posting periodically updating us of things coming. You want it open source so you can copy it for your scammy coins and nothing else. Dev has no obligation to open source it until he is ready and knows there is a headstart to all you scammers. If you are not happy with it being closed source then go and sit in your pure vidz scam thread do not spoil this thread.

instead of bringing up pure vidz which I haven't in any of my posts addressing the issue of being closed source how about you address the fact you're running a shady piece of software that's closed source for pirating copyrighted material and/or other things but not only that it's suppose to manage your money/assets (VTR), lol...

nice red herring

Sure i will bring up closed source..developers who do not want their work to be forked and copied are working closed source. There is nothing wrong in it and there are many other coins doing it. IOC for one.

When time is right and the dev is comfortable making it open source he shall. Until then asking for open source and making it sound like its a scam doesnt help.

The dev has been around for 2 years and has been giving updates to the community.  Most of the long term holders and big wallets here are happy with this approach.

Blockchain technology
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:21:48 AM

I invested in a web site that has a 20% premine, is asking for IOC money, will be buying back coins to support the price, asks people to register on their shady website and operates a moderated thread so everyone sounds like it's all cool in the hood - and I'm cool in the hood with that because I know what I'm talking about.

I have nothing but respect for your 'investment' pics.

Thanks for sharing.

AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:41:16 AM

for all you know the next time VTR puts out a closed source release it's coming with a root kit

There are plenty of scams around this forum. But typically if the devs are going to load a virus into their clients, those devs don't tend to wait 2 years. They will pump their project for a few months, at the most, and then try something.

In most cases, devs play around with the pre-mine. Anything over 5% is a red flag. 20% smells of a rat.

If vtorrent devs were to try something now or during the next few hard forks, they would be just about the most patient crypto scammers around, which doesn't fly, IMO.

Plenty of people have looked at the Core client code which is open source and found nothing. Keeping back some unique features for a temporary period is perfectly ok.

You'll have to troll a lot harder because you haven't really got much to play with. But if you're that concerned, report the dev to the mods.
dukeneptun
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:15:15 AM

for all you know the next time VTR puts out a closed source release it's coming with a root kit

There are plenty of scams around this forum. But typically if the devs are going to load a virus into their clients, those devs don't tend to wait 2 years. They will pump their project for a few months, at the most, and then try something.

In most cases, devs play around with the pre-mine. Anything over 5% is a red flag. 20% smells of a rat.

If vtorrent devs were to try something now or during the next few hard forks, they would be just about the most patient crypto scammers around, which doesn't fly, IMO.

Plenty of people have looked at the Core client code which is open source and found nothing. Keeping back some unique features for a temporary period is perfectly ok.

You'll have to troll a lot harder because you haven't really got much to play with. But if you're that concerned, report the dev to the mods.

I'm not sure how I'm trolling but it's ok, I understand you like many on bitcointalk are programming illiterate and only care about reaping the fruits of roi or using the technology itself rather than the risks you put yourself at by using it. It doesn't matter if the core code has been audited because if I want to use a wallet with two factor, that means I need to run an executable that I can't personally audit myself and that spells trouble in plenty of ways.

The dev not being malicious of the bat isn't a good argument either. How does it not make sense that for example you build up a credible rep over x years simply to then sabotage it. The same thing happened on these forums when a well known escrow sold his account years back and plenty of people then suffered scam losses because of this or did you forget that?

I invested in a web site that has a 20% premine, is asking for IOC money, will be buying back coins to support the price, asks people to register on their shady website and operates a moderated thread so everyone sounds like it's all cool in the hood - and I'm cool in the hood with that because I know what I'm talking about.

I have nothing but respect for your 'investment' pics.

Thanks for sharing.

Sure let's talk pure vidz since u guys seem to want to jump on that topic even though it holds no relevance to the dangers of running closed source software intended to manage a financial asset.

How is their website shady? You don't need to download anything. I don't need to download the wallet, invest or register to use their software or product, it's all free. BUT more important, it's a fucking website not a program i'm running on my computer so there's no real risk in me using it to stream content that i'm not downloading hence I don't need to audit shit to know it's safe. There are websites you can use that archive bitcoin talk and since I have invested in pure vidz I definitely keep an eye on that thread quite often like others, an i haven't seen anything deleted. Perhaps there's something i over looked but there's been no major censorship, please if there has been bring it to the other investors attentions, make an unmoderated thread and post the screenshots of these deleted posts so we can all do our due dilligence

if pure vidz releases a wallet and says sorry guys it's closed source don't doubt for a minute i won't call them out on that shit either

but like i said though, continue ducking your head in the sand to protect your investment, just don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:34:42 AM

Only two weeks till the first fork, it will be interesting to see what the dev brings to the table, and also interesting to see how the market reacts.

Anyone have speculations for price?

Last update there was a brief buy up and then it dumped to oblivion lol.

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:24:58 AM

Only two weeks till the first fork, it will be interesting to see what the dev brings to the table, and also interesting to see how the market reacts.

Anyone have speculations for price?

Last update there was a brief buy up and then it dumped to oblivion lol.

It dumped because we were expecting the release of the torrent network, but we got 2FA instead.

This time we know the the big release isn't due, so anything we get is gravy Smiley

As for price, it's hard to say, we are currently still undervalued in my opinion, we should hit 10K to 12K sat if the first fork is good, if we get any worlds firsts the maybe even higher. Depends on what gets released.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:42:36 AM

Has the torrent function actually been worked in yet, as promised?
j4se

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:58:54 AM

Not yet - the Dev is still building the groundwork for the torrent functionality. I wouldn't expect full torrent functionality until the 2nd hard fork around February.

I'm guessing the release in the next week will have a number of "under the hood" changes and improvements.
dukeneptun
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:03:02 AM

via Imgflip Meme Generator
j4se

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:04:56 AM

Haha at least we don't have our heads up our asses like some other pure shitcoins.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:11:31 AM

Not yet - the Dev is still building the groundwork for the torrent functionality. I wouldn't expect full torrent functionality until the 2nd hard fork around February.

I'm guessing the release in the next week will have a number of "under the hood" changes and improvements.

yeah, pretty much gave up on this one a while back.  if it wasn't ready to deploy with at least a hint of the promised features then why post it, lol.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: