Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:06:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR vs DRK  (Read 69691 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wickedindabed

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:50:07 PM

Lol; keccak is not the proof of work function, cryptonight is - and DARKCOIN USES KECCAK IN X11 YOU .....

Now we know it, thx to your own goal - Darkcoin is a government scam.
Hehe, well, since it's a quote from wikipedia I figured "cryptonight" is some kind of misconception. If not - fine.
My goal is not to prove that Monero is a government hoax, but since Monero is based on Bytecoin - which has evil written all over it - it seems like people would need to hear the background details before jumping on to your (Monero investors) advertisement.

That. And also, Im a Dash fanboy, its simply the real deal. Much fun, instant transactions and coin scrambling. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alz

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:50:54 PM

Darkcoin = NSA coin

Is it true ?

Hilarious!  Grin Grin Grin

You do realise this is a PUBLIC forum and your output is laid bare for all to see?

Evan came up with x11 and it was absolutely revolutionary and as such has been widely used and cloned into x13 ,x15 ect

there has been no credible evidence presented that it is insecure in any way.

Evan D is totally out in the open his picture and personal info is in the public domain.
How about you Mr Smooth?  care to come out from behind your shadowy pseudonym?

BTC - 1GJ2dWf8WBznTtkuuof3WTBXQAULaqVGYj LTC - LTyCKKCGHJQZwsh5YhyzGeee4womQwChUU DASH - Xp5pq62dgJxmbhawyNtWMKT9Rst8JgNCY7
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:51:18 PM

None of this proves it was not an accident, but given the fairly strong circumstantial case, I'm going to not only stay away, but advise other people to stay away.

Yes you seem to be devoting quite some time to this. How noble!

Thank you.

What other benevolent work do you do? Amnesty? Oxfam?

None of your damn business
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:53:14 PM

Darkcoin = NSA coin

Is it true ?

You do realise this is a PUBLIC forum and your output is laid bare for all to see?

Evan came up with x11 and it was absolutely revolutionary and as such has been widely used and cloned into x13 ,x15 ect

LOL

The 11 in x11 refers to the 11 SHA3 candidates which was exactly source of the original claim of NSA involvement.

care to come out from behind your shadowy pseudonym?

Not at this time
alz

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:56:46 PM

Darkcoin = NSA coin

Is it true ?

LOL

The 11 in x11 refers to the 11 SHA3 candidates which was exactly source of the original claim of NSA involvement.

Not at this time

I see , well when you associate with the person behind the Hashfast scam that is hardly surprising I suppose.

BTC - 1GJ2dWf8WBznTtkuuof3WTBXQAULaqVGYj LTC - LTyCKKCGHJQZwsh5YhyzGeee4womQwChUU DASH - Xp5pq62dgJxmbhawyNtWMKT9Rst8JgNCY7
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:56:55 PM

Lol; keccak is not the proof of work function, cryptonight is - and DARKCOIN USES KECCAK IN X11 YOU .....

Hehe, well, since it's a quote from wikipedia I figured "cryptonight" is some kind of misconception. If not - fine.
My goal is not to prove that Monero is a government hoax, but since Monero is based on Bytecoin - which has evil written all over it - it seems like people would need to hear the background details before jumping on to your (Monero investors) advertisement.

That. And also, Im a Dash fanboy, its simply the real deal. Much fun, instant transactions and coin scrambling. Smiley

No its pretty damn good at what it does; GPUs are only a bit faster than CPUs - unlike the x11 hoax which got totally gpu and fpga raped (it was advertised as CPU coin).

"The other thing to stare at in a more modern sense than the old CRAM (or berkeley's iram) is the effect that tsv-stacked DRAM [1] will have on memory-hard PoW functions.  This is something I don't think the current set of designers appreciate to the extent necessary.  The "CryptoNight" algorithm (Bytecoin, Monero) is an example of this:  It's a gorgeous design from the perspective of matching today's CPUs well, but its ASIC parallelism on a single chip is, at present, either area-limited by putting the 2MB scratchpad on die, or external pin-bandwidth limited by the need to stream all of the accesses to an external DRAM.  A tsv-stacked DRAM architecture would blow the lid off of those limits." - Quote from DGA.

I just got a screenshot of a friend who tried to use darksend and it took 14 hours to mix his lousy 280 coins with 2 rounds - is that what you guys call an InstantTX? Totally unuseable in ecommerce - even worse when he had send the money to someone he combined the outputs and i had to explain him that he just deanonymized himself Sad

No it got broken and GPU raped after a few days - totally revolutionary - it's a copy of Quarks algo which introduced a bad mistake and thats why it got raped so damn fast.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:58:47 PM

<5% of supply was mined in the first day

Amount instamined: about 2 million (1.5 million within 8 hours)
Current supply: 5,225,476

38.27%

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:01:10 PM

Can we talk about this instant transaction thing. How does it supposedly work? In the world of crypto there are only 2 ways of doing transactions instantly. A trust based system or centralization. Has dark somehow over turned the metaphorical laws of gravity in the world of crypto or do they use one of those two. If they use one of those two what is the justification?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 10:02:51 PM

This is supposed to be XMR vs DRK, but I mostly see attacks on DRK and not much praise for XMR. So a list, that hopefully will be useful for genuinely curious people (I want to believe there will be some):

What's so special about Monero

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
wickedindabed

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:03:54 PM

No its pretty damn good at what it does; GPUs are only a bit faster than CPUs - unlike the x11 hoax which got totally gpu and fpga raped (it was advertised as CPU coin).

"The other thing to stare at in a more modern sense than the old CRAM (or berkeley's iram) is the effect that tsv-stacked DRAM [1] will have on memory-hard PoW functions.  This is something I don't think the current set of designers appreciate to the extent necessary.  The "CryptoNight" algorithm (Bytecoin, Monero) is an example of this:  It's a gorgeous design from the perspective of matching today's CPUs well, but its ASIC parallelism on a single chip is, at present, either area-limited by putting the 2MB scratchpad on die, or external pin-bandwidth limited by the need to stream all of the accesses to an external DRAM.  A tsv-stacked DRAM architecture would blow the lid off of those limits." - Quote from DGA.

I just got a screenshot of a friend who tried to use darksend and it took 14 hours to mix his lousy 280 coins with 2 rounds - is that what you guys call an InstantTX? Totally unuseable in ecommerce - even worse when he had send the money to someone he combined the outputs and i had to explain him that he just deanonymized himself Sad
One thing we have to remember is that most people are not miners. The miner,  is someone who contributes to the network and helps keep it running. Then there is the investors, the investors can make or lose money, some get in really early and buy huge chunks of the coin and fucks up the distribution.
Then there are the users, they don't care about the price just prefer a stable price, so that they can buy and sell stuff without too much fluctuation. They want a solid network that can problems out of their business(government tax, slow transactions, etc.)

We are at a stage which mainly circles around miners and investors, therefore people are simply yelling at each other and promoting their stake.
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:04:31 PM

Anon:

The masternodes lock the tx, even if a conflicting valid transaction gets mined they reject the block its in.

This opens a nice sort of attack where you can split the network (i.e. isolating MNs from each other)

XMRvsDRK (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:05:10 PM

Is it impossible to discuss this without devolving into the gutter? Damn people I did not think that I would be hitting the delete button 8 times in 3 pages. Be civil please.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:05:40 PM

Can we talk about this instant transaction thing. How does it supposedly work? In the world of crypto there are only 2 ways of doing transactions instantly. A trust based system or centralization. Has dark somehow over turned the metaphorical laws of gravity in the world of crypto or do they use one of those two. If they use one of those two what is the justification?

Centralized masternodes are trusted
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:07:53 PM

mos tof this discussion is happening at this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985039.0
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:08:15 PM

Darkcoin = NSA coin

Is it true ?

LOL

Not at this time

I see , well when you associate with the person behind the Hashfast scam that is hardly surprising I suppose.

I don't find the claim that iCEBREAKER is behind the hashfast scam to be terribly credible but in any case I have no association with him other than posting on the same forum and having some of the same views (but occasionally opposing views).

I guess this post and the one I'm quoting should probably both be deleted as OT though
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:09:05 PM

mos tof this discussion is happening at this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985039.0

Off topic thread promoting spam IMO
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 10:10:13 PM

Centralized masternodes are trusted

But they shouldn't be!

Per Nick Szabo, the entire '2nd tier' BS is a result of the developers' laziness or lack of intelligence.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
majamina

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:13:47 PM

<5% of supply was mined in the first day

Amount instamined: about 2 million (1.5 million within 8 hours)
Current supply: 5,225,476

38.27%

I bought my DRK for dust months after the supposed instamine and mined a fair few at profit also. Anyone else could have done the same. All this whining now is people who didn't bet on DRK and are utterly enraged that it's the leading marketcap anon coin. If the devs have a nice chunk of coins then good luck to them, they're doing a great job and keep on delivering, time after time after time.

This moral crusade of XMR white knights vs DRK instamine scammers is just fucking tired, boring and ultimately ignored by the market. So what's the point?

Much better to spend 8 hours of your day doing good voluntary work than attacking coins, if you think you really are so benevolent. Some may see that point of view as trolling - I just see it as calling you out for what you really are - not a benevolent forum member with new investors interests at heart, just a bitter fuck.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:14:12 PM

Is it impossible to discuss this without devolving into the gutter? Damn people I did not think that I would be hitting the delete button 8 times in 3 pages. Be civil please.

Make sure to share the workload or else it will run you raged. No mortal can do this alone. I, for one, greatly appreciate your sacrifice.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
XMRvsDRK (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:16:26 PM

Just to be transparent:

I posted the exact same message about this OP in both the Official Dark/Dash OP and Official Monero OP. The one in the Dark/Dash OP was deleted by bitcointalk staff.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: