Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095075 times)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 07:42:29 AM

I'm a random idiot on the internet, I could be wrong or lying. How do you know that 1 minute = 1 nautical mile applies to the 32 minute apparent diameter of the sun?

I know that in the case of the sun it does but how do you know? Just because I said so is not a valid reason. My point is you need measure the distance to the sun first, then you have a distance to calculate its actual diameter with.

I don't know these things and I can't measure the distance to the sun or its height or its width. You didn't measure these things either, so you must have figured them out somehow, or somebody must have showed you the reasoning or the evidence or the measurements. All I'm asking is that you share this information so that I can understand how you have come to your conclusions. Saying that I can't use simple trigonometry because you might be lying isn't helpful at all.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 09:13:10 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2019, 02:39:28 PM by notbatman

^^^ The distance to the sun (my preliminary calculation) is 3068.4 nautical miles and I detail exactly how I measure and calculate this value:

[image]

As you can see I've calculated it based on the distance to the horizon and the sun's elevation angle.

edit:

I  noticed the calculation for Z was missing, it's the standard right angle trig calculation: Z=D*tan(P). I updated the image.

This is obviously a work in progress, I'm still checking it over and I'm going to re-draw the whole graphic a bit differently and hopefully clarify how the calculation is made.

edit:

I've removed the image/calculations due to horrific errors, I must have mixed up my notes.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 12:27:23 PM

^^^ The problem with your calc is that it only works this way in one circumstance. If you drop the height of the guy to 5 feet rather than 6, the whole calculation changes, as well as the height and diameter of the sun.

If you give the guy a telescope so that he can see great distance beyond where his simple eye horizon exists, everything changes even more.

If you situate the sun directly overhead, The capability of doing your measurements disappears altogether.

You are missing a whole lot in the way you calculate.

Oh, but that's right. You are simply playing with people. So, I shouldn't be wasting my time with you. But I'll leave this here, for a while, anyway.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 12:58:52 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2019, 02:39:51 PM by notbatman

^^^ Yeah I'm sure you'll say anything to make people believe that only NASA or a Jesuit trained astronomer can calculate the distance to the Sun.

Distance to the horizon and the Sun's elevation in degrees above the horizon is enough information (maybe) for anybody to make the calculation. If not the addition of the Sun's apparent size and possibly another object of known distance and size will fill the gap.

At this point I'm making an attempt, my calc for "A" may need work but the distance is 3 miles for a 6 foot person so I'll check that formula over later.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 05:52:03 PM

^^^ Yeah I'm sure you'll say anything to make people believe that only NASA or a Jesuit trained astronomer can calculate the distance to the Sun.

Distance to the horizon and the Sun's elevation in degrees above the horizon is enough information (maybe) for anybody to make the calculation. If not the addition of the Sun's apparent size and possibly another object of known distance and size will fill the gap.

At this point I'm making an attempt, my calc for "A" may need work but the distance is 3 miles for a 6 foot person so I'll check that formula over later.

In a way, these posts are already an admission that you simply believed other people until now, you should have done these calculations long ago, no? You have been claiming the sun is 3068 miles away several times but it turns out that you have never done the calc?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 07:04:48 PM

^^^ Fuck, like you've ever measured and calculated the distance to sun yourself and got 93,000,000 miles? Everybody just trusts the fucking liars at NASA to provide factual information.

There's enough information from the angular measurements and the known distance to the horizon to make the calculation, I just need to figure it out.

Yes my first attempt was horrific, very horrific, but I'm including the apparent size this time and I think I'm getting closer... The only value I'm assuming is correct is the angular size limit of the eye, and considering the nautical mile is based on this value, and that I have peer reviewed documentation it's not really much of an assumption.

It's simply a matter of time before I derive the correct equations and they give constant results with variable inputs. Yes I believe the 32 mile diameter and 3,100 mile distance values are correct but I'm actually trying to prove it. You just go with whatever your told by the men in small hats and never question any of it.

Astargath

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 08:31:36 PM

^^^ Fuck, like you've ever measured and calculated the distance to sun yourself and got 93,000,000 miles? Everybody just trusts the fucking liars at NASA to provide factual information.

There's enough information from the angular measurements and the known distance to the horizon to make the calculation, I just need to figure it out.

Yes my first attempt was horrific, very horrific, but I'm including the apparent size this time and I think I'm getting closer... The only value I'm assuming is correct is the angular size limit of the eye, and considering the nautical mile is based on this value, and that I have peer reviewed documentation it's not really much of an assumption.

It's simply a matter of time before I derive the correct equations and they give constant results with variable inputs. Yes I believe the 32 mile diameter and 3,100 mile distance values are correct but I'm actually trying to prove it. You just go with whatever your told by the men in small hats and never question any of it.

Again admitting that all along you simply believed what other youtubers told you and yet you have been claiming to know it's close to us. You are a liar, exposing yourself at this point basically. Yes you believe those values are correct but why? What made you believe that? The youtubers?

''You just go with whatever your told by the men in small hats and never question any of it.'' And you just go with what youtubers tell you and never calculate or experiment for yourself, LOL.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 08:52:08 PM

I'm attempting to calculate this myself and you're accusing me of not calculating things myself, fuck off. You're a fucking coward!
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 01:39:59 AM

....., I just need to figure it out.

Yes my first attempt was horrific, very horrific, .....

It's simply a matter of time before I derive the correct equations and they give constant results with variable inputs. ......

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 10:26:47 AM

^^^ smells like fear to me
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 11:04:57 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2019, 09:30:42 PM by sirazimuth

^^um... no.

Everytime I peruse this retarded thread (just for a belly laugh when I'm bored), I smell bullshit.

I’m hoping the Bruce Wanker flat earth video will be out soon.
Jeeeezus, now that would be phukking epic....

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 01:53:35 AM

^^^ All I need to do is prove that the ratio of 1 minute to 1 nautical mile applies to the apparent measured size of the Sun. Can you prove that it doesn't?

If you want to call bullshit then show us the money dickweed.

Astargath

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 09:07:41 AM

^^^ All I need to do is prove that the ratio of 1 minute to 1 nautical mile applies to the apparent measured size of the Sun. Can you prove that it doesn't?

If you want to call bullshit then show us the money dickweed.

And again admitting to be a liar all this time. I thought you knew for sure all those claims and now you are saying that you have to prove them. Why have you been claiming all that bullshit for 3 years? Why would you just believe it?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 09:43:05 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2019, 01:06:28 PM by notbatman

^^^ You're a massive piece of shit, you know that right? I know the Sun is small, close and in motion and you start screaming that I'm liar for trying to prove it? Just fuck off and die already. e
The Sun measures 32 minutes in diameter and there's one nautical mile per measured minute. If this is wrong then fucking prove it you worthless sack of shit. Ask any mariner who knows how to use a sextant or any book on the subject and they'll tell you 1 nm = 1 min.

Show me the fucking money!
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 10:19:06 AM

^^^ You're a massive piece of shit, you know that right? I know the Sun is small, close and in motion and you start screaming that I'm liar for trying to prove it? Just fuck off and die already.

The Sun measures 32 minuets in diameter and there's one nautical mile per measured minute. If this is wrong then fucking prove it you worthless sack of shit. Ask any mariner who knows how to use a sextant or any book on the subject and they'll tell you 1 nm = 1 min.

Minuet is a dance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minuet

I don't think you will find any 'mariner' who would want to dance the minuet. LOL.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 02:17:23 PM

^^^ You're a massive piece of shit, you know that right? I know the Sun is small, close and in motion and you start screaming that I'm liar for trying to prove it? Just fuck off and die already. e
The Sun measures 32 minutes in diameter and there's one nautical mile per measured minute. If this is wrong then fucking prove it you worthless sack of shit. Ask any mariner who knows how to use a sextant or any book on the subject and they'll tell you 1 nm = 1 min.

Look at it this way. Find a piece of flat land somewhere, say, Kansas. Now, you will have to prepare this ahead of time.

Pick a spot where you know the sun will be directly overhead, say, at about noon. Since the sun travels in an east-west direction, get somebody to stand 16 nm east of the spot where the sun will be directly overhead, and get another person to stand 16 nm directly west of the spot. Stand them so that if you draw a straight line between the two people, the line would pass through the spot where the sun is directly overhead, and this spot would be right in the middle of the line, kinda like this >>> ·+· . (The two dots are the people. The vertical line shows the center of the horizontal distance the people are apart. The intersect is where the sun is directly overhead.)

If the two people look straight up, they should each be looking directly at opposite edges of the sun. But they aren't. Even transits or telescopes will show that they are still looking at the center of the sun. This means that the sun must be far wider than you suggest, or that there is some contradiction in you calculations somewhere.

Because of the size of the earth, any atmospheric distortion would be too small to notice looking straight up. Perspective isn't included, because the guys are looking directly at the sun, even with the telescopes, not at some width where they need to focus perspectively.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Astargath

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 02:50:04 PM

Exactly, you are trying to prove it but havent done so how do you know if you havent proved it yet? Did you just beljeve it or what?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 03:15:14 PM

Look at it this way. Find a piece of flat land somewhere, say, Kansas. Now, you will have to prepare this ahead of time.

Pick a spot where you know the sun will be directly overhead, say, at about noon. Since the sun travels in an east-west direction, get somebody to stand 16 nm east of the spot where the sun will be directly overhead, and get another person to stand 16 nm directly west of the spot. Stand them so that if you draw a straight line between the two people, the line would pass through the spot where the sun is directly overhead, and this spot would be right in the middle of the line, kinda like this >>> ·+· . (The two dots are the people. The vertical line shows the center of the horizontal distance the people are apart. The intersect is where the sun is directly overhead.)

If the two people look straight up, they should each be looking directly at opposite edges of the sun. But they aren't. Even transits or telescopes will show that they are still looking at the center of the sun. This means that the sun must be far wider than you suggest, or that there is some contradiction in you calculations somewhere.

Because of the size of the earth, any atmospheric distortion would be too small to notice looking straight up. Perspective isn't included, because the guys are looking directly at the sun, even with the telescopes, not at some width where they need to focus perspectively.

Cool

I've already considered this scenario, no dice. The Sun is ~32 miles wide and the observers need to be farther than that apart. At that distance+ the question of whether the earth is flat or curves at 8" per mile^2 becomes an issue, and the globalist will start injecting the refraction is bending the light around the globe argument. The globalist (with a small hat) will kick the can so far down the road posing one augment after another for why the Earth is actually bent, that he's able to muddy the water while wasting time and effort and completely shut it down.

After much analysis I've come to realize that the plane where the Sun's light is refracted is well, a plain; a level layer of dense gas. This (the plane) and the linear refractive magnifying effect is why the one minute per nautical mile applies to celestial objects. The fact there's zero refraction at 90 degrees allows for the Sun's true diameter to be measured.

Exactly, you are trying to prove it but havent done so how do you know if you havent proved it yet? Did you just beljeve it or what?

You might want to check the last 773 pages, I'm fairly sure you'll find I've posted some valid reasons on why the Copernican model is a crock of shit.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 03:36:54 PM

Cool

I've already considered this scenario, no dice. The Sun is ~32 miles wide and the observers need to be farther than that apart. At that distance+ the question of whether the earth is flat or curves at 8" per mile^2 becomes an issue, and the globalist will start injecting the refraction is bending the light around the globe argument. The globalist (with a small hat) will kick the can so far down the road posing one augment after another for why the Earth is actually bent, and he's able to muddy the water while wasting time and effort and completely shut it down.

After much analysis I've come to realize that the plane where the Sun's light is refracted is well, a plain; a level layer of dense gas. This (the plane) and the linear refractive magnifying effect is why the one minute per nautical mile applies to celestial objects. The fact there's zero refraction at 90 degrees allows for the Sun's true diameter to be measured.

My idea was to show the sun from a FE observation. Kansas is reasonably flat. Thirty-two nm is not that big of a distance. It wouldn't matter (in my scenario) if the earth was a FE or GE. Both would give the same results if the sun were a 32 nm wide object up at about 3,000 miles high.

To repeat. Certainly if the earth were flat, my model would prove the sun to be 32 nm wide, or not. And the reason why it would work on a GE is that the size of the GE would make this measuring work as though the earth were flat.

Since your "no dice" has to do with some thoughts on the FE or GE shape of the earth, it doesn't have to do with the points of my measurement. Let's first get the size of the sun down accurately, and prove that we know it's size without guessing. Then we can use it to help determine if the earth is flat or not.

Why do the observers need to be farther apart? If they are the same distance apart as the sun, then looking straight up should point them at the opposite edges of the sun, no matter how wide the sun is... except if it is wider than the whole FE. Standard math and trig show this. Calculus isn't needed to show this.

Cool

notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 03:52:31 PM

^^^ I know the Sun's exact size from the 90 degree measurement, it's simply a matter of proving/showing that the 1 minute per mile ratio used on the ground also applies to celestial objects.

The refractive layer is key here, I now think odolvlobo could have been on to something when he mentioned it. I just need to take step back and approach the problem from another (no pun intended) angle.
Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: