Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:28:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646808 times)
over45

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 07:41:43 PM

Don't even bother replying if you can't keep up.  Read and understand what is written - you clearly don't.

With this Coronavirus scare - might be a good time for you bashers here to take a course in reading comprehension.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CaymanJack

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 08:06:27 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2020, 08:20:21 PM by CaymanJack

Don't even bother replying if you can't keep up.  Read and understand what is written - you clearly don't.

With this Coronavirus scare - might be a good time for you bashers here to take a course in reading comprehension.

Well then you are an idiot also if you think that can be predicted to a specific target date.  

You are misinterpreting what he is saying.  He is saying that the fact that we can forecast any (meaning even one) event to the day PROVES that markets are by no means RANDOM.  

It's pretty clear what you said. It seems you have a comprehension problem.
AnonymousCoder

Activity: 580
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 08:50:24 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 05:47:49 PM by AnonymousCoder

"The Government wants the Computer Code for Forecasting" Conspiracy Theory

Martin Armstrong repeatedly mentioned that the US Government was interested in his computer model and therefore requested from him the source code of it.

He also mentioned that the CIA requested from him he build a forecasting model for them.

He claims that he declined in both cases. Instead he claims that his computer model has self-awareness which allowed it to self-destruct when the hardware was physically moved by court order.

See:

Sorting the Nonsense & Prejudices from the Truth of Reality
Posted Mar 27, 2020 by Martin Armstrong
Money cannot buy everything in life. I turned down $500 million for Socrates where it would have just provided analysis for a single user. I rejected the request of the CIA to build a version for the US government. I offered to run any study they asked and was told they had to own it.

He uses these fabricated stories for multiple purposes:

• to distract from the real reason why the Government requested turnover of computer assets
  • to distract from the fact that he most likely deleted the files manually
  • to enhance his clients' perception of the capabilities of his computer (artificial intelligence, self-awareness)
  • to enhance his own status with heroism based on the lie that he remained in prison for the sole reason that he refused to turn over his model's computer code to the US Government

Following are some links to documents with discussion of the topics above.

Deletion of Files

In ARMSTRONG v GUCCIONE we read:
A forensic computer expert testified that (1) one of the four returned computers had its hard drive removed, (2) on the morning before another computer was turned over to the receiver, more than 500 files had been erased from its hard drive, and (3) on the same day that a third computer was turned over, software was installed enabling the deletion of computer files and the computer's internal clock was reset in an effort to mask the destruction of files.

In It's just Time he writes:
I can confirm, that the system was laced with a virus. If it was ever removed from the office, it would know and self-destruct. That I believe took place for it appears the Government seized the computer, took if to a lab at the World Trade Center, ironically where it was destroyed in the attack. The Government seized the computer, but it self-destructed when moved.

This is consistent with a user installing a bulk erase software on a computer (as observed by the forensic expert) and executing it. There is nothing that indicates that a system was in place that could execute such a task when required, such as one that would detect a change of location. A forensic computer expert would have certainly detected such a system, including a virus (as Martin Armstrong claims) that could have executed it.

Even more so, if such delete action had been planned and built into the system, the discovery of 500 deleted files would have been prevented by removing / replacing the file 500 file entries entirely.

Claims of superior Performance based on Computer-based Self-Awareness

Martin Armstrong likes to claim that his computer model has abilities exceeding contemporary AI (Artificial Intelligence), based on self-awareness, backed up by his claims that it erased the files under threat as described above.

In Self-Aware Artificial Intelligence he writes:

It achieved self-awareness. It immediately knew the government was trying to take it to its secret computer lab in WTC building 7 that mysterious collapsed even though nothing struck the building. They were angry when they realized it had self-destructed. It was aware of its surroundings and it took all but 7 seconds to self-destruct overwriting all code 7 times and shifting around so they could never un-erase and put him back together again. The Global Market Watch is running. It is being tested live and seems to have handled these turning points rather well. Reassembling something of this magnitude is truly an awesome project. It is time consuming to say the least. What is at stake is the creation of an artificial being that monitors the world around it. This is beyond creating a mere drone that people control from a distance. This is something that thinks on its own and tells you what it has explored.

Martin A. Armstrong: convicted felon, shameless conman, schizophrenic crackpot & financial comedian
Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.
Angus_P

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 12:52:46 PM

Digi,
You found it. I got tired of looking.

I did not mean that Mr A deleted the 3rd 'gold to 1000' post from the blog, rather, I KNOW he deletes posts in general from the blog.

One time he posted a rather badly structured and poorly spelled post about something. I thought to myself that either he had one of his foreign minions, who did not have a full grasp of English, write it or Mr A was slightly drunk when writing it, lol. ( I have no problem with that.). Some on the Slack group notice that as well. Not exactly sure when but quite quickly that post was removed from the blog. Understandably.

I'm a 2nd shifter. Usually when I got home I'd go on the net and amoug other things, would read Mr A's blog. Most of the time he would enter his daily blog posts around 1 -2 am. I'd refresh and there they were or after a couple of refreshes, there would be another, and another and of course I would read them.
Every once in a while though, when I awoke the next day to read the blog, one of those items posted at 1-2 am was no longer on the blog. It was gone.

So knowing that he deletes blog posts in general, what is to stop him from altering posts in hindsight as well? Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but I cannot completely rely on going back to re read previous posts for current day confirmation.

Thanks
Angus_P
MA_talk

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 03:10:43 AM

Don't even bother replying if you can't keep up.  Read and understand what is written - you clearly don't.

Well then you are an idiot also if you think that can be predicted to a specific target date.  

You are misinterpreting what he is saying.  He is saying that the fact that we can forecast any (meaning even one) event to the day PROVES that markets are by no means RANDOM.  

What an excellent catch on over45.

These people, Digilab, over45 are scums of the society.  The best thing that happens in this CoronaVirus is that Armstrong cannot hold any WEC conferences.

Google search "Armstrong WEC review", and you will find the reviews from real people, instead of some self-congratulating remarks from himself.

If Armstrong/Socrates is a good trader, he should be making billions from trades alone.  Last time I checked Armstrong is still selling his reports that are 97% historical facts with 3% or less super vague, unactionable market comments.

Why doesn't Armstrong or Socrates ever post an actual buy or sell on specific financial instruments?  Because he doesn't dare to make any mistakes.  He relies on you to make that call, and either way, it will always be your own fault and never his fault.  He has no guts, and no integrity to take any responsibilities for ANY actually buy or sell call.

fred9999

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:13:08 AM

Hello AC

Have a sincere question for you. You say that you have purchased all or many of the MA reports and I assume were/are subscribing to
the his private blog etc. I also assume you took the time to study and test out the validity of his trading advice, as any
intelligent investor would before risking their hard earned money.

My question to you is at what point and on what evidence did you gain enough confidence in MA's trading advice where you
decided to go ahead and risk and then lose enough money so that it has left you so pissed off?

Fred
AnonymousCoder

Activity: 580
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:50:24 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 05:47:40 PM by AnonymousCoder

Hello AC

Have a sincere question for you. You say that you have purchased all or many of the MA reports and I assume were/are subscribing to
the his private blog etc. I also assume you took the time to study and test out the validity of his trading advice, as any
intelligent investor would before risking their hard earned money.

My question to you is at what point and on what evidence did you gain enough confidence in MA's trading advice where you
decided to go ahead and risk and then lose enough money so that it has left you so pissed off?

Fred

First of all, your question cannot be answered because you are mixing four assumptions up.

1) That I was pissed off when I lost money
2) That I am posting here because I lost money
3) That I am posting so much because I lost so much money
4) That I am acting alone

Every speculator loses money at some point.

As to why I was getting pissed of, this is well documented here (click) and it has nothing to do with losses.

As far as my losses are concerned, I did not even blame Armstrong for them. I thought it was my mistake because I thought did not know how to interpret his model. I am not joking. That is because Martin Armstrong makes claims that his models never fail. At the time, it looked ok because the market basically moved in a straight line. I made a spreadsheet with all reversals and election details that I could get hold of, in old reports, from his web sites and so on. This seemed to confirm his assertions. So I did what one should do to build some confidence. The thing is one does not need a model for a market that moves in a straight line. The model failed to predict the turn and Martin Armstrong lied about it. That lie initially delayed my discovery of the scam, so that episode resulting in a loss wasn't even my staring point.

Today we know that he manipulates historical records and cherry-picks results.

I should have considered that from the start. My due diligence was flawed.

The big mistake a few people are making in my case is that they think everybody must act in their own interest, and therefore, their activity would need to be funded in some way to be sustainable.

That is the flaw / feature in human nature that Martin Armstrong exploits. It does not apply to me. And it probably does not apply to many people, either. I don't have this flaw / feature.

He says (literally): "There is no such thing as bad publicity" and he calculates quite correctly, that the majority, the silent losers will keep quiet because they are afraid to be seen as losers, and they do not see any gain in what I am doing so they move on.

So all he has to do is to replenish the pool of clients at least as fast or faster than the attrition rate (of the losers).

I am here to break that cycle. That is why I am posting here. The fact is that WE are winning and HE is losing. Again, in good tradition, I provide proof as usual:

To stay within the scope of the current events, we stick with the coronavirus petition Bring in the expert Martin Armstrong to stop the destruction of the world economy (target 100,000 signatures).

Signing this does not cost a thing, so everybody with only half a brain who knows how to fill a form can do it. I can afford to even advertise it here which is the ultimate irony Smiley Apart from the self-documenting incompetence and recklessness of our Charlatan-in-chief as he becomes a Coronavirus Expert overnight.

At this time, the signature count is topping out below the 1% mark somewhere at 850. That is all the support Martin Armstrong has. This bitcoin Armstrong forum gets more viewers in four days. He basically shot himself in the foot by showing everyone that nobody believes him.

The other example is his book he sells at amazon in 200 lots and then claims it is sold out the fastest ever. He limits it to get the effect. He simply does not have more supporters than that roughly. Not the millions of Socrates users he is claiming to have.

You see, why should I stop NOW?

Martin Armstrong needs more idiots to exploit.

We can call them idiots now, because now the evidence is here for everyone to see, and even an idiot - all he needs to do is to click around here and he can see what he can expect from him. So I am cutting off the stream of idiots - the last resource that was available to him.

What a difference a few well-researched, well-hyperlinked blog articles make, eh?

As to who the others are who support my activity, just go through the 300+ pages of this blog Smiley

Martin A. Armstrong: convicted felon, shameless conman, schizophrenic crackpot & financial comedian
Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.
Indyz

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 02:51:58 PM

Crybabies reported my post to the moderator. All I did was ask why the umpteen minions were so concerned when people posted certain information about MA.

Grin
Indyz

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 02:53:13 PM

Hint. It's a scam 😂
over45

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 05:08:45 PM

The other example is his book he sells at amazon in 200 lots and then claims it is sold out the fastest ever.  He limits it to get the effect. He simply does not have more supporters than that roughly.

The poster who said this, Anonymous Coder, simply can not admit that Armstrong's work is in demand and people want his books.  The books on Amazon sold out TWICE, and then he listed 200 more on EBAY which sold out in about an hour.

Simply based on these actual results - Armstrong has 3x as many supporters than AC says he doesn't have.  I am guessing that he has over 500,000k happy Socrates subscribers.  I am one of them.

It is not difficult to understand the bashers motives - regardless of what they say their intent is.  Their ego took a hit and they seek to vilify one of the most knowledgeable men in economics.
Indyz

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 05:33:53 PM

Just like there's plenty of "demand" for phone, internet and email scams, right?  Grin
over45

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 05:51:03 PM

Just like there's plenty of "demand" for phone, internet and email scams, right?  Grin

Your posts don't make any sense.   
CaymanJack

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:01:07 PM

The other example is his book he sells at amazon in 200 lots and then claims it is sold out the fastest ever.  He limits it to get the effect. He simply does not have more supporters than that roughly.

The poster who said this, Anonymous Coder, simply can not admit that Armstrong's work is in demand and people want his books.  The books on Amazon sold out TWICE, and then he listed 200 more on EBAY which sold out in about an hour.

Simply based on these actual results - Armstrong has 3x as many supporters than AC says he doesn't have.  I am guessing that he has over 500,000k happy Socrates subscribers.  I am one of them.

It is not difficult to understand the bashers motives - regardless of what they say their intent is.  Their ego took a hit and they seek to vilify one of the most knowledgeable men in economics.

500k subscribers? Why aren't they signing Armstrong's petition? I guess they don't care about the country or is his subscriber number is really more likely 500 if that.
over45

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:03:24 PM

Here is another sample of flawed logic by Anonymous Coder.  Her words:

To stay within the scope of the current events, we stick with the coronavirus petition Bring in the expert Martin Armstrong to stop the destruction of the world economy (target 100,000 signatures).

Signing this does not cost a thing, so everybody with only half a brain who knows how to fill a form can do it. I can afford to even advertise it here which is the ultimate irony Smiley Apart from the self-documenting incompetence and recklessness of our Charlatan-in-chief as he becomes a Coronavirus Expert overnight.

At this time, the signature count is topping out below the 1% mark somewhere at 850. That is all the support Martin Armstrong has. This bitcoin Armstrong forum gets more viewers in four days. He basically shot himself in the foot by showing everyone that nobody believes him.

This petition was not started by Armstrong - but by someone who thinks he can help fix the system.  It is not advertised anywhere to speak of and the only way I learned of it was here.  There is no way to know who other Armstrong readers or subscribers are - so no way to promote it amongst them.  He is not tooting his own horn - others want his help.  Most people have no idea who he is.

So to say he does not have support is a lie.  And there is a pretty good chance his letter to the President and congress swayed some thinking.  He is trying to help and you bashers here do nothing but waste time and take up space on earth.  Every charge made by the peanut gallery is biased and driven by bruised egos.  
CaymanJack

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:03:32 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2020, 06:18:18 PM by CaymanJack

Your posts are filled with lies and nonsense.
CaymanJack

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:12:47 PM

Here is another sample of flawed logic by Anonymous Coder.  Her words:

This petition was not started by Armstrong - but by someone who thinks he can help fix the system.  It is not advertised anywhere to speak of and the only way I learned of it was here.  There is no way to know who other Armstrong readers or subscribers are - so no way to promote it amongst them.  He is not tooting his own horn - others want his help.  Most people have no idea who he is.

So to say he does not have support is a lie.  And there is a pretty good chance his letter to the President and congress swayed some thinking.  He is trying to help and you bashers here do nothing but waste time and take up space on earth.  Every charge made by the peanut gallery is biased and driven by bruised egos.  

Where is the proof he sent a letter to the president? And to think the president would take advice from a convicted felon? The news would tear him apart.
over45

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:17:20 PM

My posts are clearly written and understandable.  People have independently verified this without solicitation.

One last time because you are hard of hearing or just plain stupid:

The $5000 gold call was made as to what gold could reach in the event of a currency crisis and loss of faith in the system.  You saying that has to be tied to a specific date in time is ludicrous and idiotic.  A child could understand this.

This quote of mine:

addresses the misconception and misinterpretation by another user who tried to insinuate that Armstrong claims all forecasts can be made to the day.  He does not and never has.  What he means is exactly what I wrote -- that the fact that any (even one) can be made to the date means the markets are by no means random.  He HAS made many large calls to the day and is famous for it.  That is partially why the govt. went after him.

If you can't comprehend what I have written above - there  is no help for you.  
Indyz

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:18:50 PM

Lol. "You cannot expect someone to understand something that affects their livelihood."  Grin  Roll Eyes
CaymanJack

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:20:30 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2020, 08:09:02 PM by CaymanJack

My posts are clearly written and understandable.  People have independently verified this without solicitation.

One last time because you are hard of hearing or just plain stupid:

The $5000 gold call was made as to what gold could reach in the event of a currency crisis and loss of faith in the system.  You saying that has to be tied to a specific date in time is ludicrous and idiotic.  A child could understand this.

This quote of mine:

addresses the misconception and misinterpretation by another user who tried to insinuate that Armstrong claims all forecasts can be made to the day.  He does not and never has.  What he means is exactly what I wrote -- that the fact that any (even one) can be made to the date means the markets are by no means random.  He HAS made many large calls to the day and is famous for it.  That is partially why the govt. went after him.

If you can't comprehend what I have written above - there  is no help for you.  

It's pretty clear what you wrote. You keep contradicting yourself or you're referring to the fact that his forecasts are totally random.

You're simply an apologist for when Armstrong is wrong which is most of the time, but then will praise him when he finally gets one right.

Socrates/ECM are infallible according to Armstrong. If so then they should be forecasting to the day every time. Otherwise they are infallible and Armstrong is lying to his subscribers misrepresenting the accuracy of his forecasts.

And if he can't predict to the date every time, then his magical pi dates are totally useless, they have no meaning what so ever.
Lindegas

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 11:22:20 PM

Please don’t show his picture as a clown it’s derogatory to the real clowns
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: