Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:47:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309580 times)
medstudent

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 02:16:58 PM

With all due respect, it has been over three years... why is this still in phase 1?

it is in a much more advanced phase. but it does seem like phase 1 that's correct. people who work with me know that there's so much beyond what is published. and indeed the current work is on publishing it.

ohad, I have heard you will finally publish the white paper this month, July 2017. Can you confirm, is this true? We will finally see the white paper in coming weeks? If not what is the next milestone for supporters to look forward to? Please provide some dates, at least for white paper, approximately..

+1 on this!!! Please answer this Ohad.

wait a minute... what happend if i have my coins in bittrex?? is going to be locked???

No man. Your coins in bittrex are not locked.

reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:29:24 PM

wow!!! This is like the most valuable concept idea I ever seen! At first I just invested and lost a bit of money, but then I keep reading about this idea, its amazing!  If this is successful, it will revolutionize everything!  This is like a database of all codes, if this is complete it will be automated process to check if code is correct, no need to hire extra programmers.  This will revolutionize many industries, this idea is just too good to be true! I have invested and holding, hope this is a very successful long term project!  I can't even imagine the price when the project is complete, this could be in $4-5 billion marketcap position!
Eventine

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:54:26 PM

wow!!! This is like the most valuable concept idea I ever seen! At first I just invested and lost a bit of money, but then I keep reading about this idea, its amazing!  If this is successful, it will revolutionize everything!  This is like a database of all codes, if this is complete it will be automated process to check if code is correct, no need to hire extra programmers.  This will revolutionize many industries, this idea is just too good to be true! I have invested and holding, hope this is a very successful long term project!  I can't even imagine the price when the project is complete, this could be in $4-5 billion marketcap position!

I'm glad you like it, I think this is the old tau though, and only a small part of the old tau
The new tau will do everything the old tau did and much more Smiley
iCoinWatch

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:58:14 PM

Ohad where do you stand on buying some tokens back in the future?

It will give us investors a sign that you believe the current value is low if you're willing to buy some back. Which alone will be a huge catalyst for us to buy more.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:01:57 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 03:25:54 PM by statdude

Refund requested (too risky for me to risk that much BTC at over 2x the price i expected). I appreciate the update and admit this is a little disappointing for me. But, it is a reasonable decision by Ohad.

Edit:

Confirming I received a prompt refund from Ohad.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
tranzactionezlive

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:16:59 PM

So i have bought agora years ago... or at least a year, and i have them on cold storage. On an offline bitcoin address.
So are my coins locked or unlocked? And what does it mean?
And do i need to do something for the 15% Ohad? Im sorry i havent been here for a while... did i miss something? I thought i will get the 15% automatically hence the txid is from way back from 2015-2016.  Thanx

locked means that i hold them for you. if they're in your wallet, that's what unlocked means.
however that's aside the bonus for addresses who didn't move the tokens, to be delivered when the final coins are ready

Dear Ohad, i have....some...in TREX, which i didn't move, but i didn't know about the bonus, how about it ? Cheesy
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 03:17:55 PM

So i have bought agora years ago... or at least a year, and i have them on cold storage. On an offline bitcoin address.
And do i need to do something for the 15% Ohad? Im sorry i havent been here for a while... did i miss something? I thought i will get the 15% automatically hence the txid is from way back from 2015-2016.  Thanx

locked means that i hold them for you. if they're in your wallet, that's what unlocked means.
however that's aside the bonus for addresses who didn't move the tokens, to be delivered when the final coins are ready

Dear Ohad, i have....some...in TREX, which i didn't move, but i didn't know about the bonus, how about it ? Cheesy

you can move them now into your own wallet and not move them, and you'll get a bonus too when time comes

Tau-Chain & Agoras
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:18:20 PM

I'm glad you like it, I think this is the old tau though, and only a small part of the old tau
The new tau will do everything the old tau did and much more Smiley

wow can't wait for this!!
iCoinWatch

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:42:11 PM

you can move them now into your own wallet and not move them, and you'll get a bonus too when time comes

How about buying back tokens instead of giving us a bonus token. Bonus token will only cause dilution in value. Which is something NO ONE WANTS.

If you commit to buying back some coins instead of the bonus, I will buy another 10k. As I see true value in you buying shares, I see absolutely zero value in my position size getting bigger and it becoming worth less.

I believe in you and your tech. I'm fine with you raising money, I don't want to be down rounded or diluted. I'm willing to pay more because the product is becoming worth more.

Also I don't want everyone to get a bonus amount of tokens and start dumping them.

So would you be willing to buy back some of your tokens in the future?  It will help us all realize that there is true value here. Even the people who quit believing in you will have their minds changed.
alphaomega23

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:47:16 PM

Hi Ohad,

New poster here, though I have been a follower of the project and an Agoras token holder for several months.

I want to clarify the discount factors that will apply to bulk 'tentative' token sales, and ask you to reconsider the final price.

In your post in this forum on June 29 about solving the crisis, you made it clear that any purchases at the tentative address may be refunded if the tentative tokens sold out. But you did not make it clear that you might increase the price. Indeed you mentioned in previous posts that bulk purchase at the prices shown on the Google spreadsheet would be available until the end of June.

It appears that the tokens reserved for 'tentative' purchases did not sell out. So I think that you should honor the June price of 37.6c for any purchases who sent tokens to the tentative purchase address before July 1 at midnight.

Now, maybe we have no right to complain or make demands. We are being sold tokens for below market price, so that's great!

However, those of us who believed in this project enough to purchase early deserve the full benefit of that. It's unfair that those of us who bought tokens in late June instead of early June are subject to an arbitrary price increase.

Refunding purchases to honor your commitment limiting the tokens sold is fair. Raising prices beyond what you previously offered in June is not.

I sent a lot of bitcoin to that purchase address based on my trust in you, and observing that you had always kept your commitments in the past. I think not honoring the prices offered for June is a bit of a disappointment to the community.

So I'd ask that you reconsider your decision from earlier today, and honor the prices in the below spreadsheet for all tentative purchases made in June.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EjW1s66T75vnWh7WSzuP0vxcx1vdwlqCm2JOmlVlPOg/edit#gid=0

ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 03:54:26 PM

good points, but we need to weigh it comparing to the other hand. selling a lot of unlocked tokens at half the market price is not good for anyone. no?

Tau-Chain & Agoras
newf1986

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:56:25 PM

How about buying back tokens instead of giving us a bonus token. Bonus token will only cause dilution in value. Which is something NO ONE WANTS.

If you commit to buying back some coins instead of the bonus, I will buy another 10k. As I see true value in you buying shares, I see absolutely zero value in my position size getting bigger and it becoming worth less.

I believe in you and your tech. I'm fine with you raising money, I don't want to be down rounded or diluted. I'm willing to pay more because the product is becoming worth more.

Also I don't want everyone to get a bonus amount of tokens and start dumping them.

So would you be willing to buy back some of your tokens in the future?  It will help us all realize that there is true value here. Even the people who quit believing in you will have their minds changed.

Why shall Ohad buy back some of the tokens?
His suggestion was reasonable for all parties- former investors, investors who purchased on Bittrex (at high rate) and the participants in the tentative sale.

The lower price (as of June's sale price) will be only for locked coins, so dumping the coins is not an option.
Suggesting 66c for unlocked coins is not the best price, but the participants in the tentative sale should get a discount for investing before the deadline.

Ohad has already showed that he can be trusted. A few hours ago he refunded someone who asked to do so. His intention is not to raise funds (he declared more than once that he has enough fubds ro complete the project), but to meet the expectetions of the investors on the tentative sale and to maintain reasonable distribution of the tokens.

Most of the investors I know and myself are holding the coins untill the development will be completed.
I suggest you do the same.
iCoinWatch

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:01:11 PM

Why shall Ohad buy back some of the tokens?
His suggestion was reasonable for all parties- former investors, investors who purchased on Bittrex (at high rate) and the participants in the tentative sale.

The lower price (as of June's sale price) will be only for locked coins, so dumping the coins is not an option.
Suggesting 66c for unlocked coins is not the best price, but the participants in the tentative sale should get a discount for investing before the deadline.

Ohad has already showed that he can be trusted. A few hours ago he refunded someone who asked to do so. His intention is not to raise funds (he declared more than once that he has enough fubds ro complete the project), but to meet the expectetions of the investors on the tentative sale and to maintain reasonable distribution of the tokens.

Most of the investors I know and myself are holding the coins untill the development will be completed.
I suggest you do the same.

The reason is simple, it's that he believes that this is undervalued. If he doesn't believe it's undervalued than is it worth holding?

I'm just asking about in the future would he be willing to buy some back. Of any size. If he is willing to commit to doing that in the future that is a HUGE catalyst for us all.
newf1986

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:03:18 PM

Hi Ohad,

New poster here, though I have been a follower of the project and an Agoras token holder for several months.

I want to clarify the discount factors that will apply to bulk 'tentative' token sales, and ask you to reconsider the final price.

In your post in this forum on June 29 about solving the crisis, you made it clear that any purchases at the tentative address may be refunded if the tentative tokens sold out. But you did not make it clear that you might increase the price. Indeed you mentioned in previous posts that bulk purchase at the prices shown on the Google spreadsheet would be available until the end of June.

It appears that the tokens reserved for 'tentative' purchases did not sell out. So I think that you should honor the June price of 37.6c for any purchases who sent tokens to the tentative purchase address before July 1 at midnight.

Now, maybe we have no right to complain or make demands. We are being sold tokens for below market price, so that's great!

However, those of us who believed in this project enough to purchase early deserve the full benefit of that. It's unfair that those of us who bought tokens in late June instead of early June are subject to an arbitrary price increase.

Refunding purchases to honor your commitment limiting the tokens sold is fair. Raising prices beyond what you previously offered in June is not.

I sent a lot of bitcoin to that purchase address based on my trust in you, and observing that you had always kept your commitments in the past. I think not honoring the prices offered for June is a bit of a disappointment to the community.

So I'd ask that you reconsider your decision from earlier today, and honor the prices in the below spreadsheet for all tentative purchases made in June.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EjW1s66T75vnWh7WSzuP0vxcx1vdwlqCm2JOmlVlPOg/edit#gid=0

Ohad could have refund all of the deposits in the tentative sale, as he stated.  However, he decided to think on the broad consequences for the project, former investors and new joiners.

Your suggestion will reduce the price and can lead to further loses to people who bought the coins at the peak.

Ohad's suggestion is more than reasonable.

BTW, if you want the June's price (like you suggested), you can easily ask Ohad to unlock the coin to get it.
goblinman

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:05:43 PM

good points, but we need to weigh it comparing to the other hand. selling a lot of unlocked tokens at half the market price is not good for anyone. no?

ohad, I have heard you will finally publish the white paper this month, July 2017. Can you confirm, is this true? We will finally see the white paper in coming weeks? If not what is the next milestone for supporters to look forward to? Please provide some dates, at least for white paper, approximately..
newf1986

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:10:42 PM

The reason is simple, it's that he believes that this is undervalued. If he doesn't believe it's undervalued than is it worth holding?

I'm just asking about in the future would he be willing to buy some back. Of any size. If he is willing to commit to doing that in the future that is a HUGE catalyst for us all.

It doesn't really matter if Ohad thinks the project is undervalued, but rather the investors and the comunnity think so.
I suggest you read rhe entire thread to see Ohad's commitment and thoughts about the project.

There are risks in any project or investments, so I can't understand why he shall act to reduce this natural risk. Buy if you think the price is reasonable, or sale otherwise.  
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 04:13:17 PM

there are no estimated dates. i can only state that i hope the paper and the alpha to be ready in 2017. but that's not an estimate, that's merely a hope.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
medstudent

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 04:23:23 PM

Hi Ohad,

Posts like this is why we need SET rules (that can't be changed) and a set website that shares all those rules (through blog posts). You guys might think a new and active website isn't a priority, but it greatly is.

I'm very disappointed in the fact that after three years the website isn't being used and all the talk is on this forum. So unprofessional it's not even funny. There should be a team to manage all these requests, not Ohad doing everything himself. You should be coming once in a while to update on the progress of your project while letting someone on your team should do most of the talking here. This will also ensure that you can solely work on the project without worrying about what is going on here.

You have enough money now but what are you doing with it? Where are these funds going to? Have you shown us a plan on how these funds will be allocated?

Ohad, you seriously need to update your website if you want some more support for your project. You need to update a new white paper ASAP with a timeline of what is to come... and you HAVE to try to meet the goals at the time you have stated... YOU CANNOT meet your goals without having a date set to reach them. Without a set out plan, your goals will NEVER be reached.

THIS is why you NEED to update your white paper and update on how you are going to use the funds. The more pressure you have to complete a project, the harder you will work on it. And the best way to get that pressure is having a set date on when you are going to complete the project.

I saw a post from Apr 2016 saying how you were going to update the UI for your website, it doesn't look like anything has been done on that end. The website is a crucial part of success too. Of course, the product is the main thing, but theres nothing wrong with hiring a web developer.

Others might disagree, but I have been researching AGRS in several different websites. The main problem people have before investing is the website. They think it looks like a scam and that it hasn't been updated in so long that the project looks like it was abandoned months ago. If you look online, this is the only place to get any news for AGRS. That's not good man.

You HAVE enough money now to get this done, you have enough money now to work solely on getting alpha tau platform running. I expect no more excuses from you. I don't mind waiting another year for your project to be done, but you have to update us on what the fuck you are doing and what your plans are for the rest of the year.

And FFS stop changing your rules all the time. Stick to one thing and stop taking advice from everyone on this board. You can read public opinion, but in the end the decision is yours. The more you flip flop on stuff the less confidence we have in you.

The more I'm reading about this project, the more and more potential I see. But you need to update us, the people who have supported you thus far, on what the fuck you are doing. WE NEED MOTHER FUCKIN TIMELINES and a white paper ASAP. And for the love of god, update your website to modern times. Not something a middle schooler made in his computer science class.

iCoinWatch

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:28:51 PM

It doesn't really matter if Ohad thinks the project is undervalued, but rather the investors and the comunnity think so.
I suggest you read rhe entire thread to see Ohad's commitment and thoughts about the project.

There are risks in any project or investments, so I can't understand why he shall act to reduce this natural risk. Buy if you think the price is reasonable, or sale otherwise.  

US tax laws keep me from selling. They are reported first in first out. My first large amount was bought well above the current price. If I sell now I won't be able to write off the loss from that because of profit from my buying the dip habits. Which is FIFO.

If I can get a solid commitment I will not be selling just because I'm profitable.

I'm not asking for a time line or date. I am simply asking that instead of a bonus token gift, would he do a buy back of any size.

Bonus tokens will make the value of EVERYONES holdings go down. There will be a much larger supply of coins unleashed, and no one should accept dilution, or want dilution!

I'm not sure if you just don't understand the concept of why what I'm proposing will do more for us.
earlycoin

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:41:25 PM

there are no estimated dates. i can only state that i hope the paper and the alpha to be ready in 2017. but that's not an estimate, that's merely a hope.

I can't believe this! This is like talking to a child! Ohad people invested money into this! We deserve more from you! At least try and work on your PR skills or send us someone we can talk to!

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: