Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:06:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309578 times)
medstudent

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 12:35:10 PM

So.... wheres the update that was supposed to happen...

in 38 mins

Looking forward to hearing from you but most updates should be told on your WEBSITE, not here.

drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:38:41 PM

gtfo, we're not interested in another sockpuppet shitcoin of yours.
AEA

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:41:52 PM

in 38 mins

Looking forward to hearing from you but most updates should be told on your WEBSITE, not here.

In its current state, this project is for long term investors and traders. If you are neither, I don't think this is the right place for you right now. You should be looking for projects that you want to work with and things that make you happy. You're clearly not happy so, in my view you should find a project that you truly believe in.

DigiZs

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:43:21 PM

I hope the update won't disappoint
AEA

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:52:12 PM

I think it's important for Ohad to ignore the new players.  The majority of them are so short term. They're complaining about the website which, we've discussed multiple times. First Ohad will be releasing a mini alpha. Then, we'll begin on the more marketing efforts e.g. website later down the line in the future.

Lets face it, the only thing the website does is raise the price of the token, nothing more. As much as we'd like to see the price of the token go up, it must be backed by value that only Ohad can create. There is no value in a website right now, but there value in the product. All the information on Tau can be found within this forum and Ohad has had to unfortunately repeat himself about a trillion times.

Attention new players: Ohad will not be building the website. Original holders support him in this decision and are in favour of this decision.

If you don't understand what he's trying to build then this isn't the place for you. But, if you're long term and you want to understand what he's trying to build HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES. Then yes, hold. If not, I would try to find a project that you believe in. Why would you buy anything you don't like?

Us early adopters want Ohad to continue to develop and construct the idea in peace. The less time spent on this forum, the more work he gets done.

If you invested because someone told you to, that's on you. Only you can tell yourself to do something, the silver lining on that is that you had enough knowledge to generate money in the first place to even invest so you can always get back. Moral of the story, don't buy things you don't want or understand.

To Ohad - Ignore requests and continue to develop. We're entirely with you.

If you're a new supporter, please read through the forum, come to your own conclusion and let that be it.

Thanks
medstudent

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 12:58:33 PM

in 38 mins

In its current state, this project is for long term investors and traders. If you are neither, I don't think this is the right place for you right now. You should be looking for projects that you want to work with and things that make you happy. You're clearly not happy so, in my view you should find a project that you truly believe in.

I've found a few I believe in a lot actually. I'm already invested in them. I'm going to see his next update and make my decision from there if this project is worth getting into again. But how much longer are you willing to hold? Another 3 years? What if the project still isn't done then...

AEA

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:01:58 PM

in 38 mins

I've found a few I believe in a lot actually. I'm already invested in them. I'm going to see his next update and make my decision from there if this project is worth getting into again. But how much longer are you willing to hold? Another 3 years? What if the project still isn't done then...

Honestly, I think if something is great, who cares how long it takes? It depends on your ability to be patient, and with startups you must trust the owner, as that's all you have. Everyone's appetite is different. Do what you feel really comfortable with never discussing again. Because for you, this is speculative and with speculative bets you must able to say "hey ho, that was fun, what's next" if you can't say that you've likely put in too much or you weren't really for the investment in the first place.
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 01:09:00 PM

as promised, following is the status, some discussion, and decisions:

1. ~$2m pending on the tentative sale address. add to that some more funds i got in alts, ~100btc worth.

2. 60% of all tokens were sold (initially we planned to sell no more than 50% before tau is ready), i.e. ~25m tokens out of 42m. that's aside the tentative sale. we decided to dedicate between 3m to 4.2m tokens to the tentatives.

3. june's price was around 16-37 cents, depends on amounts and lock/unlock.

4. curernt market price is ~70c.

5. for unlocked tokens, only, it seems reasonable to distribute 3m tokens for ~$2m, i.e. ~66c a token.

6. locked tokens should get much more discount, beyond the normal 15%, on this case. more towards june's prices.

7. therefore we suggest two rounds:
        a. people who are interested in an immediate refund, can ask for it now.
        b. people who are interested in locked tokens, let me know, or in the worst case, we'll lock your tokens afterwards.
        c. in several hours from now, i'll send to the remaining tentative buyers the unlocked tokens according to 66c cents (and corresponding btc refunds).
        d. after we know the amount of money interested in locked tokens, we can offer a price in june's range, with limited supply. the whole over-60% sale will not exceed 4.2m tokens whatsoever (namely a refund will take place accordingly).

Tau-Chain & Agoras
AEA

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:12:23 PM

The people who tried to trade agrs because someone told them to and lost out of fear, also moan and complain on the forum, thus triggering more fear and further decreasing their asset value. Maybe be quiet and you wouldn't lose so much?
medstudent

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 01:17:16 PM

I think it's important for Ohad to ignore the new players.  The majority of them are so short term. They're complaining about the website which, we've discussed multiple times. First Ohad will be releasing a mini alpha. Then, we'll begin on the more marketing efforts e.g. website later down the line in the future.

Lets face it, the only thing the website does is raise the price of the token, nothing more. As much as we'd like to see the price of the token go up, it must be backed by value that only Ohad can create. There is no value in a website right now, but there value in the product. All the information on Tau can be found within this forum and Ohad has had to unfortunately repeat himself about a trillion times.

Attention new players: Ohad will not be building the website. Original holders support him in this decision and are in favour of this decision.

If you don't understand what he's trying to build then this isn't the place for you. But, if you're long term and you want to understand what he's trying to build HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES. Then yes, hold. If not, I would try to find a project that you believe in. Why would you buy anything you don't like?

Us early adopters want Ohad to continue to develop and construct the idea in peace. The less time spent on this forum, the more work he gets done.

If you invested because someone told you to, that's on you. Only you can tell yourself to do something, the silver lining on that is that you had enough knowledge to generate money in the first place to even invest so you can always get back. Moral of the story, don't buy things you don't want or understand.

If you're a new supporter, please read through the forum, come to your own conclusion and let that be it.

Thanks

Can I do some rebuttals on this? This isn't to make Ohad look bad, rather this is to get the NEWCOMERS (which every project needs) educated on what is going on with Tau.

You say Ohad will be releasing a mini alpha.. then work on the marketing with website later on. Why isn't that written anywhere so newcomers can see that there is something going on here? You act like new people coming to support this project is a bad thing if they have a few questions about where the project is going. New comers are investing OUR money so we would like to know what our money is getting into.

You say there is no value in the website which is VERY VERY wrong. I've read a few posts around different crypto websites that are taken aback by the Tau project because the website looks like a scam. It doesn't take a lot of money to get the website remade, to get some good english translators to get the main idea across in a legible and clear manner.

You say the only place to get real information on the project is on bitcointalk which is a MAJOR issue. Everyone should be getting updates from the BLOG on their website, and USERS who believe in the Tau project should be updating us here. That's professionalism. Why does Ohad have to repeat himself a trillion times? Because there is no other place with concise info and a timeline about how his goals will be accomplished. Who wants to go through 100+ pages on this thread to find answers to the questions they have? NO ONE. We should be getting all our answers from a FAQ page on the Tau website, and if we have further questions, we should be able to come here and talk about them.

Ohad doesn't have to build the website, he can just hire someone to do that. The website is one of the easiest jobs in this whole thing and should be the first thing taken care of. That is one of the initial ways of getting people aboard your project. When you look at the website, it looks like something done by a middle schooler. Around the online cryptocurrency world, I have seen many people set off by the project because the website is shit.

And you're saying if we don't understand what he's trying to build this place isn't for us? So instead of a place we can go to get educated on what he is trying to build, we should just leave. wow you would be great at PR.

New users are not going to read through 100+ pages of this forum. Humans have low attention spans. This is why I humbly request Ohad to have someone work on his website and get that done first. Ohad can keep working on the Tau platform while someone else works on the website because IT WILL HELP raise more funds for the project in the long run.

Original investors don't mean shit. You guys are already in it for the long run. You need NEW investors to raise more money for this project and the best way to do that is to firstly get a better website. Secondly, you need to UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE on the progress of your work. No one new is going to want to invest when they see that you haven't updated your website in almost a year.

I know, Ohad, you need time to work on the project, but you really need to hire others to take care of the rest.

medstudent

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 01:25:08 PM

in 38 mins

Honestly, I think if something is great, who cares how long it takes? It depends on your ability to be patient, and with startups you must trust the owner, as that's all you have. Everyone's appetite is different. Do what you feel really comfortable with never discussing again. Because for you, this is speculative and with speculative bets you must able to say "hey ho, that was fun, what's next" if you can't say that you've likely put in too much or you weren't really for the investment in the first place.

You must be a very patient man because three years with nothing to show is too long for me.

AEA

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:26:33 PM

in 38 mins

You must be a very patient man because three years with nothing to show is too long for me.

Thank you brother, i'll take that as a compliment Smiley
AEA

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:33:09 PM

Thanks

Can I do some rebuttals on this? This isn't to make Ohad look bad, rather this is to get the NEWCOMERS (which every project needs) educated on what is going on with Tau.

You say Ohad will be releasing a mini alpha.. then work on the marketing with website later on. Why isn't that written anywhere so newcomers can see that there is something going on here? You act like new people coming to support this project is a bad thing if they have a few questions about where the project is going. New comers are investing OUR money so we would like to know what our money is getting into.

You say there is no value in the website which is VERY VERY wrong. I've read a few posts around different crypto websites that are taken aback by the Tau project because the website looks like a scam. It doesn't take a lot of money to get the website remade, to get some good english translators to get the main idea across in a legible and clear manner.

You say the only place to get real information on the project is on bitcointalk which is a MAJOR issue. Everyone should be getting updates from the BLOG on their website, and USERS who believe in the Tau project should be updating us here. That's professionalism. Why does Ohad have to repeat himself a trillion times? Because there is no other place with concise info and a timeline about how his goals will be accomplished. Who wants to go through 100+ pages on this thread to find answers to the questions they have? NO ONE. We should be getting all our answers from a FAQ page on the Tau website, and if we have further questions, we should be able to come here and talk about them.

Ohad doesn't have to build the website, he can just hire someone to do that. The website is one of the easiest jobs in this whole thing and should be the first thing taken care of. That is one of the initial ways of getting people aboard your project. When you look at the website, it looks like something done by a middle schooler. Around the online cryptocurrency world, I have seen many people set off by the project because the website is shit.

And you're saying if we don't understand what he's trying to build this place isn't for us? So instead of a place we can go to get educated on what he is trying to build, we should just leave. wow you would be great at PR.

New users are not going to read through 100+ pages of this forum. Humans have low attention spans. This is why I humbly request Ohad to have someone work on his website and get that done first. Ohad can keep working on the Tau platform while someone else works on the website because IT WILL HELP raise more funds for the project in the long run.

Original investors don't mean shit. You guys are already in it for the long run. You need NEW investors to raise more money for this project and the best way to do that is to firstly get a better website. Secondly, you need to UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE on the progress of your work. No one new is going to want to invest when they see that you haven't updated your website in almost a year.

I know, Ohad, you need time to work on the project, but you really need to hire others to take care of the rest.

My apologies if I didn't sound cool with newcomers and I hear you brother. All of these things are valid points. There are reasons to why we've pushed Ohad to focus on the project, instead of things that are purely cosmetic. I myself run a team of designers and can change the website if needed but when discussing with Ohad you can see this is purely about product. I myself have developed tech and if there's one thing I know from tech is that, the biggest beneficial impact to everyone is the product. We need to show something tangible, otherwise people will come to the website en mass and say "where's the product" and then he's one month lost where he could've spent building product. Trust me, when it's time, the website will look awesome and there will be a time, even I am looking forward to it. These are the kinds of things that newcomers will need to get to grips with.
Kartaba

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:33:54 PM

So i have bought agora years ago... or at least a year, and i have them on cold storage. On an offline bitcoin address.
So are my coins locked or unlocked? And what does it mean?
And do i need to do something for the 15% Ohad? Im sorry i havent been here for a while... did i miss something? I thought i will get the 15% automatically hence the txid is from way back from 2015-2016.  Thanx
medstudent

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 01:35:55 PM

in 38 mins

With all due respect, it has been over three years... why is this still in phase 1?

ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 01:37:31 PM

So i have bought agora years ago... or at least a year, and i have them on cold storage. On an offline bitcoin address.
So are my coins locked or unlocked? And what does it mean?
And do i need to do something for the 15% Ohad? Im sorry i havent been here for a while... did i miss something? I thought i will get the 15% automatically hence the txid is from way back from 2015-2016.  Thanx

locked means that i hold them for you. if they're in your wallet, that's what unlocked means.
however that's aside the bonus for addresses who didn't move the tokens, to be delivered when the final coins are ready

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 01:38:56 PM

With all due respect, it has been over three years... why is this still in phase 1?

it is in a much more advanced phase. but it does seem like phase 1 that's correct. people who work with me know that there's so much beyond what is published. and indeed the current work is on publishing it.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
AEA

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:40:16 PM

in 38 mins

His initial thoughts on the project were incorrect. He came out and said he was wrong. He then started again on an improved version with more understanding. Some people would say he's stringing investors along - which is fair, others would give credit to the honesty of the managing partner.
goblinman

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:49:15 PM

it is in a much more advanced phase. but it does seem like phase 1 that's correct. people who work with me know that there's so much beyond what is published. and indeed the current work is on publishing it.

ohad, I have heard you will finally publish the white paper this month, July 2017. Can you confirm, is this true? We will finally see the white paper in coming weeks? If not what is the next milestone for supporters to look forward to? Please provide some dates, at least for white paper, approximately..
fabrimovil

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:11:05 PM

wait a minute... what happend if i have my coins in bittrex?? is going to be locked???
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: