Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:02:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR vs DRK  (Read 69688 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:07:31 AM

Keep in mind that with Monero, it would be extremely difficult for law enforcement to know you even have a wallet, let alone which wallet they'd need to demand a viewkey from (thanks to stealth addressing). This becomes even more unlikely operating behind tor/i2p.

Nice !

If your holed up in a forest waiting for the end of the world, use Monero.

If you want to be part of the human race and use regular *visible* digital cash that's private & untraceable - use Dash !  Wink

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, but if you're implying that a transparent ledger will somehow yield superior fungibility, then it's an argument you will lose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 04:09:00 AM

Keep in mind that with Monero, it would be extremely difficult for law enforcement to know you even have a wallet, let alone which wallet they'd need to demand a viewkey from (thanks to stealth addressing). This becomes even more unlikely operating behind tor/i2p.

Nice !

If your holed up in a forest waiting for the end of the world, use Monero.

If you want to be part of the human race and use regular *visible* digital cash that's private & untraceable - use Dash !  Wink

Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:15:07 AM

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, but if you're implying that a transparent ledger is somehow superior for fungibility, then it's an argument you will lose.
snip-

You've lied once toknormal and stated things that were troll-like all within the last two pages of this thread. Interesting.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:24:16 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 04:34:36 AM by Johnny Mnemonic

No money works unless you can demonstrate that you spent it (if you so wish) and to whom.

P.S. What your favourite wallet looks like....

... a piece of garbage (like what it holds)

Expert rebuttal. I suppose the dollar bills in my pocket don't work either then? After all, I can't "demonstrate" their expenditure Smiley

Oh, and I like our modest wallet. Without it folks like yourself would have nothing left to troll us about Wink

EDIT: By the way, that's not even the wallet. Troll harder.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:37:02 AM

No money works unless you can demonstrate that you spent it (if you so wish) and to whom.

P.S. What your favourite wallet looks like....

... a piece of garbage (like what it holds)

Expert rebuttal. I suppose the dollar bills in my pocket don't work either then? After all, I can't "demonstrate" their expenditure Smiley

Oh, and I like our modest wallet. Without it folks like yourself would have nothing left to troll us about Wink

EDIT: By the way, that's not even the wallet. Troll harder.

Also monero does provide a means for demonstrating that you spent (if you wish) and to whom...

query getviewkey? am i missing something?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:55:03 AM

what a stupid troll, bitmonerod is not even the wallet.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 06:37:51 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 07:23:37 AM by generalizethis

Having to read through five pages of that was painful. But note to Monerians in their exchanges with x-dark-dashians, they tend to base their presumptions about anonymity on most, if not all, masternode operators using best practices, which as we saw with mix-in levels, is rarely the case.

Pretty simple, math is always better at best practices every time than moody humans who might not care or have their mind on something else or be ignorant of said practices...or just have someone else run their node who doesn't care or be in shitty-mode or not even know what best practices are....

Hence, why a coin that assumes people don't use best practices every time and is developed accordingly is better than a coin that assumes humans are acting in the coins best interest and follow best practices every time--so there's no need to bother speculating on how to solve issues of human inconsistency. Practical Paranoia Vs. Chimerical Rationalization.

If you assume everyone is acting in accordance to your wishes, you've presumed you're greater than God.

If you assume everyone is acting against your wishes, you're writing protocol.

megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:12:03 AM

Ok, I'll just c/p some here, don't have time to make it look pretty.

I'm not here to argue whether the instamined coins are still being held by the instaminers or were sold off. I don' care about that, that doesn't matter, What matters is that the instamine happened anyway and nothing was done to stop it, mainly because Evan benefitted greatly from it(Being the first one there and all). The point is that the instamine happened where over 2million Dashes were mined in less than 2 days, and the block reward and coin supply(Two things that according to Satoshi should never be touched) were absolutely defecated on when they were cut by more than half of their original amounts. That's basically a scam and there's no way around it.

Masternodes undermine the entire point of the blockchain, where activities such as that should be on(Another reason why Coinjoin implemented in the coin is stupid), having such important activities as anonymity being provided by external nodes is just like using mixers for Bitcoins, which makes dash irrelevant.

It's "undermined", no pun intended, because that's the reason the blockchain was created in the first place, to do away with relying on trust aka someone to set up a masternode so you can mix your coins. Dashes entire masternode concept is based upon trust, which Satoshi did away with through Bitcoin. All Dash is doing is reversing that and heading back to centralization and trust. Bitcoin mixers are operated by third parties, so is Dashes masternodes. Point? In fact, there are already plans in the works of creating a decentralized bitcoin mixer, so that itself would make Dash irrelevant as well, since that mixer would deliver the same amount of anonymity that Dash can/could ever deliver(Though it's still less than ring signatures/zeocash).

So after everybody seems to like trolling in here, i should perhaps troll a bit, too !

I hope you are not invested in Monero, because if you are, you should have read at least the ANN Thread of Monero and there you'll find the following:
"A minimum subsidy may be implemented in the future with <1% annual inflation to preserve mining incentives."

So in the end you could have invested in a coin, which could get defecated in the future (at least thats what you told us about changing the blockreward)!

• PoW algorithm: CryptoNight [1]
  • Max supply: ~18.4 million [2]
  • Block reward: Smoothly varying [3]
  • Block time: 60 seconds
  • Difficulty: Retargets at every block

[1] CPU + GPU mining (about 1:1 performance for now). Memory-bound by design using AES encryption and several SHA-3 candidates.
[2] Actual number of atomic units is M = 264 - 1. A minimum subsidy may be implemented in the future with <1% annual inflation to preserve mining incentives.
[3] Uses a recurrence relation. Block reward = (M - A) * 2-20 * 10-12, where A = current circulation. Roughly 86% mined in 4 years (see graph).

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:14:18 AM

Actually people behind Monero are not driven by greed, rotten smelly greed
megges

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:18:18 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 08:29:41 AM by megges

Actually people behind Monero are not driven by greed, rotten smelly greed

I don't see what that has to do with my comment, the quote i posted from Joshuar said (in my own words) if you change the blockreward of a coin, its defecated , and then, read the announce of monero, there it tells you that XMR wants perhaps to change the blockreward in the future, so if Joshuar is thinking that this could defecat a coin, he obv should not invest in Monero, because they will perhaps do that in the future like stated in the announce topic.

So whats that all about greed??? - nothing to do with that

PS: Yes i have no intend to bring anything valueable to this discussion thread, like all the other trolls in here, thats why i called my post myself a troll posting - it just seems that thats the intend of this thread, so i gave up explaining things in here, and just joined the majority in here.

5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:30:27 AM

I don't see what that has to do with my comment, the quote i posted from Joshuar said (in my own words) if you change the blockreward of a coin, its defecated

You are ignorant of Monero and you need to learn more about the English language, because defecated neither makes sense in your usage nor is factual in reference to the minimum miner subsidy that will likely be implemented years from now, once the stated basis emission has been reached.
megges

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:31:56 AM

I don't see what that has to do with my comment, the quote i posted from Joshuar said (in my own words) if you change the blockreward of a coin, its defecated

You are ignorant of Monero and you need to learn more about the English language, because defecated neither makes sense in your usage nor is factual in reference to the minimum miner subsidy that will likely be implemented years from now, once the stated basis emission has been reached.

Yeah i know it was spelled wrong, but because Joshuar spelled it wrong in the first place, i thought of just leaving it that way.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 08:36:02 AM

I'm not here to argue whether the instamined coins are still being held by the instaminers or were sold off. I don' care about that, that doesn't matter, What matters is that the instamine happened anyway and nothing was done to stop it, mainly because Evan benefitted greatly from it(Being the first one there and all). The point is that the instamine happened where over 2million Dashes were mined in less than 2 days, and the block reward and coin supply(Two things that according to Satoshi should never be touched) were absolutely defecated on when they were cut by more than half of their original amounts. That's basically a scam and there's no way around it.

Masternodes undermine the entire point of the blockchain, where activities such as that should be on(Another reason why Coinjoin implemented in the coin is stupid), having such important activities as anonymity being provided by external nodes is just like using mixers for Bitcoins, which makes dash irrelevant.

It's "undermined", no pun intended, because that's the reason the blockchain was created in the first place, to do away with relying on trust aka someone to set up a masternode so you can mix your coins. Dashes entire masternode concept is based upon trust, which Satoshi did away with through Bitcoin. All Dash is doing is reversing that and heading back to centralization and trust. Bitcoin mixers are operated by third parties, so is Dashes masternodes. Point? In fact, there are already plans in the works of creating a decentralized bitcoin mixer, so that itself would make Dash irrelevant as well, since that mixer would deliver the same amount of anonymity that Dash can/could ever deliver(Though it's still less than ring signatures/zeocash).

So after everybody seems to like trolling in here, i should perhaps troll a bit, too !

I hope you are not invested in Monero, because if you are, you should have read at least the ANN Thread of Monero and there you'll find the following:
"A minimum subsidy may be implemented in the future with <1% annual inflation to preserve mining incentives."

So in the end you could have invested in a coin, which could get defecated in the future (at least thats what you told us about changing the blockreward)!

[1] CPU + GPU mining (about 1:1 performance for now). Memory-bound by design using AES encryption and several SHA-3 candidates.
[2] Actual number of atomic units is M = 264 - 1. A minimum subsidy may be implemented in the future with <1% annual inflation to preserve mining incentives.
[3] Uses a recurrence relation. Block reward = (M - A) * 2-20 * 10-12, where A = current circulation. Roughly 86% mined in 4 years (see graph).

See bolded

Yeah, that's gonna kill a coin: incentivizing miners while adding a paltry inflation.  Roll Eyes

You're adding 184,000 max a year in mining incentive in the later years, when most likely, quantum money will be coming online and phasing out all current cryptocurrencies. Who gives a shit? Monero is built with privacy now and implementing a system for the near-term future, not a get-quick-rich scheme intended to flush money into the hands of a few without regard to how this affects the network or actual use. What's better for miners? Incentivizing them for as long as they mine or pushing money to masternode (amwaynode) hoarders?

megges

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:38:17 AM

See bolded

Yeah, that's gonna kill a coin: incentivizing miners while adding a paltry inflation.  Roll Eyes

You're adding 184,000 max a year in mining incentive in the later years, when most likely, quantum money will be coming online and phasing out all current cryptocurrencies. Who gives a shit? Monero is built with privacy now and implementing a system for the near-term future, not a get-quick-rich scheme intended to flush money into the hands of a few without regard to how this affects the network or actual use. What's better for miners? Incentivizing them for as long as they mine or pushing money to masternode (amwaynode) hoarders?

Obv Joshuar seems to give a shit about it ... at least that was his argument! (It was not mine)

qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:38:53 AM

Darkcoin cannot think of its own name, that is all i need to know
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:39:05 AM

The concept of changing the block reward must be a complex one. It is not a change when Bitcoin goes from 50 to 25 to 12.5 because that was all stated up front. Same with the <1% inflation block reward in Monero. Won't happen for 7-8 more years or so, and stated up front.
megges

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:41:45 AM

The concept of changing the block reward must be a complex one. It is not a change when Bitcoin goes from 50 to 25 to 12.5 because that was all stated up front. Same with the <1% inflation block reward in Monero. Won't happen for 7-8 more years or so, and stated up front.

You have to argue this with Joshuar not with me,
He was the one who told us that Two things that according to Satoshi should never be touched - NEVER, he said, so its irrelevant if it would be changed in 5 or 10 years. Or it was told upfront.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 08:55:30 AM

He was the one who told us that Two things that according to Satoshi should never be touched - NEVER, he said, so its irrelevant if it would be changed in 5 or 10 years. Or it was told upfront.

It's Joshuar's argument and you don't agree with it--so...

Invalidating Joshuar's argument doesn't validate x-dark-dash coin anymore than validating Joshuar's argument invalidate monero. So...

Satoshi isn't sacrosanct. So...

thanks for adding nothing

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:00:28 AM

I guess we better put bitcoin back to 50 BTC/block then. Works for me that I'll get double of everything I mined in late 2013 and 2014. Who knew!
megges

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:09:42 AM

It's Joshuar's argument and you don't agree with it--so...

Invalidating Joshuar's argument doesn't validate x-dark-dash coin anymore than validating Joshuar's argument invalidate monero. So...

Satoshi isn't sacrosanct. So...

thanks for adding nothing

?? Reading is not that easy as it seems ... i don't invalidated his argument - i just tried to follow the herd ... which seems to be the trolls in here.
Also i did say nothing about DRK in my comment. Please try reading it again.

I thought adding nothing was the intend of this thread or why did i read about 100 times the same, isn't the thread for exactly that?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: