Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:04:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR vs DRK  (Read 69699 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 09:18:06 PM

The purported high yields for the "Masternode" investment product are a much larger issue, especially from a law enforcement perspective.

You don't have to be Matlock or Johnny Cochran to notice it's a criminal operation.

Its funny that you invoke a fictional character and a lawyer who has made a name for himself getting rich people off on technicalities even in instances when they have committed murder!

but I digress.

the Masternodes are rewarded for providing a valuable and integral service to the network in the same way miner process transactions and are rewarded for the work they provide.

Are you suggesting that all POW coins are illegal too?

Yes, the quip was intended to be funny.  Good job, your humor detector is working properly!   Smiley

I didn't say anything about "all POW coins."  That is another debate, for another time, and off-topic here.

Defending the blatantly illegal particulars of DARK by retreating into generalities about all POW coins is a losing strategy!  Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
alz

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:18:38 PM

No thank you. I'll just let you repeat that embarrassing evidence of incompetence on your part for a while, then maybe.

on the subject of "embarrassing evidence" should you not be spending more time developing XMR?
Hardly looks good that you spend so much time shit stirring on here.

BTC - 1GJ2dWf8WBznTtkuuof3WTBXQAULaqVGYj LTC - LTyCKKCGHJQZwsh5YhyzGeee4womQwChUU DASH - Xp5pq62dgJxmbhawyNtWMKT9Rst8JgNCY7
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:19:39 PM

The way I see it there is no completely perfect solution to the problem of how to handle decentralised trustless value transfer systems.

On one hand you have XMR and all the other countless cryptonote clone coins which while an interesting experiment into anonymity have proven over the last year or so to be unworkable as mass adoption value transfer systems.
the main stumbling blocks of the Cryptonote clones is is the blockchain bloat that completely rules out mass adoption. if XMR had BTC levels of usage the blockchain bloat would render it unusable overnight.
The second problem is that the ring signatures are exploitable under certain circumstances so the likelihood of serious development taking place to find a solution to the bloat issue is severely reduced.
Why would any professional developer spend the required time to fix the bloat issue if there are other fundamental issues regarding the anonymity provided by the ring signature system?
the final nail in the coffin for mass adoption of cryptonote derived coins is the fact that mercant adoption is hapered significantly by the fact that the API is incompatible platforms developed for BTC, this means that to implement XMP payments a whole new payment platform would have to developed and tested which a huge an potentially disastrous proposition.

DRK/DASH on the other hand has none of the above issues and has the huge benefit of the 2 tier masternode system which is already nearly a year old and provides Instant transactions world leading levels of anonimization and the potential to support future services.

To all newbies:

This is how you know Monero is a scam - the dev's don't spend any time on developing and instead are trying to troll people to *convince* them to sell the competition and buy mooneros.

Just look at the github, once a month maybe they add a line of code or fix a word list, and they still don't have a GUI?

https://github.com/iamsmooth/bitmonero/commits/master

Drk has added second tier (meaning home user's wallets can be masternodes, not centralized) plus instant transactions plus totally unique anonymity, what the hell has XMR done apart from marketing? 

And if you ask the devs about the lack of commits on the github they say things like they were there but  'I'm not sure where they all went' https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg10866344#msg10866344

he-looooo?

You're being dishonest now. I told you earlier: 1. there is a search problem on github that doesn't show most of my commits (you can however find them if you go through the main list on the project page-by-page, or use the command line tools) and 2. that I'm not the one doing most of the coding.

Furthermore if you follow the project at all you would know that the GUI isn't even at the top of our development priorities. http://getmonero.org/design-goals/

You would also know that there are five GUI wallets.

sorry I never saw you say that your missing commits were a 'search problem on github'. The message I saw you said 'I'm not sure where they all went'. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg10866344#msg10866344

But the you can prove me wrong now with a link to your comment, and the 'missing' commits?

No thank you. I'll just let you repeat that embarrassing evidence of incompetence and willingness to repeat something even after it has been pointed out as incorrect on your part for a while, then maybe.

i'll just let you keep saying i'm dishonest, then when I ask you to prove what you are saying, you say 'No thank you'. Smiley
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:20:32 PM

No thank you. I'll just let you repeat that embarrassing evidence of incompetence on your part for a while, then maybe.

on the subject of "embarrassing evidence" should you not be spending more time developing XMR?

I do both, but in any case that's none of your business since I work entirely as a volunteer and you don't have any standing to specify my activities. If I want to volunteer getting accurate information out about the project instead of coding there is no reason that I shouldn't.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:23:12 PM

The way I see it there is no completely perfect solution to the problem of how to handle decentralised trustless value transfer systems.

On one hand you have XMR and all the other countless cryptonote clone coins which while an interesting experiment into anonymity have proven over the last year or so to be unworkable as mass adoption value transfer systems.
the main stumbling blocks of the Cryptonote clones is is the blockchain bloat that completely rules out mass adoption. if XMR had BTC levels of usage the blockchain bloat would render it unusable overnight.
The second problem is that the ring signatures are exploitable under certain circumstances so the likelihood of serious development taking place to find a solution to the bloat issue is severely reduced.
Why would any professional developer spend the required time to fix the bloat issue if there are other fundamental issues regarding the anonymity provided by the ring signature system?
the final nail in the coffin for mass adoption of cryptonote derived coins is the fact that mercant adoption is hapered significantly by the fact that the API is incompatible platforms developed for BTC, this means that to implement XMP payments a whole new payment platform would have to developed and tested which a huge an potentially disastrous proposition.

DRK/DASH on the other hand has none of the above issues and has the huge benefit of the 2 tier masternode system which is already nearly a year old and provides Instant transactions world leading levels of anonimization and the potential to support future services.

To all newbies:

This is how you know Monero is a scam - the dev's don't spend any time on developing and instead are trying to troll people to *convince* them to sell the competition and buy mooneros.

Just look at the github, once a month maybe they add a line of code or fix a word list, and they still don't have a GUI?

Drk has added second tier (meaning home user's wallets can be masternodes, not centralized) plus instant transactions plus totally unique anonymity, what the hell has XMR done apart from marketing? 

And if you ask the devs about the lack of commits on the github they say things like they were there but  'I'm not sure where they all went' https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg10866344#msg10866344

he-looooo?

You're being dishonest now. I told you earlier: 1. there is a search problem on github that doesn't show most of my commits (you can however find them if you go through the main list on the project page-by-page, or use the command line tools) and 2. that I'm not the one doing most of the coding.

Furthermore if you follow the project at all you would know that the GUI isn't even at the top of our development priorities. http://getmonero.org/design-goals/

sorry I never saw you say that your missing commits were a 'search problem on github'. The message I saw you said 'I'm not sure where they all went'. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg10866344#msg10866344

But the you can prove me wrong now with a link to your comment, and the 'missing' commits?

No thank you. I'll just let you repeat that embarrassing evidence of incompetence and willingness to repeat something even after it has been pointed out as incorrect on your part for a while, then maybe.

i'll just let you keep saying i'm dishonest, then when I ask you to prove what you are saying, you say 'No thank you'. Smiley

You're on notice (for the second time), so if you repeat it again you are being dishonest again. There are more commits. I'm not the one doing most of the coding. Maybe you should learn a little about how git works if you want to play investigative reporter.

othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:23:18 PM

On XMR vs DRK, both are interesting coins. The big difference for me is that DRK is working & scalable RIGHT NOW whereas XMR is more like an experiment. The market appears to agree.

I can use Monero with mixins (aka anonymous) on mobilephones; on a webbrowser, with a normal wallet - all instant - i can't use darkcoin except with the crappy bitcoin qt wallet which makes me to waste hours to "premix" the crap - that you call working?

Narrowmindness is the only thing that stops you from being able to use Monero.

other than it makes you look like a bitter, twisted fuck

Says the lying dude, awesome - drk style.

Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:24:36 PM

Dash isn't a currency, it's masternodes take coins out of the markets. It's kind of a 2 way loss, if the masternode is up and running then at least 1,000 dash is out of the market and locked on the masternode. If the masternode isnt running then thats 1 less node thats "securing" Dash's "anonymity" and makes it more vulnerable to attack(Less amount of nodes to take down). Also, there are currently 2million Dashes locked up in masternodes, making darkcoin an extremely volatile cryptocoin, which is why it's so easy to buy/sell and the price goes up/down immidiately, meaning Dash has relatively bad liquidity and cannot be used a currency. That means since Dash can't be used as a currency, it's only other options left is being used a commodity/speculative investment, which it is and can't ever change from being.

Couple the extreme lack of liquidity from over 2milion entire Dashes themselves being tied up in masternodes, to the initial instamine where another 2million were mined by very few people, and that means Dash is an extremely Illiquid cryptocoin. So regular users wont be able to buy Dashes unless they like moving the price a lot everytime they buy/sell. Also, some people would say(That's what denominations is for), well that would be true If there was no masternode locking up 1,000 Dashes per node and if there wasn't a instamine where 2million dashes were mined in less than 2 days. Even if you use a smaller unit of account, there would be a substantial amount of coins "missing" and people generally do not like using decimal systems, especially for a cryptocoin that has a relatively low price(Bitcoin excluded since it's price is relatively "high" and denominations are actually useful in that situation, not for any other cryptocoin though).

Next, Dash isn't a "legitimate" coin. The instamine happened where the block reward and coin supply were drastically changed, it doesn't matter what happened with the coins, it doesn't matter if the original instaminers are holding all their instamined coins or if they sold already. The point is that it happened, where things that are never supposed to be changed, were completely defecated on. That destroys the entire purpose of being a cryptocurrency, where its "parameters" as some call it, should never be changed, lest you create huge inequality. Dash's "parameters" being changed so drastically shows that the coin was never decentralized, and honestly can't be taken seriously. It's pretty scam-like that it happened.

The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime.
-

Then there's the masternode and how masternodes themselves bring up lots more vectors of attack, dangers of centralization, spying, etc etc. Too many flaws for me to type without writing out a 5 page essay.

None of the points you raise has any basis in reality!

There is no liquidity issue with a currency that is divisible to 8 decimal places!
look at this weeks volume on the exchanges, we have seen 100BTC buy orders stacking  all over the place with steady increases everyday, if someone try to buy 100BTC of XMR it would send monero up by 1000%...

Lastly check out Kristov Altas's excellent review of Darksend and the mastenode network none of your concerns are an issue.
There are no attack vectors with masternodes , they are completely blind to transactions.

What...?

As far as I see there are no other "smaller versions" of a single Dash, there's no Dashtoshi, nada. So liquidity is a huge problem as of now, and in the future should there be more denominations that are used, it'd still be a problem, just do the math for the 2-4million coins out of circulation(counting the instamine or not, doesnt matter) and multiply by the denominations widely used and you see just how Illiquid it is. Being Illiquid means that it's easier to higher/lower the price with much smaller buy/sell orders than compared to something else of relatively the same price that's liquid, which is true. That also means Dash can/could never be used a currency, just for "investing" in.

Not true, I wont get into that, but he was paid to review dashes code when it was closed source, but a amateur coder found a breaking flaw in darksends anonymity hours after it was open sourced. Then theres the issue of masternode hosting online, and how should an organization want to get rid of dashes masternodes, they can have them cut off from the servers theyre hosted on online. Then theres the issue of someone owning too large a % of masternodes, potential spying, potentially reversing dashes coinjoin and more.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
majamina

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:24:41 PM

Says the lying dude, awesome - drk style.

what lies did i tell?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 09:27:19 PM

I do both, but in any case that's none of your business since I work entirely as a volunteer and you don't have any standing to specify my activities. If I want to volunteer getting accurate information out about the project instead of coding there is no reason that I shouldn't.

Translation:  "Boo-hoo, someone wrote something on the internet that hurt my feelings!"   Cry   Cry   Cry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
majamina

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:29:09 PM

Translation:  "Boo-hoo, someone wrote something on the internet that hurt my feelings!"   Cry   Cry   Cry

Do you really think that? How cute.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:29:43 PM

Monero folks decided not to touch the emission curve while it was discussed for long period (I was against keeping emission like it is now personally).
The main argument was, it creates people trust not to change the emission.

Did you Darkcoin change the emission?

I have to admit their pump is impressive (after all, it is approaching LTC), however I am doubtful if it will last. In crypto there are sudden pumps followed by bloody dumps. Some time ago Auroracoin costed some serious money and now it is crab.
The pump costs a lot of money and if there is no network effect, the money is wasted. However, pumps potentially creates network effects and Dark has now its momentum. We will see if it will last.

I am not so technical so I am not that interested in if coin is premine/instamine etc as long as there is at least some kind of development going on or people in the world that know how to develope a coin. I do not call instamines scams necessarily (Monero is kind of instamine but much slower phase than some other coins).

I am DRK virgin myself and not going to buy a coin that I am not used to own or a coin that has some serious scam alerts/trolling all around.
Monero sure had its trolling but it was mainly focused on Risto's personality and his taste of cigars.
wickedindabed

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:32:27 PM

Look at it this way:

*Darkcoin appeared early 2014, no other coin or developer (with the exception of darkwallet for bitcoin) was even trying to achieve anonymity.

*Evan and the other devs managed to get anon working a few months later.

*In May 2014 people realized the value of anonymity, price exploded. Pretty much the exact time that Darkcoin rise in value, an unknown coin(Bytecoin) and CryptoNote technology appears. They claim to have been active in the darknet since 2012(!!) yet the blockchain is smaller than monero's.

*The CryptoNote technology is highly sophisticated, and people speculate that it can have connections to NSA:

"Keccak hash has been chosen as a proof-of-work function in CryptoNote several months before it has been announced as SHA-3 hash function competition winner.

Using non-deterministic random in CryptoNote signatures might be a backdoor intentionally left by NSA in reference implementation."
(from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote)

Since the release of Bytecoin/CryptoNote, many shitcoin-clones appeared. Compared to the developement Darkcoin has undergone, Monero is still just a clone.

Summary:

Since CryptoNote is developed by some strange, obscure group of people, there might be some backdoor: "Using non-deterministic random in CryptoNote signatures might be a backdoor intentionally left by NSA in reference implementation."

Darkcoin distribution is ultimately of no significance since it wasn't even anonymous at launch. There was no incentive for potential instaminers to hold their share.

All coins have more or less the same level of distribution:

Bitcoin Top 100 addresses own: 20.07% of total supply
Litecoin Top 100 addresses own: 45.37% of total supply
Darkcoin Top 100 addresses own:  27.52% of total supply
Dogecoin Top 100 addresses own: 43.25% of total supply

https://bitinfocharts.com/
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:35:14 PM

To all newbies:

And if you ask the devs about the lack of commits on the github they say things like they were there but  'I'm not sure where they all went' https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg10866344#msg10866344

he-looooo?

You're on notice (for the second time), so if you repeat it again you are being dishonest again. There are more commits. I'm not the one doing most of the coding. Maybe you should learn a little about how git works if you want to play investigative reporter.

lol, you NEVER SAID that. so YOU ARE DISHONEST.

or post a link to where you said it?  What happens now, my post get's deleted?Huh

you are approaching Alex Green Moolah scam level. (in slimeyness terms)

ffs
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:37:15 PM

Look at it this way:

*Darkcoin appeared early 2014, no other coin or developer (with the exception of darkwallet for bitcoin) was even trying to achieve anonymity.

*In May 2014 people realized the value of anonymity, price exploded. Pretty much the exact time that Darkcoin rise in value, an unknown coin(Bytecoin) and CryptoNote technology appears. They claim to have been active in the darknet since 2012(!!) yet the blockchain is smaller than monero's.

*The CryptoNote technology is highly sophisticated, and people speculate that it can have connections to NSA:

"Keccak hash has been chosen as a proof-of-work function in CryptoNote several months before it has been announced as SHA-3 hash function competition winner.

Using non-deterministic random in CryptoNote signatures might be a backdoor intentionally left by NSA in reference implementation."
(from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote)

Since the release of Bytecoin/CryptoNote, many shitcoin-clones appeared. Compared to the developement Darkcoin has undergone, Monero is still just a clone.

Summary:

Since CryptoNote is developed by some strange, obscure group of people, there might be some backdoor: "Using non-deterministic random in CryptoNote signatures might be a backdoor intentionally left by NSA in reference implementation."

Darkcoin distribution is ultimately of no significance since it wasn't even anonymous at launch. There was no incentive for potential instaminers to hold their share.

All coins have more or less the same level of distribution:

Bitcoin Top 100 addresses own: 20.07% of total supply
Litecoin Top 100 addresses own: 45.37% of total supply
Darkcoin Top 100 addresses own:  27.52% of total supply
Dogecoin Top 100 addresses own: 43.25% of total supply

Lol; keccak is not the proof of work function, cryptonight is - and DARKCOIN USES KECCAK IN X11 YOU .....

Now we know it, thx to your own goal - Darkcoin is a government scam.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 09:39:41 PM

That's not true.

gmaxwell, inventor of coinjoin, says Dark's implementation of his anon scheme is broken.

He was offered money not to fix the problem but just to lend his name/reputation to THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION, INC.

He said GYF and DIAF.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:40:12 PM

There is no liquidity issue with a currency that is divisible to 8 decimal places!

not sure you know what that word means

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:40:28 PM

after all, it is approaching LTC

It's approaching the current LTC which is a dead coin walking at -95% or os from its peak.

if coin is premine/instamine etc

If a coin is announced as a premine that's one thing, but the instamine is carried out in a deceptive and misleading manner in order to make the coin appear to be (more) fair launched that is something else. And as you say it goes to another level entirely if it is launched in a deceptive and misleading manner and then the parameters are changed to the benefit of those involved with the instamine.

Catalog of at least some of the deceptive and misleading statements by Evan that facilitated the instamine (supporting references for each are there if you click through):

In addition, the DRK FAQ claims that the 2 million coin instamine happened over 48 hours, and this talking point is also frequently repeated by DRK supporters. However, this grossly understates the severity of the instamine, and perhaps paints a picture of a short mining period over which outsiders could still realistically decide whether or not to participate.

In fact:

1. Within the very first hour over 500,000 coins were mined

2. Within 8 hours over 1.5 million coins were mind, which is most of the instamine.

On the matter of the instamine itself, to focus on the amount of the instamine and the subsequent disposition of the coins is to ignore a whole host of extremely deceptive and arguably fraudulent practices that surrounded it:

3. That Evan misled people into thinking that the launch would not happen for days (and specifically "definitely" not in "hours"), then it happened in a few hours, late at night in the US and during the early morning hours in Europe. Considering the >500K coins mined in the very first hour alone, the effect of this "ambush" was enormous.

4. That the stated reason for delaying the launch for days was to do more testing and fix bugs. Yet when the coin was lunched it still had a "serious error." Why was the rushed ambush launch done in this manner?

5. That Evan withheld information about the purpose, features, and goals of he coin development until after the instamine was complete. It was absolutely impossible for you to have any reason to mine this coin unless your strategy was to mine 100% of new coins that were launched, you just happened to stumble into it, you were friends with Evan, or you were Evan. In effect it turns the instamine into a premine, because the coins were mined before the coin was properly announced.

6. That various changes have been made to rewards, etc. multiple times., always in the direction of reducing/restricting/locking up supply, to the benefit of existing holders. The latest version of this is masternode payments, which look very much like a HYIP (a form of financial fraud which attracts new investors by offering high yields to the benefit of earlier investors)

Now it is possible all of this was an accident. If so, you are asking us to believe in a string of extraordinary coincidences all apparently (by sheer luck) benefiting the same party or parties.

If it is instead not all an "accident" then it is evidence of deliberate fraud on the part of the person or persons still involve with running the project. That is certainly relevant and troubling information, even if the nature of circumstantial evidence (even strong circumstantial evidence) is that it can't be 100% proven. Things might be different if there were a complete and transparent change of leadership (as for example with BitMonero->Monero, and probably some other coins). But that is not the case. The person (assuming, not necessarily with certainty, that he acted alone) responsible for everything reported above is still there.

None of this proves it was not an accident, but given the fairly strong circumstantial case, I'm going to not only stay away, but advise other people to stay away.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 09:41:25 PM

Lol; keccak is not the proof of work function, cryptonight is - and DARKCOIN USES KECCAK IN X11 YOU .....

LOL @ "own goal"

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:43:51 PM

Darkcoin = NSA coin

Is it true ?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:45:56 PM

To all newbies:

he-looooo?

lol, you NEVER SAID that. so YOU ARE DISHONEST.

or post a link to where you said it?  What happens now, my post get's deleted?Huh

you are approaching Alex Green Moolah scam level. (in slimeyness terms)

ffs

If you understand how git works you would know it is impossible for old commits to be removed (hint it works somewhat like a blockchain) so "where they went" can only mean that the search isn't finding them, or they didn't exist and I just fabricated them. I'm not responsible if you don't understand git but want to act like you do.

You decide which rabbit hole you want to go down next.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: