Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:53:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin debit card  (Read 293828 times)
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6105

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:49:49 AM

I received an email saying this :

Do you have funds just sitting in your PayPal? Use them to buy bitcoin! We are happy to announce the ability to buy bitcoin with PayPal for users in 37 countries including Chile, Estonia, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Malaysia, Morocco, Philippines, Turkey and dozens more. Click here for a full list of supported countries and a tutorial of how to buy bitcoin with PayPal.

Now I'm from Algeria as I said before but I have and I use your virtual card , I'm going to be able to buy using Paypal or not ? I mean does this service read our IP addresses or something or he read the country on our Paypal accounts ?

Hello,
Well, nothing is reading your IP address. However PayPal is checking your billing address - if it does not like it, you will not be able to link your card. + as far as I know PayPal in Algeria has some limitations which make usage of our card impossible. Though I do not know this for sure, you can double-check this with their support.

I was able to link without any issues (I used it when It was visa) , I'm just asking about your new feature that allow us to buy Bitcoin using Paypal ? do they read my IP to know where I'am ? because the email I received says it's only available in few countries .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wirex-E-Coin

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 11:42:19 AM

I received an email saying this :

Do you have funds just sitting in your PayPal? Use them to buy bitcoin! We are happy to announce the ability to buy bitcoin with PayPal for users in 37 countries including Chile, Estonia, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Malaysia, Morocco, Philippines, Turkey and dozens more. Click here for a full list of supported countries and a tutorial of how to buy bitcoin with PayPal.

Now I'm from Algeria as I said before but I have and I use your virtual card , I'm going to be able to buy using Paypal or not ? I mean does this service read our IP addresses or something or he read the country on our Paypal accounts ?

Hello,
Well, nothing is reading your IP address. However PayPal is checking your billing address - if it does not like it, you will not be able to link your card. + as far as I know PayPal in Algeria has some limitations which make usage of our card impossible. Though I do not know this for sure, you can double-check this with their support.

I was able to link without any issues (I used it when It was visa) , I'm just asking about your new feature that allow us to buy Bitcoin using Paypal ? do they read my IP to know where I'am ? because the email I received says it's only available in few countries .

This is not exactly a new feature. New feature is to buy bitcoins with your card.
Consequently, if you can load your card with PayPal - you can buy bitcoins with PayPal. If you already have the card and it is linked to PayPal - nothing could stop you (:

We do not perform any additional IP checks. So no worries about that.

The list of countries contains countries we know for sure accept our card. That's it. It is not the limitation, and most likely more countries support E-Coin card. We just did not want to set false expectations and tell that you can buy bitcoins with PayPal all over the world (because not everywhere our card is accepted).

Lana,
Customer Service at Wirex Limited
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 11:45:06 AM

I don;t think this was a good idea to put it up in public . Paypal has strict anti crypto policies, there is a good reason there is currently no other direct way except this for easy conversion. I know you might say it is not considered direct since it goes to card then to btc, but you know how they are a state of their own. I am affraid this will attract unnecessary heat and attention, they can simply block the issuing bank and all the cards. This would affect all the crypto card issuing websites, as all of them are using mychoice cards. You could of simply mailed the instructions, instead of puting it out in the public as that is strictly against all policies in effect on PP, and it can do more harm then good.

Well, perhaps. Though it seems PayPal has changed its veiws recently: http://www.coindesk.com/paypal-xapo-wences-board-directors/
Xapo is also a MyChoice client, so I'm pretty sure the guy will not let PayPal block his business.

Lana,
paysafecard.exchange

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:15:12 PM

Great Service!
jedaite

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:41:53 PM

I have a MC from E-coin in USD. Is it possible to load it from PayPal? Cause I can't seem to have the option to order a virtual visa card from E-coin.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:45:31 PM

I have a MC from E-coin in USD. Is it possible to load it from PayPal? Cause I can't seem to have the option to order a virtual visa card from E-coin.

When they first started , they was giving Visa cards which you could link with your Paypal account (and withdraw Paypal funds to the cards) But now they are only giving MasterCard which means .. NO you can't do that anymore . I feel lucky that I started using their services at the beginning.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 02:29:18 AM

Unfortunately, PayPal does not allow to withdraw funds to MasterCard.

We hope we will be able to offer two cards in each currency for our clients: one virtual and one plastic. However, it is still not settled, but we have such idea.

Lana,
FundsMoney

Activity: 363

BTC will change the world

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:26:18 AM

Does the card's billing address need to be same as my paypal account's?
I know this issue is related mostly to PP than Wirex, but I guess you could help me with this...

I linked a card recently but the addresses are not the same and now PP won't let me withdraw (I always get Internal Server Error, but only when I choose to WD to the e-coin visa, not my personal card).

Any workarounds?
If I order another virtual and link it, would I have better chances?

-- if you want this space, PM me --
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:58:51 AM

Does the card's billing address need to be same as my paypal account's?
I know this issue is related mostly to PP than Wirex, but I guess you could help me with this...

I linked a card recently but the addresses are not the same and now PP won't let me withdraw (I always get Internal Server Error, but only when I choose to WD to the e-coin visa, not my personal card).

Any workarounds?
If I order another virtual and link it, would I have better chances?

Hello,

Unfortunately, I do not know for sure. I've heard our clients concerns about this situation (card's billing address is different from PayPal's), however I have never actually faced this to be the reason of PayPal refusal to send funds to the card (or clients did not share this).

I would actually recommend to ask PayPal support. It might be they do not like the card issuing bank being in Gibraltar, or the fact this is prepaid card (PayPal in different countries has different regulations about what cards to accept). Or something else.

If they confirm they do not like your card's billing address - we can update it. This is not a problem (you do not even need to order a new card). Just let support@e-coin.io know.

Lana,
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:00:05 AM

Just some advice to some people, these cards don't work on a few sites.
Here are a few that I know of.
- Western Union
- iTunes
- Google PLAY
- Vimeo
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:05:40 AM

Just some advice to some people, these cards don't work on a few sites.
Here are a few that I know of.
- Western Union
- iTunes
- Google PLAY
- Vimeo

Thank you for sharing.

Yes, WesternUnion confirmed they do not accept our cards (or prepaid cards w/out bank account in general).

Regarding Google Play - I have an open ticket with the bank right now - as Google Play is able to authorize funds on the card, and they claim the bank declines transaction. So I am checking with the bank why. I'll post an update here if it is somehow possible to use the card with them.

iTunes is very sensitive to the card's billing address, where it was issued and what country you are in, and what type of card you are using. Most likely they do not like the cards being issued by Gibraltar bank.

Also mind the card will not be accepted on sites which require 3D security (confirmation via SMS).

Lana,
Balle1912

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:58:49 PM

Trying to load my virtual card (GBP) and I get Service Unavailable - Try again later, but with no refID?
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 02:11:20 PM

Trying to load my virtual card (GBP) and I get Service Unavailable - Try again later, but with no refID?

We expect GBP settlement to arrive soon, and the card load will be back available. I am sorry about this inconvenience.

Lana,
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:25:27 PM

We expect GBP settlement to arrive soon, and the card load will be back available. I am sorry about this inconvenience.

I know I'm bothering you with my question's , but I want to know if your card works on DigitalOcean (hosting providers , take in consideration that I have the Visa) .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:29:20 PM

any idea how soon?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:43:59 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 02:58:56 PM by Zebedee23

trying to send my BTCs from E-coin to localbitcoins and now it wont let me select an address. When i click on select address it just shows me a tick and no addresses to choose from, have 2 in address book!!! So now cant load card or send the btcs somewhere else!!! wtf

edit: same on chrome & safari OSX but managed to transfer on IOS , not had this issue before though think only transfered once before.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:52:54 PM

any idea how soon?

Should be fixed now

Please try one more time

Lana,
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:55:08 PM

trying to send my BTCs from E-coin to localbitcoins and now it wont let me select an address. When i click on select address it just shows me a tick and no addresses to choose from, have 2 in address book!!! So now cant load card or send the btcs somewhere else!!! wtf

edit: same on chrome & safari OSX but managed to transfer on IOS , not had this issue before though think only transfered once before.

There is browser compatibility issue (devs are fixing right now).

I know for sure it works in FireFox 43.0.4, IE10, Chrome on win10 (with cleared cache), Safari on iOS7
Does not work in Opera, Chrome on win8 (apparently, on OSX as well), Safari iOS9 (and again on OSX), IE11, Edge.

Lana,
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:58:39 PM

I know I'm bothering you with my question's , but I want to know if your card works on DigitalOcean (hosting providers , take in consideration that I have the Visa) .

According to their Help, they seem not accept our card:
https://www.digitalocean.com/help/pricing-and-billing/general/

Do you accept virtual, electron, debit or prepaid credit cards?

We apologize for the inconvenience, but because we receive a large amount of fraudulent sign-ups we’ve had to restrict the use of virtual/electron and debit cards in some geographies. We made this decision after finding that up to 80% of abusive sign-ups used these types of cards. If you would like to pay with one of these cards, we recommend using the card to send a payment via PayPal.

Our card prepaid debit (Visa in your case) issued by Gibraltar bank. I am pretty sure they will not take our card (though "in some geographies" - might not be about our card. I would advise to contact their support and double-check.

Lana,
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 07:51:44 AM

Hi All,

A piece of info for those who is going to make a wire transfer from South Africa. Turned our our bank's account in ABSA bank is blocked (or something like that - in other words it is not working).
We have the ticket open with our bank and they investigate the matter.

I will post an update here once I have any further information.

In the meantime, if the transfer is urgent - you can use the bank in some other country (make international transfer), however mind the associated fees which your bank may have.

Lana,
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: