Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:34:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive SpondooliesTech SP35 Setup [HD]  (Read 16119 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 09:32:17 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 07:42:10 AM by dogie

Dogie's Miner Setup Guides:
    ASICMiner Blade
ASICMiner Cube
ASICMiner Tube
ASICMiner Prisma
Avalon Avalon2
Avalon Avalon3
Avalon Avalon4
Avalon Avalon6
SpondooliesTech SP10
SpondooliesTech SP20
SpondooliesTech SP30
SpondooliesTech SP35
Technobit HEX16B
Technobit HEX8A1
Technobit HEX4M
Technobit 2HEX4M
KNCMiner Saturn/Jupiter
Bitmain AntMiner S1
Bitmain AntMiner S2
Bitmain AntMiner S3
Bitmain AntMiner S4
Bitmain AntMiner S4+
Bitmain AntMiner S5
Bitmain AntMiner S7
Bitmain AntMiner C1
Bitmain AntMiner U3
RockMiner R-Box
RockMiner New R-Box
RockMiner R3-Box
RockMiner T1
HashCoins Apollo
HashCoins Ares
NonceTech Sampo
Yiazo YBF
BTCGarden AMV1
Bitmine Coincraft Desk V2
HashRatio Tsunami
XBTech Pacific 1250
BitCrane T-110
Black Arrow Prospero X1
AMT 1.25TH
C-Scape HexFury USB
C-Scape BiFury USB
MoonlightMiner NanoFury II USB
    Gigampz PSU breakout board

Guide meta thread
    DefaultTrust Visualisation
    Power Supply analysis guide
    Manufacturer trustworthiness guide
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nicely formatted version available at dogiecoin.com!

Contents:
0a) What to Expect
0b) What You Need
1) Powering
2) Cooling
3) Case
4) Configuration
5) Troubleshooting

0a) What to Expect (top)
SpondooliesTech's SP35 brings a number of improvements to the already exceptional high density hashing power of the SP35. It utilises 30 of their revised
28nm RockerBox ASICs to increase hashrate up to 5500GH. The same internal layout and case is used in combination with two improved 1600W power
supplies. Mounting brackets and two C13-C14 cables are included for those running PDUs and a custom controller is included internally.

Chips30x 28nm SpondooliesTech RockerBox
Hashrate~5500GH
Rated Voltage12V
Rated Current270A
Power.Consumption~3600W

0b) What You Need (top)
You will need a few accessories to get started (if you are not using a C13 PDU).

Click your flag to find everything you need to get started at Amazon!             

1) Powering (top)
SP35s come with 2x Artesyn DS1600SPE-3 server PSUs. This means you can NOT replace them with a conventional PSU should they fail. Both come in a
1U formfactor, are rated for 1600W and are 92%+ efficient. SP35s are not suitable for use at less than 210V and have C14 inputs.

2) Cooling (top)
Four 80mm fans are used in a negative pressure tunnel arrangement in order to exhaust hot air and replace it with cool, fresh air in one sweep. The
topside of the chips are cooled by custom aluminium finned heatsinks, individually fastened through the PCBs.

Noise levels at ~4.2TH or lower are exceptional for the size of the machine and the hash rate density employed. The units fans are acceptably loud up to
about 60% before they become troublesome for home use. Above 4.2TH, the PSUs' fans begin to ramp up to their maximum RPM more and more often,
which creates noise far exceeding that of the unit itself. Additionally, the noise is very high pitched and pierces walls and floors due to the small size of the
40mm fans.

Its a testament to the quality of the design that when using the unit at these reduced speeds that it is quieter and significantly less annoying than an
under-clocked SP20 and is virtually inaudible next to an AntMiner S4.

3) Case (top)
The SP35's case is 2U thick (88.9mm) and is designed to be rack-mountable in a 19" wide rack (482.6mm), or stacked. Mounting ears are included and
come screwed in from the factory. The design time spent on the case gives it a unique feeling in the industry, as if the first version was made 10 years
ago and revised over time.

The shipped weight of a SP35 is 19.8kg and dimensions of the shipping box are 730 x 565 x 165mm. An unpacked SP35 weights 15.8kg and dimensions of
the case are 560 x 440 x 90mm.

Click here to see a 360 degree view!

4) Configuration (top)
Configuration is extremely simple due to the on-board controller and web interface.

Wiring:
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the SP35 to your router.
  • Plug in two power cables from the mains to your PSUs. The unit will auto turn on.

Configuration:
  • Using a browser, navigate to http://start.spondoolies-tech.com/ and click "Go to miner".
  • Login using "admin" as the username and password.
  • Navigate to "Pools", enter miner information in the below format click save.
  • Navigate to "Settings" and change clock mode as desired. Use basic voltage settings unless you know what you are doing.

Antpool Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum.antpool.com:3333
User    : username.worker or username_worker - auto creates workers!
Password: anypassword
BTCGuild Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum.btcguild.com:3333
User    : username_worker
GHash IO Register!
Code:
Servers : us1.ghash.io:3333
User    : username.worker  - auto creates workers!

5) Troubleshooting (top)
TBD as problems arise.

Legal disclaimer: This information is for general guidance and does not constitute expert advice. We are not responsible if you, your property or a third
party is injured or damaged as a result of any interaction with this information, and no warranty is provided. All text and images are covered by copyright.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:26:36 PM

Love the 360 beautiful pictures.
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:02:31 AM

Again chipped chip, on the other diagonal than the mounting diagonal. Is it hasing at full speed?

Damn build quality! solid caps like EVGA...
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:26:39 AM

Again chipped chip, on the other diagonal than the mounting diagonal. Is it hasing at full speed?

Damn build quality! solid caps like EVGA...

I took that one off as the heatsink was already shifting around a bit, good spot on the damage I hadn't seen it. Looking at the ASIC stats thats also the chip reporting perma overheating, so the answer is probably not. The reseating is straight forward due to the type of screw arrangement (sets height and torque) so it may be due to that damage. Its still hashing but is forced by the software to run slow.

Hasn't made a different to the overall hash rate as there's plenty of headroom though.

Speedster1978

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:30:55 AM

What would be the reason to go with this if you can get 3 SP20s, just under the same hash rate, for almost half the price right now?

I'm debating to get one of these for home, but the current pricing makes it around $800 more then 3 SP20s if I was to buy from the Group Buy...

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 03:50:06 AM

What would be the reason to go with this if you can get 3 SP20s, just under the same hash rate, for almost half the price right now?

I'm debating to get one of these for home, but the current pricing makes it around $800 more then 3 SP20s if I was to buy from the Group Buy...

Density, includes $800 of PSUs, slightly better efficiency, better ambient temperature response, no MOQ and extremely low noise levels (if you can feed it low ambient or underclock a bit).

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:53:50 AM

Question about setup: when configuring this unit, is it possible to power it up using a single 120V/12A circuit?

As long as it isn't hashing, it shouldn't draw much power when turned on. So I'm hoping it can power up enough to access to its web interface prior to actually hashing.

I ask because I don't have 220V at home, but I'd like to configure these prior to deploying them at a hosting facility. So it would be ideal if these things can be powerd up and configured at 120V/12A prior to actually beginning to hash.

Anyone have experience with this?
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:03:09 AM

Input Rating  200 - 240 VAC http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp35-yukon-power-november-batch-1
As u can see the psu's are not for 110v
SP30 and SP31 do have psu's that accept 110v, SP35 does not!
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:04:04 PM

Question about setup: when configuring this unit, is it possible to power it up using a single 120V/12A circuit?

As long as it isn't hashing, it shouldn't draw much power when turned on. So I'm hoping it can power up enough to access to its web interface prior to actually hashing.

I ask because I don't have 220V at home, but I'd like to configure these prior to deploying them at a hosting facility. So it would be ideal if these things can be powerd up and configured at 120V/12A prior to actually beginning to hash.

Anyone have experience with this?

Unless you have 240V at the hosting facility I'd suggest the SP31 the power usage of the SP35 doesn't really justify the extra 500GH of output and you won't reach maximum output at 200-220V it will really need 240V to achieve close to the advertised speed.

The +/- 10% is in the specs for a reason. To manage expecation Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Epoch
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:36:48 PM

There seems to be some conflicting information here. If the PSU's are Artesyn DS1600SPE-3, then they can operate on 120V according to that datasheet; they'll just limit themselves to 800W.

Of course that's not enough for hashing, but shouldn't it be sufficient to boot up the controller and web interface? That's what I'm trying to find out: can I power the SP35 on 120V just to configure the pools (no hashing), and then plug it into 220V when ready to mine?
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 08:45:29 PM

There seems to be some conflicting information here. If the PSU's are Artesyn DS1600SPE-3, then they can operate on 120V according to that datasheet; they'll just limit themselves to 800W.

Of course that's not enough for hashing, but shouldn't it be sufficient to boot up the controller and web interface? That's what I'm trying to find out: can I power the SP35 on 120V just to configure the pools (no hashing), and then plug it into 220V when ready to mine?
That's correct, 800W

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Epoch
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:44:13 AM

That's correct, 800W
So, just to confirm, will the SP35 boot up at 120V and allow one to change settings (such as pool information) on its web interface? Assume it is not hashing (e.g. not connected to the internet).

If the answer is "yes", can you provide an estimate of the SP35's power draw while in its idle (i.e. non-hashing) state? Again, thanks in advance.
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 05:46:15 AM

That's correct, 800W
So, just to confirm, will the SP35 boot up at 120V and allow one to change settings (such as pool information) on its web interface? Assume it is not hashing (e.g. not connected to the internet).

If the answer is "yes", can you provide an estimate of the SP35's power draw while in its idle (i.e. non-hashing) state? Again, thanks in advance.

Yes, we'll check power draw on Sunday.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Epoch
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:44:30 AM

That's correct, 800W

Any update on this?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 11:24:51 AM

Any update on this?

I've poked him, should be along shortly.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 11:27:55 AM

That's correct, 800W

Any update on this?
No problem powering the SP35 at 120VAC.
No problem hashing at that voltage as well but performance will be low due to the 800W limitation.

This was tested (for example, FCC tests were done on 120VAC and 800W).

When not hashing power consumption is very low. the management board consumes less than 10W and the fans can consume up to 65W if running @100%. Fans will only run at this speed until SW is loaded. At this point SW will reduce fan speed and fans consumption will drop to few watts.

Epoch
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:52:38 PM

Excellent, thank you.
Epoch
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:32:31 AM

Can anyone provide a table or graph of how 'ASIC Voltage Limit' affects power draw and hashrate of the SP35 (the SP31 numbers will do as well)? Spondoolies, do you have that data available?

That would help owners determine the best settings to maximize profit. Those with high electricity costs may find that undervolting provides the highest net profit in today's mining environment.

For example, here are some values I measured for an SP20:

1315GH/s
maximum voltage limit: 0.67V
power: 765W

1250GH
max: 0.66
power: 695W

1200GH
max: 0.65
power: 640W

1137GH
max: 0.64
power: 577W

1085GH
max: 0.63
power: 534W
b1naryn1ghtmar3

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:10:15 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 11:32:39 AM by b1naryn1ghtmar3

ok, i have a VERY serious question here... i have 22 SP35s and i would like to know how much heat would they all give off so i can figure out what kind of cooling i would need. also, anyone know of any good towers? i would like to set like 3 or 4 of these per tower at minimum. also would 1GBPS fiber lines work for this amount of miners? if so, know of any good hubs? i want to be able to set these up soon and have 20k left to spend on everything to get these running... im making a price shopping list Smiley

please reply to this or message me if you can help
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:50:41 AM

ok, i have a VERY serious question here... i have 22 SP35s and i would like to know how much heat would they all give off so i can figure out what kind of cooling i would need. also, anyone know of any good towers? i would like to set like 3 or 4 of these per tower at minimum. also would 1GBPS fiber lines work for this amount of miners? if so, know of any good hubs? i want to be able to set these up soon and have 20k left to spend on everything to get these running... im making a price shopping list Smiley

please reply to this or message me if you can help

Cooling kinda depends on what they are in as far as placement I'm unsure what ambiant conditions, place, if evap cooling is possible etc. 

On "towers" if you mean a server rack I would save the money and use something else, unless you find a good deal used.  Just can save a lot of money there.  On internet as long as it is constant yes they do not take much internet speed just needs to be reliable (IE no dropping packets, no downtime, etc).

Hubs again I would see what you can get used if your talking 22 miners that is quite a hub.  If you can find used again save good amount of money.

One thing you don't mention is wiring and PDU's.   Make sure to save money for this.  Also make sure you have enough power 22 sp35's is a LOT of power.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: