Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196151 times)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:44:41 PM

They made some things right. They did a good job to raise trust.

That's certainly debatable.

I don't mean the direct communication and what they really did. What I mean is the concept what they line out in the strategy-paper.

They're not anonymous.
They have "big names" in the boat.
There is money-backing.

They announce a total supply of 3 billion
They bring 100 Mio to the market
At the same time they assure potential investors that there won't be any uncontrolled dumping
They say, the huge supply will be used for the best of the project --> user growth, paying those who'll implement it and so on

They say they will be very transparent about all transactions and investments they'll make.

And sure, they are not transparent and I would have some concerns about security and a large group, because I always expect differences... I would have some concerns about the "Oh sorry, we got hacked - possibility"... one of the oldest tricks in Crypto to run away with the money and so on.

But the psychological design isn't that bad if you read it. And I mean just that, without the delays and direct communication and shady pasts and so on. They have answers to most of all possible questions before anybody asks openly. I believe they focused much more on the psychological-strategy than on the economic-design and the tech. And I believe, what they also forgot: The psychology in their own group. It's nearly impossible that they're united.

The key-problem is in my eyes: If they would be completely honest, completely transparent, highly skilled regarding the tech, they still couldn't handle the PoS-Rate/Inflation. And always they would've to explain this lack of any distribution and so on.

The design itself leads into dishonesty.
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:06:32 AM

It does, but in this case it looks like (greed led to) dishonesty led to design. IMO.
They could have pulled the launch, returned bitcoin.
That would have given a certain kind of credibility.
Then tried again.

In over 18months development they could have changed the total #nokoins.
They could have changed the pay structure.
They could have changed anything.
They held surveys. They asked for imput.

They claimed innovation in the original WP only to admit it was a Blackcoin feature.
They claimed $2.25m investment only it was half in paid work by the team. (never clarified, corrected on coin telegraph)
They will not give details on "team" payments.
They claim to be professional yet ban a $10k investor from their forum because he asked for a promised update. (outcome of)
Their forum is a deliberate confusion of waffle.
They claim it is easy to get yet no getnokoin at launch.
Dan makes his first visit to nokoin forum and bans 3 members, (1 investor)
Mark denies deleting posts.
ect.

James any Baby left to misinform investors all summer long.
I mean...  really.

What honest people would do that to their coin?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:52:17 AM

It does, but in this case it looks like (greed led to) dishonesty led to design. IMO.
They could have pulled the launch, returned bitcoin.
That would have given a certain kind of credibility.
Then tried again.

In over 18months development they could have changed the total #nokoins.
They could have changed the pay structure.
They could have changed anything.
They held surveys. They asked for imput.

They claimed innovation in the original WP only to admit it was a Blackcoin feature.
They claimed $2.25m investment only it was half in paid work by the team. (never clarified, corrected on coin telegraph)
They will not give details on "team" payments.
They claim to be professional yet ban a $10k investor from their forum because he asked for a promised update. (outcome of)
Their forum is a deliberate confusion of waffle.
They claim it is easy to get yet no getnokoin at launch.
Dan makes his first visit to nokoin forum and bans 3 members, (1 investor)
Mark denies deleting posts.
ect.

James any Baby left to misinform investors all summer long.
I mean...  really.

What honest people would do that to their coin?

Yes, you're right... it's a dishonest design and behavior right from the start and they had much time to think about it and to correct it or just call it off.

What's interesting for me is: Dishonesty isn't very rare in Crypto. Naivety isn't rare, incompetence isn't rare. But there are experienced people in the team. They have obviously good connections. And nobody was able to anticipate what would happen? To calculate scenarios from best- to worst-case and find out that it makes itself impossible and irrelevant? They are surprised that there is a Block-Explorer before they were able to spread the supply? They want to grow and don't think about the pressure that would be? I mean, you and me and some others are looking a little bit into it... but how would it turn out if it's really about big money and if blockchain-experts analyze the ICO and if journalists digging deeper?

I doubt that anybody made much money out of it so far. Therefore I don't believe that they've sold much to the public... maybe they even lost money in this. And I don't see any possible scenario to turn it... Maybe they'll buy it all back and say that there was too much FUD and leave. ;-)
redfish64

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:10:12 AM

Neucoin’s work is impressive and it's just a beginning. Many critics were writing that Neucoin will never launch, they will never be listed on exchanges, were is their wallet and etc.

One question is: Was the ICO really sold to the public and was it really a legit launch?

The problem is, if you look at the distribution:

Top 10.......2,967,553,562.06368923 NEU   96.72 %
Top 100.....3,062,105,550.67083359 NEU   99.8 %
Top 1000...3,068,146,816.34814405 NEU   100 %

Where are the 100 Mio sold in the ICO? It's not in Top100-1000. There are only about 6 Mio Coins. That's the staking of 20 hours.

They say:

Hi @takla : approximately 1000 people took part in the presale: https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/investors-in-neucoin/1341

And yes, there are > 1000 transactions. But I looked into it and it's nearly always the same... the BTC went a long way over multiple addresses, and often very fast. There were some big transactions but also very small transactions had a long way before, were splitted before etc.... it's hard to figure out where they came from. And: Why did so many Investors believe it's necessary to send their money through the entire Blockchain instead of sending them directly?

And: If there were about 1000 people who bought the pre-sale, how can it be that they're all in the Top100?

Did they all transact their NEU to the exchanges? If you take a look on Bittrex (Distribution) the answer seems to be no. There isn't much, I would say < 10 Mio, maybe < 7 Mio. And on the sellside are only 498,372 NEU.

If so many would have transacted their NEU to Bittrex I would expect a lot more on the sellside. It's very unusual that there isn't even 1 Mio.

I doubt that there is a lot more on Cryptsy.

And if we look at the official forum. It doesn't seem that there are so much User, right? There are a lot of links and it's visible how often they were clicked. And it also counts clicks of those who are not registered as User. One example, the Thread about the presale:

Hi there!

As promised, here are all the important details about our presale:

It will begin on April 28
100 million NEU to be offered in exchange for BTC
Price starts at $0.01 per NEU and increases by 1% per day
Presale ends after 60 days or when the 100 million tokens have been sold
The presale will happen at www.neucoin.org 69

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/neucoin-presale-to-start-april-28-and-earn-free-neucoins-now/467

Until now there are just 69 clicks on the link to the pre-sale.

If there were about 1000 User who bought the pre-sale I would expect some more clicks than just 69.

And if there were about 1000 User who bought the pre-sale I wouldn't expect to find all the Coins in the Top100...

If I think about all that, self-buying would be my guess. But if that should be right, there is the question "why?". Possible answers:

1. Because otherwise it would have failed
2. To have full control - also about the 100 Mio. And that's just about 3% of the initial supply (3 billion).

My guess is: They saw that there isn't much demand. They recognized that there are not many Users on their forum, not many views on the Mainpage or the Wiki, not many action on Twitter and so on. It wasn't the hype they had expected. So they bought it themselves in three days to let it seem as if there would be much demand, as if it would have been possible to sell more than just 100 Mio.

And than, most likely the plan was to distribute it over the exchanges... with control about supply and price.

But it doesn't seem as if there is a lot more demand now, right? It doesn't seem as if there is more action on their forum... Somebody starts a topic "Serious question" and after 12 hours it has 61 views and 3 replies... that's not very much if there are at least 1000 Investors and after the launch it should be much more... now it's on the exchanges and visible for all.

Or their official Twitter-Account: https://twitter.com/neucoin
The first tweet is over a year ago, but just 819 follower.

Sandrine (CM): https://twitter.com/SandrineAy
joined in 2012, but just 1083 follower

Just for example: https://twitter.com/NeosCoin

It's a high-quality and honest project but without much marketing/PR, still under the radar... more like an Insider-Tip. But it started in August 14 and has more follower than this Mainstream-Neucoin-project?

Weird, right?

So, if I should be right with my guess, that there wasn't enough demand to reach the ICO-terms and that there was selfbuying of those who already owned 97% of the total supply (now more because of staking)... it was a failed ICO.

And what's a fact: Now the Top100 are sitting on 99.8 % of the total supply, staking the hell out of it and everybody who sees that, steps back. And the group behind it, including those they call "angel-investors" and "initial-seed-investors", are in summary 50 people. Not that hard to figure out who is in the Top100. Not many public-investors I would guess. ;-)

And if you think about that... maybe you'll also find an answer to the questions: Why isn't there an official Block-Explorer? Why isn't there much communication? What are the 12 people of the core-team doing? And they started working on that 1 1/2 year ago? What's there? A badly designed forum? A peercoin-fork? A Homepage and a Wiki? That's nothing... Every little 100 Dollar - marketcap-Coin has that.

The only innovation I see is the incredibly high staking-rate and zero distribution. If that's what they've wanted --> mission accomplished.

Thank you so much Tempus for all your great calculations and making it easy for us to understand exactly why there is a problem with this project. I admit I was very much enamored with the "investor" list and the big names that supposedly supported NeuCoin. I joined the community and was very much active and enthusiastic. I bought in the presale and even came up with the Squirrel name- Tippy. They made me moderator and all was good and exciting. Then they started pushing back the release and then investors in the community started asking questions. Priemievalsoup was a big investor and he started asking some serious questions. Being a game developer and having some experience with releasing products, his question on why there was no testnet really struck a chord for me. I asked Sandrine and the other moderators about this, and Sandrine told me the team was doing extensive testing already, and a testnet was not needed.

Fast forward a month later to the supposed launch- they come and say they are pushing back the launch because they need more testing and are releasing a testnet to the presale investors by the end of the month. I was really set off and finally had to leave when the end of the month came, the testnet was not released to us, but they claimed they held their promise because they released to "angel investors."

I never really understood the problem with inflation, and I was impartial to Dan Kaufman's shady past, but I just couldn't get behind a team that I could not trust. Now with all the calculations being clear I finally understand the inflation problem and I understand the silence and dodging of questions. I think like what you said, they don't know what to do now and it's just easier to not say anything. I feel so grateful I was able to sell all my NeuCoin and I was able to break even before it was too late.

Regarding your question on why there isn't much action on the forum... I think back then there was some excitement but that just all faded, and people became disenchanted (at least for me). I ended up just staying quiet because I knew I would never get a real genuine answer :/ It's sad, but I really hope those that did buy from the presale were able to get their BTC back. Thanks again Tempus for breaking everything down and bringing light where there was always shadow.
I got out of this too.

The kicker is that the most technical guy on the project, based on forum messages, Kourosh, left the project in June. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kourosh-davarpanah/2a/842/147

Cryptocurrency design
NeuCoin
June 2014 – June 2015 (1 year 1 month)Paris

• Conducted extensive research on decentralized consensus algorithms
• Designed a secure, cost-efficient, decentralized consensus algorithm
• Wrote a 40-page white paper detailing the shortcomings of Bitcoin's proof-of-work algorithm and demonstrating the robustness of NeuCoin's proof-of-stake algorithm against a broad range of attacks

Look at the resume of their CTO, two years out of college, doing work as a Sys Admin the whole time, and then, poof, joins Neucoin and gets promoted to CTO.

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAt7wBIBQ1TkFZzal15xlJopExonN6sGcbY&authType=name&authToken=gPc-&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-name

Co-Founder And Cto
NeuCoin
April 2014 – Present (1 year 7 months)Paris
System and network administrator
Online, Iliad
July 2013 – January 2014 (7 months)
System and Network Administrator
Typhon
April 2013 – July 2013 (4 months)
System and Network Administrator
Stockho Hosting
December 2012 – March 2013 (4 months)
Internship
Sogeti
May 2012 – September 2012 (5 months)Paris Area, France
Internship
IONIS Institute of Technology
June 2010 – March 2011 (10 months)Paris Area, France

I tried asking her a technical question about the whitepaper, and got a "She's too busy, right now" from Sandrine, here: http://forum.neucoin.org/t/penalize-nodes-that-dont-mine-continously-by-capping-coinstake/1357/9

Then, she posts to this forum a few days later. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=373683;sa=showPosts
(see the 3rd post). If she has enough time to engage with people here, then it's pretty obvious she was just avoiding answering my question. And if you look at here entire history on forum.neucoin.org, you can see that she really hasn't said anything very technical at all.

I even gave them a fork that would solve one of the biggest issues for anyone using the client, that no one can see whether they are minting or not, how long it will take to mint, and the reward they'd lose if they transfer their coins. But the Neucoin team hasn't done anything with it. I can only guess that they just don't have the expertise and the knowledge of how Peercoin works to be able to even figure out if my code works.

---
My point is that they just don't have enough technical experts on staff, probably zero I would guess. The ones they did have, one of them was Kourosh, probably all left months ago.

That's why they can't execute, why all the delays, all the missing features and rushed out stuff, such as simple getneucoin.org quiz which can't even link the winnings directly to their online wallet.

I used to work in the bay area, and have seen several cases like this during my career. It doesn't matter how good an idea seems to be. If the team doing it isn't up to snuff, it always fails.

---

Anyway, I'm done with my rant. I would suggest to anyone not to invest in this.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:16:04 AM

They didn't just claim innovation, they claimed to have solved the Nothing-at-Stake
issue, which would be like the holy grail of Proof of Stake crypto. 

I notice their website no longer claims this but I screenshotted it earlier in the
thread.  Also their whitepaper talks about it.

But its totally bogus.  They were either knowingly lying, or so inept they
didn't even understand what they were claiming. 

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:36:57 AM

Someone, or something is trying very hard to murder neucoin on cryptsy. They have been since launch. The price has been driven down repeatedly by sell walls. Someone holds 2.35mil on bittrex in a single wallet. Someone is trying to hoard neu. We will see the walls lifted within the month and we will see an above normal spike in price back up to 6k+. People are starting to stake and the network hash rate has quadrupled within the past week. Very interesting to see what is going on with neu.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:40:42 AM

Someone, or something is trying very hard to murder neucoin on cryptsy. They have been since launch. The price has been driven down repeatedly by sell walls. Someone holds 2.35mil on bittrex in a single wallet. Someone is trying to hoard neu. We will see the walls lifted within the month and we will see an above normal spike in price back up to 6k+. People are starting to stake and the network hash rate has quadrupled within the past week. Very interesting to see what is going on with neu.
The 7 BTC sell wall was taken down literally 5 seconds after I made this post. Maybe the boom will be sooner than expected. Lurkers be lurkin'.
m3ndi3

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:06:02 AM

I'm not too familiar with trading but I thought the sell walls were because people wanted to get rid of their coin? I also thought that the one bittrex wallet was someone in neucoin where they would buy to support the price and not let it go down further? Can someone please explain to me what's going on in the exchanges? It's pretty fascinating and I'd like to learn more Smiley
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:19:00 AM

I'm not too familiar with trading but I thought the sell walls were because people wanted to get rid of their coin? I also thought that the one bittrex wallet was someone in neucoin where they would buy to support the price and not let it go down further? Can someone please explain to me what's going on in the exchanges? It's pretty fascinating and I'd like to learn more Smiley

lol.  you're right Mindi.  sell walls isn't hoarding, it's the opposite.  anyway, I think Tempus' theory that little coins were actually sold is probably true...and as we can see on cryptsy, the volume is pretty low.  I think some of the actual presale buyers dumped their coins and that's why the price went from .00006 to .000037.
Some people are trying to buy lower, but right now little is being sold or bought.  Holding long term is risky because the foundation can dump huge amounts anytime they want.  This makes buying the coin for speculation unattractive.

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:27:37 AM

[...]
I even gave them a fork that would solve one of the biggest issues for anyone using the client, that no one can see whether they are minting or not, how long it will take to mint, and the reward they'd lose if they transfer their coins. But the Neucoin team hasn't done anything with it. I can only guess that they just don't have the expertise and the knowledge of how Peercoin works to be able to even figure out if my code works.
[...]

Without a doubt technical knowledge is missing, otherwise they could have released the peercoin clone and a web wallet after 1-2 months (instead of 1.5 years).

But there's more.
Why didn't they reward, not even verbally, your fork? You're clearly the only person that added value to the qt-client.
Why was huey not rewarded or thanked for creating the only block explorer?
I said it before, compared to the achievements of the whole neucon regime you should have been given many millions of coins and offered jobs immediately...

My answer: Given the history of the team (lying, misleading, postponing, etc.) I believe that you and huey are not rewarded because you created tools that help everybody see what's really happening. That all our (rizz, jonald, scam, gekko, tempus, ...) theories are actually true.

And truth is exactly what the team doesn't want - all they want and ever wanted is to deceive and make a lot of money.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:59:01 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 06:10:28 AM by tempus

There are some possible scenarios... depends mostly on what the Neu-Team wants. As I said: I believe that the majority of the ICO was bought from the team. There were 100 Mio NEU and about 4000 BTC. If we would say, just for an theoretical calculation, that there were 200 real Investors with 2 BTC each (average) it would mean: 10% in public hands = 400 BTC = 10 Mio Neu which would be really "out in the wild".

I'm pretty sure, that the buy-walls are from the team. Reason: At this point there are maybe some little Investors, playing a little bit with tiny amounts but if somebody would like to buy at 0.000035 and would invest about 11 BTC he will think about it. It's unpredictable for everybody without insider-knowledge. Some may expect pumping, some may expect that the team could give up, some may expect dumping... I don't believe that anybody would invest much at this point.

So... in my eyes, the buy-walls could have to possible reasons:

1. to stabilize the price
2. to buy it mostly all back

If they stabilize the price and buying time with that, they could have a strategy to come out with something they could publish as good news... whatever it could be. Something that would give the sign that they are still following their own strategy, User-growth and so on. That could be the strategy, but it's also a risk I would say, because they can't fix the inflation- and distribution-problem.

Another strategy could be: To buy it all back what is in public hands. Than they could leave in silence... over time, nobody would care too much because nobody would have lost too much. And to do that, they could motivate the people to dump their holdings. And... They don't do that much to raise confidence the last days. There is no communication and maybe they are also building some sell-walls to cause dumping into their own buy-walls which are lower and lower than the ICO-price...

And... it's really speculative but that would be my guess, because it looks similar on Bittrex and Cryptsy. In this moment: On both exchanges exactly 7.4 BTC (200,000 NEU) on the sellside at 0.000038. I doubt that this is a coincidence.

Buy-side the same picture at 0.000035... > 300,000 NEU.

So, I believe they want to cause people to dump into the buy-walls and they know how much is in public hands. But it also could be that there are just real Investors on the sellside who wants out or one bigger Investor on both exchanges or whatever... hoping that they'll buy it.

Maybe we'll see what's their strategy in a few days. If they'll try to push the project or if they'll stay calm or coming up with an excuse or whatever. It's unpredictable. Maybe they have the plan for something like a restart... who knows.

Nogroup

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:17:48 AM

i was interested in readnig fork but apparently you deleted it, could you re-upload it ?
i don't think they will integrate it anyway, it would be like bitcoin showing how much time you have until a new block will be generated (or maybe neuteam are too noob to see it)
btw, don't you think that funny that liqio where not able to use your csv flie but still give his technical pov ??
redfish64

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:12:15 AM

i was interested in readnig fork but apparently you deleted it, could you re-upload it ?
i don't think they will integrate it anyway, it would be like bitcoin showing how much time you have until a new block will be generated (or maybe neuteam are too noob to see it)
btw, don't you think that funny that liqio where not able to use your csv flie but still give his technical pov ??

Ok, it's back up. I took it down because I didn't want to people to see it as a show of support. I updated the README with my position.

Nogroup

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:51:58 AM

Ok, it's back up. I took it down because I didn't want to people to see it as a show of support. I updated the README with my position.
im sorry to bring this to you but maybe it's a good thing you are nolonger in the bay area, the idea 1/3 of your commit s about editing the readme, 1/4 about merging (rebase anyone?) and the rest is copy/paste or commit message with weird statement like « I think I changed the future log message, not sure... »
https://i.imgur.com/JtAywAo.jpg

looking ate the getneucoin (fucking 1998 webiste with sound enableb by defautl) & myneucoin (hdwallet anyone?) code is weird because they are two diffrent thing one is made with python the other php (apparently getneucoin is the faucet site (lol)) maybe is that the reason why they cant integrate it... no communication on it...

anyone tried to reach coin news site to know who paid them and did they paid them with neucoin bitcoin or $$$ ? this thread is fucking huge and im starting to sort thing out would be nice to know if its dank or a fundation that are paying for it

ill try to bring more asap
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:00:07 AM

lol.  you're right Mindi.  sell walls isn't hoarding, it's the opposite.  anyway, I think Tempus' theory that little coins were actually sold is probably true...and as we can see on cryptsy, the volume is pretty low.  I think some of the actual presale buyers dumped their coins and that's why the price went from .00006 to .000037.
Some people are trying to buy lower, but right now little is being sold or bought.  Holding long term is risky because the foundation can dump huge amounts anytime they want.  This makes buying the coin for speculation unattractive.

Yeah, they probably worked all that time dump for zero profit.. are you listening to yourself ?
Nogroup

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:13:45 AM

Yeah, they probably worked all that time dump for zero profit.. are you listening to yourself ?

while they hold the coin they are not decentralized as they claim simple fact
redfish64

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:23:04 AM

im sorry to bring this to you but maybe it's a good thing you are nolonger in the bay area, the idea 1/3 of your commit s about editing the readme, 1/4 about merging (rebase anyone?) and the rest is copy/paste or commit message with weird statement like « I think I changed the future log message, not sure... »
https://i.imgur.com/JtAywAo.jpg

looking ate the getneucoin (fucking 1998 webiste with sound enableb by defautl) & myneucoin (hdwallet anyone?) code is weird because they are two diffrent thing one is made with python the other php (apparently getneucoin is the faucet site (lol)) maybe is that the reason why they cant integrate it... no communication on it...

anyone tried to reach coin news site to know who paid them and did they paid them with neucoin bitcoin or $$$ ? this thread is fucking huge and im starting to sort thing out would be nice to know if its dank or a fundation that are paying for it

ill try to bring more asap
Geez, man... harsh. What does it matter how many changes I made to the README? I was tasked with learning how the code worked, what it did, and accomplish my task all at the same time. And yes, I was also learning how to use git and how to interface with github, too (I also didn't know how github displays README's in general. They're preview functionality kind of sucks). I just did it as a hack so I could mint effectively, and thought it would be nice to share.

And that commit message was before I was even considering releasing it to the public.

I noticed you didn't bring up anything about the changes I did implement. Did you even look at them? Read the README, where I go through the specific details on how to mint effectively? Most of the work actually was reading the code and figuring out exactly how Neucoin/Peercoin worked, which I was by no means an expert on before I started this. Doing all of that in the time I did so I could get ready to mint from day 1 was actually a pretty good accomplishment.

What's your goal here? Why'd you want to see my code if all you're going to do is tear apart the superficial stuff without taking a look at what I did do?
Nogroup

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:52:49 AM

Geez, man... harsh. What does it matter how many changes I made to the README? I was tasked with learning how the code worked, what it did, and accomplish my task all at the same time. And yes, I was also learning how to use git and how to interface with github, too (I also didn't know how github displays README's in general. They're preview functionality kind of sucks). I just did it as a hack so I could mint effectively, and thought it would be nice to share.

And that commit message was before I was even considering releasing it to the public.

I noticed you didn't bring up anything about the changes I did implement. Did you even look at them? Read the README, where I go through the specific details on how to mint effectively? Most of the work actually was reading the code and figuring out exactly how Neucoin/Peercoin worked, which I was by no means an expert on before I started this. Doing all of that in the time I did so I could get ready to mint from day 1 was actually a pretty good accomplishment.

What's your goal here? Why'd you want to see my code if all you're going to do is tear apart the superficial stuff without taking a look at what I did do?
i dont want people thinking you are technial literate when you are not
you said that they dont want your code maybe its because its bad afaik regarding peercoin code, yours dont respect the coding style and you introduce weird calculation for math that you dont seem to comprehend... ask people here apparently they do the math lol you should look what peerunity did about that
redfish64

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:58:59 AM

you said that they dont want your code maybe its because its bad afaik regarding peercoin code, yours dont respect the coding style and you introduce weird calculation for math that you dont seem to comprehend... ask people here apparently they do the math lol you should look what peerunity did about that
What "math" do I not comprehend? What "weird calculation"? Again, did you even bother to look at anything I did? Can you even understand it?
Nogroup

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:32:28 AM

What "math" do I not comprehend? What "weird calculation"? Again, did you even bother to look at anything I did? Can you even understand it?
i dont do review for free.
im talking about that https://github.com/redfish64/neucoin/blob/master/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp#L3264 and that https://github.com/redfish64/neucoin/blob/master/src/wallet.cpp#L2083-L2105
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: