Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196150 times)
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:38:24 AM

Neither Jango nor Radioairplay are frontrunners in their field - Tunein and especially Pandora have 10x registered users and a greater number of unregistered users.

It looks like they've been editing the NeuCoin site and wikipedia a lot but one of their earliest claims was NeuCoin would have 1 million users within a year, when Bitcoin itself only has 100,000, according to the Federal Reserve, to 250,000, according to Jeffrey Robinson.  In other words Kaufman thinks he can attain 10x more users than BTC within 12 months (even though his current forum appears to be a ghost town).

Jango and Radioairplay together, if there is not an overlap in users, is only around 14 million freemium users (meaning at least 97%+ does not pay for anything) and if he can really get 8% of them to adopt NeuCoin then Daniel Kaufman is in the wrong business - he would be making $10s of millions doing seminars on freemium conversion because that accomplishment would be like selling ice to Eskimos or Oxygen to 1 billion people on earth.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
torrgeek

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 12:42:39 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 12:57:34 PM by torrgeek

Neither Jango nor Radioairplay are frontrunners in their field - Tunein and especially Pandora have 10x registered users and a greater number of unregistered users.

It looks like they've been editing the NeuCoin site and wikipedia a lot but one of their earliest claims was NeuCoin would have 1 million users within a year, when Bitcoin itself only has 100,000, according to the Federal Reserve, to 250,000, according to Jeffrey Robinson.  In other words Kaufman thinks he can attain 10x more users than BTC within 12 months (even though his current forum appears to be a ghost town).

Jango and Radioairplay together, if there is not an overlap in users, is only around 14 million freemium users (meaning at least 97%+ does not pay for anything) and if he can really get 8% of them to adopt NeuCoin then Daniel Kaufman is in the wrong business - he would be making $10s of millions doing seminars on freemium conversion because that accomplishment would be like selling ice to Eskimos or Oxygen to 1 billion people on earth.

As far as I know, Neucoin's plans involve developing partnerships with other existing websites. Jango and RadioAirplay are more to be used as Proof of Concept during the initial stages of the coin. They plan to use Jando and RadioAirplay more to test and optimize and iron our any initial bumps.

I think Neucoin is a fantastic experiment. Whether it succeeds or not is something else. Also, it is not very impractical to aim for 1 million users in 1 year. It is very possible for a new coin (whether neucoin can do this obviously remains to be seen) to gain that sort of a user base in mere weeks if the coolness and social factor really takes off. In these days of intense social engagement, 1 million users is mere pittance.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:03:40 PM

LOrreV - "The reason most of the coins being held by the foundations is to get the coin in the hands of many different types of people."

OK maybe, in theory. But its clearly open to abuse.
We have been told very little about the foundations structure. (A subject you could ask about nokoin forum about?)

We know at launch the nokoin "team" will be paid 200m nokoin for work done. Value at presale $2m or  8000btc (declared  as $1m)
We know the nokoin "team" have another 300m nokoin reserved for work done after launch. Value at presale $3m or 12000btc (declared as $2.25m)
We know that foundations will be under nokoin "team" control for years to come.
We know a large block of nokoin will be awarded to companies that help nokoin grow.
Starting with radioairplay owned by Dank aufman. Award value $? (undeclared)
and jango.com, founded by Dank aufman. Award value $? (undeclared)
Possibly many more "DanK" companies?
Possibly many more "team" companies?

Combine the obvious opportunity for fiscal abuse with an old boy network of scammers and thieves. I will be dumping my survey coins.

(Seriously, why not ask for some details on nokoin forum? Sandrine is hoping to launch in July. Also disproportionate staking rewards for larger holders, some figures please. Also some of Dartious Questions/concerns could be answered, unless it's just blind faith for you)

is the coins being held staked? then they might end up controlling even more..

yes
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:32:16 PM

LOrreV - "This is the reality of being an early investor in any normal company (not a crypto coin), the founders could just decide to run away with the cash. But you have to trade one risk for another."

It is not a "normal" start up risk to "invest" with known scammers and thieves.That is far beyond "normal" business risk. Known scammers and thieves are far more likely to run off with your money.

You have registered with nokoin forum yesterday, when will you ask some intelligent questions there. (As no dev ever comes here) Read this whole thread, then bring something new and factual to this forum other than supposition please.
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:01:58 PM

As far as I know, Neucoin's plans involve developing partnerships with other existing websites. Jango and RadioAirplay are more to be used as Proof of Concept during the initial stages of the coin. They plan to use Jando and RadioAirplay more to test and optimize and iron our any initial bumps.

I think Neucoin is a fantastic experiment. Whether it succeeds or not is something else. Also, it is not very impractical to aim for 1 million users in 1 year. It is very possible for a new coin (whether neucoin can do this obviously remains to be seen) to gain that sort of a user base in mere weeks if the coolness and social factor really takes off. In these days of intense social engagement, 1 million users is mere pittance.

Torrgeek on nokoin forum (one of few users left)

"Guys..just ignore gekko. Pls do not feed the troll."

"I'm thankful that gekko was banned. We don't want this forum degenerating into what bitcointalk is today with forum members calling each other names at the drop of a hat. I've stopped visiting BCT these days due to how childish and senseless that forum has become. All that happens there is insults and more insults and more and the actual thoughtful posts (if at all there are any) get lost in the process. "

"Has there been any decision made on this distribution to other crypto holders @Sandrine? Do let us know."

" I understand there can be glitches etc. but I just don't get why the website hasn't been updated as yet. That should been the first thing they should have done!"

"Larger the supply, more the downward pressure on the price. Increasing rarity results in increasing prices. Pretty basic economics smile"

" I would love to see neucoin go up to $0.10 levels. Even if neu stayed at $0.01 at the end of 10 years, that would mean a marketcap of around $1billion and our returns would be 5000% which itself is great!"
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:02:33 PM

It looks like they've been editing the NeuCoin site and wikipedia a lot but one of their earliest claims was NeuCoin would have 1 million users within a year, when Bitcoin itself only has 100,000, according to the Federal Reserve, to 250,000, according to Jeffrey Robinson.  In other words Kaufman thinks he can attain 10x more users than BTC within 12 months (even though his current forum appears to be a ghost town).

So if I'm an "other existing website", what's in it for me by integrating Neucoin?  

Why do you think Neucon is a "fantastic" experiment versus some other altcoin?

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:02:18 AM

So if I'm an "other existing website", what's in it for me by integrating Neucoin?  

Why do you think Neucon is a "fantastic" experiment versus some other altcoin?

They can't even get a bustling forum pre-launch and yet you're expecting the handful of actives to create a networking campaign to attain viral adoption... what?!

As well what about this 100% inflation?  NeuCoin would crash and burn when there's headlines like: "1 million users robbed of half their deposits".  Expecting people to run some QT client and stake their coins is complete bullshit and you're living in lala land or Dungeons & Dragons land if you think so.   Inflationary PoS isn't conducive for adoption and we've seen that here for years now. 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
torrgeek

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:42:54 AM

For every new user you bring to Neucoin you get a certain amount of neucoins yourself as an affiliate fee. That is how the hugely successful affiliate marketing business is structured. By integrating neucoin into, say, your gaming website, not only can you earn revenue from the neucoins that are used in the game but you will also have the added incentive of earning the referral fee.

Plus, it will also depend on the kind of networking the Neucoin team can do in the days to come after launch. Only time will tell how that goes.

@rizzlarolla lol..thanks for the recap!! That is so thoughtful of you..haha..
torrgeek

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 02:06:52 AM

They can't even get a bustling forum pre-launch and yet you're expecting the handful of actives to create a networking campaign to attain viral adoption... what?!

As well what about this 100% inflation?  NeuCoin would crash and burn when there's headlines like: "1 million users robbed of half their deposits".  Expecting people to run some QT client and stake their coins is complete bullshit and you're living in lala land or Dungeons & Dragons land if you think so.   Inflationary PoS isn't conducive for adoption and we've seen that here for years now.

There's no need to run a QT client. The online wallet will have a "growth account" feature where you can simply transfer your coins and stake them without even the need to understand what staking is.

Neucoin plans to introduce this to its new users via a gamified tutorial that a new user will have to go through in order to receive a few free coins.

Again, whether all this will work is anybody's guess but it is not as if all this has not been thought of already and that you have come up with something brilliant that has no one has imagined so far!

But anyway, I'm glad this thread has matured into actually discussing neucoin and its future rather than the plain old boring "oh, this is a scam!".. "they will take you bitcoins and run off"..
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 02:20:02 AM

For every new user you bring to Neucoin you get a certain amount of neucoins yourself as an affiliate fee. That is how the hugely successful affiliate marketing business is structured.

Well at least you have a reason. 

I'll say this: there's often a fine line between "successful affiliate marketing" and "scammy MLM dynamics". 

torrgeek

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:39:10 AM

For every new user you bring to Neucoin you get a certain amount of neucoins yourself as an affiliate fee. That is how the hugely successful affiliate marketing business is structured.

Well at least you have a reason. 

I'll say this: there's often a fine line between "successful affiliate marketing" and "scammy MLM dynamics". 

True. I don't think there is any MLM dynamics at play here especially due to the glaring absence of downlines which is a central feature of MLM schemes.

And thanks for being objective. That is one quality in rare supply in these forums these days.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:50:54 AM

True. I don't think there is any MLM dynamics at play here especially due to the glaring absence of downlines which is a central feature of MLM schemes.

Maybe not in the traditional sense, but still, you're talking about the people at the top selling  site owners on selling neucoin to their people...
with the promise that "we can get even more people sold" on it. 

I agree, it is "fantastic"  Tongue

torrgeek

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:45:09 AM

Maybe not in the traditional sense, but still, you're talking about the people at the top selling  site owners on selling neucoin to their people...

I agree, it is "fantastic"  Tongue

That is the same with every crypto currency out there. Hell, it is the same with many other commodities as well. Why single out neucoin?
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 10:56:54 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 11:25:27 AM by Gekko463

Maybe not in the traditional sense, but still, you're talking about the people at the top selling  site owners on selling neucoin to their people...

I agree, it is "fantastic"  Tongue

That is the same with every crypto currency out there. Hell, it is the same with many other commodities as well. Why single out neucoin?

No it's not the "same with every crypto currency out there".

Only the pre-mined ones, or the one's who do ICO's even have "people at the top".

Good coins don't have ANY "people at the top".  And smart people know that.

NoKoin has both an ENOURMOUS pre-mine handed out to "people at the top" and sold at a steep discount to their friends AND they pre-sold part of that pre-mine at higher prices to the public (whom they refer to as "trailer-cash"--that's you Torrgeek.  DanK laughs his ass off in the office and calls you "trailer cash").

Contrast that with Doge.  No pre-mine.  No Initial coin offering.  Nobody at the "Top".

Unobtanium went out of it's way to have nobody at the top.  4 coins were mined by the Dev to make sure it worked.  Then it was announced and Unobtanium mining started with a block reward of .001 for the first 2000 blocks so that miners had time to find out about it and point their miners towards it before anyone was able to get an unfair advantage.

From block 2001 the block reward was 1 kg per block, halving every 100,000 blocks and finishing with a minimum subsidy of .0001 after 15 halvings.  There are currently only about 195,000 of them in existence, today worth about $2.60 a piece.  Here is the whole Eco-system that has been built around it over the past year and a half:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0

Not trying to sell you UNO, although anyone who doesn't have any has their head up their ass.

Telling you about this to point out that a good altcoin is the opposite of everything NoKoin is.  You guys who bought into it have fallen into cognitive dissonance.

Every alt-coin community out there that was approached by Sandrine told you the same thing:  "We want nothing to do with Neucoin because it is BOTH pre-mined and pre-sold.  That makes it unfair and ripe for abuse because every coin that has had a pre-mine has had a scandle attached to it.  Every single one.

Here's a list of some of them:  http://altcoins.com/scamcoins

Nobody in the altcoin community even wants Neucoins for free.  People who know about altcoins think Neucoin is less than worthless:  it was specifically designed to steal from people who don't understand the short history of altcoins.  Neucoin was created to hurt people.  That is worse than worthless.  It is evil.

You guys just don't want to believe that you were ripped off by professional, serial Internet scammers who refer to you among themselves as "trailer cash".

So your statement, "that is the same with every crypto out there" is demonstrably false and you are wrong about this, and oh so many other things.

If you insist on ignoring the very recent history of all pre-mined coins and you insist on ignoring the dubious, well documented history of the people who did this to you, there is nothing we can do to help you.

There are hundreds of coins like Doge and UNO that you could have bought that do not have anyone "at the top".  But you bought yet another pre-mine, that was also ICO'd by FAMOUS Internet fraud guys.  You chose that.

Sorry for your loss.  Next time you will understand that pre-mine is bad, giving money to serial Internet scammers is bad, and you won't do that.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 12:25:36 PM

Every alt-coin community out there that was approached by Sandrine told you the same thing:  "We want nothing to do with Neucoin because it is BOTH pre-mined and pre-sold.  That makes it unfair and ripe for abuse because every coin that has had a pre-mine has had a scandle attached to it.  Every single one.

woah, really?  that's interesting.  any links?  this is popcorn worthy.

scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 02:21:47 PM

It is! Popcorn Xtra Large!

Here's my favourite: Jackson Palmer SubredditDrama - The Full Story

http://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/33motg/the_creator_of_dogecoin_is_divesting_all_his/

TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:59:02 AM

Got popcorn?

Doge
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/33l8nt/of_wolves_and_weasels_day_470_neucoin_concerns/
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/33hdvo/feedback_needed_neucoin_distribution_to_dogecoin/

Peer
https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4075.0

Black
http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/32pcga/neucoin_distribution_program_to_blackcoin_holders/
CrazyCoins

Activity: 182

Just2CRAZY

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:39:09 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 03:16:19 AM by CrazyCoins

I am hoping it gets a good release because I bought into it.  I AM getting tired of no more info.  This coin should have been launched in the spring.  Now it is almost July and no launch or news in sight.  Except for the launch has been pushed back to August now...I think.  A lot of people are getting pissed now.  I try to keep a cool head but it is even getting to ME!  I think the coin has potential.  I just want to launch.  They are holding mine and everyone elses money and not even giving us the respect to come in here and say something and move things forward.  I am getting really tired of these so called devs putting out coins that either don't work or either they drop their load right at first after the mining and before the stake...if it even works.  I want my wallet released and my coins.  Otherwise give my btc back.  I am sure that will happen.  This needs to release NOW!  It is getting way to much crap thrown at it.  Looks to me like some of the crap is sticking too.  Lets just draw this thing out until the coin is totally worthless.
I have been mining bitcoin for a long time and I have never seen so much crap with all these altcoins, although I have made some btc off some.  It is still getting to be a pain to deal with liars and cheats.  It used to not be this way.  There have always been some bad apples but this is just turning into something where most of the devs are totally crooked and screw anyone they can.

Respect to the REAL Devs!!

I SupportSprouts!!   SHA256  -  POW & POS TOGETHER!
Sprouts EXCHANGE!   PPC Fork!  Multiple POOLS!  Sprouts Homepage!
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:41:55 AM

community still growing and strong . thank for appreciate and everything about support . we all family
CrazyCoins

Activity: 182

Just2CRAZY

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:53:10 AM

That is the PERFECT name for most of these new alts!!!!!!  LMFAO....Can I have it??   LieTOme ya gotta love it!!!

I SupportSprouts!!   SHA256  -  POW & POS TOGETHER!
Sprouts EXCHANGE!   PPC Fork!  Multiple POOLS!  Sprouts Homepage!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: