Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:42:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181168 times)
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 04:58:54 PM

It doesn't matter, Japan is still a good example how land can become worthless in less than a jiffy, and which actually happens throughout the world now and then (even for less dramatic reasons). Still insist that land investments are less risky than gold?

Im not farmiliar with the other fukushima incident apart from the nuclear incident but if you are pointing it to that than of course it is a risk that you have to endure for putting in investment. Where you resident at is indeed matter, I stated my point on why do I think that land could be a better option than gold

P.S : I dont insist that land is less risky than gold, Im insisting that land could be a better option. That has different meaning

I guess when you were talking about investment risks you actually meant profitability, since by no means investments in land can be less risky than investments in gold. If so, you still need a lot of expertise and experience in the field which is incomparable with buying some gold from a reliable source and forgetting about it...

As I said before, investments in land and real estate are a hell

I dont, Im stating the risk as well (I think). I honestly have told you that I based this on my experience though  Wink. Nevertheless anyone can have their own opinion on this thing. It is nice to have this kind of debate, basically it helps to understand more . Do pardon me if I am wrong on this, but I do based this on my experience that I think it is less risky to put in land than gold  Cheesy

P.S : safe deposits could be a better options as well although I know you are sticking with your goverment's debt  Cheesy

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:21:32 PM

I think it depends on the country you leave, in some countries banks pay good interest for your money so there is no risk and sure it is better than saving it

There is always risk including when you leave money in your bank. Tell the guys on Cyprus if there was no risk on leaving your stuff in the bank.
Also, interest rates pay nothing. Unless you are already rich and inherited, I don't see how leaving all of your stuff on the bank is going to benefit you more than it does benefit the bank. While you make peanuts off interest, rich guys can live off bank interest only even if they are single figure %, only because they have so much that it creates a solid passive income.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:18:50 PM

I think it depends on the country you leave, in some countries banks pay good interest for your money so there is no risk and sure it is better than saving it

There is always risk including when you leave money in your bank. Tell the guys on Cyprus if there was no risk on leaving your stuff in the bank.
Also, interest rates pay nothing. Unless you are already rich and inherited, I don't see how leaving all of your stuff on the bank is going to benefit you more than it does benefit the bank. While you make peanuts off interest, rich guys can live off bank interest only even if they are single figure %, only because they have so much that it creates a solid passive income.

Banks doesn't pay good rate of interest nowadays so it is better to invest the money at right place and at a right time. And investing in gold or bitcoin is good option at present I mean you need to diversify your investment to minimize the risk factor so even if you have loss in one you can recover it from the other.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 06:22:07 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 06:32:50 PM by deisik

It doesn't matter, Japan is still a good example how land can become worthless in less than a jiffy, and which actually happens throughout the world now and then (even for less dramatic reasons). Still insist that land investments are less risky than gold?

Im not farmiliar with the other fukushima incident apart from the nuclear incident but if you are pointing it to that than of course it is a risk that you have to endure for putting in investment. Where you resident at is indeed matter, I stated my point on why do I think that land could be a better option than gold

P.S : I dont insist that land is less risky than gold, Im insisting that land could be a better option. That has different meaning

I guess when you were talking about investment risks you actually meant profitability, since by no means investments in land can be less risky than investments in gold. If so, you still need a lot of expertise and experience in the field which is incomparable with buying some gold from a reliable source and forgetting about it...

I dont, Im stating the risk as well (I think). I honestly have told you that I based this on my experience though  Wink. Nevertheless anyone can have their own opinion on this thing. It is nice to have this kind of debate, basically it helps to understand more . Do pardon me if I am wrong on this, but I do based this on my experience that I think it is less risky to put in land than gold  Cheesy

Okay, you say that you base your opinion on your experience (would it be more proper to call observation?), but think if it would have been the same if you lived some twenty-thirty years ago, and then fast forward same years from now into the future... Would you be that confident of your "experience"?

With gold I am

P.S : safe deposits could be a better options as well although I know you are sticking with your goverment's debt  Cheesy

Wtf, I thought I made it clear enough that I stick with gold. And I actually put my money where my mouth is. I don't have capacity to store physical gold (I would if I could, and it is quite possible that I will in the future), but I'm long in gold futures and going to expand my stake if the prices decline a little further (which I doubt, at least to a significant degree)...

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 06:28:11 PM

The rich guys are bank owners themselves. It doesn't make much sense to live off a bank interest when you can establish the bank yourself and live off a loan interest...

expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:13:21 PM

Yes, but usually banks have the least risk although cyprus case can be a negative point for their credit.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:06:52 PM

The rich guys are bank owners themselves. It doesn't make much sense to live off a bank interest when you can establish the bank yourself and live off a loan interest...

Exactly why should we be dependent on bank if we have our own bank and no one can access your bitcoin account nobody would come to know that how much do u have in your wallet. So it is better to invest in bitcoin rather then keep money in banks.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:17:10 PM

Best option is to buy bitcoin while its cheap hold it for a number of years and wait for prices to go back up. Got into BTC when it was at $13  a coin wish I had bought more than I  actually did then  and waited for 2013 and sold. Shame only bought like 60 to 80 of them and in time bought more sold more and exchanged. Should of just bought a tun of it when nice and cheap and enjoyed the return on it from going up so much.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:28:23 PM

Best option is to buy bitcoin while its cheap hold it for a number of years and wait for prices to go back up. Got into BTC when it was at $13  a coin wish I had bought more than I  actually did then  and waited for 2013 and sold. Shame only bought like 60 to 80 of them and in time bought more sold more and exchanged. Should of just bought a tun of it when nice and cheap and enjoyed the return on it from going up so much.

Sounds Great..
I think this is the right time to invest in bitcoin if you want to make your future safe and secure. The prices have collapsed right now so I believe investing at right time is more important just buy it and forget it and when the prices go high sell a part of it and again buy when prices are down.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:30:58 PM

Sounds Great..
I think this is the right time to invest in bitcoin if you want to make your future safe and secure. The prices have collapsed right now so I believe investing at right time is more important just buy it and forget it and when the prices go high sell a part of it and again buy when prices are down.

For a ordinary person whose income is not too high i think best thing for him is to save money rather than going for a investment. As your income is not too high there is hardly anything to invest so its better to save money which could be helpful at the time of emergencies.
freakying99

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:28:00 AM

I don't think buying btc is the best option here. BTC could do nothing for years. T-bills is a much wiser investment if you ask me.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:04:40 AM

Sounds Great..

the problem is that you don't know what is the right time, right now it may look like a good opportunity, but the recent gavin news, could cause a dump in bitcoin, i would wait a bit more, too see if we can sustain the 200 floor
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 09:32:08 AM

Okay, you say that you base your opinion on your experience (would it be more proper to call observation?), but think if it would have been the same if you lived some twenty-thirty years ago, and then fast forward same years from now into the future... Would you be that confident of your "experience"?

With gold I am

I have told you that I based this on my experience. Bolded it to make it clearer. I am confident with it

-snip-
[/quote]

This actually meant for sarcasm, perhaps I should make it clearer  Wink

Best option is to buy bitcoin while its cheap hold it for a number of years and wait for prices to go back up.

No guarantee on this, BTC could be having a ten fold of the current price after the halving or that be worthless after some fork and You can actually check that the price is declining. The price is being manipulated by trader and hype, with the recent news of Gavin leaving us, Im sure it will be an impact to the price soon.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
hasmukhrawal

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:52:15 AM

even I was thinking of the same question and I think investing will be more profitable than putting it in bank.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 11:01:27 AM

even I was thinking of the same question and I think investing will be more profitable than putting it in bank.

It depends on the risk and also the gain actually, Everything got its own risk to it. Even saving your money in the bank got its own risk but ofcourse investing your money into something will be far more riskier.
You might want to read a few post back about the idea of investing in either gold or other investment type, basically safe deposits could be an alternative between saving and investing though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:08:25 AM

Best option is to buy bitcoin while its cheap hold it for a number of years and wait for prices to go back up. Got into BTC when it was at $13  a coin wish I had bought more than I  actually did then  and waited for 2013 and sold. Shame only bought like 60 to 80 of them and in time bought more sold more and exchanged. Should of just bought a tun of it when nice and cheap and enjoyed the return on it from going up so much.

I don't think buying btc is the best option here. BTC could do nothing for years. T-bills is a much wiser investment if you ask me.

There is a good option to buy bitcoin when it is in a low price and stacks it high enough to make sure in the end you will sell of it and get your profit. And

why does it not to be the best option? And there are several years before bitcoin going to die but I dont think bitcoin will die soon so it is still worth to buy

rather than doing nothing or spend your bitcoin in gambling

I dont think there are banks that pay you good interest in all countries. And why there is no risk? I think there are several banks that close because

they didnt got any people to invest in their bank so bank will not guarantee you that it is save to put your money in there
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:34:41 PM

Exactly why should we be dependent on bank if we have our own bank and no one can access your bitcoin account nobody would come to know that how much do u have in your wallet. So it is better to invest in bitcoin rather then keep money in banks.

Invest in bitcoin half of your money is good but you really do need bank too for your fiat. I dont think you would convert all of your fiat to bitcoin right? What are you gonna do without any fiat? How to pay your bills? You can't use your bitcoin to pay your bills, they wont accepted it anyway so you need bank at least to convert your bitcoin back and then you can do your things with fiat
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:23:18 PM

Invest in bitcoin half of your money is good but you really do need bank too for your fiat. I dont think you would convert all of your fiat to bitcoin right? What are you gonna do without any fiat? How to pay your bills? You can't use your bitcoin to pay your bills, they wont accepted it anyway so you need bank at least to convert your bitcoin back and then you can do your things with fiat

Half of your money in Bitcoin?  That's still a pretty large investment in something so speculative and volatile.  There is no rate of return on holding Bitcoin other than speculating that the exchange rate will move in your favour.  It would be cool if one day there were financial investments within Bitcoin that do offer a rate of return in the form of interest, coupons, dividends, etc.  That would also increase the demand for Bitcoin.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:37:13 PM

Half of your money in Bitcoin?  That's still a pretty large investment in something so speculative and volatile.  There is no rate of return on holding Bitcoin other than speculating that the exchange rate will move in your favour.  It would be cool if one day there were financial investments within Bitcoin that do offer a rate of return in the form of interest, coupons, dividends, etc.  That would also increase the demand for Bitcoin.

I guess if you invest half of your money to bitcoin I dont think you will be crazy if you loss all of it but I guess you wont because this is a short term invesment that will make you earn a lot from it so its good enough to get your ROI from this investment. Dont get me wrong I think with this speculative and volatile things that will make us earn a lot
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:51:03 PM

Just saw this thread... jesus... 25 pages of advice... did the topic starter really read all this?
My humble suggestion would be: short term keep fiat.... middle term: gold/silver.... long term: bitcoin.
Very long term.... bitcoin or 2 generation of bitcoin.

The last one can be a little tricky since now is it imposible to know what will be 2nd generation of bitcoin... no one knows, it is too much of a gamble, so stick to nornal ass bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: