Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:43:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181168 times)
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:13:19 PM

Just saw this thread... jesus... 25 pages of advice... did the topic starter really read all this?
My humble suggestion would be: short term keep fiat.... middle term: gold/silver.... long term: bitcoin.
Very long term.... bitcoin or 2 generation of bitcoin.

The last one can be a little tricky since now is it imposible to know what will be 2nd generation of bitcoin... no one knows, it is too much of a gamble, so stick to nornal ass bitcoins.

People should know that when you mentioned bitcoin, its like holding onto it 4 years and forgetting about it.

Those people who had a ton that was in a similar process moved on with their daily life, which is what I recommend.
Vaccomondus

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:04:42 PM

Just saw this thread... jesus... 25 pages of advice... did the topic starter really read all this?
My humble suggestion would be: short term keep fiat.... middle term: gold/silver.... long term: bitcoin.
Very long term.... bitcoin or 2 generation of bitcoin.

The last one can be a little tricky since now is it imposible to know what will be 2nd generation of bitcoin... no one knows, it is too much of a gamble, so stick to nornal ass bitcoins.

you mean 25 pages of spam, look at the comment, they are all repeating the same fucking thing over and over again, with some modifications + quote to make their post look less spammy, and escape the ban
i would ban them all if i was a mod, this forum is a spammy sig fest(only few member with sig are not actually spamming) right now, garbage comments everywhere
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:40:10 PM

Also, interest rates pay nothing. Unless you are already rich and inherited, I don't see how leaving all of your stuff on the bank is going to benefit you more than it does benefit the bank. While you make peanuts off interest, rich guys can live off bank interest only even if they are single figure %, only because they have so much that it creates a solid passive income.

The rich guys are bank owners themselves. It doesn't make much sense to live off a bank interest when you can establish the bank yourself and live off a loan interest...

Exactly why should we be dependent on bank if we have our own bank and no one can access your bitcoin account nobody would come to know that how much do u have in your wallet. So it is better to invest in bitcoin rather then keep money in banks.

Invest in bitcoin half of your money is good but you really do need bank too for your fiat. I dont think you would convert all of your fiat to bitcoin right? What are you gonna do without any fiat? How to pay your bills? You can't use your bitcoin to pay your bills, they wont accepted it anyway so you need bank at least to convert your bitcoin back and then you can do your things with fiat

Half of your money in Bitcoin?  That's still a pretty large investment in something so speculative and volatile.  There is no rate of return on holding Bitcoin other than speculating that the exchange rate will move in your favour.  It would be cool if one day there were financial investments within Bitcoin that do offer a rate of return in the form of interest, coupons, dividends, etc.  That would also increase the demand for Bitcoin.

I guess if you invest half of your money to bitcoin I dont think you will be crazy if you loss all of it but I guess you wont because this is a short term invesment that will make you earn a lot from it so its good enough to get your ROI from this investment. Dont get me wrong I think with this speculative and volatile things that will make us earn a lot

Thats, of course if you do have a comfortable amount of sum to begin with.

I think anyone whos investing a large amount like that, should be comfortable in fiat 1st regardless of what amount you decide.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:07:25 AM

Also, interest rates pay nothing. Unless you are already rich and inherited, I don't see how leaving all of your stuff on the bank is going to benefit you more than it does benefit the bank. While you make peanuts off interest, rich guys can live off bank interest only even if they are single figure %, only because they have so much that it creates a solid passive income.

The rich guys are bank owners themselves. It doesn't make much sense to live off a bank interest when you can establish the bank yourself and live off a loan interest...

Exactly why should we be dependent on bank if we have our own bank and no one can access your bitcoin account nobody would come to know that how much do u have in your wallet. So it is better to invest in bitcoin rather then keep money in banks.

Invest in bitcoin half of your money is good but you really do need bank too for your fiat. I dont think you would convert all of your fiat to bitcoin right? What are you gonna do without any fiat? How to pay your bills? You can't use your bitcoin to pay your bills, they wont accepted it anyway so you need bank at least to convert your bitcoin back and then you can do your things with fiat

Half of your money in Bitcoin?  That's still a pretty large investment in something so speculative and volatile.  There is no rate of return on holding Bitcoin other than speculating that the exchange rate will move in your favour.  It would be cool if one day there were financial investments within Bitcoin that do offer a rate of return in the form of interest, coupons, dividends, etc.  That would also increase the demand for Bitcoin.

I guess if you invest half of your money to bitcoin I dont think you will be crazy if you loss all of it but I guess you wont because this is a short term invesment that will make you earn a lot from it so its good enough to get your ROI from this investment. Dont get me wrong I think with this speculative and volatile things that will make us earn a lot

I think anyone whos investing a large amount like that, should be comfortable in fiat 1st regardless of what amount you decide.

There are many people that didnt have this kind of comfortable in fiat but still diversify their fiat to every investment that they can get because he want to earn more and with that amount he diversified, he could bring more like double or triple their fiat without concern about their financial problems. That is what people do nowadays
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:18:44 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
Seen over a longer period of time investing in Gold have always been better than just holding fiat and the interest the banks offer dont beat the inflation so keeping money in the bank is not a good investment option.

PenguinFire

Activity: 154

That Darn Cat

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:31:39 AM

I think it depends on the country you leave, in some countries banks pay good interest for your money so there is no risk and sure it is better than saving it

There is always risk including when you leave money in your bank. Tell the guys on Cyprus if there was no risk on leaving your stuff in the bank.

In The United States there is no risk for a FDIC bank, right?  Up to 250,000 I believe.

Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:13:25 AM

There are many people that didnt have this kind of comfortable in fiat but still diversify their fiat to every investment that they can get because he want to earn more and with that amount he diversified, he could bring more like double or triple their fiat without concern about their financial problems. That is what people do nowadays
Until they can find how to earn money or coins they do anything but in a right way. And until they can earn a lot of money they won't stop until they don't have enough money to invest or to run their business.
acharias

Activity: 209
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:40:26 AM

Saving is the process of putting cold, hard cash aside and parking it in extremely safe, and liquid (meaning they can be sold or accessed in a very short amount of time, at most a few days) securities or accounts. This can include FDIC insured checking accounts, savings accounts, short-term certificates of deposit, or United States Treasury Bills. It can even include FDIC insured money market accounts (but not money market funds, which are not insured). The highest goal for these funds should be captial preservation, with a secondary goal to keep pace with inflation, if possible.

Investing is the process of using money (called “capital”) to buy an asset that you think will generate a safe and acceptable return over time, making you wealthier with each passing year. An investment can include anything from a small business to fine art, rare wines to gold coins, comic books to stocks, mutual funds, bonds, real estate, and antiques, just to name a few. It can also include song rights, patents, trademarks, or other intellectual property, as it is often called. Good investments are the soundest way of growing wealthy but can take time, perhaps even years, to work out because we live in an uncertain world.

muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:34:09 AM

well the risk factor of investing its relative acording to the amount to be gain if you have a 5 % risk of profit and investment you get 5% profit and if you invest like to gain 200% you are prob between lots of scammers that the honesty of quick deal of those 200% profit its very unreliable soo as i do say you should not invest in big % profit with big margin for error of scam and you safe at least 80% of you money/btc into a good pen wallet acount for safety in my opinion you safe 80% and invest 20% low risk but thats just me and besides that dont use all your money into btc hters still lots of buy things not in btc yet.

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 06:55:56 AM

well the risk factor of investing its relative acording to the amount to be gain if you have a 5 % risk of profit and investment you get 5% profit

Where did you get this calculation from? Basically investing is actually risking a whole lot (100%) to gain a small interest out of it and it is not risking X percentage to get X percentage in return that would basically make you earn 100 % interest out of it which of course ponzi sites do offer 100 % interest and it is not investment though

in my opinion you safe 80% and invest 20% low risk

Not actually low risk, basically the risk will need to be calculate based on the investment itself. It depends on what / where will you put your investment on. Putting 1 % of your entire money into high risk investment is indeed a high risk choice despite it is just a 1 % of your money

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:03:41 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

investing only in gold is no guarantee of a good return you need to trade well, if you really want to make money from it, then leaving your money in bank is also fruitless because of the low interest, in the end you need to gamble and risk more if you want to earn big, and this is what many are doing now at the cost of losing everything, they continue to try again and again that route
Error404

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:44:57 AM

Invest because your money can grow up when time passes and it can help some company to invest your money for they capital but they add some money to your money for paying what youve than for they investing are really helpfull and it can secure your good future
ilyasilyaso

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:55:49 AM

You can earn interest by putting money in a savings account, but savings accounts generally earn a lower return than investments.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:12:20 PM

You can earn interest by putting money in a savings account, but savings accounts generally earn a lower return than investments.

You can earn interest on fiat cash, but not on Bitcoin. The value of fiat cash decreases with time, due to inflation. That is why the banks pay you interest to deposit fiat. On the other hand, since it is protected against inflation, no interest payments are required for Bitcoin deposits. If Bitcoin replaces fiat cash, the practice of giving interest for deposits will come to an end.
Dotakels

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:14:31 PM

You can earn interest on fiat cash, but not on Bitcoin. The value of fiat cash decreases with time, due to inflation. That is why the banks pay you interest to deposit fiat. On the other hand, since it is protected against inflation, no interest payments are required for Bitcoin deposits. If Bitcoin replaces fiat cash, the practice of giving interest for deposits will come to an end.
Yeah thats right if you are save with bitcoin you would not have an interest you will only get is to save your money,but if you save in fiat money you can have a interest but you are not excepted or it have an inflation.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 05:40:19 PM

Invest because your money can grow up when time passes

You forgot that when some time passes there is also a chance that inflation might happen and thus by that time the interest that you earned from your investment will be nothing but dust instead.

and it can secure your good future

Investing doesnt mean that you are securing your future with because there is a risk to everything you do. Putting your money in the bank got some risk as well and it is a bogus mindset to think that you / your generation will be a billionaire by 100years from now if you are getting some investment

but savings accounts generally earn a lower return than investments.

approximately up to 7.5 % interest value and it depends on the digit that you are putting in as well as the timeframe for it, goes higher with the increasing timeframe though. Actually the interest seem fair considering it quite safe depending on the other type of risky investment

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Clint

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:06:13 PM

It's better to invest than save. I think right now, the market is open for any investment available. Wait for bitcoin to stabilize it self on the current market and put your money in cryptocurrency. Saving is a dumb way to make money off of interest rate, banks will always make more.

ThEmporium

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:21:33 PM

First, save money for three years to support yourself during investing money on any business. Investing in real estate is indeed good, however you should be well aware of the places and areas where the demand of the infrastructure is high. Do not be greedy while buying or selling the properties, always try to double your investment and expand your businesses in many areas, do not stick to one business means one investment.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:29:28 AM

First, save money for three years to support yourself during investing money on any business. Investing in real estate is indeed good, however you should be well aware of the places and areas where the demand of the infrastructure is high. Do not be greedy while buying or selling the properties, always try to double your investment and expand your businesses in many areas, do not stick to one business means one investment.

Are sure for suggesting people to save 3 years of their money just to support their investment? I dont think that is a good idea since 3 years is a long time to do saving. How much did you get in 3 years saving? Do you compare it to 3 years of investing? Saving is good but investing is better
Dotakels

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:14:06 AM

Are sure for suggesting people to save 3 years of their money just to support their investment? I dont think that is a good idea since 3 years is a long time to do saving. How much did you get in 3 years saving? Do you compare it to 3 years of investing? Saving is good but investing is better
He only saying that you need a saving to have an extra money so that you can support your investment. He's telling that you must have an extra cash for incase of lose of your money in investing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: