Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:14:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:11:04 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 09:29:29 AM by Gizfreak

Keep in mind that the 1% annually stake interest doesn't mean you get it on a daily basis.
I myself sometimes have to wait for a few days, but over a period of a year you will get your 1%.
That's my experience so far with PoS.

When the staking Android wallet will be released, I will be staking 24/7 with my Android TV device, that's for sure. Cool

Oh yeah, maybe I am a bit early, but nevertheless:

Happy Christmas everybody!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silavon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:40:23 AM

Hello everyone
What works David and BitBay team right now?
Thank you...
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:52:40 AM

Hello everyone
What works David and BitBay team right now?
Thank you...

No idea what is working them Cheesy
I hope for them that it are some asian masseuses, but I guess you want to know what they are working on.
Well afaik they are following the roadmap.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:00:47 PM

David can you update us how last week changed the roadmap?, is everything still in place and is there something we can do?

Cheerio

Yeah, my coders are switching to more simple tasks like getting Mac and Linux distributables. I'm now coding markets myself and may be streamlining the process directly to the decentralized model. And will be coding that.

A major update is coming soon on BlackHalo and BitHalo. So that will mean an update for BitBay too. This you can expect within a couple weeks.

The drama, the fact that nobody ever tried that hard to get me a staff (why would they when they were trying to screw everyone) has set me back a bit.

So, for now, i just code markets on my own. Its not a hard job. Pegging is more tricky because its a protocol change, its new mining rules and Bitcoin is a bit hard to follow business logic mixed with other logic. Regardless we will get er done be patient.

What can the community do?
Find me a coder who is not busy doing 100 things who knows assembly, c++, python, and has at least 10+ years experience who is not going to gouge us hard on the price. And he has to be fast worker too, no hour padding, no procrastination. I might want him on a BitHalo contract too just in case he procrastinates or lies about his credentials.

In other words right now, i benefit more from a super coder than from a group i have to teach.

I'm in negotiations with a couple groups in china or india but im not yet convinced its the best use of funds.

As for marketing, we dont have the product ready to market. It may be a premature use of funds. But Trello is a good place to organize. I can pay bounties for things that are sensible. I would love a project manager to step up and organize and handle all of that to make sure things get done.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:02:28 PM

David said he would add me on Trello to explain the mechanisms of Pegging.
Wonder if  he is still going to do that

Sorry i dont check this too much. Anyone who wants to be on Trello PM me your name there and i can add you. Even better to PM me on reddit. I try to read the messages when time permits  Wink
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:21:26 PM

Grabbed more Bay. Price looks so lucrative.  Tongue

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:23:57 PM

David said he would add me on Trello to explain the mechanisms of Pegging.
Wonder if  he is still going to do that

Sorry i dont check this too much. Anyone who wants to be on Trello PM me your name there and i can add you. Even better to PM me on reddit. I try to read the messages when time permits  Wink

Thanks . ill Pm you on reddit then
Here is what i found with regards to Pegging of Nubits
https://nubits.com/about/price-stability

Is it a similar plan for the Bay too ?
My understanding is that pegging and the marketplace together will ensure that there is continuous demand and supply for the coin .
Pegging it to a constant value (lets assume $1 for example) would make the total value only (1 Bill + 1% per year) USD .

My suggestion would be to continually raise the peg  once or twice a year thus increasing the total market cap and buying and selling of goods and services would increase too (in terms of total value exchanged)

My methods will differ a bit. They are strictly about deflation and inflation. Liquid and frozen coins move from one side to another depending on price. Walls are placed below the supply line. Not sure if i want a ceiling perhaps its not required. Videos covering it are on Trello. So PM me that too.
issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:31:43 PM

Just did another 4BTC:)
Bob cant stop me
j-bar

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:07:11 PM

@issie81

I don't post a lot (sort of a lurker), but made an account to support David. I thought I was doing well,but forget whale...... you are like a prehistoric Megalodon! Good prices at the moment though.
issie81

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:45:16 PM

Well price is cool and i have quite some coins.

I would also put focus Decentralized Marketplace rather then pegging, form investor standpoint pegging is a good way to protect them. It would even be better for me, since i own more then 6% of the whole coin supply, so make me rich and peg the thing. But i am not intrested in the money, not at this moment. We must first draw intrest to the coin and make people trade with it, when we up to attention this will also up the value of the coin since it definitly will up the demand for the coin meaning higher prices.

I am a investor but also my love for trading is really deep i want also be a part of an initiative that can change the way we life and trade, i have been trading since my 14th. I hope Bitbay will be an good adition and a very good alternative for eBay, don't forget marketcap eBay is set at 71Billion!! let say Bitbay does 10% of that meaning marketcap 7.1Billion meaning 1coin close to $7, but this is all wishfull thinking. I am not intrested in the price if the price will remain this low i will up my coin to 10% of total coin supply, i believe David has also 10% so we have atleast 16% wich are in good hands. I am also willing to put something up for marketing but that will be discussed when there is a product otherwise there is nothing to market for.

So to summerize it all focus should be the product Decentralized Marketplace, pegging is good idea but not so good idea if the coin is not known enough. I hope David shares the same vision, regardless what he does i will support the path he chooses, but off course i am free to speak out my mind. I also wish everyone happy holidays enjoy your time with family and friends, don't forget we have a winner in our hands.

waxo

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:51:50 PM

David can you update us how last week changed the roadmap?, is everything still in place and is there something we can do?

Cheerio

Yeah, my coders are switching to more simple tasks like getting Mac and Linux distributables. I'm now coding markets myself and may be streamlining the process directly to the decentralized model. And will be coding that.

A major update is coming soon on BlackHalo and BitHalo. So that will mean an update for BitBay too. This you can expect within a couple weeks.

The drama, the fact that nobody ever tried that hard to get me a staff (why would they when they were trying to screw everyone) has set me back a bit.

So, for now, i just code markets on my own. Its not a hard job. Pegging is more tricky because its a protocol change, its new mining rules and Bitcoin is a bit hard to follow business logic mixed with other logic. Regardless we will get er done be patient.

Find me a coder who is not busy doing 100 things who knows assembly, c++, python, and has at least 10+ years experience who is not going to gouge us hard on the price. And he has to be fast worker too, no hour padding, no procrastination. I might want him on a BitHalo contract too just in case he procrastinates or lies about his credentials.

In other words right now, i benefit more from a super coder than from a group i have to teach.

I'm in negotiations with a couple groups in china or india but im not yet convinced its the best use of funds.

As for marketing, we dont have the product ready to market. It may be a premature use of funds. But Trello is a good place to organize. I can pay bounties for things that are sensible. I would love a project manager to step up and organize and handle all of that to make sure things get done.

You can get the best of the best  Dev in India for a salary of 2500$....
With all the BTC from ico ( don't know how left ) this is peanuts....
i have some serious friends how are very good dev can you send me By MP the details ?

JackTheShipper

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:52:55 PM

Issie I really like you, happy holidays to you as well sir! Smiley I'll hold some bay in good hands too!
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:04:09 PM

Cheerio

You can get the best of the best  Dev in India for a salary of 2500$....
With all the BTC from ico ( don't know how left ) this is peanuts....
i have some serious friends how are very good dev can you send me By MP the details ?

Hey if you are serious about this PM me, I could use the help interviewing and finding one. I'm not able to find that quality where im located.
neo1947

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:12:58 PM

just grabbed some more Bay,sweet! Grin
Overed

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:18:19 PM

Come on David, bring the good news and the new tech  Grin
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:06:47 PM

Come on David, bring the good news and the new tech  Grin

Wait 3 weeks.

You can't code stuff in a few hours (specially when spending half the time on here).
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:32:52 AM

If he can get the marketplace done before open bizzare is launched it could be huge and attract lots of media attention and investors & users/adopters
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:58:48 AM

If he can get the marketplace done before open bizzare is launched it could be huge and attract lots of media attention and investors & users/adopters

will keep that in mind but you know, considering the delay im also trying to reorganized.
issie81

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:25:02 AM

will keep that in mind but you know, considering the delay im also trying to reorganized.

you do what you need to do David, just follow your own instinct and everything will be okey. Also i urge people not to post every day when the Marketplace, give David some room and energy to work on his Masterpiece, i assume we will all have a better picture by end of January, up until then we should not bother him. We can share visions iDeas but we must also be realistic, the question is, are you patient enough to be rewarded very very good?, i am very patient:) good things will happen..
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 10:36:51 AM

Small new article to keep the topic of BitBay in the news (in a positive manner) can be found here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: