Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:30:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR vs DRK  (Read 69688 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:48:01 PM

Darkcoin foundation is threatening to kill people - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006273.0

How are we still talking to these low lifes?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:48:07 PM

yup.  all 'third party'.  I already quizzed 'smooth' on it.

if XMR users want to use a mouse, 'just go get a wallet from someone else'.

Looks to me like another example of how charlatan XMR devs can't be bothered to even meet their own timescales.  Instead they are busy trolling, asking for donations (or not knowing where past donations went), editing Wikipedia to cover up their non-delivery.   oh and preaching how cryptographic proof implies system security and blurb on how XMR "isn't about the money" to the faithful while some group is manipulating the price on poloniex every day.  And trying to cover up the fact they cut and paste a sh*t load of NSA tech from multiple sources. apart from that, XMR is all great Cheesy

(guys seriously, i know you love XMR and this whole thread is setup to show that, but doesn't this all show you that something is dodgy here, really?)

As I told Toknormal, you're also impying that anything by 3rd parties shows some type of incompetance? So Bitcoin's entire infrastructure shows it's incompetance? Do you realize that these things are supposed to be open-sourced, decentralized? Oh no, because Dash/DRK was closed-source for most of it's lifetime, has a scam/dishonest instamine that's partly covered up(It's not on the wikipedia page), has a guy named Masternode and Otoh who directly manipulate the prices worst than anything I've seen before in Crypto, has masternodes that ultimately centralize the network and provide an irrelevant "feature" that Bitcoin already superbly provides(Coinjoin), has a developer that changed the name from Darkcoin to Dash without a vote or anything democratic, and who also owns a "spork switch" which further centralized Dash/DRK.

Shall I name more?

just diversion, again.

Monero devs said 7 months ago the GUI was a priority.  March 2015 they still haven't done it (apart from the donations screen) so they just go and 'memory hole' the wikipedia entry that shows they couldn't be bother to do it (and now everyone is saying 'hey we never needed a GUI it's such a small point'.  That's called broken promise and illustrates my point that Monero is basically a marketing scam with a load of well-intentioned nerds believing literally anything that comes from the parapet about XMR is some holy investment that doesn't involve greed and everyone else is stupid - doesn't wash with me mate Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 07:48:30 PM

Looks to me like another example of how charlatan XMR devs can't be bothered to even meet their own timescales.  Instead they are busy trolling, asking for donations (or not knowing where past donations went), editing Wikipedia to cover up their non-delivery.   oh and preaching how cryptographic proof implies system security and blurb on how XMR "isn't about the money" to the faithful while some group is manipulating the price on poloniex every day.  And trying to cover up the fact they cut and paste a sh*t load of NSA tech from multiple sources. apart from that, XMR is all great Cheesy

(guys seriously, i know you love XMR and this whole thread is setup to show that, but doesn't this all show you that something is dodgy here, really?)

And here comes more of the same kitchen sink argumentation. Pick one, argue it, and then move onto the next. Also, you didn't answer Toshi's or my own question. So here's Toshi's again:

Tok said cryptography 'wasn't a significant part' of cryptocurrencies.  He didn't say they don't require them, so what was your point?

Can you (or Tok) point to a part of a cryptocurrency which isn't cryptography?

Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:50:28 PM

As I told Toknormal, you're also impying that anything by 3rd parties shows some type of incompetance? So Bitcoin's entire infrastructure shows it's incompetance? Do you realize that these things are supposed to be open-sourced, decentralized? Oh no, because Dash/DRK was closed-source for most of it's lifetime, has a scam/dishonest instamine that's partly covered up(It's not on the wikipedia page), has a guy named Masternode and Otoh who directly manipulate the prices worst than anything I've seen before in Crypto, has masternodes that ultimately centralize the network and provide an irrelevant "feature" that Bitcoin already superbly provides(Coinjoin), has a developer that changed the name from Darkcoin to Dash without a vote or anything democratic, and who also owns a "spork switch" which further centralized Dash/DRK.

Shall I name more?

just diversion, again.

Monero devs said 7 months ago the GUI was a priority.  March 2015 they still haven't done it (apart from the donations screen) so they just go and 'memory hole' the wikipedia entry that shows they couldn't be bother to do it (and now everyone is saying 'hey we never needed a GUI it's such a small point'.  That's called broken promise and illustrates my point that Monero is basically a marketing scam with a load of well-intentioned nerds believing literally anything that comes from the parapet about XMR is some holy investment that doesn't involve greed and everyone else is stupid - doesn't wash with me mate Wink

The GUI was moved to a lesser priority after they said they'll be working on more important things, especially since there are already 5 other GUI's available. Your coming off as a obvious troll now if this is the best you can come up with.

Why dont you go and ask Evan why he didn't relaunch Dash/DRK after the instamine scam where he and a few others mined over 2million Dash/DRKs on a linux only release, then cut the block reward and coin supply by over half to instantly make those instamined coins more valuable, all while at that time, Dash/DRK had no future goals was just a random Bitcoin clone? You should maybe do that instead of trolling.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:51:00 PM

Darkcoin foundation is threatening to kill people - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006273.0

How are we still talking to these low lifes?

to try to pump the XMR price now that DRK reposition to Dash has left it in the 'Anon coin' dustbin?
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:51:48 PM

Shall I name more?

just diversion, again.

The GUI was moved to a lesser priority after they said they'll be working on more important things, especially since there are already 5 other GUI's available. Your coming off as a obvious troll now if this is the best you can come up with.

sure, it was a priority. then no one built it. now its not a priority. and there is 'third party' solutions available. which is fine obviously.
GTO911

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:52:01 PM

to try to pump the XMR price now that DRK reposition to Dash has left it in the 'Anon coin' dustbin?

The best answer you could find? Answer the Question, why are darkcoin foundation members threatening people?
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:54:59 PM

sure, it was a priority. then no one built it. now its not a priority. and there is 'third party' solutions available. which is fine obviously.

MyMonero is from fluffypony and even a blind idiot like you should have noticed that it's not really third party then?

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:57:04 PM

Shall I name more?

just diversion, again.

Why dont you go and ask Evan why he didn't relaunch Dash/DRK after the instamine scam where he and a few others mined over 2million Dash/DRKs on a linux only release, then cut the block reward and coin supply by over half to instantly make those instamined coins more valuable, all while at that time, Dash/DRK had no future goals was just a random Bitcoin clone? You should maybe do that instead of trolling.

If I recall correctly, the blockattack (202612) was the reason devs shifted priorities and realized other core-features had to be worked on first before they can safely release the official GUI.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:57:23 PM

The best answer you could find?

there are lots more if you want:

-Nerds venting anger after they find out a coin they were told has any chance of being used in the market, hasn't

-Thinkings you can hurt the Dash price by exposing the XMR community as a toxic butthurt troll army

-Anger at learning a load of massive holes and red flags that undermine what the XMR head-trolls are preaching

-Anger at watching the XMR devs who say they 'don't care about money' embarass themselves everyday by trolling coins with 5 times their market cap instead of developing in some weird marketing exercise

-Anger at finding out the core of XMR was cut and paste from NSA code

etc etc
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:59:14 PM

MyMonero is from fluffypony and even a blind idiot like you should have noticed that it's not really third party then?

Personally I wouldn't use anything from a dev who posts about XMR 'not being about the money' then asks for donations to speed up and trolls coins way ahead of his own. It looks really scammy.  I might be 'blind idiot' for believing that, but I think a lot of people will think that too.
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:02:46 PM

Why don't we turn it the other way around:

Did you guys know that Darkcoin/DASH doesn't have a single third party wallet which supports sending with darksend? That there is still no possibility to use Darksend from a mobilephone?

What a crap. Even the wallets are centralized.

GTO911

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:04:18 PM

Why are darkcoin foundation members threatening people?
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:06:12 PM

Dash:

. Has a scam instamine where over 1million coins were mined in 10 hours, another 1million+ mined within the next 30 hours, with a total of over 2million coins being instamined, then had the block reward cut by more than half, had the coin supply cut by around 70%, and all that was done on a linux only release(Less than 2% of all computers on earth use Linux) while Dash was just one of the many Bitcoin clones with no clear future or goals.

. Has a external masternode network that provides the main features, such as irrelevant coinjoin anonymity, since Bitcoin also has coinjoin. Relies on the trust that the masternode's don't get compromised by an attacker(Government or otherwise). Masternodes also open more attack vector since they are mainly hosted on centralized servers online, such as Amazon.

. Has a developer that shows his "centralized dominance" by changing the name from Darkcoin to Dash without even so much as a community vote or poll

and more

There you go BlockaFett, maybe you should take up the above concerns and more with Evan.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:06:42 PM

Personally I wouldn't use anything from a dev who posts about XMR 'not being about the money' then asks for donations to speed up.

This is completely consistent. Just because a dev has to put food on his families table doesnt mean his main motivating factor behind working on this project is to become wealthy. You could say well obviously it is a factor, but i think that would be interpreting him overly literally.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:08:53 PM

Personally I wouldn't use anything from a dev who posts about XMR 'not being about the money' then asks for donations to speed up.

This is completely consistent. Just because a dev has to put food on his families table doesnt mean his main motivating factor behind working on this project is to become wealthy. You could say well obviously it is a factor, but i think that would be interpreting him overly literally.

i think you are missing something obvious because you believe strongly in something but that is just my opinion.  i at least respect that you believe in XRM and invest as such. I believe in Dash to go all the way in this market which is why I have been getting into it since week 2.  I guess you don't feel the same so I hope you respect my point of view too.  Cheesy
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:09:57 PM

LOL, sorry Smooth, but this is hilariously true.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:15:52 PM

Why are darkcoin foundation members threatening people?

Don't look like threats to me. More like people being concerned for their neighbor crypto currency enthusiasts.

If you assume they are threats, then read this from a source you wouldn't hesitate to suck and swallow:

Animal studies showed that animal exhibiting a behaviour are the most prone to be concerned of someone else exhibiting the same behaviour - this works for humans too. Probably something related to mirror neurons.

For instance, the blackbird (not 100% it is the blackbird, but definitely a non-raptor bird) steals food from others and his constantly taking measure to avoid its own food being stolen. My previous competitor at scriptarium.fr (that we then left in the dust) was convinced every one was trying to scam him - it happens that he was the kind to scam everyone. This is a great way to gauge a person. Tell me what you fear, I'll tell you what you are.
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:17:43 PM

getting gently told by gmaxwell and adytoshi is not enough, drk/dash shills are hell bent in keeping insanely fudding monero and refusing to accept reality.

dude, this whole thread is 2 or 3 drk posters who got lost getting mauled by dozens of xmr trying to pump by taking some of dash's masive buy influx.  saying the drk people are hellbent is wishful thinking i think because no one in drk really cares about xmr, there are 10 coins between them in market cap for a start, not to mention no one respects the anonymity architecture, etc....
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:18:00 PM

No,
from rationalwiki.org;

DASH - Where reading comprehension doesn't matter is optional.

Lets be fair. FTFY

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: